Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67  All

Author Topic: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia- Game Over, Everyone Loses!  (Read 172897 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day Three)
« Reply #1025 on: November 26, 2019, 10:39:26 am »

(I’ll vote Space if you will)

Pubby is also rising to be a contender for a lynch for me.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 26, 2019, 11:00:15 am »

Found this; thanks DatSwan.  Wanted to repost it to get more eyes on it.

Bright, what are your thoughts on DatSwan's discard vs. pick decision?

And have we given up on wondering why Space discarded IC??

No, we didn't. I twice tried to get this wagon started. And I still want to.

vote: Space
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 26, 2019, 11:05:40 am »

Admittedly it has more to do with my shock about not being voting right now, but I think raerae is coming off townier from their exchange.

Despite my terrible post count, I've been reading along and I'll try to help us get a lynch through. You'd think that tomorrow we'd start to get some conflicting claims flying and lynching scum should get easier for us, so I'm not feeling so terrible about a no lynch though.

I think the game is too big and the factions are too multiple for wagon analysis or really reading of any kind. I'm just trying to not have the players I find towny lynched, and wait for the field clear a bit and the night actions starting to emerge so the picture becomes a little less murky. If we are not endgamed before that.
Did you think you were voting? 

I'm not sure what wagon analysis people are hoping for; I tracked some of Glooble's votes (and people voting with him).  Pubby looks a little worse there; Also on joth with glooble at VC 1.1, also on sudgy with Glooble up until the end of day.  I think it's safe guess that sudgy was the werewolf kill; I vaguely recall people discussing/asking about that but nobody really analyzing deaths all that much.

Want to dive into the death angle anyone?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 26, 2019, 11:06:01 am »

Huh, PPE says Uncle is also suspicious of pubby.  General reasons, or specific reasons?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 26, 2019, 11:09:04 am »

Admittedly it has more to do with my shock about not being voting right now, but I think raerae is coming off townier from their exchange.

Despite my terrible post count, I've been reading along and I'll try to help us get a lynch through. You'd think that tomorrow we'd start to get some conflicting claims flying and lynching scum should get easier for us, so I'm not feeling so terrible about a no lynch though.

I think the game is too big and the factions are too multiple for wagon analysis or really reading of any kind. I'm just trying to not have the players I find towny lynched, and wait for the field clear a bit and the night actions starting to emerge so the picture becomes a little less murky. If we are not endgamed before that.
Did you think you were voting? 

I'm not sure what wagon analysis people are hoping for; I tracked some of Glooble's votes (and people voting with him).  Pubby looks a little worse there; Also on joth with glooble at VC 1.1, also on sudgy with Glooble up until the end of day.  I think it's safe guess that sudgy was the werewolf kill; I vaguely recall people discussing/asking about that but nobody really analyzing deaths all that much.

Want to dive into the death angle anyone?

Bright said they killed sudgy, if I am not mistaken

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 26, 2019, 11:16:17 am »

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 26, 2019, 11:19:20 am »

so, I also thought a lot about PGO. I mean it's not very likely so many people were targeting the same person, but it could happen.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 26, 2019, 11:20:16 am »

there's also the Werewolf PGO, so that's why they never claimed.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 26, 2019, 11:48:29 am »

I could join Space, discarding IC is still pretty suspicious.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 26, 2019, 12:11:56 pm »

Huh, PPE says Uncle is also suspicious of pubby.  General reasons, or specific reasons?

Ditched an invest role and also is severely lacking in his normal bizarre hints at what his role does.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: November 26, 2019, 12:38:12 pm »

Agreed, Vote: Space
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 26, 2019, 02:02:57 pm »

Wait, really??

Okay, yup here it is:
sudgy has been killed! He was a Town Conspiracy Theorist!
This was me. I'm a One-shot Vigilante. Pls reload.

If that's really true, then why did Bright then not even remember to (or mention that he was going to) constrain the game states he was considering to contain at least on vig? For a strong numbers person, you've got to admit, it's a bit weird that it took me prompting him about the low SK numbers to get him to revise his script.

And then when we were looking at the numbers yesterday, he didn't even say "but if we had an alien, a WW, a mafia and the one-shot vig, then there's no need to account for an SK kill". I feel like that would have been a superbly useful piece of info to have thrown into the discussion at that point! I mean, it's possible there's an SK and no real mafia faction, but that seems incredibly unlikely. Alternatively, if he thought I was remembering about the vig thing, why wasn't he calling me on that yesterday?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 26, 2019, 02:09:03 pm »

What I actually said when I got my role pick was that I wanted both roles I was offered.. but I had to pick one! I swung the way I did not because it was the most definitely pro-town thing possible, but because it seemed like the role I'd like to play more, given my own preferences. I really didn't come into this game expecting it to be serious! Obviously, I'm catching up now to the seriousness of my decision, but I'm stuck with what past!me took all of 20 seconds deciding over.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 26, 2019, 05:15:40 pm »

Wait, really??

Okay, yup here it is:
sudgy has been killed! He was a Town Conspiracy Theorist!
This was me. I'm a One-shot Vigilante. Pls reload.

If that's really true, then why did Bright then not even remember to (or mention that he was going to) constrain the game states he was considering to contain at least on vig? For a strong numbers person, you've got to admit, it's a bit weird that it took me prompting him about the low SK numbers to get him to revise his script.

And then when we were looking at the numbers yesterday, he didn't even say "but if we had an alien, a WW, a mafia and the one-shot vig, then there's no need to account for an SK kill". I feel like that would have been a superbly useful piece of info to have thrown into the discussion at that point! I mean, it's possible there's an SK and no real mafia faction, but that seems incredibly unlikely. Alternatively, if he thought I was remembering about the vig thing, why wasn't he calling me on that yesterday?

