Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297117 times)

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: January 29, 2019, 11:15:37 am »

For instance, saying I remind him/her/whatever (crap, I do need pronouns)

He.

To see one person's posts, just view their post history; most people only post here anyway. For further sorting you'll have to ask someone else.

Good vote, any other scumreads, ari? If none, can you look at shraeye? I need as many people as possible on him.

I might post a case on him if I have something really solid, no guarantees though...

I really don't like the guessing games Shraeye pulled early on. He also disappeared yesterday. He get's my third FOS, but if he shows up today and says some nice, straightforward information granting things, i'll give him a pass. I don't think he directly stated his reason for his vote on you... Bussing perhaps?
Shraeye, no more games. Say things straight.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 29, 2019, 11:20:07 am »

Ariship’s pile of posts in the past page are making it a lot harder to ignore the bizarre 180 from before. Despite other people’s opinions about how town they assume him to be, I can’t help but think he is a bit too shady.

Vote: AIRship
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 29, 2019, 11:20:35 am »

Ariship’s pile of posts in the past page are making it a lot harder to ignore the bizarre 180 from before. Despite other people’s opinions about how town they assume him to be, I can’t help but think he is a bit too shady.

180 from what to what?
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 29, 2019, 11:22:57 am »

There is a lot going on right now, and I'm not really following it all b/c I haven't read the whole game yet. However I should have some time tonight to catch up.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 29, 2019, 11:26:35 am »

180 from what to what?

The 180 that you claim isn’t one but I can’t help reading it as one where you went from defending MiX by saying my buddying wasn’t a good enough reason to vote (because I used the terms “obviously” and “conclusively” sarcastically) then voting on him for buddying a few posts later.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 29, 2019, 11:28:29 am »

See what you did ari? Your defensiveness is your undoing! How can I defend you when you do such scummy things? I continue to refuse this would be anything noob!scum does, but it's getting harder to say that by the minute.

180 from what to what?

Uncle already explained that before, your defence on my buddying into voting for me; yes you defended it, but I guess he doesn't believe you (I do, if that wasn't already public knowledge).

There is a lot going on right now, and I'm not really following it all b/c I haven't read the whole game yet. However I should have some time tonight to catch up.

You better, my lack of scumreads makes me think you're one of them...at least it would be nice if we had 13 players instead of 12.

PPE 1: Ha I just said that

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 29, 2019, 11:28:56 am »

180 from what to what?

The 180 that you claim isn’t one but I can’t help reading it as one where you went from defending MiX by saying my buddying wasn’t a good enough reason to vote (because I used the terms “obviously” and “conclusively” sarcastically) then voting on him for buddying a few posts later.
I ended that statement by saying I agree with you! I only said that it doesn't "conclusively" prove it! If I started agreeing with you, and ended agreeing with you, that's a 0, not a 180. Also, I suck at picking up on sarcasm. As does the rest of the internet, so best not to use it.
PPE 1

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 29, 2019, 11:30:54 am »

I will stop using sarcasm this very instant.

Uncleeurope Eddie

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 29, 2019, 11:31:19 am »

See what you did ari? Your defensiveness is your undoing! How can I defend you when you do such scummy things? I continue to refuse this would be anything noob!scum does, but it's getting harder to say that by the minute.

180 from what to what?

Uncle already explained that before, your defence on my buddying into voting for me; yes you defended it, but I guess he doesn't believe you (I do, if that wasn't already public knowledge).

You better, my lack of scumreads makes me think you're one of them...at least it would be nice if we had 13 players instead of 12.

It wasn't a 180. "I actually agree with you, fos MiX" is what I ended with. I only proved it didn't definitively prove you were sum! In addition, I don't expect you to defend me. I expect you to attack me, because I expect you are scum.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 29, 2019, 11:32:06 am »

180 from what to what?

