Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267507 times)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1800 on: June 16, 2020, 02:51:28 pm »

Sorry my internet stinks right now because i just moved.

I'd really like these people who think that im scummy to say why.

AND- Faust and Hypercube have the same allignment. so if glooble's informant didnt lie- then I guess they are are both town without inverters and bus drivers.

Unsure why a person with the modified cop ability wouldn't have targeted me. You know, to turn it into a regular cop ability?

i thought getting some info connecting 2 other players would be better and thought scum might alignment invert you more because they would think people would do your plan.

Also- Cop costs 15 and modified cop costs 30. not sure if that supports my idea that at least yams and e thinks getting info from 2 is better.

Wait, did I miss GHS saying he could Cop and chose Modified Cop instead? (modified Cop must be special order power no? Do any of the other claimed cops want to confirm.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Now Open!)
« Reply #1801 on: June 16, 2020, 02:52:57 pm »

It's a surge power:

Surge: Cohesion
Orders that can access this Surge: Willshapers and Stonewards
Role Powers:

Bus Driver: Each night, you may spend 30 spheres of Stormlight to temporarily switch the molecular structure of 2 players. Any actions that would target the first player will instead target the second, and vice versa.

Modified Cop: Each night, you may spend 30 spheres of Stormlight to investigate 2 players. You will be told if they have the same alignment or not.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: June 16, 2020, 02:53:25 pm »

Gloobie, do you have any other info from your source you can tell us? i.e. what is their order, special order power, house, etc? Feels probably safe (?), since we don't know the identity?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: June 16, 2020, 02:53:33 pm »

Wait, did I miss GHS saying he could Cop and chose Modified Cop instead? (modified Cop must be special order power no? Do any of the other claimed cops want to confirm.

He didn't say that.

It's a surge power:

Role Powers:

Bus Driver: Each night, you may spend 30 spheres of Stormlight to temporarily switch the molecular structure of 2 players. Any actions that would target the first player will instead target the second, and vice versa.

Modified Cop: Each night, you may spend 30 spheres of Stormlight to investigate 2 players. You will be told if they have the same alignment or not.

You could at least pretend to need to have the effort to read the situation more than scola's specific words.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: June 16, 2020, 02:55:32 pm »

Gloobie, do you have any other info from your source you can tell us? i.e. what is their order, special order power, house, etc? Feels probably safe (?), since we don't know the identity?

How does that information help us?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: June 16, 2020, 02:56:11 pm »

Also it's super cool that faust and Galzria are just voting for me and not making any sort of a case or explaining why. That's just really awesome and I love it, so keep it up guys.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: June 16, 2020, 02:57:05 pm »

Also it's super cool that faust and Galzria are just voting for me and not making any sort of a case or explaining why. That's just really awesome and I love it, so keep it up guys.

Why shouldn't they be voting for you?

Yes this is a serious question I think you're being today's lynch.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Now Open!)
« Reply #1807 on: June 16, 2020, 02:57:53 pm »

It's a surge power:

Role Powers:

Yeah, missed that it was a surge power of some other order.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: June 16, 2020, 02:58:49 pm »

Why shouldn't they be voting for you?

Yes this is a serious question I think you're being today's lynch.

This coming from the guy with the positive investigative result on him. They shouldn't be voting for me because (A) I'm town (B) I have useful powers and (C) I'm generally a pretty cool guy when you get to know me.

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: June 16, 2020, 02:59:27 pm »

maybe house isn't especially useful. But knowing what orders and powers are in the game are, no? I mean we don't reveal because we don't want anyone to know that we are specifically order X, but if we could let others anonymously know order X is out there. Feels useful to me.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1810 on: June 16, 2020, 03:02:53 pm »

I'm strongly townreading joth and I don't know where this is coming from.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: June 16, 2020, 03:05:07 pm »

I'm on this boat.

I think we should be focusing on GHS and cube today.

Honorable mentions: Dylan, Swowl, Galz, and maybe Jimmmm

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: June 16, 2020, 03:06:55 pm »

Sorry my internet stinks right now because i just moved.

I'd really like these people who think that im scummy to say why.

AND- Faust and Hypercube have the same allignment. so if glooble's informant didnt lie- then I guess they are are both town without inverters and bus drivers.

Unsure why a person with the modified cop ability wouldn't have targeted me. You know, to turn it into a regular cop ability?

vote: GHS "I know these two people's alignments are the same" seems like an easy thing for scum to claim, especially if they're trying to avoid claiming normal cop.

He also avoided voting for EFHW until Rhand moved his vote and it was clear she was going to be lynched.

I dont understand how "easy" means I'm scum.  and why would i avoid a normal cop more than a mod cop?

I'm not sure why you think it was clear she would be lynched? who wouldve voted for her?

I had already expressed that I would be back to vote before the deadline and was willing to vote EFHW for one. Something makes me think there were at least a couple others too.

I was tracking this closely; if I recall correctly it was just you. (publicly; I was also considering it, but really wanted to lynch faust*, so didn't say anything)

* clearly, I've changed my thinking here, at least for now.

Yeah, went back and looked and prior to GHS's vote you're right. Joth said intent to hammer a bit after GHS voted, which is why I thought there was more than just me willing to vote EFHW but not on wagon.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: June 16, 2020, 03:21:43 pm »

It feels good to be appreciated.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: June 16, 2020, 03:22:48 pm »

@faust you thought this post could mean tracker?

I have additional evidence to suggest that faust is town.

Care to reveal or is it better to hold on to for now?

All I can say is there is a player with an investigative power who investigated faust and found him to be town, and said player found a way to transmit that information to me so as to share the result without outing themself. The player could be lying, but I trust them. Faust could have been alignment inverted, but its not terribly likely.
Yes.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: June 16, 2020, 03:24:48 pm »

maybe house isn't especially useful. But knowing what orders and powers are in the game are, no? I mean we don't reveal because we don't want anyone to know that we are specifically order X, but if we could let others anonymously know order X is out there. Feels useful to me.
"I feel it does" is not a very good answer to "how does this help us?"

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 16, 2020, 03:25:42 pm »

I don't know where your townread is coming from either.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 16, 2020, 03:27:47 pm »

I think we should be focusing on GHS and cube today.
The GHS/cube partner theory has a bit of a hole in it: I told hyper I was going to watch him (I lied). If they're partners, I doubt GHS would risk a fakeclaim.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 16, 2020, 03:36:53 pm »

We have a rule about all liars... something we're supposed to do to them ... I'm sure I'll think of it.

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: June 16, 2020, 03:37:16 pm »

I lied

Your point?

We have a rule about all liars... something we're supposed to do to them ... I'm sure I'll think of it.

Lynch all fausts? Why do you want to lynch a cop result?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: June 16, 2020, 03:44:23 pm »

I don't. But I am disappointed when town players lie.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1822 on: June 16, 2020, 03:51:01 pm »

I don't. But I am disappointed when town players lie.

Lying in a private QT with a player you suspect of being scum is a whole different kettle of fish than lying in the main thread.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1823 on: June 16, 2020, 04:01:43 pm »

I don't know where your townread is coming from either.

Well then it appears we are at an impasse.

He/ Him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: June 16, 2020, 04:32:14 pm »

I mean, kind of different right?
If anything it is straight out of the Town!faust play book. He essentially role blocked Cube from doing anything bad, and if they were gonna take a town night action, then whatever, they would do it anyways.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.