Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23  All

Author Topic: M133 - FDS on a Plane Mafia - Game Over! Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 61601 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M133 - FDS on a Plane Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2020, 09:10:22 am »

Well I mean it wasn't pointless in the sense that it's good to raise awareness for the fact that playing for survival is bad and anti-town and scummy, no matter who you are.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2020, 09:14:30 am »

Galz is probably town I guess. I should vote elsewhere...

Vote: gkrieg

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2020, 09:17:00 am »

What? Based on the fact that he's posted nothing since his opening posts?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2020, 09:21:38 am »

No, based on the fact that his wagon didn't take off.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2020, 09:24:43 am »

Wouldn't the opposite be true?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2020, 09:32:20 am »

I don't think so.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2020, 11:29:39 am »

I feel like I should be offended. What is an "overtly town thing"? Are you calling me a bad town player?

I read that as saying something more like you don’t play like Obvious Towny McTown in such a way that you are above early suspicion. This helps your survival rate since scum isn’t quite as pressured to NK you N1 since they can always try to argue living!faust is scum!faust. This makes you a better town player, because when you’re town, it’s better for you to be alive later in the game rather than out early, generally speaking.
I mean, that is a wrong perception though. I might try to stay alive if I'm some important PR, but otherwise the optimal play is to be as towny as possible, exile as much scum as possible, draw the nightkill as early as possible. Trying to stay alive for the sake of it is anti-town. I really don't think my, or frankly anyone's, town game is so much above the fray that it's better for them to hamper their early game.

as I understand it: you know what is considered townie. when you're town, you don't care, you scumhunt more than try to look town, when you're scum, you're trying to look town and make things most people consider town things. Another vivid examples of people doing exactly that are Awaclus and MiX

Yup, this is exactly what I mean.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2020, 11:31:39 am »

as I understand it: you know what is considered townie. when you're town, you don't care, you scumhunt more than try to look town, when you're scum, you're trying to look town and make things most people consider town things. Another vivid examples of people doing exactly that are Awaclus and MiX
This is all well and nice textual analysis but it's all a bit pointless if gkrieg doesn't answer himself. I am not really interested in further discussing things gkrieg might have meant.

True, but discussing what people might have meant does move the game along and allow people to interact.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2020, 11:33:42 am »

Am I remembering correctly that gkrieg usually scumreads faust (when he isn't scumreading me and vice versa?)?

I would say the four people I'm best at reading is faust, Space, you, and LaLight.

Wanna make a deal? You don't scumread me this game, and I join you in being super-suspicious of faust.

Interesting deal: do you think faust deserves you being super-suspicious of them right now?

O, absolutely! I mean, you were actually there last game to see scum!faust being super-tricksy. I won't trust him as far as I could throw him this game, even if he does turn out to be really townie.

I guess weren't around in my rather dismal early f.ds mafia career where I got mislynched a lot of times, usually with gkrieg being an enthusiastic participant, but he and I have quite a long history, so it's nice to start this game out cordially :-)

I actually don't think I was behind your misexile(?) as often as I was behind your correct exile, but yes, I made people vote for you often :)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2020, 11:39:34 am »

So you're voting for me because you should just vote somewhere else?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2020, 11:40:43 am »

Wouldn't the opposite be true?

I would say that scum don't quickly move to their scum buddies in the early game. A wagon not taking off probably just means that the reason wasn't compelling enough for anyone to jump on, even for scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2020, 01:12:02 pm »

So you're voting for me because you should just vote somewhere else?
Sure, I randomly picked you among the rest of the players so I could put my vote somewhere  ::)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2020, 02:09:17 pm »

This is all well and nice textual analysis but it's all a bit pointless if gkrieg doesn't answer himself. I am not really interested in further discussing things gkrieg might have meant.

True, but discussing what people might have meant does move the game along and allow people to interact.

Putting words into people's mouths is counterproductive to finding out their true intentions though
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2020, 03:12:03 pm »

Vote Count 1.2:

Galzria (2): ADK, XxRaptorSlayer96
faust (2): gkrieg, MCMC
MCMC (2): MiX, EFHW
LaLight (2): Space, Dylan
XxRaptorSlayer96 (1): Galzria
gkrieg (1): faust
Space (1): LaLight

Not Voting (1): WestCoastDidds

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends on November 26th at 5:20pm Forum Time.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2020, 05:11:33 pm »

Interesting deal: do you think faust deserves you being super-suspicious of them right now?

