Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 138989 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #725 on: July 28, 2012, 06:54:28 pm »

I hate to say I told you so.

BUT I TOLD YOU SO.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 28, 2012, 06:58:28 pm »

I hate to say I told you so.

BUT I TOLD YOU SO.

Easy to know for sure before hand when you're scum. ;) (This post is NOT an accusation, and should be taken in jest).

A VT lynch is still better than a PR lynch, and honestly IS better than no-lynch. It's just nowhere near as sweet as a scum lynch.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 28, 2012, 07:04:20 pm »

Flavor later when not posting from phone.

Captain Frisk has been lynched.  He was a Town Vanilla.

Night 1 has begun.  Commands are due in 48 hours from this post.

This thread is now LOCKED.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 30, 2012, 07:50:52 pm »

Day 1 final votecount below.  Day 2 starting post coming up momentarily.

Vote Count 1-17

Captain_Frisk (5): timchen, Galzria, Robz888, pingpongsam, shark_bait
shark_bait (2): manda2014, Young Nick
Galzria (2): Captain_Frisk, Eevee

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Captain_Frisk has been lynched.  He was a Town Vanilla.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 30, 2012, 07:58:03 pm »

Seven noseless individuals woke to a cold, rainy day.  After the debacle of last night - when five of their number latched a hold of Captain Frisk and tore him asunder, only to find no stolen noses nor any Mafia identification among his remains - what horrible sight might await them this morning?

The answer came to them by way of a traveling Horse Trader, who had gruesome news.  "Say, did you fellas hear about the body they found over at the jail?"

With sinking hearts, the seven went to the Hamlet's small prison.  Small it was, but with stout iron bars in the windows.  Stout enough to bludgeon a man to death, as the missing eighth lay on the ground with his noseless face crumpled into mush.

Worst of all, he proved to be none other than the keeper of said jail.  Had he not been slain, perhaps he could have done the Town some great good.  Now, without him... was all lost?

Robz888 has been slain.  He was the Town Jailkeeper.

Day 2 Start!

Not Voting {7}:
Eevee, Galzria, Young Nick, manda2014, timchen, shark_bait, pingpongsam

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, August 13, at 8:00 p.m. EDT

This thread is now UNLOCKED.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #730 on: July 30, 2012, 07:59:56 pm »

So, just in case anyone forgot..

I told you so.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 30, 2012, 08:03:22 pm »

Mafia hitting our jailkeeper spells trouble though. :/ Anyone have a theory why they targeted Robz? Maybe they figured he was laying low, knew he wasnt mafia so concluded there is a good chance he has a power role? Maybe they just wanted a good player dead?

Should reread what Robz said about everyone yesterday I guess. And who said what about robz.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 30, 2012, 08:04:17 pm »

Well that sucked.

Eevee, your "I told you so's" seem SO confident and cocky. It's not the first time you've said it, and it's just amazing how SURE you've been. Care to explain how all your reads are so good with such little information?

Also, Robz was either our only PR, or we have a cop. If we have a cop and they investigated town, they should not say - period.

If we have a cop and they investigated scum, they should try to lynch said scum without claiming, and only claim as a last resort.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 30, 2012, 08:19:11 pm »

Well that sucked.

Eevee, your "I told you so's" seem SO confident and cocky. It's not the first time you've said it, and it's just amazing how SURE you've been. Care to explain how all your reads are so good with such little information?
I seem to have a pretty good grasp on how Frisk plays I guess. I know I shoudnt be happy he flipped town, but.. I fought for his live the entire day yesterday. I was almost feeling stupid because I was the only one and I was so sure. I've never tried that hard to save someone (other than myself) from getting lynched, and I didnt have any investigative results to back that up. Repeating I told you so to everyone is childish, cocky and stupid, but its just because I'm so happy I made a good read and sticked to it. I promise I'll stop it now.  :)

Are you implying I'm scummy? I stuck my neck out to Frisk pretty damn hard. And didnt cave when nolynch seemed like a very real possibility.

Also, Robz was either our only PR, or we have a cop. If we have a cop and they investigated town, they should not say - period.

If we have a cop and they investigated scum, they should try to lynch said scum without claiming, and only claim as a last resort.
I approve of this plan 100%. I think everyone else should too.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 30, 2012, 11:39:01 pm »

Frisk: I am sorry. Really sorry. I am insane. Still... long post to come.

