Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 131612 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day four!)
« Reply #1150 on: August 01, 2018, 07:01:21 am »

McMcsalot has died in the night! He was Da Samurai, a good-aligned human who had no abilities.

Day 6 starts now!

Vote count 6.0

not voting (5): Hydrad, Lalight, EFHW, Galzria, Robz888

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Day 6 ends, Wednesday, August 08, 2018, 07:00:00 am

Thread unlocked!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day five!)
« Reply #1151 on: August 01, 2018, 07:06:38 am »

I md'ed Hydrad, there was no motion.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 01, 2018, 07:07:13 am »

not voting just beacuse we can be in LyLo. Though I don't see the world with town!Robz. And Galz, weren't you commuting? Along with mcmc? What happened?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 01, 2018, 07:08:11 am »

I still don't really believe faust was town, I think something really strange is happening

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 01, 2018, 07:08:34 am »

I am not scum. Is EFHW scum? Is Galzria scum in the end playing us all?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: August 01, 2018, 07:09:03 am »

this all reminds me the British Bonkers game where scum played us all and my vote ended the game with a loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 01, 2018, 07:09:34 am »

Robz/Galzria scum-team looks very, very probable right now

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 01, 2018, 07:09:59 am »

Galz, why didn't you commute?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 01, 2018, 12:28:55 pm »

Uhh.... okay. Well, my scum pool is LaLight/Hydrad, with the possibly quite likely chance they are both scum. As such, this is pretty much game over, since EFHW thinks I'm scum, I believe.

I'm directing this to Galz, then: Galz, I know you think I'm probably scum, but the scum team must be more than two people if it includes me! Therefore one of LaLight or Hydrad must also be scum. Obviously, if you think I'm scum, then from your perspective I'm going to steer you to the wrong one. Therefore, I'm inclined not to try to really hash it out with you, and will instead just follow your lead (from my town perspective they are probably both scum, so it doesn't matter). Make sense?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 01, 2018, 12:29:56 pm »

EFHW... not sure what to do say to you. Don't vote for me, I'm not scum!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 01, 2018, 12:47:12 pm »

Also, we are so doomed it's quite hilarious. I love this game.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 01, 2018, 01:15:01 pm »

Uhh.... okay. Well, my scum pool is LaLight/Hydrad, with the possibly quite likely chance they are both scum. As such, this is pretty much game over, since EFHW thinks I'm scum, I believe.

I'm directing this to Galz, then: Galz, I know you think I'm probably scum, but the scum team must be more than two people if it includes me! Therefore one of LaLight or Hydrad must also be scum. Obviously, if you think I'm scum, then from your perspective I'm going to steer you to the wrong one. Therefore, I'm inclined not to try to really hash it out with you, and will instead just follow your lead (from my town perspective they are probably both scum, so it doesn't matter). Make sense?

Why should Galz choose one of us from this perspective if he knows you are scum?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 01, 2018, 02:53:37 pm »

Confirming life. Back home tonight.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 01, 2018, 11:59:27 pm »

well. i wanna lynch lalight because I feel like he has to be scum here.

But now I'm getting slightly worried that robz is scum just because galz isn't dead yet. Why would scum not take a double night kill if they could.

I'm starting to think its lalight and robz is still scum.

which means we can still go lalight and if robz is still scum we still win because we can vote him next day.

The biggest reason I thought robz wasn't scum was because I'm still really sure I could be turned to scum and I'm still town. So I assumed that because I didn't turn robz must of lost his power. But now I'm thinking that he had already used both of his shots trying to find who he could turn as scum and when I outed myself as being able to be turned he wasn't able to turn me anymore.

Either way I'm still most likely going lalight here first.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 02, 2018, 12:51:54 am »

Quick thoughts. I'm interested in people's take on these, but not really in debating them.

First: My commute was, in fact, 1-shot. Used early, couldn't use again to save myself or Mcmc.

Second: I think two nights ago it wasn't worth risking the shot against me from scum's perspective not knowing the above to be true or not.

Third: I think that last night it was worth risking it because I was VLA and there was a solid chance (based on what I had stated) that even if it wasn't 1-shot, I wouldn't be able to get a night action in. This is mostly and inconsequentially true - I pre-submitted my night action to neighborize Mcmc again, but had absolutely no access until today.

