Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226288 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1400 on: April 24, 2020, 01:30:16 am »

Vote: EFHW

Your preference is to ignore the Faust/Shraeye conflict?

I mean not to be whatever. But is your's not?

Yeah, I’m partial to ignoring it as well, but I wanted your thought process.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 24, 2020, 01:31:39 am »

Or Eddie. Has he done anything this game except push for EFHW without a case?

I have a case: She is likely scum.

Known it since day 1, and will continue to know it in the future.

Just waiting for you guys to catch up.

Uncleeurope Eddie

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 24, 2020, 01:37:35 am »

Here's a thing to ponder: If shraeye is telling the truth, then he can, instead of skipping the next Night, skip the next Day and proceed to win with a 3-player red scumteam.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 24, 2020, 01:44:05 am »

Waitaminute! What happens if an action is redirected/deflected onto shraeye? @faust, is that what you're saying happened with your action? I feel like according to his claim, it shouldn't affect him?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 24, 2020, 02:15:09 am »

Waitaminute! What happens if an action is redirected/deflected onto shraeye? @faust, is that what you're saying happened with your action? I feel like according to his claim, it shouldn't affect him?
I don't know what happened, only that I targeted Didds and that action ended up affecting shraeye. Of course, he could be lying about everything, and the whole "actions don't affect me" thing is just a way to get town PRs off his back.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 24, 2020, 08:22:25 am »

My thought was that 2 actions targeting him is a really low threshold for dying.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 24, 2020, 08:30:06 am »

Also the enemy thing seems odd. Maybe it's the effect of paraphrasing,  but it's vague and it doesn't seem like there is much point in him knowing about it except for the selective vig. How could he possibly know who to shoot?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 24, 2020, 10:10:12 am »

Or Eddie. Has he done anything this game except push for EFHW without a case?

I have a case: She is likely scum.

Known it since day 1, and will continue to know it in the future.

Just waiting for you guys to catch up.

Great. Do you have any other valuable contribution for this game?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 24, 2020, 01:20:08 pm »

Laaame.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 24, 2020, 01:20:36 pm »

Scum team is shraeye/EFHW/mail-mi by the way. You're welcome.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: April 24, 2020, 02:04:42 pm »

So I'm rereading eddie right now. Here's what I got.

Votes for me early day 1, but then jumps immediately off of me onto EFHW. From there, I don't think he's voted for anyone else this game (I haven't finished rereading to confirm that yet tho).

He got the message from Cayvie I think, he talks about that a little bit on D2

Oh, I was wrong, he does hop on Didds for a bit. Right after that Galz claims, and there's some interactions with that.

Well that is a laughably bad take.

Haha.

See, I’m laughing.

Here’s the deal, I joke more as town than as Scum.

It’s a tell I am not proud of, and am working on (working on it this game, perhaps? Haha) but it is a tell nonetheless.

Although that means less coming from me.

This is post #978. This rubs me the wrong way, especiallly the parenthetical. On the reread, he hasn't been joking very much, so by his own tell it's scummy. And the parenthetical seems like a forced joke from nervousness of being scumread. So those are some big scumpoints for me right there.

Hm... Eddie is pushing EFHW while simultaneously keeping his vote on Didds. He's been kind-of-pushing-EFHW-but-not-really the whole first 2 days. If either one flips scum, the other would be my prime partner suspect.

And thus concludes my reread of Eddie. Leaning slightly scum, but not the strongest feeling or case by any means. ehhh
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 24, 2020, 02:05:24 pm »

i guess it's better than faust or shraeye. vote: eddie

gonna reread EFHW next

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 24, 2020, 02:19:36 pm »

Rereading EFHW

EFHW has a lot of posts with minimal content. Not quite actilurking, but not quite active participation either.

Votes eddie for his misleading post on her. Early fight and vote is almost textbook partner stuff. Maybe it's too obvious, but I can really see an eddie/efhw partnership here.

She puts pubby to L-2 about 12 hours before day end on D1, no other explanation, and right after a post voting for Didds. Could be consolidating votes, but could also be placement on an opportune mislynch. Slight scum.

EFHW was pretty hard on Galz during D2. Probably NIA, though it is a nice place for redscum to be to be distracting people from looking for them.

And thus ends this reread. I'm not super scummy on her either, though I feel like EFHW/Eddie interactions are more likely to be scum-scum than anything else. I'm feeling more scummy on eddie so I'll keep my vote there for now, but more than happy to switch to EFHW once consolidation time comes.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 24, 2020, 04:28:23 pm »

Here's a thing to ponder: If shraeye is telling the truth, then he can, instead of skipping the next Night, skip the next Day and proceed to win with a 3-player red scumteam.

fair. which would probably be anther huge argument in A) skum not having that power, B) they probably survivor, and C) why would they tell us if they were skum and could do that?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 24, 2020, 06:15:00 pm »

Votes for me early day 1, but then jumps immediately off of me onto EFHW. From there, I don't think he's voted for anyone else this game (I haven't finished rereading to confirm that yet tho).

