Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 139096 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #700 on: July 28, 2012, 02:59:50 pm »

Robz, do you think I should vote for Frisk even if I'm fairly confident he is town?

No, I don't. You shouldn't vote for someone if you are fairly confident that they are town.

However, you are wrong to be fairly confident that anyone is town at this point, most of all Frisk. So yes, you should vote for him. Look, no one has done anything to render them definitely town. The closest is Sharky, and I still wouldn't say he's obvtown. The best example of obvtown is SFS in MIV.

Frisk has been leading everybody like sheep, compiling, uh, way too much information for this stage of the game. He's had flashes of irritability. And Galzria's point about making a different first round kill than usual makes sense. Also, we know that lynching him will not lose us a power role (which is MEGA important), and it's informational for wagon reasons.

So I think you should vote for him. I don't want you to vote for anybody you think is definitely town, but I hope you see why you are wrong to think Frisk is definitely town (really, I think you're wrong to think that about anybody).
I dont think he is definitely town. I said I'm "fairly confident". I think he is more likely to be town than anyone else here.

Why on earth is Frisk more likely to be town than anyone else here???
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 28, 2012, 03:25:36 pm »

Because I think so?

Look, I dont blame anyone for thinking different, but I cant ignore the massive town read I have on Frisk.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 28, 2012, 04:10:14 pm »

Because I think so?

Look, I dont blame anyone for thinking different, but I cant ignore the massive town read I have on Frisk.

Fair enough. I don't have a massive town read on anybody, though.

If we do kill Frisk, another plus is it will tell us something about Eevee!

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 28, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »

Anything going on?  I'm on phone lurking at Costco.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 28, 2012, 04:50:46 pm »

My death will prove nothing re: eevee. He may just be trying to gain town cred with his uncanny ability to detect town

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: July 28, 2012, 04:51:40 pm »

About to go see Batman and dinner and all that so it'll be deadline before I post again but I'll try to keep up by phone here and there.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 28, 2012, 05:02:40 pm »

Pps - any chance of helping out with a galz lynch before your picture?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 28, 2012, 05:32:26 pm »

My death will prove nothing re: eevee. He may just be trying to gain town cred with his uncanny ability to detect town
It obviously wouldn't prove anything, but you can't really say it wouldn't help in determining my alignment.

Pps - any chance of helping out with a galz lynch before your picture?
Vote:Galzria. Rather Galzria than nolynch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 28, 2012, 05:42:09 pm »

Eevee, explain to me, if you will, how you have a town read off someone who has expressed extreme desire to rolefish, and has explicitly lied about me to further his case on me.

Also, while you're at it, do you mind putting a case together on me? (Because if someone felt inclined to go back and read your posts, funny thing, they would never find one presented).

For that matter, I believe it's been asked before, but is my only crime to appear pro-town? Hmm. Interesting.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 28, 2012, 05:45:35 pm »

I lied?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 28, 2012, 05:48:05 pm »

All right guys - In about an hour I'm going to go into phone lurk mode.  I'll do my best to monitor the situation - but in the event that scum hammers me - I will leave you with my parting thoughts in advance.

I suspect that 1 scum is currently voting for me, and 1 scum is not.  This makes things nice and easy (1/4 scum on each side - same odds as 2 scum in eight)

Of the folks on my wagon, I suspect RobZ and Galz the most.  First - Galz is not posting as much as he does in other games.  For example, I asked a question @ 9am this morning.  No Galzria post - but he's been all over the forums.

First off, this is a flat out lie. Here is a link to my profile and post history today:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=959

I have made a total of 4 posts today (well, since I woke up - not counting ~1:00am stuff), and only ONE of those was after CF asked me his question - That post, fwiw, was all of 3 words long. This is more spin from scum trying to paint a picture that gets somebody other than himself lynched.

RobZ i suspect as well - but the amount of suspicion on him is just far too ripe for me.

timchen I am starting to view as crazy rather than crafty.

PPS is just straight crazy.  I hope that this experience will teach him that being confident in this game is totally wrongheaded.

Off my wagon, I suspect Manda and eeVee the most.  I suspect that they will hammer me near the deadline with the excuse that its hammer time.  However, since lynch > no lynch - I think they are waiting and hoping that one of the townies gets it... thus only leaving 1 scum on the wagon who voted for me (1/5 = 20%)  Then they can night kill one of those people, and and they are at 1/4 (25%) and 1/3 (33%), although this isn't a guarantee.  They may prefer to kill someone off the wagon.

If scum is forced to lynch me, then I suspect they absolutely kill someone off the wagon to leave maximum room for suspicion of those who false lynched me.

I view young nick with some suspicion (lurker), and I think that shark_bait is obv town.

I promise that lynching me will not accomplish the goal of the first mafia game to lynch scum on day 1.  I think that Galz has a much better chance, and besides: he's in too many other games anyway.

