Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297049 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1250 on: February 08, 2019, 01:42:03 am »

Alright so here is a current reads list following my read:

Scum:
faust
Debatepro
ariship

Slight scum:
Datswan
EFHW

Null:
Joseph
Eddie

Slight town:
raerae
silverspawn

Conf!town:
shraeye
mail-mi
I dislike this reads list.

- lists both current wagons as scum but mail-mi votes somewhere else. That's like, trying to keep your options open while at the same time hoping that a wagon goes through without you joining it. Also, literally everyone who ever got a vote today is listed as scummy I think. Talk about opportunistic.
- there are no townreads. Seriously. 5 people are scum or slight scum, but the only townreads are 2 in a "slight town" category. The majority of people here are town, you should have more townreads.

I'll be honest, during my read I wasn't even paying attention to the wagons, just individual votes and content of posts. I have no idea where the wagons are at.

Also I guess my reads list wasn't very clear, it could be interpreted as "scum" is my "would lynch," "slight scum" is my "could be persuaded to lynch," and my "slight town" is "most likely won't lynch."
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 08, 2019, 01:59:15 am »

Ah, I figured out how to explain myself! Your posts are very reactionary, and it doesn't seem like you have done a lot of really proactive things this game. That's different than the town!faust I remember.

Let's test that theory! Just looking at D2.

#974 - reaction
#978 - conversation
#979 - continued conversation
#980 - proactive
#982 - conversation
#989 - proactive
#995 - conversation
#1000 - proactive
#1005 - fluff
#1007 - conversation
#1017 - conversation
#1018 - reaction
#1025 - conversation
#1026 - reaction
#1031 - conversation
#1031 - proactive
#1074 - reaction
#1075 - conversation
#1076 - reaction
#1081 - reaction
#1085 - proactive
#1088 - conversation
#1089 - reaction
#1102 - conversation
#1115 - fluff
#1116 - proactive
#1120 - proactive
#1123 - reaction
#1124 - proactive
#1135 - reaction
#1136 - proactive
#1138 - conversation
#1148 - reaction
#1151 - proactive
#1154 - reaction
#1156 - reaction
#1158 - conversation
#1160 - reaction
#1164 - conversation
#1165 - proactive
#1169 - reaction
#1170 - proactive
#1195 - reaction
#1196 - conversation
#1198 - conversation
#1241 - proactive
#1242 - reaction
#1243 - reaction
#1245 - proactive
#1247 - conversation

"conversation" is a label for post mostly where people directly ask me a question, and I answer. Reaction/proactive is of course a subjective distinction, but I put proactive every time I have brought a previously unstated point into the discussion.

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: February 08, 2019, 02:05:35 am »

Ah, I figured out how to explain myself! Your posts are very reactionary, and it doesn't seem like you have done a lot of really proactive things this game. That's different than the town!faust I remember.

Let's test that theory! Just looking at D2.

you do have a good point sir. I suppose I'm letting a little bit of bias into my reads as well. I'm gonna vote: debatepro for now then.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: February 08, 2019, 02:06:44 am »

So faust is voting me because I didn't answer something quick enough,
And now there is a second question that you refuse to answer.

What would that second one be again? I have been so wrapped up in refusing to answer the first one.

By the way Swan, can you explain how this:

I will be here at the deadline tomorrow
Same I think

fits in with the fact that you did not post in the 24 hours leading up to the deadline?
I am 99% sure i mentioned this already - Jan 31 is Galzria’s birthday. I expected to be around when i posted it and then last minute we planned a celebration. I believe it is in my obnoxiously long post at the beginning of day 2.
The situation changed from “i will be around” to “what the hell happened last night” fairly quickly.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 08, 2019, 02:07:25 am »

I'll be honest, during my read I wasn't even paying attention to the wagons, just individual votes and content of posts. I have no idea where the wagons are at.

Also I guess my reads list wasn't very clear, it could be interpreted as "scum" is my "would lynch," "slight scum" is my "could be persuaded to lynch," and my "slight town" is "most likely won't lynch."
I love it when posts start with "I'll be honest". So I take it that the rest of your posts was not honest?

Nice try to retcon your reads list.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: February 08, 2019, 02:23:27 am »

I love it when posts start with "I'll be honest". So I take it that the rest of your posts was not honest?

Nice try to retcon your reads list.

no, i used it for emphasis.

also that is what i originally intended, i just used different words.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 08, 2019, 03:41:37 am »

Real quick reads list before shraeye does his thing. I've put people in buckets but in no particular order. I've got some very disorganized buckets.

