Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226141 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #575 on: April 10, 2020, 02:44:09 pm »

cayvie, still thinking EFHW is scummy because she's alive?

i think she's scummy because i suspect she was bus driven with MiX.

i think if there's a scum busdriver, they're likely to switch town and scum. and MiX was town.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 10, 2020, 03:06:30 pm »

Vote: EFHW
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 10, 2020, 04:25:42 pm »

So are you asking me a question, or are you making a point?

Neither, I was throwing shade.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 10, 2020, 04:37:30 pm »

I am not responsible for either death last night.

Also note the different flavors for the kills. One says "shot and killed", and the other just "killed". Uh, and cayvie has a gun...

yep, and i shot EFHW last night. and it was confirmed to me that i hit my target. so that's why i'm suspecting bus driving.

These don't seem to line up.

Which is it? You think you were redirected/bus drove/whatever onto MiX or you think that you were not responsible for either death?

yeah i put 2 and 2 together after i posted the first one. it's very possible that MiX was shot by my gun. in fact i think it likely. i mean, someone was.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 10, 2020, 04:38:47 pm »

Well, well. The plot thickens. We should keep in mind though that there are things other than Bus Driving that can redirect powers.
What are you thinking of?
Well, Redirector, Deflector, Lightnight Rod, Nexus, to name a few. And also this is an ashersky game so it could be a variant on any of them.

and yet of those options i am confident it was busdriver. i guess it could be deflector. i'm not sure that's any less scummy.

the other thing i was thinking was some action that just randomized everyone's targets tonight, but i put that at substantially less likely.

she/her

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 10, 2020, 05:33:07 pm »

i think if there's a scum busdriver, they're likely to switch town and scum. and MiX was town.

I mean, I think it is more likely in this order (under the assumption that you are actually town):

1) You were re directed by skum in some way. like as in a role where they get to target you and then a new target. I think that is just re director but not sure. That is just because you had the claimed vig shot. So they could pick you and another town and if you fire it is like defense off of you possibly hitting any of them.

2) Bus driver could be an option. But I do not think that really paints EFHW as so skummy. Or at least not any more than not skummy. I think skum bus driver there could either put it off of efhw onto town or it could be skum bus driver from town to town just to attempt to mess with stuff.

3) town bus driver

4) other stuff

Questions:
a) Does anyone have any info regarding the other death?
b) Cayvie - you originally said you have a 25% chance of killing the target. Is that correct? Or is it 50% chance to hit and then if hit 50% chance to kill (I get that is 25%, but it could make a difference)?
c) EFHW - did you get anything from the 75% loud modifier?
d) If skum-x targets town-x with a NK, then skum bus driver switches town-x with town-y... then town-tracker tracks skum-x... what result does tracker get? the original target or the target the bus driver switched to?

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 10, 2020, 05:40:55 pm »

I mean, I think it is more likely in this order (under the assumption that you are actually town):

1) You were re directed by skum in some way. like as in a role where they get to target you and then a new target. I think that is just re director but not sure. That is just because you had the claimed vig shot. So they could pick you and another town and if you fire it is like defense off of you possibly hitting any of them.

2) Bus driver could be an option. But I do not think that really paints EFHW as so skummy. Or at least not any more than not skummy. I think skum bus driver there could either put it off of efhw onto town or it could be skum bus driver from town to town just to attempt to mess with stuff.

3) town bus driver

4) other stuff

Questions:
b) Cayvie - you originally said you have a 25% chance of killing the target. Is that correct? Or is it 50% chance to hit and then if hit 50% chance to kill (I get that is 25%, but it could make a difference)?
d) If skum-x targets town-x with a NK, then skum bus driver switches town-x with town-y... then town-tracker tracks skum-x... what result does tracker get? the original target or the target the bus driver switched to?

i think it is a less than 1% chance that i was redirected. a bus driver is far more likely.

b: it is the second. 50% to hit, then 50% to kill. and i guess i find out if i hit but not necessarily if i killed (didn't know that before last night)

she/her

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 10, 2020, 07:22:29 pm »

c) no message

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 10, 2020, 07:45:15 pm »

c) no message

Not sure if you'd be willing to claim this, but are you a Nexus?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 10, 2020, 09:07:51 pm »

No.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #585 on: April 10, 2020, 09:10:20 pm »

Vote Count 2.1:

EFHW (4): Galzria, mail-mi, cayvie, uncle
Galzria (2): faust, EFHW

Not Voting (12): 2.7, SpaceAnemone, WCD, Datswan, shraeye, skip wooznum

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 2 ends on April 19 at 21:30 forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 11, 2020, 12:03:57 am »

What's the difference between bus driver and redirector?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 11, 2020, 12:08:55 am »

*If I understand it correctly*

RD - Pick Player A, Pick Player B. Any actions Player A takes now target to Player B.

