Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297095 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1400 on: February 10, 2019, 04:06:23 pm »

I don't quite get the reluctance to vote for mail-mi. I certainly get that university can be a lot of work, but no-one is arguing that we should lynch mail-mi for lack of activity. The case didn't even mention that.
It's just not happening today.  Go crazy tomorrow when I'm dead. Whatever you want.  But I officially redirect this discussion

*redirection intensifies*

*redirection sound comes to a screeching halt*

why why WHY? Lynching a scum TODAY is pretty important. I think ari and mail-mi have significantly better chances of being scum than DatSwan, and far more than EFHW. I'm not just going to go along with you and take mail-mi off the table when the reason doesn't seem to make any sense and isn't even about his alignment.

DS specifically said he would lynch me for information.  That seems pretty damn scummy to me considering we've got three town dead and presumably will have another after tonight.  The time for lynching for info has passed, don't you think?

I said you were the defn of my “lynch for info” lynch. I never have pushed a vote on you today nor did i try to start your wagon. I simply pointed out reads.

Naw, you said I wasn't your preference but you didn't take me off the table. I'll pull the quote when we get home.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: February 10, 2019, 04:07:25 pm »

I currently disagree with some of shraeye's reads. I think debatepro is an excellent lynch for today. I would move datswan up into the lynch pool, but he's a lower priority.
DatSwan is in the lynch pool.
I meant I would move him up into my lynch pool, not the town lynch pool.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: February 10, 2019, 04:21:48 pm »

I said you were the defn of my “lynch for info” lynch. I never have pushed a vote on you today nor did i try to start your wagon. I simply pointed out reads.

I hate to say it, but calling somebody a "lynch for info" lynch sounds exactly like "I would lynch this person" to me.  If you think there's a difference, you used the wrong words.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: February 10, 2019, 04:22:22 pm »

Wait a second, what?

When?

If you're "certain" of somebody, you definitely don't put them third in your list of preferred lynches.
I'm wary of sheeping faust this game, because I'm not townreading him. But his case on mail-mi strikes me as really strong. Surprisingly strong particularly given how few posts mail-mi has. I'll hold off on voting until I spend some more time, but for now it's enough to bump him close to ari level of scumminess.

@Swan and Eddie, you posted after it, what's your verdict?

Mail-mi is scummy, that much I am certain of, and Faust’s case really summarizes why I have that opinion very well.  If anything it made me push Mail-mi up a bit in priority.

In other news: I also might be insane, but I am starting to switch my opinion on DatSwan. He (and Faust, really) have just been speaking exactly my thoughts on certain people today. I think that it would be wise to lynch one of Arishipshape, EFHW, Mail-mi, or Joseph today. Possibly in that order of priority... I think, anyway.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: February 10, 2019, 04:22:45 pm »

Wait, if you are referring to this:

I'm game for DatSwan lynch.

Vote: Uncleeurope
Why not DatSwan?

Specifically this (bolding is mine):
I'm wary of sheeping faust this game, because I'm not townreading him. But his case on mail-mi strikes me as really strong. Surprisingly strong particularly given how few posts mail-mi has. I'll hold off on voting until I spend some more time, but for now it's enough to bump him close to ari level of scumminess.

@Swan and Eddie, you posted after it, what's your verdict?

Mail-mi is scummy, that much I am certain of, and Faust’s case really summarizes why I have that opinion very well.  If anything it made me push Mail-mi up a bit in priority.

In other news: I also might be insane, but I am starting to switch my opinion on DatSwan. He (and Faust, really) have just been speaking exactly my thoughts on certain people today. I think that it would be wise to lynch one of Arishipshape, EFHW, Mail-mi, or Joseph today. Possibly in that order of priority... I think, anyway.

Generally: what shraeye said

What I said was that mail-mi was scummy, not that he was scum. I even say right after that that I moved him up “a bit,” which is a much weaker stance than if I had really meant that I had caught one. I would hope that scum!me could keep his story straight enough to focus on mail-mi after sayin I was certain he was scum.

I think that my other reads are still candidates for lynches.

Of course now I can’t get the image out of my head of a whole bunch of scum cackling about #notmailmi

But I would still prefer a Ari lynch today hence my vote remaining there.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: February 10, 2019, 04:24:48 pm »

I don't quite get the reluctance to vote for mail-mi. I certainly get that university can be a lot of work, but no-one is arguing that we should lynch mail-mi for lack of activity. The case didn't even mention that.
It's just not happening today.  Go crazy tomorrow when I'm dead. Whatever you want.  But I officially redirect this discussion

why why WHY? Lynching a scum TODAY is pretty important. I think ari and mail-mi have significantly better chances of being scum than DatSwan, and far more than EFHW. I'm not just going to go along with you and take mail-mi off the table when the reason doesn't seem to make any sense and isn't even about his alignment.

DS specifically said he would lynch me for information.  That seems pretty damn scummy to me considering we've got three town dead and presumably will have another after tonight.  The time for lynching for info has passed, don't you think?

Naw, you said I wasn't your preference but you didn't take me off the table. I'll pull the quote when we get home.

Right this is accurate - but as i am literally the only person finding you likely at all to be skum, if i am not pushing your lynch.... how is this skummy? Your point was something like it is skummy bc it keeps my options open... open to what? Lynching you isn’t happening today - so yeah don’t think it is skummy as much as you just don’t like it.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: February 10, 2019, 04:26:34 pm »

RaeRae - Agree in the sense that I am torn. They currently sit as my "lynch for info" player. And as I have not pushed it at all today, I hope I will be believed when I say I really never wanted their lynch today.

