Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Isotropic is still down  (Read 25377 times)

Schlippy

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +60
    • View Profile
Re: Isotropic is still down
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 04:29:38 pm »

BSW has Dominion too, but it has only 5 cards per expansion and only 5 cards from intrigue (but it has all the base cards).
The main problem with BSW (besides animations, no logs, slightly flawed rules and minor bugs) is that the level in public games is really low. :(
I do upload some Dominion videos on youtube now. :)

Stringer Bell

• Swindler
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 01:36:32 am »

Any update?
"There's games beyond the f***ing game." -Stringer Bell

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +275
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 01:47:49 am »

Any update?

Oh why hello Stringer. I didn't expect to see one who is no longer living to be posting on the Internet. A most curious phenomenon. The best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

- Brother Mouzone

Stringer Bell

• Swindler
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 02:03:10 am »

Any update?

Oh why hello Stringer. I didn't expect to see one who is no longer living to be posting on the Internet. A most curious phenomenon. The best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

- Brother Mouzone

Brother! I've got a job for you as soon as you join me down here in Hell. Satan is absolutely terrible, just like Avon. I'll need you to take care of him, the same way you have been doing for years on Earth. No hard feelings about what happened in the housing development.

TempestMaker

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 02:50:42 am »
+2

Any update?

- Brother Mouzone

Brother! I've got a job for you as soon as you join me down here in Hell. Satan is absolutely terrible, just like Avon. I'll need you to take care of him, the same way you have been doing for years on Earth. No hard feelings about what happened in the housing development.

This should be appreciated by this particular audience... (Oh man I can't wait 'till Iso is back...)

Stringer Bell

• Swindler
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 03:06:59 am »

Any update?

- Brother Mouzone

This should be appreciated by this particular audience... (Oh man I can't wait 'till Iso is back...)

If you're really into the show, check out thewirepiecebypiece.com. I'm not affiliated with the site, but I really think it's interesting. Since most of the people on here are probably fairly intellectual, considering the game we all are attempting to master, some of the fans of the show might really enjoy such a minute breakdown of The Wire.

Stringer Bell

• Swindler
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 03:07:43 am »

Also, I have SO many issues with that chart, but this isn't really the place for a discussion like that.

TempestMaker

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 03:13:40 am »

Also, I have SO many issues with that chart, but this isn't really the place for a discussion like that.

Ha, I have a few issues with it too.  (I assume you disagree with the first component of your own avatar's alignment, for one...)  Still, it's fun, and you can at least see the logic with each of them. 

I'll check out that site.  It was a while back that I last watched The Wire, but it is indeed a good show.

Varsinor

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +63
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2012, 07:56:36 am »

Isotropic set standards and expectations, and it sounds like those in charge of the official server are quite aware of them, and are willing to put in the work to satisfy them.

Unfortunately to me it doesn't sound at all like the official game will be anything like the brilliant Isotropic. *Click for elaboration*

Thanks so much for this incredible piece of work, dougz! :D Too bad you are not the one in charge of the new platform!

Ghritke

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2012, 09:56:06 am »

Still down. Rats! Was I right about the power supply?
Dominion has become an established part of my bar prep routine -- hopefully it's back up by Monday.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2012, 10:18:43 am »

Thanks so much for this incredible piece of work, dougz! :D Too bad you are not the one in charge of the new platform!

Well, to be fair, he was given the chance to be the one in charge of the new platform and declined. So it's probably not too bad from his point of view.

Varsinor

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2012, 10:48:17 am »

Well, to be fair, he was given the chance to be the one in charge of the new platform and declined. So it's probably not too bad from his point of view.

Yes, I had read about that - but from my point of view it's still too bad! 8)

Young Nick

• Minion
  • Respect: +275
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2012, 12:31:03 pm »

If you're really into the show, check out thewirepiecebypiece.com. I'm not affiliated with the site, but I really think it's interesting. Since most of the people on here are probably fairly intellectual, considering the game we all are attempting to master, some of the fans of the show might really enjoy such a minute breakdown of The Wire.

This blog is godly! And it linked me to wirefans.com, too! I have so much reading ahead of me. Also, if the blog does 2 articles per week and 6 articles per episode, the whole thing will take several (more than three) years. If it gets done, awesome, but I am only expecting to get through season 1, max. Now I know what to do while Iso is down... go re-watch the Wire (again).

Stringer Bell

• Swindler
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2012, 12:34:44 pm »

This blog is godly! And it linked me to wirefans.com, too! I have so much reading ahead of me. Also, if the blog does 2 articles per week and 6 articles per episode, the whole thing will take several (more than three) years. If it gets done, awesome, but I am only expecting to get through season 1, max. Now I know what to do while Iso is down... go re-watch the Wire (again).

I'm hoping that he continues through all five seasons, but I doubt that he actually will. It just seems to be too large a project for one person. I'm doing the same, going to restart the series after the Euros are finished for the day.

DIonized

• Swindler
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2012, 01:37:01 pm »
+3

Still down. Rats! Was I right about the power supply?
Dominion has become an established part of my bar prep routine -- hopefully it's back up by Monday.
Whereas bars are part of my Isotropic prep routine.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2012, 01:55:16 pm »
+1

DominionStrategy and TF2 were the key to my passing the bar.

dougz

• Isotropic Designer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
    • Online Dominion
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »
+31

...and, we're back!

Idirkcalloway

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2012, 03:11:56 pm »

Yea! :) :) :)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2012, 10:34:33 pm »

...and, we're back!
Dougz must have the highest respect per post of the forum.  Is there any way to see how much more?
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

...and, we're back!
Dougz must have the highest respect per post of the forum.  Is there any way to see how much more?
Well, it depends. manda2014 has 8 respect on 1 post. There are probably some others with like 1-2 posts who have more than dougz as well. He only has 25 posts, which is pretty low - one or two really good posts can bump him a lot here. I mean, if you look at Stef and Marin, they're pretty close to him. For someone with a lot more posts and still a really good ratio, check out Donald X.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 06:15:30 am »
+9

Well my respect / post ratio is going down rapidly now that I post here more often.
Espescially if I keep making silly posts like this one, which nobody will respect.
Join the Dominion League!

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 06:36:02 am »

Or will they? I upvoted it because I thought it was funny. :)

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2012, 06:38:09 am »

Come on Lekkit, it's no fun if someone points it out ;)

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
  • Respect: +674
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2012, 06:40:36 am »

Explaining points of jokes are seriously un-fun. Pointing out obviously funny things is not so un-fun, IMO.

Varsinor

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2012, 07:17:44 am »
+2

I didn't upvote it because I thought it was funny, but because I think that Stef's post implied a good argument against the notion of respect per post mattering much.
You can basically only achieve a high respect per post ration if you fine-tune your postings to only make those that are likely to earn you respect (consciously or not). That can hardly be a sensible goal, there are many cases in which you want to make short postings that are unlikely to yield respect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 2.294 seconds with 21 queries.