Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23  All

Author Topic: M133 - FDS on a Plane Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 61548 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M133 - FDS on a Plane Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2020, 04:57:42 pm »

Why is mcmc voting without a reason a problem but faust doing the same isn't?

faust is faust, mcmc is not faust, and mcmc's voting has been the most lazy of votings ever. There's 2 things that can explain this, but one of them is simply that he's scum.

Besides, faust's reason looks more like moving away from gkrieg, mcmc's more sheeping.

This is a strange way to read into those votes.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2020, 04:58:38 pm »

Prod: Galz
I appreciate this. Also

Request prod on mcmc.

It's also been more than 48 hours.

I’m here, I’m reading. I don’t have many thoughts, been awhile and I’m a little rusty. Unvote as I actually think you are towny, I like your responses to some stuff so far. I could join a vote: space

Hmm, yeah, sure, this has even less explanation than your previous vote.

Who wants to vote mcmc with me?

When I voted faust I didn't realize lalight had moved off, I saw that galz had 3 and faust had 2, thought some interesting interactions could come from evening those wagons up at 3/3 look where people went. Nothing much happened, probably because that wagon was actually only me and gkreig.

I also was happy sheeping gkrieg and lalaight who are player when town I tend to trust. Since then Faust has acted as I expect town faust to act and the "wagon" is not helpful for interactions so I unvoted.

Seeing as Faust is reading as towny to me I like his space vote and I feel like Space's vote for didds isn't super valid which is a little scummy.

Why is faust reading townie to you?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 24, 2020, 05:13:01 pm »

For the record, I'm against the Space votes: I reread Space, and what I saw of them was Space!Space with more self-awareness, which is NAI. Given their playstyle, it's also much easier to get scum!Space D2 and on whereas it's easier to misexile them D1. I also disagree with Space's vote on Didds, but it seems like a town!Space thing to do.

You're reading me correctly, which is nice :-) It's actually going to be impossible for you to catch a scum!Space D2 this game, though, because there isn't one to be caught!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2020, 05:17:26 pm »

I guess weren't around in my rather dismal early f.ds mafia career where I got mislynched a lot of times, usually with gkrieg being an enthusiastic participant, but he and I have quite a long history, so it's nice to start this game out cordially :-)

I actually don't think I was behind your misexile(?) as often as I was behind your correct exile, but yes, I made people vote for you often :)

Ah, yes, misexiled! Or I've just been typing "mixiled" because it seems easier :-) Apologies for slipping back into the old terminology there.

Anyway, my point is that I got dead and you were mostly one of the ones to blame pretty much every time :-P

Wow, the original post in which I said this was a total quotefail at the time, and I've only just spotted it. It was meant to be picking out just the bits of conversation between me and gkrieg, which I hope I've gotten right in this reply now...
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2020, 05:23:34 pm »

Seeing as Faust is reading as towny to me I like his space vote and I feel like Space's vote for didds isn't super valid which is a little scummy.

a) Scum!faust will read towny, so is that really alignment indicative at all?

b) Voting for Didds is a totally reasonable gentle-protest-prod to ask her to vote. The sooner we get into wagon stuff, the sooner the game actually really begins, because nothing much beyond RVS is really happening yet.

c) Voting me in some kind of borrowed-omgus response is fine too, but just don't dress my vote up as something scummy when it's not. Galz was voting the actual IC until a few posts ago.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 24, 2020, 05:36:20 pm »

@EFHW We're talking about gkrieg's comment here, and he does respond to faust here by saying "the people who answered for me got it right", which is why answering for other people is bad

I guess I should have been clearer that LaLight got it right. Mainly it breaks down to faust not scumhunting when he is scum, but instead trying to do things to get other people to scumhunt, making him look townie without actually scumhunting.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2020, 05:37:17 pm »

I guess weren't around in my rather dismal early f.ds mafia career where I got mislynched a lot of times, usually with gkrieg being an enthusiastic participant, but he and I have quite a long history, so it's nice to start this game out cordially :-)

I actually don't think I was behind your misexile(?) as often as I was behind your correct exile, but yes, I made people vote for you often :)

Ah, yes, misexiled! Or I've just been typing "mixiled" because it seems easier :-) Apologies for slipping back into the old terminology there.

Anyway, my point is that I got dead and you were mostly one of the ones to blame pretty much every time :-P

Wow, the original post in which I said this was a total quotefail at the time, and I've only just spotted it. It was meant to be picking out just the bits of conversation between me and gkrieg, which I hope I've gotten right in this reply now...

