Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31  All

Author Topic: MAFIA V: Emptying the Apothecary Pile GAME OVER - TOWN WINS  (Read 77843 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: MAFIA V: Emptying the Apothecary Pile (Day 2)
« Reply #575 on: July 10, 2012, 04:28:43 pm »

Robz - contingency plan for if you are lynched and turn up town is absolutely vital to town success. If you are town, then O is almost certainly mafia. If you won't come up with the contingency plan, I propose that yuma should come up with it for you.

I second that, and hate his response to Yuma's vote. Not voting myself until he responds though.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 10, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »

Robz - contingency plan for if you are lynched and turn up town is absolutely vital to town success. If you are town, then O is almost certainly mafia. If you won't come up with the contingency plan, I propose that yuma should come up with it for you.

I don't have a contingency plan.

Besides, if I try to tell you all what to do, I don't think anybody is actually right about what they think their power is. I mean, whoever has the killing powers should kill Galzria, who I suspect is mafia alongside O or Frisk. But if someone targets Galzria, they are just as likely to save him as kill him.

One final argument for why it's Galzria: He tried to make a helpful chart, after I already did. Over-the-top unnecessarily helpful Galzria is mafia Galzria, as anybody from MII would know.

That's all. Adios, amigos. I think we screwed up Day 1 and were pretty much doomed from there.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 10, 2012, 04:32:26 pm »

OK, Yuma, who should everybody target if Robz flips town?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: July 10, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

Besides, if I try to tell you all what to do, I don't think anybody is actually right about what they think their power is. I mean, whoever has the killing powers should kill Galzria, who I suspect is mafia alongside O or Frisk. But if someone targets Galzria, they are just as likely to save him as kill him.

One final argument for why it's Galzria: He tried to make a helpful chart, after I already did. Over-the-top unnecessarily helpful Galzria is mafia Galzria, as anybody from MII would know.

That's all. Adios, amigos. I think we screwed up Day 1 and were pretty much doomed from there.

You mean the chart YOU ASKED me to make?

Galzria, would you make the same chart? I will make mine.

Vote: Robz888

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 10, 2012, 04:34:50 pm »

To be fair Mr. Galzria - you didn't react super well to being told to come up with a plan either.

I will not produce a list unless Yuma asks me to. Yuma is the closest thing to confirmed town in my mind.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 10, 2012, 04:35:34 pm »

RobZ: Will you make a list?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 10, 2012, 04:38:24 pm »

To be fair Mr. Galzria - you didn't react super well to being told to come up with a plan either.

I will not produce a list unless Yuma asks me to. Yuma is the closest thing to confirmed town in my mind.

To be equally as fair, the response was after you said "I want to vote for him, but want to see a list first" (or something that very strongly gave that impression). Since it was then obvious that Yuma would be the hammer vote in that case, I deferred until he asked me.

Even then, he suggested I NOT do it, unless I hit L-1 (which would require you voting for me), but I went ahead with one anyway.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 10, 2012, 04:41:06 pm »

I never meant a chart of who is what role. I meant a who you think is mafia ranking. This post, if I remember correctly, was right after O did that.

I quickly realized the role chart was entirely useless for figuring anything out. We are being distracted by a role discussion that gets us almost nowhere, and should be looking at scumminess.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 10, 2012, 04:44:25 pm »

@RobZ: Will you make a contingency plan?

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 10, 2012, 04:48:02 pm »

if we kill robz and he's mafia the next day is LyLo, right? i think i should use my vig power even if he is mafia, as it increases our odds of a win substantially to get two guesses instead of just one. or am I confused by all the roles?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 10, 2012, 04:48:57 pm »

If the town doesn't lose tonight and there is another day, you should lynch Galzria. What other plan could I come up with? I don't know who has what doctor powers, so I can't advise that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 10, 2012, 04:49:30 pm »

if we kill robz and he's mafia the next day is LyLo, right? i think i should use my vig power even if he is mafia, as it increases our odds of a win substantially to get two guesses instead of just one. or am I confused by all the roles?

If you are positive your Vig, which I find doubtful, you should kill Galzria. And you will be doing that, because you will learn I am town very soon.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 10, 2012, 04:56:09 pm »

ok, so, Robz, is this your contingency plan? If you flip town, I target Galzria, nobody else targets anyone?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 10, 2012, 04:58:38 pm »

Is it just me, or is this a really bad idea?

Is there anyone in this game who hasn't sat down and tried to think about how we could survive a mislynch today?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 10, 2012, 05:01:14 pm »

If the town doesn't lose tonight and there is another day, you should lynch Galzria. What other plan could I come up with? I don't know who has what doctor powers, so I can't advise that.

The idea is to put a person (if you do end up flipping town) who we can 100% trust in control of the situation. Hopefully you flip scum and we don't have to worry about that. Frankly, if you said "my plan is for everyone to do what they think is best" I would take that above anything else that anyone else alive can offer because we might be completely manipulated. But you should only suggest that if you think that is actually best for town. Do you think everyone doing what they think best, is actually best for town?

Or do you have some other ideas? We would love to hear them.