O, absolutely! I mean, you were actually there last game to see scum!faust being super-tricksy. I won't trust him as far as I could throw him this game, even if he does turn out to be really townie.

I guess weren't around in my rather dismal early f.ds mafia career where I got mislynched a lot of times, usually with gkrieg being an enthusiastic participant, but he and I have quite a long history, so it's nice to start this game out cordially :-)

Okay, but why? It feels like you said "yes" very enthusiastically but you didn't give a (good) reason. Is it just because faust is faust then, and nothing about this particular game?

Personally I think it's kinda futile to be suspicious of faust D1. You can keep him in your scumreads, but being suspicious of him isn't going to be very productive.

I'm enthusiastically invoking exactly the reason I explained there, which is that scum!faust played too well in the last game I was in. Honestly, there just isn't enough of this game yet to form any reads!

To be clear, I'm not scumreading faust right now, I'm just declaring that I expect to question his motives a lot.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2020, 05:13:05 pm »

I actually don't think I was behind your misexile(?) as often as I was behind your correct exile, but yes, I made people vote for you often :)

Ah, yes, misexiled! Or I've just been typing "mixiled" because it seems easier :-) Apologies for slipping back into the old terminology there.

Anyway, my point is that I got dead and you were mostly one of the ones to blame pretty much every time :-P
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2020, 05:15:12 pm »

Vote: Didds for not voting yet.

Also, Didds, I keep thinking of you every time I walk up to Port Meadow and it's flooded.. which it is pretty much all the time at the moment, and I go up there a couple of times a week on walks :-P

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 23, 2020, 06:22:20 pm »

I know that I haven’t voted! I did t realize I was the only one, though. I’m still salty about faust being tricksy....I don’t know folks from before well enough to say, and I always think EFHW is scum  as she rarely is. I also tend to think lucky Galz is scummy, but that is often not true, too. My townie list is you, mix, ADK, and LL...but that isn’t much help at all.

I’ll follow the IC if it comes down to it, but there is such a wide spread right now and som any lingering RVSs that I’m not sure it really matters. I’ll work on it!

I think of you often, too...mostly because I could really, really use a thermal bath in Budapest right about now!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 23, 2020, 06:57:22 pm »

Vote: Didds for not voting yet.

Also, Didds, I keep thinking of you every time I walk up to Port Meadow and it's flooded.. which it is pretty much all the time at the moment, and I go up there a couple of times a week on walks :-P

Not voting yet is so in character for town didds though
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 23, 2020, 07:16:12 pm »

I like to be the anti-MiX when it comes to voting....
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2020, 08:01:38 pm »

Putting words into people's mouths is counterproductive to finding out their true intentions though

I can't figure out this conversation. Which comment of gkrieg's are we trying to understand? Why did he chime in without saying what he meant by that comment, whatever it was?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2020, 08:49:08 pm »

@EFHW We're talking about gkrieg's comment here, and he does respond to faust here by saying "the people who answered for me got it right", which is why answering for other people is bad
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2020, 11:33:54 pm »

Thanks. Day 1 is hard, but I  hope we can be done with that topic for a little while now.

I have a question for faust. Did you purposely throw that game where we both town either to switch up or meta or to set the stage for misexiling the next time you were scum?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2020, 01:26:07 am »

Prod: Galz

Vote: Space

To chime in from earlier, I know I will probably not be the an amazing-IC, but... I think I'm pretty amazing and I'm IC so...

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2020, 02:14:00 am »

Thanks. Day 1 is hard, but I  hope we can be done with that topic for a little while now.

I have a question for faust. Did you purposely throw that game where we both town either to switch up or meta or to set the stage for misexiling the next time you were scum?
What? Yikes. I am offended by the suggestion. No, I play to win the game that I'm in, anything else is deeply unfair to the rest of the players and should be banned.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23  All

Page created in 2.634 seconds with 20 queries.