Robz: in my eyes he softclaimed PR d1. Dunno whether scum thought the same.

I think there must be a scum among me, pps, galzria. I think it's good time to go back to the pair analysis.

So: FoS: galzria

(Not Voting for him, in case I am insane again and scum can quick hammer during I am away)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 30, 2012, 11:43:04 pm »

I didnt notice robz softclaiming anything (but I never notice these things). Are you referring to him saying "at least in Frisk's case the worst case is VT"?

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 31, 2012, 12:00:14 am »

Well that sucked.

This is not true. Doctor/Jailkeeper is a possible set-up.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 31, 2012, 12:02:29 am »

Well that sucked.

Ah, you're right. I probably missed it due to the formatting on my mobile. Apologies.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 31, 2012, 12:12:53 am »

Well that sucked.

Ah, you're right. I probably missed it due to the formatting on my mobile. Apologies.
Oh, I thought it was intentional and Galz was saying "lets not even mention the possibility of a doctor, thats how low profile he is going to keep if we have one".

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 31, 2012, 12:21:20 am »

Well that sucked.

Oh, I thought it was intentional and Galz was saying "lets not even mention the possibility of a doctor, thats how low profile he is going to keep if we have one".

Well, that's absolutely true regardless.

Mafia Record:

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 31, 2012, 06:25:21 am »

Ugh, I keep coming back to the notion that No Lynch is a sound D1 play. I understand the arguments against it but my experience thus far negates how good the theory sounds.

At this point I have nothing but questions:

Did Mafia get really lucky or was Robz that transparent?

Is the Frisk wagon the place to study or do we look at who was implicating Robz Day 1?

The only voter on Robz was Sharky, is everyone still convinced of his innocence considering he was also on the Frisk wagon?

Galzria was a close second wagon in D1 are all of his assertions now validated?

I really hate the D2 feeling when you've managed to lynch your own and another dies in the night. The resolve to positively hit scum is strong, however.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 31, 2012, 05:38:52 pm »

Ok, lynching Frisk was even worse than I first realized - he was also the only one driving the discussion on!

I think studying the Frisk wagon is much more useful. Who threw opportunistic-looking votes on Frisk?

Sharky indeed looks rather scummy. Care to explain your actions yesterday, shark_bait?

Who else were opposed to Frisk's lynch, or was it just me?

Did anyone catch Robz dropping any hints on having a power role? I didnt notice anything.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 31, 2012, 06:04:55 pm »

I would be glad to, Eevee.  I hammered because I didn't want a no lynch day and with a hour or so left until the deadline and no other wagon picking up, I decided that since I wouldn't be around for the last hour, that I would hammer.  I realize that I went against most everything I said about me not wanting to lynch Frisk.  However, my desire to lynch was greater than my desire to not lynch frisk.

To answer the follow up question of why I desired to lynch.  I believe I posted back in the thread that a no lynch gains us nothing.  After D1, regardless of if we lynch or no lynch, we will lose in 2 days if we have another 2 VT lynches, assuming no PR interaction which is looking very probable now.  For that reason, i felt it pertinent to get the 1 lynch that we could so that we could come into today with as much concrete information as possible.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 31, 2012, 06:21:17 pm »

I would be glad to, Eevee.  I hammered because I didn't want a no lynch day and with a hour or so left until the deadline and no other wagon picking up, I decided that since I wouldn't be around for the last hour, that I would hammer.  I realize that I went against most everything I said about me not wanting to lynch Frisk.  However, my desire to lynch was greater than my desire to not lynch frisk.

To answer the follow up question of why I desired to lynch.  I believe I posted back in the thread that a no lynch gains us nothing.  After D1, regardless of if we lynch or no lynch, we will lose in 2 days if we have another 2 VT lynches, assuming no PR interaction which is looking very probable now.  For that reason, i felt it pertinent to get the 1 lynch that we could so that we could come into today with as much concrete information as possible.

But the concrete information points to you being mafia.

You know Frisk is town. You try to score some town rep by defending him. Then the wagon doesnt seem to go quite far enough, and nolynch looks imminent. You realize you want a townie gone. You hammer Frisk.

