Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42  All

Author Topic: Mafia Queue  (Read 104879 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Queue
« Reply #850 on: November 09, 2012, 07:54:27 am »

Twilight Imperium!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 09, 2012, 08:37:43 am »

Mafia, Resistance, Cosmic Encounter, Hanabi, Gauntlet of Fools, ... the number of games here are increasing.
As appreciation for all the organization of the games I play here, I like to host a different game.
Any suggestions? Anyone eager to play Pandemic? Especially anyone who doesn't know the game and want to try it out?
I would play Pandemic.  Never seen it before, but most of the games that made the Top 10 are ones I've heard various folks discuss in other threads, and they all interest me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 03:28:54 pm by SwitchedFromStarcraft »
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 09, 2012, 08:44:45 am »

Mafia, Resistance, Cosmic Encounter, Hanabi, Gauntlet of Fools, ... the number of games here are increasing.
As appreciation for all the organization of the games I play here, I like to host a different game.
Any suggestions? Anyone eager to play Pandemic? Especially anyone who doesn't know the game and want to try it out?
I would play Pandemic.  Never seen it before, but most of the games that made the Top 10 are ones I've heard various folks discuss in other threads, and the all interest me.

Pandemic is a very enjoyable game. One of my favorites in a small group (3-4).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 09, 2012, 10:32:44 am »

Qvist, you forgot Diplomacy.  On that note, y'all should join diplomacy.  It's exciting, it's fun, it's not an armadillo.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 09, 2012, 11:04:45 am »

I'd be interested in playing a forum-based armadillo.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 10, 2012, 10:33:00 am »

I haven't played before, but I'd like to play a regular Mafia game.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 10, 2012, 10:50:08 am »

I haven't played before, but I'd like to play a regular Mafia game.

If a newbie friendly game starts up soon, I am willing to push my game back to allow it to be played before. I wouldn't want to host it because I would actually like to play having never played in a completely normal game before. (The closest I got was in Blitz1).

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 10, 2012, 11:40:54 am »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 10, 2012, 11:42:25 am »

I am happy to host a standard newbie game if there's interest.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 10, 2012, 12:36:29 pm »

probably going to go back home to face the music tomorrow, i guess i'd have time to play too.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 10, 2012, 07:36:20 pm »

I am happy to host a standard newbie game if there's interest.

My Buffy game will be newbie friendly.  PMs are written, co-mod confirmed.  Can start within a few days if needed.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 10, 2012, 08:19:26 pm »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 11, 2012, 02:45:14 am »

In, and keen to start after just reading through a fair chunk of Mafia I.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 11, 2012, 02:48:51 am »

In, and keen to start after just reading through a fair chunk of Mafia I.

Welcome! The forum games here are a ton of fun. We get pretty into it, and it's always exciting to see new victims faces!  ;D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 11, 2012, 05:13:09 am »

Should I try to launch my Buffy game then?  Tuesday sign ups are doable for me.   Standard semi-open set-up with flavor, newbie friendly, no Buffy knowledge required.

There's maybe 3-4 games head of mine in the queue though...I think I am MXX.  If the mods in-between are okay with it, glad to get the newbie-friendly one going.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 11, 2012, 10:19:17 am »

Should I try to launch my Buffy game then?  Tuesday sign ups are doable for me.   Standard semi-open set-up with flavor, newbie friendly, no Buffy knowledge required.

There's maybe 3-4 games head of mine in the queue though...I think I am MXX.  If the mods in-between are okay with it, glad to get the newbie-friendly one going.

Let me clarify... I am ok with a newbie game jumping ahead of mine in the mafia que... not just a "newbie friendly" game... All games are newbie friendly to a certain degree. What I mean by a newbie game is the typical 9 player game that I, Voltgloss or even Insomniac's Lawman. If your game fits that standard then certainly start it up. But if I doesn't I suggest waiting for your turn. I would also hope that this newbie game is able to attract 3-4 true newbies in the same way that mine did (Cuzz, ashersky, Jorbles, geolib) and Volts have in the past.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 11, 2012, 02:47:36 pm »

Let me clarify... I am ok with a newbie game jumping ahead of mine in the mafia que... not just a "newbie friendly" game... All games are newbie friendly to a certain degree. What I mean by a newbie game is the typical 9 player game that I, Voltgloss or even Insomniac's Lawman. If your game fits that standard then certainly start it up. But if I doesn't I suggest waiting for your turn. I would also hope that this newbie game is able to attract 3-4 true newbies in the same way that mine did (Cuzz, ashersky, Jorbles, geolib) and Volts have in the past.

Noobs get priority \in-ing?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 11, 2012, 03:27:29 pm »

I'm more than happy to wait--not trying to jump the line.

My game is 13, not 9.  I think we have 2 newbies in forum now, who could have priority in.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 11, 2012, 03:39:52 pm »

I'm more than happy to wait--not trying to jump the line.

My game is 13, not 9.  I think we have 2 newbies in forum now, who could have priority in.

yeah, I would suggest volt start up signups, giving priority, or at least saving some spots for new players and then completely opening it up once we hit 4-5 new players or after a week or so has gone by. If this game is able to start I will hold off on mine for a bit, but probably not much, because ideally Volt's game will have more new players that aren't necessarily in my game, if it isn't, I will just run mine like I normally would.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 11, 2012, 04:26:44 pm »

Question: why is a queue necessary? Why not allow anyone to start a game whenever they have the desired number of players? I'm not arguing or anything, just curious.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 11, 2012, 04:30:14 pm »

Question: why is a queue necessary? Why not allow anyone to start a game whenever they have the desired number of players? I'm not arguing or anything, just curious.
Eh, it's probably not needed. People just use it to say if they have a game idea and then people can tell them if they are interested.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 11, 2012, 04:30:51 pm »

I think to ensure not too many games are going at once, plus folks work hard on game set up, and we want to ensure everyone who does gets the chance to launch.

We have an updated game index/queue going here: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=5290.0

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 11, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »

It's also been a bit crazy lately, so it'll probably be more useful when things get more organized.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 12, 2012, 09:43:14 am »

Sorry, I'm a little confused on where things stand - is the next "newbie-friendly" game going to be the Buffy game?  Or would new players prefer a "standard" setup (a la M-I, M-II, etc.)?  I don't mind either way.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 12, 2012, 09:47:55 am »

I don't think the flavour of the game should matter, but if its a newbie game it should have the newbie style set up (no weird twists)
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42  All

Page created in 1.334 seconds with 20 queries.