Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (GAME OVER: MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 139010 times)

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia VII: The Annual Nose-Stealing Competition (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #325 on: July 23, 2012, 12:55:40 pm »

Ok. Let me elaborate my idea on frisk a bit.

Again this mostly came from his interaction with sharky. I would say it is okay to depict shark as a smart but inexperienced player. It might make sense to him without too much thinking that an early vote on frisk can distance him from his partner. His explanation for the vote and frisk's response look like coaching to me. His later unvote and unwillingness to revote are side evidences.

On frisk's side, his theory of forcing people to claim, while plausible, does sound more like from mafia. They have two votes, and therefore are slightly more unlikely to be at that position (especially in the early days). And it only benefits the mafia for a townie to claim VT or PR. In the PR case it is obviously so; in the VT case it is because the mafia can immediately believe him while the town may not.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 23, 2012, 12:56:37 pm »

Oh, and if my far-fetched theory of frisk-sharky team is correct, I would rather lynch frisk first both because he is more experienced and because sharky is new.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 23, 2012, 01:01:10 pm »

Oh, and if my far-fetched theory of frisk-sharky team is correct, I would rather lynch frisk first both because he is more experienced and because sharky is new.

I save you some time and tell you with 100% certainty that it is at least half wrong.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 23, 2012, 01:09:52 pm »

I save you some time and tell you with 100% certainty that it is at least half wrong.

Do you mind sharing your idea about frisk with us then?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 23, 2012, 01:40:36 pm »

Seriously, where is everyone?  Galz and robz are posting everywhere else.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 23, 2012, 02:07:10 pm »

So - Galzria - what do you think about RobZ's intentional lurking?

I mentioned before that it, along with his general playstyle, could very well be to try and throw a former scummate (myself). He could also be trying something new. I'm not convinced which. If there was a reason to believe it was the former I would absolutely vote for him.

I notice too that Robz wants to be in all the games, but he does become increasingly "lurky" the more he adds. Not really blaming him, just commenting. I still think he's an asset to our games, lurker or not.

I will admit to having a bit of a hard time with Robz though, in the same way I do with Joth. We've played SO many games together, there is both a natural trust, and a natural distrust of each other.  Inevitably, right or wrong, we'll end up shooting for each other. To try to reduce the "wrong" and increase the "right", I try to get more fully developed reads on him before speculating or voting with more conviction on him.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 23, 2012, 02:33:21 pm »

Seriously, where is everyone?  Galz and robz are posting everywhere else.
I'm on all the time.. Just nothing to say. Fwiw, I feel seeing what Frisk eventually flips in a game we cant really discuss will help me some with getting a read on him here so thats something.
I'm sad how little I have on ANYONE in this game. This situation is extremely beneficial to mafia because its going to be really easy to fabricate a fake case and have me believe it now given how I have very little opinions of anything on my own.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 23, 2012, 02:42:48 pm »

Do you mind sharing your idea about frisk with us then?

I will try to be as clear as possible in this post.  I don't want anything to be taken the wrong way.  CF has been very vocal in this game.  Offering advice, jokes and general banter.  When directly asked by Galz if he would vote for me, he posts the following:

I am thinking about it.  Will post more from pc tonight.  I have played dominion with sb before.  He isn't a doofus.

Soon after, he says

I am alot less likely to buy a "noob" defense from someone who has demonstrated extreme skill at any primarily mental activity.  It's actually the same reason that my vote is still on timchen.

Later on, he says,

Seriously though - i felt that her vote on SB was pressured when she was called out for not voting - and I think she's read enough mafia to really have a sense that shark_bait's play is more likely noob than scum.

From this, I would presume (and correct me if I'm wrong) that CF sees my play as inexperienced and sloppy and is for now, viewing me as not mafia.  A mafia member would know that I am not mafia.  From CF's posts, I see a slow decision to trust my play as dumb.  This could be an elaborate ploy by a mafia member (so I can't trust him completely which is also something I can say about all the rest of you), but I'm inclined to believe he is legit.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 23, 2012, 03:02:10 pm »

So - dumb is a little strong to describe SB's play.

I just think that announcing to the town "hey - I want to convince everyone that I'm town" is just a little too aggressive to pull off as a first time mafia player.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 23, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »

I bet he's getting hungry for dinner.... because of all that grilling going on in MVI.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 23, 2012, 05:06:46 pm »

Listen - if he has enough time to sign up for a diplomacy game - he can come over here and explain why he's lurking.

shark_bait

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 23, 2012, 05:09:20 pm »

eevee, timchen, manda, YN... anyone???  Anyone else think robz behavior in this game is strange?

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 23, 2012, 05:16:27 pm »

I do. But sadly I don't find it a scummy move so I am less inclined to push his wagon for now.

My experience up to now: lurkers are lurkers because they are bored, not because they are scum. If anything, lurking when you are scum is probably the worst way to play the game. You have more things you can do. I certainly won't lurk in a game I am mafia.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 23, 2012, 05:18:54 pm »

I don't consider it scummy exactly, but its certainly out of character.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2012, 06:06:19 pm »

eevee, timchen, manda, YN... anyone???  Anyone else think robz behavior in this game is strange?
He has a lot of stuff going on, I can certainly relate to not finding anything useful to say. I dont know why this is moving so slow but mafia must be loving it.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2012, 08:54:46 pm »

From this, I would presume (and correct me if I'm wrong) that CF sees my play as inexperienced and sloppy and is for now, viewing me as not mafia.  A mafia member would know that I am not mafia.  From CF's posts, I see a slow decision to trust my play as dumb.  This could be an elaborate ploy by a mafia member (so I can't trust him completely which is also something I can say about all the rest of you), but I'm inclined to believe he is legit.

If you're town, of course a mafia member would know you're not mafia, but that in no way means that they would come right out and say "I know this person is town." because that would bring suspicion on them. Acting certain of something enarly always brings suspicion, even if that's just that person's playstyle, and they always say "I know" when they mean "I'm 99% certain." If Frisk is mafia, and you're town and he knows that, he might still play like he's slow to make a decision on you.

It's certainly very.... off. And it makes me wary, but I'm inclined to think that maybe he's taking the opportunity of being in a newbie game to test out a different playstyle. We'll see.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »

So manda - since you're here - how confident do you feel on your shark_bait vote?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2012, 09:07:53 pm »

So manda - since you're here - how confident do you feel on your shark_bait vote?
trying to drive the game forward is certainly a town thing to do. Props to Mr Frisk + this clears you a bit in my head.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2012, 09:11:27 pm »

You know I'm not a furry, right?

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2012, 09:14:11 pm »

I'm not totally totally certain. His last post seems a little too noobish, but he's not close to a lynch so I'm not ready to change it yet.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2012, 09:18:23 pm »

I'm not totally totally certain. His last post seems a little too noobish, but he's not close to a lynch so I'm not ready to change it yet.

Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?  I think my wagon is pretty sweet - perhaps you should join me in voting for scum?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »

The total lack of posting from Galzria and RobZ is making me extra special nervous.

Galzria - would you like to talk about beer if you won't talk about the game?  There's another brewfest in CT coming up.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2012, 09:43:11 pm »

I'd defend my vote from Robz if he ever bothered to substantiate it.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

manda2014

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2012, 09:47:10 pm »

Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?  I think my wagon is pretty sweet - perhaps you should join me in voting for scum?

Honestly there's been so little posting lately that I'm not sure on how to proceed. It looks like it's picking up some, though, so maybe I'll have a better read on everything soon... and no, I'm not particularly interested in joining the wagon you're on...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 57  All

Page created in 1.789 seconds with 20 queries.