Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297054 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1350 on: February 10, 2019, 12:23:15 pm »

I don't quite get the reluctance to vote for mail-mi. I certainly get that university can be a lot of work, but no-one is arguing that we should lynch mail-mi for lack of activity. The case didn't even mention that.
It's just not happening today.  Go crazy tomorrow when I'm dead. Whatever you want.  But I officially redirect this discussion

*redirection intensifies*

*redirection sound comes to a screeching halt*

why why WHY? Lynching a scum TODAY is pretty important. I think ari and mail-mi have significantly better chances of being scum than DatSwan, and far more than EFHW. I'm not just going to go along with you and take mail-mi off the table when the reason doesn't seem to make any sense and isn't even about his alignment.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 10, 2019, 12:25:59 pm »

*swerves and avoids any potential accidents, accelerating off into the sunset*

mail-mi is off the table.  Sorry. 

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 10, 2019, 12:26:40 pm »

Vote: UncleEurope

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 10, 2019, 12:26:53 pm »

faust can you explain in two or fewer sentences what's scummy about DatSwan?
His EFHW case cave me the distinct feeling of him being scum having kept me alive in the hope that I would join him in getting EFHW lynched. His cases are bad and he took the scummiest possible position towards the MiX wagon D1: "I don't townread him but I don't want to vote there."
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 10, 2019, 12:27:32 pm »

I'm game for DatSwan lynch.

Vote: Uncleeurope
Why not DatSwan?

Specifically this (bolding is mine):
I'm wary of sheeping faust this game, because I'm not townreading him. But his case on mail-mi strikes me as really strong. Surprisingly strong particularly given how few posts mail-mi has. I'll hold off on voting until I spend some more time, but for now it's enough to bump him close to ari level of scumminess.

@Swan and Eddie, you posted after it, what's your verdict?

Mail-mi is scummy, that much I am certain of, and Faust’s case really summarizes why I have that opinion very well.  If anything it made me push Mail-mi up a bit in priority.

In other news: I also might be insane, but I am starting to switch my opinion on DatSwan. He (and Faust, really) have just been speaking exactly my thoughts on certain people today. I think that it would be wise to lynch one of Arishipshape, EFHW, Mail-mi, or Joseph today. Possibly in that order of priority... I think, anyway.

Generally: what shraeye said 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 10, 2019, 12:29:13 pm »

I don't quite get the reluctance to vote for mail-mi. I certainly get that university can be a lot of work, but no-one is arguing that we should lynch mail-mi for lack of activity. The case didn't even mention that.
It's just not happening today.  Go crazy tomorrow when I'm dead. Whatever you want.  But I officially redirect this discussion

why why WHY? Lynching a scum TODAY is pretty important. I think ari and mail-mi have significantly better chances of being scum than DatSwan, and far more than EFHW. I'm not just going to go along with you and take mail-mi off the table when the reason doesn't seem to make any sense and isn't even about his alignment.

DS specifically said he would lynch me for information.  That seems pretty damn scummy to me considering we've got three town dead and presumably will have another after tonight.  The time for lynching for info has passed, don't you think?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 10, 2019, 12:29:51 pm »

DS specifically said he would lynch me for information.  That seems pretty damn scummy to me considering we've got three town dead and presumably will have another after tonight.  The time for lynching for info has passed, don't you think?

*correction, two dead, three after tonight

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:40 pm »

Here's something I want to respond to.  There ARE townreads, plus with his level of engagement, isn't the more towny thing to lean towards suspicion??  At least that's my instinct; read through, find suspicious stuff.
This reasoning seems to be completely at odds with your reasons to scumread Eddie.

I want to hear the flipside of this.  If mail-mi is scummy as heck for having "no townreads", is UncleEurope just as scummy?  Why or why not?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:57 pm »

Why is mail-mi so scummy that you want to revolt on the IC, but you don't want to join me on UncleEurope??

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 10, 2019, 12:34:52 pm »

Here's something I want to respond to.  There ARE townreads, plus with his level of engagement, isn't the more towny thing to lean towards suspicion??  At least that's my instinct; read through, find suspicious stuff.
This reasoning seems to be completely at odds with your reasons to scumread Eddie.

I want to hear the flipside of this.  If mail-mi is scummy as heck for having "no townreads", is UncleEurope just as scummy?  Why or why not?
Just because you notice something that rings your alarm bells somewhere does not mean you scumread them. I think Eddie has communicated his scumreads and townreads fairly well, and I can see the thought process that led him there. Plus mail-mi is scummy for a lot of other things that are bigger than that reads list.

Why is mail-mi so scummy that you want to revolt on the IC, but you don't want to join me on UncleEurope??
I have posted a long and detailed case on mail-mi and am slightly confused about what else you want to hear from me.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 10, 2019, 12:36:41 pm »

Also I don't like being told what to do and you saying the mail-mi is off the table makes it much more exciting to pursue that lynch.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 10, 2019, 12:38:42 pm »

Also I don't like being told what to do and you saying the mail-mi is off the table makes it much more exciting to pursue that lynch.

