Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M126: Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 114463 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M126: It Takes Day Two to Tango
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2020, 02:15:18 pm »

Since we should be in twilight I can wonder out loud, has a real cop ever claimed 1-shot early on in order to share a guilty result and be allowed to live another day?
You're not a real cop
Yeah man, shraeye was the real Cop! The one and only.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 19, 2020, 02:16:08 pm »

Since we should be in twilight I can wonder out loud, has a real cop ever claimed 1-shot early on in order to share a guilty result and be allowed to live another day?
You're not a real cop
Yeah man, shraeye was the real Cop! The one and only.

Well, he did have an innocent result on himself. That's more than dylan for sure!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 19, 2020, 02:35:05 pm »

Hammered yes?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Day One is the Loneliest Day That You'll Ever Know
« Reply #428 on: April 19, 2020, 03:22:53 pm »

Joseph2302 has been lynched! He was a Mafia Goon.

Day Two Final Vote Count

Xxraptorslayer96 (1): scolapasta
LaLight (1): yuma
Joseph2302 (6): MiX, WestCoastDidds, LaLight, Dylan32, ashersky, faust

Not Voting (3): Joseph2302, Xxraptorslayer96, DatSwan

With 11 alive it took 6 to lynch. Night Two begins now and ends at 8 pm forum time April 21st (a little longer night due to my work schedule).
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
Re: Day Three's a Crowd
« Reply #429 on: April 21, 2020, 08:03:29 pm »

Day Three Start

faust was killed in the night! He was a Vanilla Townie.

Vote Count 3.0

Not Voting (9): MiX, Dylan32, WestCoastDidds, Xxraptorslayer96, yuma, ashersky, LaLight, DatSwan, scolapasta

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Day Three begins now and ends at 8 pm forum time April 28th.

THREAD UNLOCKED
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 12:17:31 pm by A Drowned Kernel »
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Day Three's a Crowd
« Reply #430 on: April 21, 2020, 08:09:26 pm »

OK, So my DatSwan - Raptor hypothesis seems to have been proven incorrect. No problem. Still not sure why Raptor didn't hammer Day 1 (did we ever hear from him, but seems pretty clear he's the one to vote for today.

vote: raptor
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 21, 2020, 08:15:30 pm »

Cool. I know I didn't contribute at all, but cool. I am glad Dylan had the result he did cause I probably would have fought all day against the Raptor lynch and probably the Joseph lynch by association. I dont know if I would have been successful in that, but possibly. So good job to Dylan there.

I think actual wagon analysis is still necessary. Raptor certainly looks worse, but I still dont see scum doing what he did. I was about to write more, but did we ever hear from raptor yesterday? I'll wait to say anymore then.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 21, 2020, 08:17:30 pm »

Massclaim, UB says nothing.

I am VT I already softclaimed this anyway. Whoever posts without claiming from now is the same as claiming VT, for obvious reasons.

Dylan and Swan are town. No idea why faust died. Raptor is easily scum, and so is yuma. More thoughts after massclaim.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 21, 2020, 08:20:08 pm »

I'll be the dumb one and ask for the logic of mass claiming but will already say I am all for it cause it is fun. But have a feeling a bunch of people will be up in arms without the math or talking about it forever. Sooo.... VT :)

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 21, 2020, 08:21:38 pm »

I totally understand why I am on the chopping block. It was an honest mistake that I did not hammer on day 1. I really did just loose track of time, i was an hour off of when i thought deadline was. I was not around on open of D2 because it was my IRL bday so wasn't around. I had no problem hammering Joseph, he was not my top but that is not why I didn't hammer.

I honestly rather look at everyone else who wasn't on him end of D1. I understand that some people weren't online, but I feel like I am just the easy scapegoat for scum. I understand that everyone has to to what what they feel is right, but i ask that we at least look at other options before i get lynched.

PPE 3

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 21, 2020, 08:26:04 pm »

I'll be the dumb one and ask for the logic of mass claiming but will already say I am all for it cause it is fun. But have a feeling a bunch of people will be up in arms without the math or talking about it forever. Sooo.... VT :)

It's very simple. A goon flip means we're in 5 or 6 Ts scenario, which means we have a maximum of 1 PR. Since we have a 1-shot cop claim, that's all the PRs possible, which means any more non-UB claims are a counterclaim, and we definitely want those. That's all. We hide the UB because we only need them to claim a day before LyLo, where scum can't claim it safely. When UB claims and etc is complicated, but the massclaim of non-UB isn't.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 21, 2020, 08:28:03 pm »

I am 1- shot doc I have not used my shot.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 21, 2020, 08:29:38 pm »

A goon flip means we're in 5 or 6 Ts scenario, which means we have a maximum of 1 PR.

Can you explain this a little more? I know it has to do with the setup, but I'm not sure I completely get how that works.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 21, 2020, 08:30:57 pm »

Vote: raptor, why didn't you vote dylan?

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 21, 2020, 08:35:06 pm »

what? when?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 21, 2020, 08:40:27 pm »

vote: raptor

i am a vt
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 21, 2020, 08:44:45 pm »

A goon flip means we're in 5 or 6 Ts scenario, which means we have a maximum of 1 PR.

Can you explain this a little more? I know it has to do with the setup, but I'm not sure I completely get how that works.

Okay let's see if I can explain this, maybe I'm wrong lol who knows.

