Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 139422 times)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1000 on: August 07, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »

@PPS: call me lunatic if you want. But what you should do is look back between my argument and Galzria's. Seriously, if you are with him, tell me how can a scum play such fakeclaim.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 07, 2012, 03:37:28 pm »

Whew... I feel like I just ran a marathon (read all of D2 for the past hour and a half).  I feel like Galz's initial accusation of tc definitely had merit.  I was not buying tc's arguments against Galz, however I also did not want tc to be lynched today... until making it to this afternoon's posts.  In multiple posts this afternoon, tc has made posts that equate to a mafia trying to secure lylo for his scumbuddy by forcing a mislynch first.  These sort of "lynch them first (and then me when they flip town)" reek scum to me.  So much so that I am willing to Vote: timchen because of them. 

@tc, would you care to explain your ultimatum of kill galz then me?  If you're town, that's an illogical route to take because that will result in loss.  If you're mafia, it's the logical path to ensuring lylo for partner.  Therefore, because it is illogical for town, it only makes sense if you're mafia.  Unless of course you're town and your hunch was right, but still, unless you're cop and certain that Galz is mafia, that doesn't seem like a very helpful statement.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 07, 2012, 03:39:58 pm »

So, three votes, one more to go!

@shark: it is easy to explain. Because I am 100% sure that Galzria is mafia. So the remaining clause does not matter.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 07, 2012, 03:41:19 pm »

Vote Count 2-8

shark_bait (1): Young Nick
timchen (1): shark_bait
Galzria (2): Eevee, timchen
manda2014 (1): pingpongsam

Not Voting {2}: manda2014, Galzria

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, August 13, at 8:00 p.m. forum time (EDT)

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 07, 2012, 03:41:32 pm »

Oh, but let me double check: so are you saying that the accusation he made that "timchen fakeclaimed, withdrawed, then fabricated a story for it" has some merit?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: August 07, 2012, 03:42:44 pm »

So you're done softclaiming then?  I take your last statement as I'm cop and I investigated galz and he IS mafia.  If you're just plain VT, you're playing a risky game that has loss written all over it.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: August 07, 2012, 03:43:18 pm »

So, three votes, one more to go!

@shark: it is easy to explain. Because I am 100% sure that Galzria is mafia. So the remaining clause does not matter.

Previous post responding to this statement.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: August 07, 2012, 03:43:58 pm »

No I am not a cop. I specifically denied that. Galz's play made me 100% sure that he is mafia.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: August 07, 2012, 03:45:54 pm »

It still doesn't make sense why a town tc would risk the entire game on your feeling that galz is mafia. 

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: August 07, 2012, 03:46:18 pm »

Oh or maybe I should not have denied that hard. If I were a cop, I haven't investigated Galzria yet.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: August 07, 2012, 03:47:20 pm »

Can't you see that? Partly it is because I am angry at you guys. specifically PPS. I am kinda of sorry for eevee though.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: August 07, 2012, 03:47:59 pm »

Also to correct, it is not my feeling. It is my logical deduction.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: August 07, 2012, 03:58:46 pm »

I'm more saying that you didn't have much merit to vote against him in the first place. You tried very hard to make a wagon against him and he tried to refute it by calling you out.  Specifically damning for you in my eyes was the fact that  you said you had your reasons (and would reveal if necessary).  Your reasons as you later claimed involved an analysis of the frisk wagon including conjectures about where scum would/woudn't be as well as 3 posts between Galz/Eevee early D2 that confirmed in your eyes that Galz/Eevee were not working together.  Therefore, since you knew Eevee wasn't scum, you came to the conclusion that Galz was scum.  I didn't like the way you pushed the logic to drive the Galz lynch so regardless of how he responded, I guess you could say I saw your motives are more scummy than his.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: August 07, 2012, 03:59:57 pm »

And I just saw your claim of logical deduction... and realize why we disagree.  I think Eevee is scummy.  Therefore, I am doomed to not agree with your argument.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: August 07, 2012, 04:11:41 pm »

@Sharky... you still understood me wrong. Awfully wrong.

Galz's case has nothing to do with eevee. Galz's case is just that he insisted the theory that I have fakeclaimed. That response is NOT self defense as I have said a few times already. My eevee-galz theory does not point toward galz. If you want to know further just read my posts a bit more carefully.

But anyway, I'll count you as a vote now. So three votes! YN or Manda, come in for a vote?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: August 07, 2012, 04:18:37 pm »

unvote

Head hurts from thinking too much.  Need time to think.