It wasn't a 180. "I actually agree with you, fos MiX" is what I ended with. I only proved it didn't definitively prove you were sum! In addition, I don't expect you to defend me. I expect you to attack me, because I expect you are scum.
Sorry, did a typo. I bolded it. I meant "scum" instead of "sum".

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 29, 2019, 11:36:09 am »

faust: Someone pointed out I could not possibly be right about my restriction thing with faust because of the set up. Obviously correct, oversight on my end. To further on that point though, really really really weird for faust. LL came in and asked the money question ("faust - are you town aligned). So faust has no backdoor for being some third faction and fake claiming or whatever at this point... so super hard town lean on him as of now. I know that is gonna come off as some weak ass reasoning to players that have not played with faust, but just go like read... any other game ever.. it will make sense.

You're really giving faust hard towncred because he said he was town-aligned??  Because he couldn't possibly be skum saying "Yup, sure, whatever you want to hear."??  That seems extreme.

@faust, if DS were saying this about anybody else, how would you feel about it?
Well, not good. You may have noticed that I am voting for DatSwan.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 29, 2019, 11:40:52 am »

Quick question, is there a way to display only the posts of one person for convenient rereading?
Unfortunately not. You can bring up the whole thread and search for "username: X" if that person has a ShuffleIT username. Alternatively search for some distinguishing part of their signature. Or you can bring up the Print screen (button in top righthand corner) and search by "post by: X".

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 29, 2019, 11:41:55 am »

In fact, could someone give me a quick summary of what's happened so far? That would be extremely helpful.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 29, 2019, 11:42:47 am »

In addition, you two seem to be arbitrarily ganging up on me, with the "why so defensive" and the demonizing my defense. Whats wrong with defense? moat defends.
By the way, I never demonized anything. I asked a question, and you answered. If anything it seems like you are demonizing my asking that question.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 29, 2019, 11:48:15 am »

Also Vote: raerae is my preference for now

Cooooooool, how come?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 29, 2019, 11:48:33 am »

In fact, could someone give me a quick summary of what's happened so far? That would be extremely helpful.
There was an early MiX wagon that got to L-2. shraeye asked a much-discussed question. A bunch of people including me thought voting raerae was neat for a while. I posted in quotes only for a while, which sparked some strange ideas in DatSwan. The newbies did a lot of infighting.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 29, 2019, 11:59:07 am »

asking a lot of questions and doing nothing of actual scum hunting so far

If you'd enlighten me, how does one scumhunt in an online forum where our only interactions are text based?  Questions are bad because we get answers and reactions?  I'll have to keep that in mind.

I am sorry if I sounded overly aggressive, I try not to do that and I didn't try to make this personal.

Questions are good when you react to answers after that. You ask how does one scumhunt — is anyone other than you asking a lot of questions? Mostly people are doing analysis of what actually happened.

Actually, I don't have strong scum reads, it's still D1. But this is better than nothing! About shraeye though — call it a hunch. I tend to use intuition when I am talking about my reads.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 29, 2019, 12:00:05 pm »

talking about that I don't really like an idea of lynching anybody this far but we sure need to, so

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 29, 2019, 12:01:17 pm »

ugh i tried but I really can't. I feel like there is a lot of discussion about nothing by everybody and some deeper level of discussion I can't grasp at

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 29, 2019, 12:54:52 pm »

I'm back from lunch break

In addition, you two seem to be arbitrarily ganging up on me, with the "why so defensive" and the demonizing my defense. Whats wrong with defense? moat defends.
By the way, I never demonized anything. I asked a question, and you answered. If anything it seems like you are demonizing my asking that question.

Sense when has asking "why are you being so defensive" not been implying that it is improperly placed defense? There is no right answer to that question!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 29, 2019, 01:31:07 pm »

I reread the thread again (!). I wanted to pull together the various cases on MiX. Here is what I found (post numbers may be off by one because I display posts with most recent ones first and that changes the numbering for some reason).