In the setup, the mod rolls 6 letters. So, in theory, we can have any combination of any letters. They can be seperated into T rolls and non-T rolls. T rolls affect scum directly, and essencially means they don't add a PR. Non-T rolls add PRs according to the table (I'm not linking the setup here, but if you want the link just say so). Since a Goon flipped, it means we are in the TTTTTT (6) or TTTTT (5), with a sixth letter. This means we have at most one letter. Now you can look at all the possible letters we can have, and you find out that, other than mason (that replaces UB with mason), we can only have 1 additional PR. Since Dylan claimed 1-shot cop, he's the only claimed PR, which means any other PRs (including the masons) would be counterclaiming him, and thus should claim immediately.

Please ask any questions you may have, this explanation is far from perfect.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 21, 2020, 08:45:07 pm »

It's very simple. A goon flip means we're in 5 or 6 Ts scenario, which means we have a maximum of 1 PR. Since we have a 1-shot cop claim, that's all the PRs possible, which means any more non-UB claims are a counterclaim, and we definitely want those. That's all. We hide the UB because we only need them to claim a day before LyLo, where scum can't claim it safely. When UB claims and etc is complicated, but the massclaim of non-UB isn't.

vote: MiX for scumslip/misdirection.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 21, 2020, 08:45:28 pm »

what? when?

You're caught scum for not reading the setup. I explaned to scola why you're outed, you can go read the setup to find out why.

vote: MiX for scumslip/misdirection.

What???

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 21, 2020, 09:09:40 pm »

Okay but seriously, if I said anything wrong, then I don't know what it is and I would like a clarification. What did I get wrong, if at all, and if so, on what? Just voting me isn't helping anyone.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 21, 2020, 09:14:29 pm »

hold on I need to read - I got shit to say about some of the actions at end of day.

I almost 100% am not going to claim so take that as you will.
real good. That’s how

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 21, 2020, 09:21:16 pm »

Okay but seriously, if I said anything wrong, then I don't know what it is and I would like a clarification. What did I get wrong, if at all, and if so, on what? Just voting me isn't helping anyone.

Need to be AFK for a bit, will expound later.  But, the short version is, you lied in your post, and I think it would be based on scum thinking.  I think you are partners with either Dylan or Raptor.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 21, 2020, 09:24:26 pm »

Need to be AFK for a bit, will expound later.  But, the short version is, you lied in your post, and I think it would be based on scum thinking.  I think you are partners with either Dylan or Raptor.

If the lie is me trusting Dylan's claim, then, sure, I took it as being true. Otherwise I have no idea, but I guess that's how you catch scum? ...Is it about the UB...? I have to admit I didn't think about when the UB claims, but since raptor claimed there's no need to anymore.

I'll sleep on this...

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 21, 2020, 09:27:01 pm »

Okay let's see if I can explain this, maybe I'm wrong lol who knows.

In the setup, the mod rolls 6 letters. So, in theory, we can have any combination of any letters. They can be seperated into T rolls and non-T rolls. T rolls affect scum directly, and essencially means they don't add a PR. Non-T rolls add PRs according to the table (I'm not linking the setup here, but if you want the link just say so). Since a Goon flipped, it means we are in the TTTTTT (6) or TTTTT (5), with a sixth letter. This means we have at most one letter. Now you can look at all the possible letters we can have, and you find out that, other than mason (that replaces UB with mason), we can only have 1 additional PR. Since Dylan claimed 1-shot cop, he's the only claimed PR, which means any other PRs (including the masons) would be counterclaiming him, and thus should claim immediately.

Please ask any questions you may have, this explanation is far from perfect.

So here's the link that explains it:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=10639.msg353797#msg353797

I'd read it before, but was confused. But I *think* I understand hwo you'r explaining it. You're saying that if of the six letters there had been 0-4 T's then there would not have been a generic mafia goon. Meaning it has to have been at least 5 or 6 T, meaning only one other letter could be none T, and in all those cases, there is only 1 PR.

Is that it?

Now I'll reread to see what you may have missed or misdirected. :)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 21, 2020, 09:39:48 pm »

this logic checks out. or at least I did it last night and the 5-6 Ts and all that is true.

Raptor has claimed Doc. Dylan has claimed Cop.
There can be at most 1 Town PR. So Both of these cannot be true. 
There can be at most a skum team of Dead!Goon, Goon, and GF.

We have 9 alive. With this play out of events, over today and tomorrow we essentially (or literally I think) find 1 of the remaining skum. There will be a max of 4 flips in that time.
That puts us, worst case, starting Day 5 with 5 players alive - 1 skum and 4 town.

That means on Day 5 if we lynch incorrectly, it goes to last day on Day 6.
MiX, remember I am town before you drill me on this - Skum in this spot would not isolate themselves as raptor has into that kill pool. They would claim VT. The only exception is if Raptor and Dylan are both skum, Raptor is being coached (so he is probably GF in that scenario)... but either way... skum!Anyone, does not open claim knowing that Dylan is town telling the truth.

Also I 100% do not belive Dylan's claim, I was already digging into it last night.

Haven't read the start of the day, but I am a 1-shot cop and got a guilty result on Joseph. Catching up now.

Vote: Joseph

So... like that is not how a player plays with a result. They read first. I am 100% on team lynch Dylan right now.
Sigh... However... Dylan is not a bad player, and if they were skum they would of known that flipping a goon means that literally any CC makes it Dylan vs the CC. Which is equally as weird of a play as them being town and claiming the result the way they did.

I am confused. One of them has to be skum at a minimum, but I don't get it. In order:
Dylan is skum Raptor is town
Dylan and Raptor are skum
Raptor is skum Dylan is town

real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.