Fourth: If you're risking that I'm not , or can't be, commuting, then why shoot Mcmc over me, when my death could enable a double kill? This leans pretty strongly towards Robz being scum, but I'll look at the other options here too:

Say LaLight is scum with Robz. He kills me, there's no chance Robz doesn't get lynched today. Zero. Same story for Hydrad as scum with Robz. So if Robz is scum, killing me is out of the question. That leaves Mcmc or Hydrad/LaLight. Not killing Mcmc here would almost certainly result in the instant lynch of the remaining player, yes? If LaLight had killed Hydrad or vice versa, then almost certainly it would've ended poorly for scum - Mcmc and I both would've voted for the remaining player (not Robz), and if the game still didn't end, then Robz on the final day. Does anybody disagree with this? Thus the only logical kill is Mcmc.

But that's all scum!Robz analysis though. Let's look at town!Robz. Here, the choice not to kill me last night is based entirely around framing Robz today. Had we both died last night, the game would now be Hydrad/LaLight/Mcmc - and this is fine for scum, unless they're certain that Mcmc gets it right. So instead, they kill Mcmc, try to frame Robz, hope we mislynch him, kill me at night, and end with LaLight/Hydrad.

Mod Question: In the instance of 1 Town Player, 1 Scum Player, and 1 Restless Spirit, would the game end?

If the game is over, then mis-lynching Robz is definitely the play for scum here - that's probably an easier sell than facing off against Mcmc.

Here's the catch:

If there are two scum left, Robz+X, and the answer to my question is that the game would be over, then we've already lost - lynch either scum today, the remaining scum kills me, and it's 1v1 tomorrow. Unless that scum can't kill. This is notable only because it's possible that scum!traitor!Robz doesn't have an inheritable kill once all remaining scum are dead. If the answer to my question is that the game would end then:

Either Robz can't be scum
Or
Robz can't kill as scum

And in either case lynching him is the wrong play

If the answer to my question is that the game would continue, then killing Robz is absolutely the correct play, as it would allow EFHW to have the final decision between Hydrad and LaLight on the final day.

I italicized the above because that was Mcmc's last suggestion to me in our QT. He also strongly believed LaLight to be the final scum, but thought it better to lynch Robz today.

I want to think on things some more. Like what if there's only one scum left, and it's Robz. Would he have killed Hydrad instead of Mcmc to frame LaLight? After lynching LaLight today he would've gone 1v1 against me or Mcmc with EFHW the deciding vote - which he loses. Although he probably loses all 1v1's with EFHW deciding to be fair.

I also want to consider LaLight's claim some more.

For now, shower, food, and bed.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 02, 2018, 01:08:01 am »

If Robz is town: LaLight's intro into this day fits the scum-trying-to-frame Robz scenario here. Hence the kill on Mcmc and not me. It also fits a scum-Robz narrative with LaLight as his partner (whether he knows Robz is scum or not) - in that he doesn't see himself winning a 1v1 with Hydrad right now, but could be hoping to gain town cred for pushing a scum!Robz lynch.

It doesn't make sense from a town!LaLight standpoint however, as he should be almost certain Hydrad is scum. Except that he claimed to MD Hydrad and saw no motion. This would lead him to believe that Robz is scum. Hmm...

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 02, 2018, 01:11:41 am »

Hydrad on the other hand, comes in wanting to vote LaLight. If Hydrad is scum with Robz that's reasonable. That's really his only lynch choice here. If he's not scum with Robz, then I would've expected him to try to frame Robz as being scum - using the fact that scum didn't kill me for the double kill as justification for Robz being scum.

Although it's possible Hydrad is scum and doesn't know about Robz' alignment. Not wanting to out Robz, he killed Mcmc, and here he's following through with the logical mis-lynch option for him in LaLight.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 02, 2018, 04:17:22 am »

So, here's the deal:

If Iguana indicates that a 1v1 with a Spirit continues the game - I'm lynching  Robz, as per Mcmc's request to me. If he's scum, great, EFHW can choose who to lynch tomorrow. If he's not scum, oh well, EFHW can choose who to lynch tomorrow.

If Iguana indicates that a 1v1 with a Spirit is end game - I'm lynching LaLight, as per faust's request, and because of a vast number of other reasons. The most notable of which:

Hydrad cannot be scum.

Thanks, LaLight. Either you're scum and Hydrad is town, or you're town and MD'd Hydrad, confirming him as town by having no motion.

If Iguana says he cannot answer my question, I'm lynching LaLight, because it's pretty clear that EFHW is not alive and does not count as a living player and thus cannot actually matter in a 1v1 situation.

And now that I've typed it, I've realized it's all moot. Even if Iguana says the game continues, LaLight has confirmed Hydrad is town. Assuming we were to lynch Robz and he flips either as town or scum - EFHW has confirmation that Hydrad is town, and thus LaLight is confirmed scum anyway.