If not, I can come up with some suggestions, but if I were the other townspeople I wouldn't trust anyone but someone 100% confirmed town to dictate the night. I can trust myself, but once night comes, can they trust me? My fear is that if Robz is lynched, and if he flips town, people won't follow my direction. "He voted for Robz, maybe he is actually mafia and leading us astray." Doubt sneaks in and they don't follow directions and then chaos again ensues (see night 1). Direction from you would be far better than direction from me because it would be from a confirmed townie!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 10, 2012, 05:09:48 pm »

I never meant a chart of who is what role. I meant a who you think is mafia ranking. This post, if I remember correctly, was right after O did that.

I quickly realized the role chart was entirely useless for figuring anything out. We are being distracted by a role discussion that gets us almost nowhere, and should be looking at scumminess.

Really? Can you direct me to where you then "made a chart like O's" after asking me to make one like you were doing?

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 10, 2012, 05:17:08 pm »

Galzria, look: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2893.msg55939#msg55939

This is where I asked you to make the same chart. I meant, same as the one O made in the previous post. Look.

ehunt

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 10, 2012, 05:17:57 pm »

I have to go for a few hours. I will not vote for Robz absent
1. a contingency plan from him*
2. an answer to my post #584 from everyone else.

*or evidence of anti-town stonewalling by intentionally refusing to make a contingency plan.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 10, 2012, 05:18:19 pm »

Galzria, look: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=2893.msg55939#msg55939

This is where I asked you to make the same chart. I meant, same as the one O made in the previous post. Look.

A numbered list is hardly a chart.  I can totally see how Galz thought you meant - put together a google doc spreadsheet.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 10, 2012, 05:18:41 pm »

The idea is to put a person (if you do end up flipping town) who we can 100% trust in control of the situation. Hopefully you flip scum and we don't have to worry about that. Frankly, if you said "my plan is for everyone to do what they think is best" I would take that above anything else that anyone else alive can offer because we might be completely manipulated. But you should only suggest that if you think that is actually best for town. Do you think everyone doing what they think best, is actually best for town?

Or do you have some other ideas? We would love to hear them.

If not, I can come up with some suggestions, but if I were the other townspeople I wouldn't trust anyone but someone 100% confirmed town to dictate the night. I can trust myself, but once night comes, can they trust me? My fear is that if Robz is lynched, and if he flips town, people won't follow my direction. "He voted for Robz, maybe he is actually mafia and leading us astray." Doubt sneaks in and they don't follow directions and then chaos again ensues (see night 1). Direction from you would be far better than direction from me because it would be from a confirmed townie!

Just because you can trust me doesn't mean I have any idea who has what role, so why I could or should know what people should do is beyond me. I don't like "whatever yuma says" either.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 10, 2012, 05:20:03 pm »

A numbered list is hardly a chart.  I can totally see how Galz thought you meant - put together a google doc spreadsheet.

You're right. I thought it was clear because I was referring to the previous post. Also, the "I will make mine" line doesn't make sense if you think it's a google doc spreadsheet, because I had already made a google doct spreadhseet.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 10, 2012, 05:50:19 pm »

Robz's refusal to make a list is explicitly anti-town.

eHunt - I agree - if RobZ flips mafia - then there is a reasonable chance you have a killing power and should use it.  Galzria and I might have killing powers, but we might also have been roleblocked - and if more than one of us fire - we might cause a loss.  The worst case is that we end up with 2 town and 1 mafia.  We would probably no lynch in that scenario anyway - and you'll take out the scummiest suspect.

Now - lets discuss what to do about RobZ?  If he refuses to make a list - how do we proceed?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 10, 2012, 05:51:46 pm »

Robz's refusal to make a list is explicitly anti-town.

eHunt - I agree - if RobZ flips mafia - then there is a reasonable chance you have a killing power and should use it.  Galzria and I might have killing powers, but we might also have been roleblocked - and if more than one of us fire - we might cause a loss.  The worst case is that we end up with 2 town and 1 mafia.  We would probably no lynch in that scenario anyway - and you'll take out the scummiest suspect.

Now - lets discuss what to do about RobZ?  If he refuses to make a list - how do we proceed?

Do you want a list of "Frisk targets ehunt, ehunt targets O, O targets...." etc.? Because yeah, I'm not going to do that. I don't know who has what power. Why would I do that?

I can tell you my list who I think is mafia: 2 out of 3 of Galzria, Frisk and O.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 10, 2012, 06:29:23 pm »

Just because you can trust me doesn't mean I have any idea who has what role, so why I could or should know what people should do is beyond me. I don't like "whatever yuma says" either.

I understand that. The point is that at least we know that you aren't trying to manipulate us. We don't know that about anyone else. Like I said, if you want to say, "Everybody do whatever you want" I would rather follow that than something from someone else. But I don't think that is the best you can come up with.

We don't need a A targets B plan, if you want to provide that, that would be nice. But a general plan for everyone would work as well. Such as A targets either A, B, or C. C targets B or D, D does nothing, etc. Something that provides a little direction instead of massive chaos.

In fact I would rather have random time stamps be the source of your plan instead of none. Obviously this isn't ideal because you are smart and can figure something for us to use. Can't you?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 10, 2012, 06:30:23 pm »

But if I don't know who has what ability, how can I suggest who should do what?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 15 queries.