Townie:
shraeye
faust
silver
ari

Middlings:
EFHW
mail-mi
Eddie
Debate

Scummy:
DS
Joseph
Interesting.
So you think both me and DS are scummy?
That's interesting. Because I think both you and DS are scummy
Based on the way this day has gone, DS more

That's a lie. You found me scummy yesterday too. Don't say "based on how the day has gone" like you had a different opinion yesterday.
I think you misinterpreted what I meant
What I meant was based on how this day has gone, I find DS scummiest
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 08, 2019, 07:07:31 am »

Vote: mail-mi

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 08, 2019, 09:35:38 am »

@Joseph

Why did you vote for me in #930?

What is your current town-to-scum read on me, ss, ari, mail-me, and eddie? Curious, because I don't see you mention any of them but me in day 2 and it could be helpful for town.
FNG

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: February 08, 2019, 02:07:48 pm »

You don't want to do that.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: February 08, 2019, 02:51:55 pm »

This post feels off to me. Like, very off.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 08, 2019, 02:56:47 pm »

why? I am town, faust doesn't and shouldn't want to vote for me. It was also meant to be read in a moderately sarcastic tone.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 08, 2019, 03:32:16 pm »

Nah; this point doesn't feel either slightly off, or very off to me

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 08, 2019, 05:00:56 pm »

why? I am town, faust doesn't and shouldn't want to vote for me. It was also meant to be read in a moderately sarcastic tone.
So suddenly you now think I am town?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 08, 2019, 06:30:17 pm »

Ok here's what LaLight and I discussed.  I'll sort reads by scummy to towny more or less; some reasoning given, but no quotes (#notreallythatsorry)

Scum-side
EFHW: Our biggest scumread; we are both in total agreement. I think EFHW is one of the biggest "posting but not active" players; what I do see seems very "leaf on the wind."  A bit of that is overall activity, but also a bit more about the final RL days of Day1.
From my perspective, the most votes were happening at the end of Day1 on MiX, LaLight, shraeye, raerae, and mail-mi.  Mail-mi's never really felt like "for scumminess" but more for "he's a bit lurker-ish".  So out of the 4 most serious wagons, 3 are definitely town, and I'm still confident raerae is town.  What I was looking for was this...imagine EVERYBODY there is town.  Who's doing the least work to move anything forward.  Why put yourself down as the main proponent of a mislynch (for example, I was main proponent of MiX's lynch, and it got me some Day2 votes even though Mason was likely)??  Why not just keep all options open, not rock any boats, and be happy that a mislynch is basically guaranteed.  Plus perhaps some claims.

Silver: silver's silence has be a bit concerned; from our recollections there is usually more arguments, more activity.  But silver did say that he was trying to avoid being as emotional this game.  So we agreed taht something seemed different, but weren't very sure if it was a conscious evolution of playstyle, or indicative of alignment.  One specific thing: silver's analysis of wagon in #444 didn't sound genuine to me at all.  LaLight thought there might be scum in silver/faust based on their interactions.  We're really sure it's not scum/scum.  If LaLight is right, then it is silver.
Also, I don't think that silver was looking good in end-of-Day1 antics.

DatSwan: We had some disagreement here;  I marked DatSwan as more null, LaLight was more convinced of scum.  I started Day1 thinking town, then went null, DatSwan late in the day seemed more scum.  LaLight was really suspicious of silent DatSwan, which he said was really uncharacteristic.  LaLight says TownSwan has mad skills, and noted that we have observed no mad skills yet.

mail-mi: again, a bit of a disagreement.  Some of the reason I found mail-mi scummy on Day1 was related to MiX; now that is obviously null and void.  I think LaLight was finding mail-mi scummy independent of this; and would have preferred to lynch mail-mi over MiX.  But I am less enthused by the "mail-mi is scum" argument.  I think that he hasn't engaged yet in this game. 
Now that's a bit different than past reads where I silence made me lean scum.  I think EFHW/silver have engaged in the game, but really are failing at being proactive and helpful.  mail-mi hasn't reached the engage-stage yet.
I don't want to lynch mail-mi today; but want to keep him in my radar.

Just plain Null

Joseph: yeah.  both of us were like "uhhhh, no opinion".  I can't wrap myself around joseph's playstyle, and LaLight (who is much better at that) didn't give me any comparisons/examples

Town-side

UncleEurope: Some disagreement here.  I thought Uncle felt a bit scummy; one specific thing that stuck with me was when Uncle got frustrated at the Dylan/mail-mi replacement; if Uncle ever turns up scum, I'd fixate on mail-mi QUICK.  LaLight disagreed, and convinced me otherwise.   This being my retyping of our reads, I can put him on the scummiest side of town (yay bias), but I ended up agreeing with LaLight mostly. 

raerae: Disagreement here.  LaLight found her scummy, but agreed with my assessment (towny), given that I know her and her style better.  Saracasm + challenging hedgers + frustration at sheeping/reasonless votes & opinions.  People have cited that as scummy, but that is just how she is; how she approaches mafia-like games.  She's giving reads, and making cases, and I'm listening.  Raerae is a good scumhunter.