First off, what's the value of a promise without a flip to back it up? I promise you that if you lynch me, I'll flip Day/Night Vig with bullet-proof immunity and a two-shot investigative ability. Yeah.

Second, the number of games that I am in has absolutely no bearing on my role here, and the idea that anybody would use this as an excuse to force a lynch through is ridiculous. It's a scum justification trying to get townies on-board.

---

To answer your question: CF has done nothing but role-fish all game. He stated early on that he desired to keep pushing wagons until the person being pushed was forced to claim. This is extremely anti-town. Furthermore, if that was indeed the case, it isn't something likely said by a PR, now is it? CF's wagon went up to L-1 and he did not claim. This means that he is either a VT, or Scum. At this point, I would MUCH rather role those dice, than keep fishing until we DO hit a power role, allowing the Mafia a huge advantage going forward.

If he IS a Vanilla Townie, that is the best possible non-mafia-lynch we could get. If he is Scum, we've set the standard that scum trying to hide behind VT claims and rolefish wagons will not be tolerated. If he's scum and he is NOT lynched there will never be a reason for Mafia to claim a PR again. They can claim VT all day long, get the wagon to drop, and move on to more PR hunting (which is, mind you, the one thing Mafia IS trying to accomplish). It is for this very reason that I have refused to claim. If CF is scum, allowing him to push a different wagon and force a claim is 100% beneficial to only one team: Mafia.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 28, 2012, 05:51:33 pm »

Sorry, phone posting - I really don't think I lied, but my apologies if I was truly mistaken about your level of activity on Friday.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 28, 2012, 05:52:01 pm »

Ps - you are totally scum

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 28, 2012, 05:53:49 pm »

Willing to self lynch yourself tomorrow if I get lynched today? Because I WILL flip town, and your ridiculous lie and scum play will be absolutely and totally revealed.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 28, 2012, 05:55:56 pm »

Willing to self lynch yourself tomorrow if I get lynched today? Because I WILL flip town, and your ridiculous lie and scum play will be absolutely and totally revealed.

Why would I agree to killing 2 town?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 28, 2012, 05:57:47 pm »

Well, I don't know what to do at this point but beg Sharky, Mandy, or Nicky to vote for Frisky. Of course nobody wants to be the hammer vote, least of all when you're not sure. I get that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 28, 2012, 06:01:13 pm »

Why would I agree to killing 2 town?

Gonna play the old "Oh woe is me, I really thought he was scum" card, even when the only case against me is that I'm viewed as too-town? Good luck with that.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 28, 2012, 06:01:31 pm »

You are the dude who likes no lunch

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 28, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »

Eevee, explain to me, if you will, how you have a town read off someone who has expressed extreme desire to rolefish, and has explicitly lied about me to further his case on me.

Also, while you're at it, do you mind putting a case together on me? (Because if someone felt inclined to go back and read your posts, funny thing, they would never find one presented).

For that matter, I believe it's been asked before, but is my only crime to appear pro-town? Hmm. Interesting.
I dont know what to tell you. Frisk doesnt seem mafia to me, I cant just unthink it because it would be convenient.

I dont think Frisk knowingly lied to build a case against you. Sounded more like he remembered some stuff wrong or something.

I'd have to read back to remember what you said I thought sounded off, but basicly not getting a town read from you so I think you are better than nolynch. If Robz or Nick had any votes, I'd be equally willing to vote for one of them.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 28, 2012, 06:29:36 pm »

Ughh... what to do?  I can't say I'm a fan of the CF lynch, but I also do not want no lynch. 

Robz, I have heard your plee and I am considering.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 28, 2012, 06:31:55 pm »

I dont know what to tell you. Frisk doesnt seem mafia to me, I cant just unthink it because it would be convenient.

I dont think Frisk knowingly lied to build a case against you. Sounded more like he remembered some stuff wrong or something.

I'd have to read back to remember what you said I thought sounded off, but basicly not getting a town read from you so I think you are better than nolynch. If Robz or Nick had any votes, I'd be equally willing to vote for one of them.

If I'm lynched, and after I flip town, how will you feel?

Mafia Record:

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:29 pm »

If you are town CF, I truly apologize.  But I really don't want to see a no lynch and I don't want to just assume that someone else will do this.

Vote:  Captain Frisk
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 28, 2012, 06:44:45 pm »

If I'm lynched, and after I flip town, how will you feel?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 28, 2012, 06:45:49 pm »

If you are town CF, I truly apologize.  But I really don't want to see a no lynch and I don't want to just assume that someone else will do this.

Vote:  Captain Frisk

If I'm right about Frisk being town, I think this is pretty scummy maneuver.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »

Doh.

Thanks for the good game folks. I am indeed vanilla town
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57  All

Page created in 2.048 seconds with 20 queries.