So... no need to wait I guess.

vote: LaLight

Mafia Record:

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 02, 2018, 04:21:53 am »

So, here's the deal:

If Iguana indicates that a 1v1 with a Spirit continues the game - I'm lynching  Robz, as per Mcmc's request to me. If he's scum, great, EFHW can choose who to lynch tomorrow. If he's not scum, oh well, EFHW can choose who to lynch tomorrow.

If Iguana indicates that a 1v1 with a Spirit is end game - I'm lynching LaLight, as per faust's request, and because of a vast number of other reasons. The most notable of which:

Hydrad cannot be scum.

Thanks, LaLight. Either you're scum and Hydrad is town, or you're town and MD'd Hydrad, confirming him as town by having no motion.

If Iguana says he cannot answer my question, I'm lynching LaLight, because it's pretty clear that EFHW is not alive and does not count as a living player and thus cannot actually matter in a 1v1 situation.

And now that I've typed it, I've realized it's all moot. Even if Iguana says the game continues, LaLight has confirmed Hydrad is town. Assuming we were to lynch Robz and he flips either as town or scum - EFHW has confirmation that Hydrad is town, and thus LaLight is confirmed scum anyway.

So... no need to wait I guess.

vote: LaLight

First question is why would I do this as scum. Second question is WHY WOULD I DO THIS AS SCUM. Third question is he can be ninja. But the first two questions still stand. I don't lie, I md'ed Hydrad. If mislynch ends the game, why wouldn't I just say I saw Robz' motion? How does this add up?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 02, 2018, 04:22:59 am »

let's vote: Galzria. This all adds up if you're scum. With Robz.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: August 02, 2018, 04:23:49 am »

I just hope EFHW and Hydrad can see beyond initial surety of everyone that you're town for some reason. You also lied about commuting and we don't really have any proof you really commuted

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 02, 2018, 04:24:40 am »

it's just if you're scum and played us this good, now I am the easiest mislynch and mad props and scum!MVP for you Galz. But I don't see how (except if Hydrad is ninja) you and Robz can not be scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 02, 2018, 04:42:57 am »

Can't really work your way out of this one, sorry LaLight.

Robz and I can't be scum together, because the game would be over.

A) I would have my sword, stolen from Mcmc, and there would've been extra kills.

B) 2v2, even with a Spirit, would be endgame - unless I'm wrong and EFHW counts as a person in a 1v1 end game scenario - which would be weird, as there are very clearly 4 alive, not 5. Even if we were scum and you lynched one of us, one of you would then die at night (well, both, because again - sword), thus leaving 1v1 at best for you.

C) I can't be scum solo, because the day Robz told me in our QT that he was a traitor I would've said "Hey great, I'm scum bro!". No scenario where scum!me lets scum!Robz turn himself town.

D) If I can't be scum with Robz (game over already), and I can't be scum solo (see above), then I can't be scum. Plus, also, you know, duh

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 02, 2018, 04:51:05 am »

I just hope EFHW and Hydrad can see beyond initial surety of everyone that you're town for some reason. You also lied about commuting and we don't really have any proof you really commuted

You forget that Haddock tracked me the night I commuted and received no result. Different from no action. Can't result a commuted man.

Guh, fine. Don't know what I've done to deserve that scumread but whatever.

I am an ImaKandi: a beast and a Tracker.
N1 I tracked Faust and he took no action. (Hence my initial D2 scumread of him which reversed when he was honest about that.)
N2 I tracked Galz and got no result. I think I can guess why but I guess that can wait for gkrieg's claim.

Mafia Record:

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 02, 2018, 04:53:11 am »

Can't really work your way out of this one, sorry LaLight.

Robz and I can't be scum together, because the game would be over.

A) I would have my sword, stolen from Mcmc, and there would've been extra kills.

B) 2v2, even with a Spirit, would be endgame - unless I'm wrong and EFHW counts as a person in a 1v1 end game scenario - which would be weird, as there are very clearly 4 alive, not 5. Even if we were scum and you lynched one of us, one of you would then die at night (well, both, because again - sword), thus leaving 1v1 at best for you.

C) I can't be scum solo, because the day Robz told me in our QT that he was a traitor I would've said "Hey great, I'm scum bro!". No scenario where scum!me lets scum!Robz turn himself town.

D) If I can't be scum with Robz (game over already), and I can't be scum solo (see above), then I can't be scum. Plus, also, you know, duh

A) I totally forgot about sword. But wait, if you fakeclaim, you can't use the sword and there won't be extrakills.

B) I don't know why you think game would be over, EFHW has her vote.

C) Who knows what you told him? If you're both scum, you're both scum.

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.