I got what you meant ;)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2020, 08:11:39 pm »

Oh. Unvote lol. Seems my bulletproof case in the IC wasn’t gaining any traction.

Wait, are you now trying to claim that you didn't realize that raptor was the IC when you voted? Because your original post contradicts that:

MiX, why should I believe that you’re not scum this game?

Also, first.

Also, vote: Raptor for being IC. That’s no fun for me at all! (Note to those who don’t know: Twinclaim with Raptor).
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2020, 08:12:13 pm »

@EFHW We're talking about gkrieg's comment here, and he does respond to faust here by saying "the people who answered for me got it right", which is why answering for other people is bad

Unless of course you do it using reasoning that you know is flawed or weak in order to see if the person just hides behind what you said instead of defending or explaining it themselves. It doesn't work when someone else actually offers a stronger explanation of it that they are then able to say "yeah this one is what I meant."

This is a cop-out

vote: dylan
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 24, 2020, 08:13:59 pm »

I guess I should have been clearer that LaLight got it right. Mainly it breaks down to faust not scumhunting when he is scum, but instead trying to do things to get other people to scumhunt, making him look townie without actually scumhunting.

My point was that if you didn't have reasoning (because you were scum and just making things up) then lalight and dylan provided ones for you free of charge, which works against people trying to probe your line of thought to see if its genuine
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 24, 2020, 09:38:05 pm »

Hulk-like flying turkeys! That is about expected this year....  it regardless, good call on the deadline. I wouldn’t have realized until Thursday morning.

Galz, how did the reading and catching up go? Anything to share?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2020, 01:48:40 am »

a) Scum!faust will read towny, so is that really alignment indicative at all?
Yes, what's the point of reads anyway?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2020, 01:50:11 am »

Unless of course you do it using reasoning that you know is flawed or weak in order to see if the person just hides behind what you said instead of defending or explaining it themselves. It doesn't work when someone else actually offers a stronger explanation of it that they are then able to say "yeah this one is what I meant."

This is a cop-out

uhhh tempting...

Alright then Vote: Dylan
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2020, 04:47:59 am »

This is a cop-out

what does it mean?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2020, 04:48:48 am »

I've reread Dylan's post about 6 times now and i don't quite understand

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2020, 05:43:29 am »

This is a cop-out

what does it mean?

It means he did the thing im the first sentence and is accusing you of having done the thing in the second sentence.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2020, 07:24:55 am »

ohhhhhh right

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2020, 08:29:29 am »

Planning to reread today.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2020, 08:37:09 am »

This is a cop-out

what does it mean?

It means he did the thing im the first sentence and is accusing you of having done the thing in the second sentence.
Didn't reread yet, but how is it scummy to answer a question for someone?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2020, 09:03:40 am »

This is a cop-out

what does it mean?

I'd call it "anti-town" though not necessarily scummy. Dylan claiming that he was giving a bad answer on purpose to see if gkrieg would agree seems to me like something that Dylan came up with after the fact and is super scummy
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2020, 02:11:33 pm »

This is a cop-out

what does it mean?

I'd call it "anti-town" though not necessarily scummy. Dylan claiming that he was giving a bad answer on purpose to see if gkrieg would agree seems to me like something that Dylan came up with after the fact and is super scummy

I mean, I can see how that would sound like an after the fact explanation, but it's not. Regardless of whatever (admittedly bad in hindsight) reasoning I had for giving my interpretation, giving the explanation of my actions after the fact is absolutely not something scum!me would have done there. Answering for someone is almost always something that gets pointed out as not good (so why I convinced myself it was a good idea here, I don't really know), but it's literally never used in a serious case against someone after the early phases of D1, so I didn't feel any need to defend myself there, and scum!me would have actively chosen to ignore it and just pretend it didn't happen since everyone would have moved on with nothing more than a "answering for people is bad play." However, I decided to try to explain that I at least had a reason why I tried it, thus ensuring it would end up getting more scrutiny, which is exactly what scum doesn't want.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2020, 04:15:40 pm »

This is interesting.  I didn't get this from your earlier post. But faust is acumhunting.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2020, 04:22:51 pm »

I did my reread. Going to stay with mcmc. Have beginnings of other ideas. Thinking LL, maybe. We'll see.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2020, 04:26:10 pm »

Has everyone undone their RVS votes so we can see where we are?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2020, 04:27:37 pm »

Then if Space is still the largest wagon, I'd love to hear something about how they seem scummy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.293 seconds with 20 queries.