Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Worst Swindler luck, some bad shuffle luck, and...wait, I won?  (Read 1246 times)

hdu88

• Navigator
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
    • Youtube account

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201207/12/game-20120712-143648-fb0ca93f.html

Not sure how I won this. My opponent looked like he had an easy win, with an early 2-Province lead in a game with Tournament and Salvager. Then he managed to fizzle despite getting all of the prizes (due to bad Salvager decisions maybe?)
"He looks like he doesn't know what he's doing, and then he wins."

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Swindler luck, some bad shuffle luck, and...wait, I won?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:51:47 pm »

Yeah, T12 (EDIT - and every turn after he should have trashed something different), he should have trashed one of the Salvagers.  That would have allowed him another Province.  I'm currently in awe of 2 things. 

1.)  How many times you hit his Estates.  Geez, I would have been silently (okay probably verbally) spewing out profanities at my computer screen.

2.)  How important he thought it was to trash his coppers and estates (Princess in play) for 0 benefit!

He didn't make a single good use of Salvagers most annoying feature, pile driving Provinces when you have the lead.  That being said, way to not give up and have a nice come from behind win!
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:08:30 pm »

I've seen a lot of both 1) and 2) from Lord Bottington in the beta product as well :).

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:32:49 pm »

Yeah, your opponent's salvaging cost him the game.  Like Salvaging a copper instead of playing Followers (!) ?
A man on a mission.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.774 seconds with 21 queries.