Oh, I was wrong, he does hop on Didds for a bit. Right after that Galz claims, and there's some interactions with that.

Haha.

See, I’m laughing.

It’s a tell I am not proud of, and am working on (working on it this game, perhaps? Haha) but it is a tell nonetheless.

This is post #978. This rubs me the wrong way, especiallly the parenthetical. On the reread, he hasn't been joking very much, so by his own tell it's scummy. And the parenthetical seems like a forced joke from nervousness of being scumread. So those are some big scumpoints for me right there.

Hm... Eddie is pushing EFHW while simultaneously keeping his vote on Didds. He's been kind-of-pushing-EFHW-but-not-really the whole first 2 days. If either one flips scum, the other would be my prime partner suspect.

And thus concludes my reread of Eddie. Leaning slightly scum, but not the strongest feeling or case by any means. ehhh

Did I really vote for you day 1?

Are you bad?

Most of my day 1 reads are accurate in general, that’s my strongest time in the game. That’s my primary reason for continually pushing EFHW. It was my strongest scum read. (I had many strong town reads, like MiX and Pubby, for examples of dead town reads. I will keep the living day 1 town reads to myself.)

It slipped my mind this time around that I had voted for you. That is definitely helpful information.

Back to you, though, do you have any strong reads? Most of your reads are coupled with a disclaimer at the end which waters them down a touch more than the post would suggest.

If I am your strongest scum read, and you don’t like it, then who is scum?

Uncleeurope Eddie

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 24, 2020, 06:36:09 pm »

Haha.

See, I’m laughing.

Did I really vote for you day 1?

Are you bad?

Most of my day 1 reads are accurate in general, that’s my strongest time in the game. That’s my primary reason for continually pushing EFHW. It was my strongest scum read. (I had many strong town reads, like MiX and Pubby, for examples of dead town reads. I will keep the living day 1 town reads to myself.)

It slipped my mind this time around that I had voted for you. That is definitely helpful information.

Back to you, though, do you have any strong reads? Most of your reads are coupled with a disclaimer at the end which waters them down a touch more than the post would suggest.

If I am your strongest scum read, and you don’t like it, then who is scum?

Well, the strongest scumreads I've had this game is MiX and Faust, who have both turned out to be town, so I'm hesitant to say any reads that I have that are super strong. My strongest are probably you and EFHW at this point, which is why I did the rereads, which confirmed my reads.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 24, 2020, 07:32:59 pm »

fair. which would probably be anther huge argument in A) skum not having that power, B) they probably survivor, and C) why would they tell us if they were skum and could do that?
Yeah, well... maybe it's a lie.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 24, 2020, 08:13:22 pm »

Yeah, well... maybe it's a lie.

Well if you think that then... the concern shouldn’t exist?
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 24, 2020, 11:06:45 pm »

[quote from Eddie]Back to you, though, do you have any strong reads? Most of your reads are coupled with a disclaimer at the end which waters them down a touch more than the post would suggest[/quote]

I really agree with this. mail-mi has been hedging all game. And the Eddie/me partner theory has no substance to it.

I think Eddie is probably town,  unfortunately.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 24, 2020, 11:08:21 pm »

But we still have some unanswered questions for Shraeye/faust. People trying to move us away from it look bad, imo.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 24, 2020, 11:13:14 pm »

those are seperate statements.

For example -
you have questions that should be answered by faust and Shraeye. I agree with you.
I also think that we are wasting time looking into a duo that is likely to not contain a source of skum.
If you think what I think, then help. If you don't think what I think - don't allow time to be wasted, make a case.

You stating other people are skummy for attempting to move conversation is a little out there. We can all walk and chew gum at the same time I think.
real good. That’s how

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 25, 2020, 01:36:38 am »

Vote Count: 3.3

EFHW (2): uncle, DatSwan
shraeye (3): faust, EFHW, 2.7
uncle (1): mail-mi

Not Voting (3): SpaceAnemone, shraeye, skip

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends at 20:00 on May 1 forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 25, 2020, 05:17:01 am »

those are seperate statements.

For example -
you have questions that should be answered by faust and Shraeye. I agree with you.
I also think that we are wasting time looking into a duo that is likely to not contain a source of skum.
If you think what I think, then help. If you don't think what I think - don't allow time to be wasted, make a case.

You stating other people are skummy for attempting to move conversation is a little out there. We can all walk and chew gum at the same time I think.

If you believe Shraeye, then sure, I guess. There are some strange things in his story, so it does seem odd to me that people want to move away already. Maybe we can do both,  but it looks like deflection to me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 25, 2020, 05:23:37 am »

What do you think and how could I help?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 25, 2020, 08:33:50 am »

Scum team is shraeye/EFHW/mail-mi by the way. You're welcome.

To what extent do you feel it's possible for each of these three players to be Survivor/SK/Other!Baddie, rather than working in concert as a faction?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 16 queries.