Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 139027 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #475 on: July 25, 2012, 02:02:09 pm »

Ultimately, I'm saying that such manipulation of the honest data tends to make anyone doing it look dishonest, imho.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 25, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »

I wouldn't say C_F's stuff is innately objective though. He does take the liberty of assuming that at least the two most suspicious are lynch-able and at least the two least suspicious are not on everyone's list even when people did not break their list up into categories like that. I'm not saying he is juking the stats here, but that they aren't a perfect representation of everyone's lists.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 25, 2012, 02:06:04 pm »

I wouldn't say C_F's stuff is innately objective though. He does take the liberty of assuming that at least the two most suspicious are lynch-able and at least the two least suspicious are not on everyone's list even when people did not break their list up into categories like that. I'm not saying he is juking the stats here, but that they aren't a perfect representation of everyone's lists.
I'm quite certain Frisk isnt trying to feed us misinformation. Even if he is scum, he is doing the lists to appear town, not to confuse us.

How am I a lurker? Someone did a post count a couple pages back, I think I had more than my fair share.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 25, 2012, 02:06:16 pm »

I will happily update the lists if desired - i can't help it if eeVee wanted to provide as little information as possible.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:01 pm »

I'm not saying that C_F intentionally screwed with the results in order to slant it any one way, but that for presentability's sake he altered them a little bit. No, this isn't innately bad, it's just something he did to slightly alter the results. I appreciate the compilation very much, in fact.

I doubt the original version would change much of anything, to be honest.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:45 pm »

I'm quite certain Frisk isnt trying to feed us misinformation. Even if he is scum, he is doing the lists to appear town, not to confuse us.

How am I a lurker? Someone did a post count a couple pages back, I think I had more than my fair share.

I can agree with "useless" or "bad at scumhunting" but I do participate.

I will happily update the lists if desired - i can't help it if eeVee wanted to provide as little information as possible.
I took Robz's list as my template, didnt realize what exactly you were doing.

I might be willing to lynch anyone but Frisk, PPS and Robz. Willing to vote for Nick or manda.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 25, 2012, 02:13:00 pm »

I found it so interesting because you guys were close to the diagonal axis (obviously nobody will lynch themselves - i mean - morgrim isn't in this game).  Also - since you were my top 2 suspects - it was extra confirmation to bias myself with.
Are you implying there is something being near diagonal? I don't see it, unless you order people in some hideous way.

@PPS: my analysis can strictly only point out the pairs. That is, you have to look in units of pairs. It does not make sense just to single out a person in the list to say he is suspicious. Also, as far as I can see you are also cutting off your highest and lowest suspicions. That does not make sense at all. I took 3-6 because that is in my opinion where scum would be likely to rank their partner among. If you took 3-6 from your own list, well, I am not sure what that meant.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 25, 2012, 02:13:13 pm »

I can agree with "useless" or "bad at scumhunting" but I do participate.

I took Robz's list as my template, didnt realize what exactly you were doing.

I might be willing to lynch anyone but Frisk, PPS and Robz. Willing to vote for Nick or manda.

In that case, the only thing that really changes is that we are no longer unanimous in maybe willing to lynch Robz.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 25, 2012, 02:14:18 pm »

I found it so interesting because you guys were close to the diagonal axis (obviously nobody will lynch themselves - i mean - morgrim isn't in this game).  Also - since you were my top 2 suspects - it was extra confirmation to bias myself with.
Are you implying there is something being near diagonal? I don't see it, unless you order people in some hideous way.

No - i only noticed it because you guys were right next to eachother U/U as 5 and 6.  If you had been 1 and 9, I might not have noticed the symmetry. 

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 25, 2012, 02:20:55 pm »

@PPS: simply put, I have my analysis as objective as possible. Robz and Galz are just the top and bottom ranked players. The bottom is an easy place to hide (so if galz is scum this list is useless and we have to include essentially every galz-x pairing) and the top spot is just somewhere scum is unlikely to be. I didn't control who is at top and at bottom. So if you want to cut the list shorter this seems like an objective way to cut.

The only subjective part you may say, is to cut myself out. I know 100% that I am town and that is why I present this analysis to the rest of the town. If you don't trust me, you can put me back and see which pair is the most suspicious.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 25, 2012, 02:22:04 pm »

@PPS: simply put, I have my analysis as objective as possible. Robz and Galz are just the top and bottom ranked players. The bottom is an easy place to hide (so if galz is scum this list is useless and we have to include essentially every galz-x pairing) and the top spot is just somewhere scum is unlikely to be. I didn't control who is at top and at bottom. So if you want to cut the list shorter this seems like an objective way to cut.

The only subjective part you may say, is to cut myself out. I know 100% that I am town and that is why I present this analysis to the rest of the town. If you don't trust me, you can put me back and see which pair is the most suspicious.

Whats funny is that even with your 3-6 range (which I actually did myself this morning), you and manda show up again.  I love it!

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 25, 2012, 02:35:22 pm »

Whats funny is that even with your 3-6 range (which I actually did myself this morning), you and manda show up again.  I love it!

I find it incredibly interesting that you are jumping on the pairs analysis - which I explicitly called out as probably useless.  Were you sensitive because it called you and manda out?
@frisk: I must have misunderstood you at some point. Haven't you already pointed out that me and manda are on my list? And honestly I think now you can start looking elsewhere, if you are not with YN. If I were scum, I honestly cannot think of a reason for myself not to exchange shark and manda's position if I know I am going to do this analysis.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 25, 2012, 02:37:32 pm »

*sorry I meant galz. Couldn't exactly recall how I ranked among the people I don't want to lynch.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2012, 02:55:34 pm »

I find it incredibly interesting that you are jumping on the pairs analysis - which I explicitly called out as probably useless.  Were you sensitive because it called you and manda out?
@frisk: I must have misunderstood you at some point. Haven't you already pointed out that me and manda are on my list? And honestly I think now you can start looking elsewhere, if you are not with YN. If I were scum, I honestly cannot think of a reason for myself not to exchange shark and manda's position if I know I am going to do this analysis.

So why should i start looking elsewhere?  Manda was my #1 suspect.  Seems that most of the town is pro manda lynch, but not enough for me to be concerned that she's 100% town. 

Who would you recommend that I look at?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 25, 2012, 03:13:24 pm »

You know, I think I'm coming around to a Frisk lynch. Too much leading the town.

Vote: Captain_Frisk
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:21 pm »

Is that L-1?  No Morgrim in sight though.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:48 pm »

Is frisk at L-1 now?

If so, do you want to claim?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 25, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »

Weak one shot vig with one shot roleblock immune.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 25, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

Hey, looks like we got a real life Vanilla Townie to L-1. That's great news! Hammer time.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 25, 2012, 03:22:26 pm »

I would say we shouldn't hammer unless we see an explicit claim from frisk or an explicit refusal to do so.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 25, 2012, 03:23:22 pm »

Daaa da da duh, da duh, da duh Can't touch this
Daaa da da duh, da duh, da duh Can't touch this

I will not hammer because I do not believe in this lynch
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 25, 2012, 03:24:43 pm »

Hey, looks like we got a real life Vanilla Townie to L-1. That's great news! Hammer time.

Why would this be great news?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 25, 2012, 03:32:54 pm »

I'm going to assume its because it means robz gets to keep his vote on you (his preferred target).

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 25, 2012, 03:52:17 pm »

Because things get messy if you claim a power role, as you know.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:07 pm »

Because things get messy if you claim a power role, as you know.

So you would rather lynch vanilla town than force a claim?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57  All

Page created in 1.979 seconds with 20 queries.