This sounds more like "somebody else bring it up" than "definitely don't want this" to me.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: February 10, 2019, 04:28:22 pm »

Right this is accurate - but as i am literally the only person finding you likely at all to be skum, if i am not pushing your lynch.... how is this skummy? Your point was something like it is skummy bc it keeps my options open... open to what? Lynching you isn’t happening today - so yeah don’t think it is skummy as much as you just don’t like it.

You are so far from the only person finding me scummy.  faust and Joseph certainly do.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: February 10, 2019, 04:35:57 pm »

What I said was that mail-mi was scummy, not that he was scum. I even say right after that that I moved him up “a bit,” which is a much weaker stance than if I had really meant that I had caught one. I would hope that scum!me could keep his story straight enough to focus on mail-mi after sayin I was certain he was scum.

Of course now I can’t get the image out of my head of a whole bunch of scum cackling about #notmailmi

@EFHW, thoughts and feelings on this defense?

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: February 10, 2019, 05:04:42 pm »

@Joseph - Why did you vote for me in #930? What is your current town-to-scum read on me, ss, ari, mail-me, and eddie? Curious, because I don't see you mention any of them but me in day 2 and it could be helpful for town.

These questions are perhaps more relevant now, Joseph can you give us some info?
FNG

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: February 10, 2019, 05:25:06 pm »

I hate to say it, but calling somebody a "lynch for info" lynch sounds exactly like "I would lynch this person" to me.  If you think there's a difference, you used the wrong words.

The distinction is that while i may have used the wrong words, and/or while it may be skummy to say “i will lynch someone for info”... that is only if that’s the only reason. I have been going back and forth with Rae all day - i have given reasons other than “just for info”. I could of votes Rae prior to saying the info thing and no one would of batted an eye. Which is one of the things i want to address in regards to people twisting my words. The above thought process is not exactly complicated to follow - people are trying to make me look skummy by taking an isolated line out of context that is generally considered a skummy thing to say and fixating on it.
real good. That’s how

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: February 10, 2019, 05:33:22 pm »

The distinction is that while i may have used the wrong words, and/or while it may be skummy to say “i will lynch someone for info”... that is only if that’s the only reason. I have been going back and forth with Rae all day - i have given reasons other than “just for info”. I could of votes Rae prior to saying the info thing and no one would of batted an eye. Which is one of the things i want to address in regards to people twisting my words. The above thought process is not exactly complicated to follow - people are trying to make me look skummy by taking an isolated line out of context that is generally considered a skummy thing to say and fixating on it.

How is it out of context?  I quoted your entire read on me.   

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: February 10, 2019, 05:42:30 pm »

@Joseph - Why did you vote for me in #930? What is your current town-to-scum read on me, ss, ari, mail-me, and eddie? Curious, because I don't see you mention any of them but me in day 2 and it could be helpful for town.

These questions are perhaps more relevant now, Joseph can you give us some info?
#930 (or 929 for me)- committing to sticking on one person seems like a bad idea if town i.e. it's scummy

Ari- I'm sure I mentioned this, I am pretty sure they're town
Mail-mi- leaning scummy but would prefer not to lynch today because the ICs don't want us to
Eddie- hard to tell, but a bit scummy. Although that could just be newbie like it was with MiX
Ss- can never read so very well. Nothing that screams scummy and I often lean towards scummy for ss, so leaning slightly towards town
Debatepro- things like #930/929 don't seem pro-town to me. So leaning towards scummy

Also Datswan vs raerae doesn't look like scum/scum interaction, so clearly one of my scum reads on them is wrong
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: February 10, 2019, 05:43:48 pm »

I also don't think Datswan vs raerae is town/town,  and so exactly one of them is scum. Right now it would be Datswan IMO
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: February 10, 2019, 05:47:58 pm »

I also don't think Datswan vs raerae is town/town,  and so exactly one of them is scum. Right now it would be Datswan IMO
Fully agree with that

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: February 10, 2019, 05:50:46 pm »

@Joseph, how do you feel about EFHW?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: February 10, 2019, 05:56:26 pm »

EFHW what's the reason for #don'tCryUncle?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: February 10, 2019, 06:37:45 pm »

How is it out of context?  I quoted your entire read on me.

Out of context in regards to the “lynch for info” comment (why i quoted Shraeyes post and not the original)
real good. That’s how

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: February 10, 2019, 06:43:40 pm »

Ok, I see what you're saying.  But "lynch for info" is still a very misleading title.  I was misled

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: February 10, 2019, 08:15:14 pm »

I happen to know, barring some kind of interference, that he took no actions last night. Since scum can't kill and do actions, I would expect each of them to have done something.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: February 10, 2019, 08:22:17 pm »

@EFHW, thoughts and feelings on this defense?
My own thought was that he said scummy, not scum, and then he said the same thing. Not aggressively pushing someone seems consistent with being a relatively new player. This doesn't change anything for me.

I don't get the case for ari, though.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: February 10, 2019, 08:24:26 pm »

Hmmm, that's food for thought.  Only one scum " commits" the kill, but this means he isn't a secondary scum who did something like Roleblock, right?

Other than that, I'm used to mafia powers like strongman, or alternativelye X-shot strongman.  Something that modifies the kill, so again, definitely possible that a particular scum does no action

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: February 10, 2019, 08:25:13 pm »

Hmmmmm.  I think that's enough for me to vote: DatSwan instead.

Still mulling through this

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: February 10, 2019, 08:44:21 pm »

I happen to know, barring some kind of interference, that he took no actions last night. Since scum can't kill and do actions, I would expect each of them to have done something.

So you're assuming they all have night actions beyond a night kill? Why did you follow Uncle?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: February 10, 2019, 09:36:33 pm »

setup does say there is at least one Goon (aka, normal scum)
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.