DebatePro: I was null; LaLight said DebatePro was town.  Not many details here, but that's how it is.

faust: LaLight was leaning town and I'm whatever-is-past-leaning town.  Faust's blindspot is ari; it seems like faust consistently finds Ari scummy for reasons that I just don't buy.  I think he'll be even better for town if he can untunnel on that.  LaLight was a little worried because of how scary faust can be as scum, I think that's that we were different on.

Ari'sHipShape: Here's one we both instantly agreed on.  Ari is town. his intense focus on each argument strikes me as genuine.  Although he's being stubborn, this reads as town to me.  LaLight agreed and found Ari towny.  Another note is the back/forth between ari and raerae make me think that at least one party is being honest.  That is, if either end up scum, I'd treat the second one as an IC.  However, I don't think either are scum.

STAY TUNED TO SEE HOW DAY2 HAS CHANGED THESE READS...BUT IN THE MEANTIME DISCUSS PLEASE.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 08, 2019, 06:32:52 pm »

No, though my scumread on you has lessened. But I know I am town, and if you are town, you shouldn't be voting for me

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 08, 2019, 07:00:22 pm »

Also, I don't think that silver was looking good in end-of-Day1 antics.

Why?

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 08, 2019, 07:13:55 pm »

Ok here's what LaLight and I discussed.  I'll sort reads by scummy to towny more or less; some reasoning given, but no quotes (#notreallythatsorry)... Silver in scum bucket...STAY TUNED TO SEE HOW DAY2 HAS CHANGED THESE READS...BUT IN THE MEANTIME DISCUSS PLEASE.

My buckets are roughly the same...some of my votes are a bit higher or lower in the spectrum. The big difference is with SS who i gave lots of points for his case in favor of mix. I'm going to do a post-by-post review of SS and will pass along.

FNG

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 08, 2019, 08:06:35 pm »

I think the blind trust of Ari is a bit worrisome, but if you (shraeye) don’t want to throw a kill that way I could do some other person, I would maybe recommend a revisit of his posts.

I am in agreement on EFHW and Datswan though it seems that both of them are unlikely to be scum due to the intense feud going on between them. (Though I could be wrong) Mail-mi is tricky, mixed feelings there. Silver is interesting, I initially had him in my scummy bucket but he has since been more active and helpful, so I don’t know. I honestly need to re-evaluate his posts.

When should we expect the sequel?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 08, 2019, 08:55:09 pm »

I think the blind trust of Ari is a bit worrisome, but if you (shraeye) don’t want to throw a kill that way I could do some other person, I would maybe recommend a revisit of his posts.

I am in agreement on EFHW and Datswan though it seems that both of them are unlikely to be scum due to the intense feud going on between them. (Though I could be wrong) Mail-mi is tricky, mixed feelings there. Silver is interesting, I initially had him in my scummy bucket but he has since been more active and helpful, so I don’t know. I honestly need to re-evaluate his posts.

When should we expect the sequel?

He's flying solo with our offspring while I'm at work. I'm sure he'll get there after bedtime assuming the kid actually sleeps. Keeping my fingers crossed for both those things!

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 08, 2019, 10:38:11 pm »

It's not happening tonight, lords and ladies.  I've got some Minecraft that won't play itself.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 08, 2019, 10:49:18 pm »

So maybe I'm reading this wrong but aren't you calling EFHW scummy for the same things that's getting Joseph a nullpass?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 08, 2019, 11:54:29 pm »

So maybe I'm reading this wrong but aren't you calling EFHW scummy for the same things that's getting Joseph a nullpass?

Huh? Most definitely not.  Are those the two people you meant?  Huh?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 09, 2019, 02:25:35 am »

No, though my scumread on you has lessened. But I know I am town, and if you are town, you shouldn't be voting for me
But if I am scum and you are town, then wouldn't it be good for me to vote for you? Yet you say I shouldn't want to vote for you as if it is a given that I am town. This indicates that you actually know my alignment.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 09, 2019, 02:30:47 am »

Yeah, calling ari my "blind spot" when they give out a townread there for... basically nothing sure is strange. But well. There are enough scummy people here that we can lynch elsewhere and still find scum.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.