That's a stubborn reason to hold to that vote.  Will you take a step back and consider a non-mail-mi vote as if shraeye didn't come in here swing his IC sword so hard?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 10, 2019, 12:38:59 pm »

@shraeye, I didn't mention DatSwan because I was responding to someone else's list. I assumed my continued vote on him was clear enough. He is still my first choice.

Won't vote Eddie.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 10, 2019, 12:39:18 pm »

In the midst of ISOing Eddie – not seeing it at all so far, I only get towny vibes from his tone. But I'm not at day 2 yet, so maybe that'll change.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 10, 2019, 12:40:26 pm »

@shraeye, I didn't mention DatSwan because I was responding to someone else's list. I assumed my continued vote on him was clear enough. He is still my first choice.

Won't vote Eddie.

Why?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: February 10, 2019, 12:42:45 pm »

Won't vote Eddie.

Like I said, I don't really look at votes at all (probably my detriment, but I find them hard to follow)

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 10, 2019, 12:45:56 pm »

Won't vote Eddie.

Why?
I can explain if I absolutely have to, but would prefer not to just yet.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 10, 2019, 12:47:02 pm »

Won't vote Eddie.

Why?
Nah, don't worry about it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 10, 2019, 12:47:29 pm »

As long as you join me in the "no mail-mi lynch" pledge.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 10, 2019, 12:48:37 pm »

Won't vote Eddie.

Why?

If I said I was certain, CERTAIN, shraeye was scum and then said my preferred lynch was faust, would you find me scummy for that?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 10, 2019, 12:49:33 pm »

I think I have to make a reads list to convince him.

In all seriousness, the general case against me seems to be I think everyone is suspect and nobody seems to suspect me. To the first point, fair, I guess, but I would say that I always think it is everyone. I know I am newish here but I think even the two other games I have played on here would exhibit my overwhelming paranoia to all people (including those others have listed as being town) I don’t like fully trusting anyone. (Obvious exception being raerae from yesterday, but that was more to make sure that she had a greater chance to post enough to see what happened today.)

As to nobody suspecting me, I honestly have no idea why that is and it is weirding me out as well, much different from the previous games I have played here where I got a lot of attention early on. People are ignoring me and I don’t know why.

As for the uncle test, ignoring everyone I have suspected is the dumbest thing in the world. Scum!Me is smarter than to point at everyone in the universe other than my scum buddies. Like, what?

Shraeye also acts like there was some huge shift from yesterday to today in terms of my play. I don’t see what that would be.

Also I had hoped for a big reveal that Ari would have swapped for Shraeye but it seems he is unable to move on that point, instead giving a pass to Mail-mi... and switching his opinion of me (or says he switched it, he has been poking at me for awhile now)

*shrugs*

I dunno what you want from me.

I also would have preferred this conversation to have taken place yesterday, my availability today is weird.

PPE: 25ish

That’s what happens when you try to do a long post on your phone.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 10, 2019, 12:51:46 pm »

I'll put a mail-mi reread before silver. Even if silver is scum, he won't be lynched today.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 10, 2019, 12:56:11 pm »

Ok, I'm going to the gym and pulling raerae with me.  You can do a mail-mi reread, sure.  But I'm not asking anybody to town-read mail-mi.  I'm just saying #pledgenomailmi.  EEEEEVEN if he's scum (he's not), he has partners.  Get them instead.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 10, 2019, 12:57:18 pm »

Ok so the only reason I could make for Eddie being scum is that he's flying under the radar a bit much. Which is... a pretty good reason, actually, generally speaking. but in his case it strikes me more as more of a personality thing.

@Eddie how many games did you play before? I think I recall that you were there in my game before this one (where you got your nickname), so you're not super new, right? If you still have it in memory, which aligments  did you play as?

Uncle: much scummier
#954 he's wary of DebatePro
#1037 he's wary of DatSwan and Ari
#1038 he's wary of joseph
I fake-voted for him in #1069 just to see what peoepl would do, at that point I had a townread on him.  My recollection was that nobody said a thing (other than faust -- "nah" -- and Uncle - "ahem") despite plenty of time to do so.  Given how much "wariness" he's thrown around, you think at least one town would have a kneejerk OMGUS attitude to him.  We're either way chill, or Uncle is way townier than I understand, or he scum-partners didn't worry too much about the shade he was throwing.
#1260 another thing feels off, another person he's wary of.  The total is what now? 5? 6?  That's the majority of unknown players, from his perspective.
#1268 agrees that EFHW is scummy.  I think he gives townread to Silverspawn here (but is willing to reevaluate)

Why are any of these scummy? I've looked at all of them and don't see it. Being wary of a lot of people strikes me as null-ish to towny.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 10, 2019, 12:59:07 pm »

Ok, I'm going to the gym and pulling raerae with me.  You can do a mail-mi reread, sure.  But I'm not asking anybody to town-read mail-mi.  I'm just saying #pledgenomailmi.  EEEEEVEN if he's scum (he's not), he has partners.  Get them instead.
#pledgenoeddie, too, then.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.