These are good points. Space tends to be good at catching scumslips like this. vote: Bright

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 26, 2019, 05:17:37 pm »

Wait, why aren't you voting Brightgalrs, Space?

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 26, 2019, 05:18:13 pm »

Vote Bright with me!!
Can I persuade you to rejustify your vote on me? Your previous justification was torpedoed by Kernel themself:
That leads me to believe that the person I picked just might could be your partner and you're trying to clear them so they can claim.  I think I'm cool with this.

Vote: Brightglars
Would the Town Nymphomaniac’s target know they’ve fallen in love?

No
These quotes are incompatible with each other.

That is not a town trait. What do you make of him coming after both DatSwan and I for the simple fact of being vanilla?
It's called asking questions, getting people to clarify suspicious behavior. If you can't bear that then Mafia isn't your game. I assume you mean because you discarded Vanilla Townie. That's a bit reductive., isn't it? You picked Nymphomaniac over Vanilla Townie, suspicious. And then became resistive to the idea of either you telling us who the Lover was, or having the Lover come forward independently, suspicious again.

It sucks with hindsight, two doctors dying Night 1 would've made Nurse really good.
But it also sucks without hindsight. It puts the game back into night for more night kills. Basically you've lost the moment your ability becomes useful. But it's also an active role, you can wait and see if it might be useful, as opposed to the Nurse where you just wait and you may or may not become useful. So I dunno, it's kinda believable.

If that's really true, then why did Bright then not even remember to (or mention that he was going to) constrain the game states he was considering to contain at least on vig?
Because what's factual for me isn't factual for you. But yeah, it's bad.

I mean, it's possible there's an SK and no real mafia faction, but that seems incredibly unlikely.
Where have you been? I think everyone here has suspected a SK since Night 1.
Doubt only comes in when you suspect faust was lying about their faction not using their kill on Night 1. I'm inclined to believe that they didn't, seeing as they had(have?) a single kill for the whole game, and multiple players that can ensure it will be used. Plenty of time to figure out who to use it on.

Alternatively, if he thought I was remembering about the vig thing, why wasn't he calling me on that yesterday?
When was this? Are we talking about Day 2 or Nov 25?

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 26, 2019, 05:25:15 pm »

Didn't want to bring too much attention to it, but this:
I don’t think we should be voting for bright right now. I have reasons to believe that he is town. (I’m not 100% sure, but you know).

Meanwhile, I’ll join the vote: space wagon right now. Not a final vote but a good place for now.
All of this is an attempt to get mail-mi to claim.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 26, 2019, 05:41:09 pm »

Nah, mailmi don't need to claim

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 26, 2019, 07:35:50 pm »

Nah, mailmi don't need to claim
My point is Space and EFHW's suspicion of me is weird.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 26, 2019, 07:59:42 pm »

Didn't want to bring too much attention to it, but this:
I don’t think we should be voting for bright right now. I have reasons to believe that he is town. (I’m not 100% sure, but you know).

Meanwhile, I’ll join the vote: space wagon right now. Not a final vote but a good place for now.
All of this is an attempt to get mail-mi to claim.

Thanks but no thanks. Later maybe.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 26, 2019, 09:47:53 pm »

Vote Bright with me!!
Can I persuade you to rejustify your vote on me? Your previous justification was torpedoed by Kernel themself:

No, because this only proves it wasn't mod-confirmed which was never my suspicion.

That is not a town trait. What do you make of him coming after both DatSwan and I for the simple fact of being vanilla?
It's called asking questions, getting people to clarify suspicious behavior. If you can't bear that then Mafia isn't your game. I assume you mean because you discarded Vanilla Townie. That's a bit reductive., isn't it? You picked Nymphomaniac over Vanilla Townie, suspicious. And then became resistive to the idea of either you telling us who the Lover was, or having the Lover come forward independently, suspicious again.

Don't question how much I enjoy this game or insinuate I should stop playing again.

I said pushing town forward isn't a town trait because I did it as scum in the game that just closed.  My entire was point was giving towncred for activity is a mistake.

As shraeye pointed out, you and I picked the same role, we're both ensuring somebody dies based on our own reads.  So my pick isn't anymore suspicious than yours. 

I never said the person I picked couldn't come forward, if they know who they are then they certainly may if they decide that's right for them.  I don't see any reason to tell anybody who I picked because it isn't the right time to share that info and I'm allllllllll sorts of stubborn.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 26, 2019, 09:54:23 pm »

The acum narrative for Bright is that vig was a fakeclaim, as evidenced by his not including a confirmed vig in his analyses. I'm trusting Space here that he did in fact leave vig out.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 26, 2019, 09:57:07 pm »

I was taking Bright's scumhunting as towny, but then I realized that this is multiball and it is very easy to look towny as scum when there are other factions running around.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 26, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »

The acum narrative for Bright is that vig was a fakeclaim, as evidenced by his not including a confirmed vig in his analyses. I'm trusting Space here that he did in fact leave vig out.
But I agree with how he did his analysis.  Only taking as assumptions the universal/uncontestable knowledge.  He should know more himself, but to present us with those numbers assumes that we all believe him. 

I do believe his claim; but I'm still worried he's more focused on rooting out "weird" things than scummy things.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 26, 2019, 11:17:23 pm »

we are so not going to get into the whole "including yourself in a reads list" thing again. pretty pretty please - my mind brain will explode.

Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67  All

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 16 queries.