Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226146 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1525 on: April 28, 2020, 10:30:19 pm »

I mean, I've already offered to do it.  So, it would be pretty easy to see if I'm lying.

I won't do it if I'm lynched, duh.

If it happens after the lynch, that could be a reason not to lynch you. I wasn't suggesting you would do it if you were lynched. So when does it take place?
I think I can do it anytime I want.  I submit the order in my personal QT.  Nobody will know what's happening until it happens, and my PM suggests no clues (other than what I'm saying right now obviously) will be left about why the skip happened.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 28, 2020, 10:31:34 pm »

what can his enemy do?
I do not know.  It turns out I was not given a full description of another player in my PM.  I know that sounds absolutely fucking bonkers.  But I guess that's how "hidden role" games work.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 28, 2020, 10:53:49 pm »

So, if I've answered everything to your hearts content, can we actually start talking about scumhunting now???  I'll start.

I think scum definitely wants me lynched here, but also wants a reason to do it.  a built in "of course we had to lynch him because X".  Faust claiming i'm lying and have lied to him is a real easy banner to stand behind. 

But if you think deeply about it, it's a terrible reason to think I'm lying.  faust claimed i was scum from the getgo, before I had even talked to him in his QT.  Based on whatever I said there he doubled down on the fact that I was scum, now because I "lied".  It turns out this lie was him thinking that I should have been informed night 1 because that's the only way a QT with him would open.  Well I didn't get any N1 information, so obviously something went weird between the WCD->shraeye redirect + shraeye not being able to be targeted.  But no, faust knows exactly what's up and he knows lies when he sees them.

So who's standing behind that banner? and, more importantly, who's standing behind it scummily?

Its skip and E.  reasoning incoming.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 28, 2020, 11:26:56 pm »

I know you want to move on, but it's a contradiction that the qt request worked and the block didn't.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 28, 2020, 11:37:06 pm »

Yeah, I'm with EFHW here. The main contradiction is that the QT request with Faust worked even though it was supposed to either fail or be part of what killed you.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: April 28, 2020, 11:39:31 pm »

Skip:

voted for me pre-faust revelation.  Then unvoted when it all went down to reassess:

4/23
12.35, has many questions for me, some for faust; zeros in on the reason faust thinks I'm lying
16.43, doesn't know how fausts version of events makes any more sense than mine
21.46 not comfortable voting for me based on fausts reasons; doesn't know how good fausts reasons are
23.55 tries to see if i've been targeted

4/24
(faust) 00.06 faust says that it's missing N1 info
00.44 wonders what happens with redirections

for the rest of this day mail-mi/Eddie/datswan kick around non-shraeye ideas

4/25
EFHW & Space bring up more questions to me/faust
Then datswan
Then this:
vote: shraeye

I thought shraeye would say stuff and I would read them. No real reason to wait around.
Questions have been asked, shraeye had been V/NA'd, deadline was 6 days away.  Sneaky L-1 with no announcement. This sounds like somebody trying to seal the nail in my coffin BEFORE I get back and can explain myself.

Also, he hadn't given faust any questions whatsoever regarding fausts reasons.  Although he was hesitant to follow faust until reasons are explained, as soon as faust clarifies, skip is 100% in on "shraeye is lying" with no further comment.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 28, 2020, 11:44:12 pm »

I know you want to move on, but it's a contradiction that the qt request worked and the block didn't.

It could be because a QT opened up on a different night than the night I was somehow "targeted".  It could be because the block actually didn't work (I didn't take any actions so can't be "blocked" from having done nothing).  And while that might explain that, I still haven't really gotten an explanation from ash on why anything worked at all.  It seems pretty clear to me that it shouldn't have, but ash assures me that I will agree at then end.  I doubt it, especially if that's what gets me killed.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 29, 2020, 12:01:15 am »

Wait wtf block?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 29, 2020, 12:01:49 am »

Wait wtf block?

Nvm passive ability got it
real good. That’s how

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 29, 2020, 12:04:18 am »

e:

4/23
10.23 high fives faust for his result and votes me (another sneak L-1)
11.01 thinks I just admitted to be lying town
11.04 realizes he missed my explanation both on why I wasn't lying and why i wasn't town (doesn't rethink vote BTW)
13.18 missed the blackmail statement too; realizes he needs to read more carefully (still doesn't unvote)
13.35 reread me; why I'm not voting for Galz if he wasn't survivor (response incoming)
13.37/38 thinks I'm scum now; because skipping a night would be a towny thing to do.
(shraeye) 20.37 explains again that I'm not town and that skipping a night is better for me late game

4/28
04.22 still wants shraeye, but also considers reading someone else (not done yet, though)

Another scenario where his gut reaction is to want me out of the picture, but even when he realizes his reasoning is off, he just shifts goalposts and finds new reasoning to keep thinking the same thing.  His reaction to me trying to clarify things was just a big 5 day break followed by "nah, still feel shraeye".