Again, for town its better to nolynch than kill a VT. You hammered someone you had had a town read on. That response didnt convince me. Vote: shark_bait

No, I dont want the day to end just yet, obviously. But I think this will both make others look at shark_baits actions more closely and give shark_bait more motivation to defend himself.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 31, 2012, 06:34:39 pm »

Ok, first on Robz: here's what I've picked up:
At this point, Shark_bait is newbie town, I think. Manda has the enthusiasm of a potential mafia, or maybe just somebody really excited about the game. Too early too tell. Eevee and Galzria are same as always. Frisk is an acceptable lynch.

Who am I missing? Oh, no particular reads on Young Nick or Timchen.

But we won't know anything until we just pick somebody to kill. The most important thing--more important than finding a mafia, actually, because we won't find a mafia, if all other games are any lesson--is to not pick a townie with a power role to be lynched.
Note how he said he has no reads on me, and emphasized not to lynch PR in the same time frame where he was a possible lynch target due to his lurkiness in this game.

Before his list, I had this post:
@Robz: I don't want to vote you just because of your lurkiness. I may have to if you continue to be on the forum but refuse to post in this game.

And in his list, he listed me 7th, just before shark:
Fine! The demands of you people. I'm currently trying to conquer Europe.

Suspicious, PPS, Frisk, Manda, Young Nick, Eevee, Galzria, Timchen, Sharky, Not Suspicious
I was very surprised to see myself down there. I had the feeling that he was replying to me that we should not kill him precisely because he is PR. Those are probably where I've picked up the feelings about him.

But basically, saying something about not to vote for PR when himself is in danger smells like he tries to implicitly claim himself PR. Later correspondence may exist only in my imagination.

After looking back, yeah, it is interesting that the scum chose to kill Robz. I wouldn't say Robz is obviously PR. If as I have assumed that there are at least 1 scum among me, Galz, Robz, and PPS, killing one of us narrows it down to 1 scum among 3 or 2 for the townies on this list. But yeah, if they killed someone on the opposite end of the wagon the situation would be similar. In this case I will probably go for Galzria today. However, if both scum are NOT on the wagon then it is quite possible that they are going to eliminate someone on the wagon. I really do entertain this possibility, as both PPS and Galzria still read town to me.

@eevee: before I post my feelings about frisk, can you say something more concrete why you think he is obvious town?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 31, 2012, 06:58:53 pm »

Alright, will you explain why no lynch is better.  I've put my case down on why a lynch is better than no lynch in this game.  I have seen no one argue why it would be better to go no lynch.  If someone has something, I'd be interested in hearing it.

FYI, I did not know that CF was town. 

Now put yourself in my shoes.  You play very scummy mafia throughout the beginning of the game and end the day with red flags flags going around on all but 3 people.  Those people are Galz, Robz and CF.  (Read CF and Robz post to verify if you want, I will tell you that they are there.  Galz, feel free to counter if I've misinterpreted you).  You want a lynch because you realize that you still get 2 more chances at lynching regardless of whether you no lynch or not.  So you decide to lynch 1 of the 3 people defending you as town.  Now it's night time, you need a night kill.  You think to yourself, let's kill Robz because he is ANOTHER person who was defending me.  Now you have just put yourself in a position where the majority of the town is willing and ready to kill you.

Okay, time to step out of my shoes.  I know what you are thinking about right now.

WIFOM

Galz, if I'm wrong about your D1 assessment, feel free to counter.

Now why in the world as a mafia member would I kill off 2 of the 3 people defending me?

Think about that. 
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 31, 2012, 07:01:53 pm »

You guys may be thinking that I had some whole master scheme to play scummy, gain credibility by a few people for playing noobish and thus avoid lynch.  Then in lynching/night kill decide to kill only people defending my credibility all so that I can say, "Wow, that would be a stupid mafia to do that!"

Yeah, that seems pretty likely to me.....

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 31, 2012, 07:06:11 pm »

Nope, you got my feelings towards your play yesterday about right.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 31, 2012, 07:30:24 pm »

@timchen
the biggest thing was his implied VT claim. Mafia Frisk would have fakeclaimed a power role. He showed willingness to take the bullet to help town win the game over and over, not something scum ever does. Frisk was our dark knight!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 31, 2012, 08:19:35 pm »

Frisk was our dark knight!
No, actually Frisk was the hero Gotham needed, not the one it deserved.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57  All

Page created in 2.187 seconds with 20 queries.