@tc, I will try to look more carefully.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: August 07, 2012, 04:20:58 pm »

Phone lurking, so I can't really post much of anything. I'll read over everything on the bigger screen and post when I get home. So a couple of hours, maybe.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: August 07, 2012, 05:01:26 pm »

Quick, let's go for the trifecta! Let's kill Shark_bait!

(this post is not serious and is made in response to events in other mafia games)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: August 07, 2012, 05:04:17 pm »

+100 for mafia related humor

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: August 07, 2012, 05:29:31 pm »

I am through #959 and have scanned the rest for votes. In the scanning, I have seen many people asking for me to weigh in.

As of #959, I say that Galzria and timchen's battle needs re-reading because Galzria makes it seemingly unnecessarily confusing. Due to that, and gut feeling, and quotes that I can't pull right now, I think Galzria looks scummier of the two. That timchen is willing to devote his own life to the cause says something about how sure he stands. timchen does look to be leading the discussion a lot; I want to see others doing this. You learn a lot about someone when they are the ones leading discussion, provoking discussion.

I, like manda, am not yet taking official sides (re: voting) in the Galzria vs. timchen dispute due to a hesitant play style. I want my vote to count when I make it. For this reason, I am not much of a fan of people saying that my S_B case is just a ruse. PPS said something along those lines. I think it has serious merits. Somewhere in my scanning of recent posts, PPS (I think?) mentioned lunatic play either gets you d1 lynch or obvtown status. S_B is a nice example of this. timchen and others don't discuss him as a possibility often enough for my liking.

That's all for now.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: August 07, 2012, 05:33:09 pm »

Hi Young_Nick, so do you think Galz's case on me has some merit? From the post you wrote above the answer seems to be yes...

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:40 pm »

Okay, I'm on my computer now. I'll read the last few pages and then post.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: August 07, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »

timchen does look to be leading the discussion a lot; I want to see others doing this. You learn a lot about someone when they are the ones leading discussion, provoking discussion.

'round here we have a saying, "Let it Begin with Me".

I am not much of a fan of people saying that my S_B case is just a ruse. PPS said something along those lines.

I didn't mean to say your vote on Sharky was a de facto ruse just that if it were it supported YN/Sharky scumpair from D2 onwards. I qualified the implication with the fact that such D1 play would be ballsy and I have to say neither you nor Sharky have struck me as ballsy.

PPS (I think?) mentioned lunatic play either gets you d1 lynch or obvtown status. S_B is a nice example of this.
Very good point.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 07, 2012, 07:53:28 pm »

Okay. Wow. There's sooooo much here. Here we go.

First of all
Hi Young_Nick, so do you think Galz's case on me has some merit? From the post you wrote above the answer seems to be yes...

You really think that's what his post is saying? Because he specifically says he sees Galzira as MORE scummy than you... either I'm totally reading that wrong, or you really are losing it.

Regarding the timchen/Galzira conflict, the more I read it, the more tim just seems way too crazy to be mafia. Is that a clever mafia play? Maybe. Maybe not. However, if tim isn't scum then I think he's playing town terribly. The notorious "fakeclaim" plus his posts about "not investigating Galzira" that make it sound like he's claiming to be the town cop and then just plain going crazy don't do anything except make him look like scum.

Galz still seems like town to me, and as I was reading I really thought tim was probably scum, but now he just seem SO CRAZY that I don't know. I'm gonna be really peeved if they're both town, and the mafia are just loving this right now.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »

@manda: I am not playing crazy. But I get your vote. About YN it is just that he is still evaluating between us, which must mean that he still thinks Galz has some merit right? (So you see, my question is not to ask you guys to choose a side between us...)

So, at least 4 vote (Galz, PPS, Sharky, manda) decided that Galz's accusation of me
1. fakeclaimed
2. withdrawed immediately
3. found a fake reasoning for it
has some merit. As per town request, I for now will be voting following how Galz vote.
Unvote

Specifically, for now I will vote whoever immediately Galzria specifically asks me to vote. Without specific request I will vote whoever he votes whenever I like. I will NOT vote someone he didn't vote for without his clear instruction.

I will continue follow this rule in the next game day and after, until the game ends. I will keep my word. If I break it, I will play no more mafia on this forum.

Happy playing, town.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 57  All

Page created in 1.806 seconds with 20 queries.