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 29, 2020, 12:10:16 am »

It was interesting that they kept harping on the fact that Galzria did not claim survivor. What I am confused about is why, if they were so convinced that Galzria was not a survivor, that they weren't voting Galzria?
Missed this earlier.  I wasn't chirping at Galz.  Others (EFHW comes to mind) kept saying "because Galz is survivor he should/would..." and saying something that applies to the SurvivorTM role.  Except those incentives/play didn't apply in Galz's case.  That's what I kept interjecting about.  I didn't think he was scum, and I didn't think he was a threat to me.  So, no vote.

Is THAT worth any response, e?  Or is it still just blinder-city over there?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 29, 2020, 12:24:59 am »

Ok. Lots of content. Going to ponder it.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 29, 2020, 12:26:50 am »

Ok. Lots of content. Going to ponder it.
Might have to wait until other game hits night. Sorry. (Also sorry if I'm not allowed to say this. I'm not exactly clear on the details of that rule. )

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 29, 2020, 02:50:14 am »

That would be a good way to confirm your role.

how does that confirm their role? it confirms that they can do that thing. that is it.
I will give you it does seems to fit nicely into a survivor like role, so there is that... but just saying.
A good way to confirm the role right instead of having us wait another night would be to use that claimed dayvig shot. Which, in a twist that surprises noone, shraeye is refusing to do.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 29, 2020, 07:29:37 am »

how does that confirm their role? it confirms that they can do that thing. that is it.
I will give you it does seems to fit nicely into a survivor like role, so there is that... but just saying.
A good way to confirm the role right instead of having us wait another night would be to use that claimed dayvig shot. Which, in a twist that surprises noone, shraeye is refusing to do.

You want him to use the dayvig?! Who do you think he will choose to target? He won't be looking for scum. Anyway, he says the dayvig only works on his enemy, so unless he aims correctly, the dayvig won't confirm anything.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 29, 2020, 08:39:29 am »

You want him to use the dayvig?! Who do you think he will choose to target? He won't be looking for scum. Anyway, he says the dayvig only works on his enemy, so unless he aims correctly, the dayvig won't confirm anything.
Yes it will, because he said that whether or not he hits his target, we will be informed that he tried to.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 29, 2020, 09:07:33 am »

Yes it will, because he said that whether or not he hits his target, we will be informed that he tried to.
Oh! Forgot that detail, thanks.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 29, 2020, 10:27:58 am »

I'm not using my Last resort.  I already said that.  I'm 100% sure that's why Faust is asking me to do it.

Faust is way more interested in lynching me to justify his own play than he is in listening or understanding.

We'll skip night if nobody is voting for me at the end of day.  Can't convince Faust to back down? Then enjoy night kill(s).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 29, 2020, 10:35:15 am »

I'm not using my Last resort.
Then be ready for me to cut your life into pieces.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 29, 2020, 12:44:59 pm »

I'm not using my Last resort.
Then be ready for me to cut your life into pieces.
I appreciate that reference.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: April 29, 2020, 03:43:33 pm »

I'm not using my Last resort.  I already said that.  I'm 100% sure that's why Faust is asking me to do it.

Faust is way more interested in lynching me to justify his own play than he is in listening or understanding.

We'll skip night if nobody is voting for me at the end of day.  Can't convince Faust to back down? Then enjoy night kill(s).

why would no one have to be voting you? Is that part of the role? do you mean just if not enough people are voting you to lynch you - or like literally... zero people?
real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 29, 2020, 04:19:02 pm »

why would no one have to be voting you? Is that part of the role? do you mean just if not enough people are voting you to lynch you - or like literally... zero people?
He's setting up an excuse for when the night phase doesn't get skipped.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 29, 2020, 07:51:35 pm »

It's my own personal bar, currently set out of frustration at faust

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 29, 2020, 07:52:54 pm »

So, why EFHW?  I'm down with that, because it's not me.  But I think you're gonna get more mileage out of skip.  Possibly e, but skip is my first choice for scum

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 29, 2020, 09:00:27 pm »

Vote Count: 3.8

EFHW (2): uncle, DatSwan
shraeye (3): faust, EFHW, 2.7
uncle (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (3): SpaceAnemone, shraeye, skip

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends at 20:00 on May 1 forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.