Bus Driver - Pick Player A, Pick Player B. Anything Player A was targeted with now targets Player B instead.

So, the distinction is taking someone you that is TAKING AN ACTION and forcing them to target someone else, vs taking someone who is TARGETED BY AN ACTION and forcing that action onto someone else. I think at least.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 11, 2020, 12:10:08 am »

3) town bus driver

4) other stuff

Questions:

i think it is a less than 1% chance that i was redirected. a bus driver is far more likely.

b: it is the second. 50% to hit, then 50% to kill. and i guess i find out if i hit but not necessarily if i killed (didn't know that before last night)

Is there a reason you think it is so unlikely you were not targeted by a re director? I could be missing something, but I feel as if you would of been a prime target for a skum RD after you claimed what you did.
real good. That’s how

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 11, 2020, 12:17:39 am »

Got it, yeah, given cayvies claim scum, redirector and bus driver seem equalky incentivized to target her.  I could see a town redirector thinking they could target her to "control" her shot.  A mix of hedging bets in case she's scum and arrogantly thinking their reads are better than anyone elses (we don't have any players like that....arrogant shraeye says)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 11, 2020, 12:55:02 am »

RD - Pick Player A, Pick Player B. Any actions Player A takes now target to Player B.

Bus Driver - Pick Player A, Pick Player B. Anything Player A was targeted with now targets Player B instead.

So, the distinction is taking someone you that is TAKING AN ACTION and forcing them to target someone else, vs taking someone who is TARGETED BY AN ACTION and forcing that action onto someone else. I think at least.

Whenever I mod with a bus driver, it's worked like if you busdrive A and B, all actions player A takes target player B and all actions B takes targets player A.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 11, 2020, 12:56:54 am »

Whenever I mod with a bus driver, it's worked like if you busdrive A and B, all actions player A takes target player B and all actions B takes targets player A.

i am using Bus Driver to refer to "all actions that would target A target B instead and vice versa"

Is there a reason you think it is so unlikely you were not targeted by a re director? I could be missing something, but I feel as if you would of been a prime target for a skum RD after you claimed what you did.

yes, there is a reason. i took more than one targeted action last night.

she/her

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 11, 2020, 01:17:25 am »

i am using Bus Driver to refer to "all actions that would target A target B instead and vice versa"

So if bus driver is swapping then i get it. I still think re director is a likely candidate. What am i missing on that? Am i just being dumb?
Skum A shoots someone.
You target efoo
Skum B RDs your shot to the other death.
Why is that not plausible?
real good. That’s how

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 11, 2020, 01:25:50 am »

So if bus driver is swapping then i get it. I still think re director is a likely candidate. What am i missing on that? Am i just being dumb?
Skum A shoots someone.
You target efoo
Skum B RDs your shot to the other death.
Why is that not plausible?

because presumably if a redirector gave the order "redirect cayvie to MiX", then *all* my actions would target MiX. which didn't happen.

she/her

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 11, 2020, 02:08:14 am »

because presumably if a redirector gave the order "redirect cayvie to MiX", then *all* my actions would target MiX. which didn't happen.

That does make your specific bus driver theory much more likely
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 11, 2020, 02:31:48 am »

That does make your specific bus driver theory much more likely

Did anyone else target EFHW/MiX? Could potentially confirm cayvie's claim
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 11, 2020, 02:33:09 am »

cayvie: Can you confirm that your kill would show up flavored as "shot and killed"?

EFHW: What is your read on cayvie?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 11, 2020, 02:39:03 am »

Also, I reread faust for a case on Galzria.

There is none.

But it is an entertaining read. faust is having fun with this game, I like it. D2 pass for sure.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 11, 2020, 03:40:25 am »

Reread Galzria myself, and I can see the votes.

Scummary to get into the game D1. Overreacting to votes against him.

I can sheep faust

Vote: Galzria

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 11, 2020, 04:12:00 am »

cayvie: Can you confirm that your kill would show up flavored as "shot and killed"?

EFHW: What is your read on cayvie?

paraphrasing, i'm told that if i hit my target, the opening day flavor will say they were shot, whether or not i killed them.

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 16 queries.