72: Debpro v. MiX for buddying
82: Ari v. MiX because he thinks one big wagon is better than several small ones (I definitely disagree here)
90: LL v. MiX without saying why. MiX later assumes LL was sheeping Ari. Do we know actual reason?
121: faust v. MiX, later says it was for reactions
134, 136, 142, 147: King Ed notices MiX wagon is gaining traction. Thinks one big wagon is better than several (see above); v. MiX L-2;  MiX talked about buddying without mentioning that it is usually a scum tactic.
154: Ari suspects MiX because of random voting and being comfortable with 5 votes on him.
161: raerae thinks being OK with 5 votes is not a good reason to find MiX scummy.
181: raerae questioning MiX about "knowing" Shraeye's reason for voting when that was never actually explained.
215: Ed feels MiX was using reverse psychology to challenge him to vote MiX. Notes that MiX defended silver re: not scumhunting. MiX took towny advice and changed how he played = scummy. Freq. posting towny.
231: Shraeye voted MiX b/c 1. Early on he called out Shraeye for lurking and not Dylan; 2. He is worried about the votes on him while claiming not to be. 3. OMGUS re: LL vote. 4. flailing.
236: Shraeye challenges Eddie's criticisms of MiX.
243: DatSwan notices MiX joined him on Dylan wagon right after saying DatSwan was scummy. Otherwise doesn't want to vote MiX because there are too many weak reasons.

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 29, 2019, 01:34:33 pm »

I reread the thread again (!). I wanted to pull together the various cases on MiX. Here is what I found (post numbers may be off by one because I display posts with most recent ones first and that changes the numbering for some reason).
82: Ari v. MiX because he thinks one big wagon is better than several small ones (I definitely disagree here)
I repented of that. I now suspect MiX due to his blatant buddying of me early on and his attempts to paint me as defensive (although Faust is more guilty of the latter).

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 29, 2019, 01:36:45 pm »

A few more:

309: Ari still thinks MiX is scummy because of the buddying.
329, 330: raerae thinks MiX and Shraeye must have QT together. v. MiX; buddying Ari was odd.
360 Debpro reiterates firm vote on MiX

PPE: Ari suspects MiX for painting Ari as defensive.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 29, 2019, 01:43:07 pm »

Sense when has asking "why are you being so defensive" not been implying that it is improperly placed defense? There is no right answer to that question!

Ah, almost missed this is also aimed at me, you haven't actually said why you were defending, but I don't think there's a towny way to answer it. I would still like to see your attempt.

What does ari's recent posts have to do with something he did way before?

The RVS (stands for random, right) vote just demonstrates I wasn't in the scum section of the wagon.

You unvoted me and then revoted me, which means your vote wasn't random; stating that it was is...scummy...

Defensiveness is incredibly important, because if I don't defend myself a non scum dies.

Does this mean that defending actively kills scum? You're not even close to being a lynch target...why would you say this?

Whats wrong with defense?

Defense does not help your scumhunting.

MiX buddyed me, the noob. I suspect it was an early attempt to get me on his side. For instance, saying I remind him/her/whatever (crap, I do need pronouns) of him/her/whatever, and saying he/she/whatever liked my style. I imagine MiX thought my noobness would make me like him and defend him and not vote for him. If I am right, he/she/whatever was wrong.

I am not this naive: buddying someone does not make a townread back, although I wish it did so I wouldn't have to do this post. I like your arrogance by saying that you're right and I'm wrong, precisely what I expected from you.

is anyone other than you asking a lot of questions?

I am and you just did, so...

Is there anything else I forgot to mention?

PPE 3: EFHW, I somewhat buried this question, but:

EFHW hasn't done much, maybe she doesn't have a lot of availability, but everything seems low effort...I guess I'll ask her a question: If you don't want to disclose your townreads, can you at least say your scumreads?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 29, 2019, 01:47:55 pm »

I’ll respond to the query aimed at me, can’t pull it from MiX’s post right now on my phone.

Aris two weirdnesses are in no way related other than the fact that they are from the same person, aka a case is building due to two things I personally find odd.

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 17 queries.