Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 73  All

Author Topic: M113: sufjan stevens (OH THE WORLD IS A MESS)  (Read 195165 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 4)
« Reply #1475 on: March 14, 2018, 11:41:36 am »

You're not an idiot, you're just mafia.

I'm not, though, is the thing.

So I think I am ready to vote for PPS.
You can interrogate me today, but once the night is over I'll be very VLA. Or you made up your mind and we just lose. Which I suppose is the case.

I kinda want iguana to be scum so I can congratulate him for the performance of a lifetime.

ok wait really? tell me this doesn't look like a scumslip from someone who knows pps is town.
Can you just stop posting nonsense. Clearly I am talking about me getting mislynched due to being absent.

+1 that this was indeed nonsense

i am sorry, but when someone responds to "I want to vote pps" with "then we will lose" I take pause and air my thoughts. why would iguana wanting to vote pps make faust be concerned about being mislynched while absent? even if iguana has made up his mind about faust being scum, he seemed to imply that that he'd prefer to lynch pps today and then faust tomorrow if pps flips scum, when presumably faust would no longer be absent and then could defend himself. apparently, though I'm the idiot and this all makes perfect sense to everyone else.
I'm on vacation for 11 days and thus would miss all of the next day.

I did not know this! Makes a little more sense now!

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: March 14, 2018, 11:41:51 am »

I'd like to remind everyone that faust lent considerable intellectual credibility to the Day 1 Sir Clemens lynch, which was not a good lynch.
A bit rich from the guy who advocated lynching Space, who by any reasonable metric would have been a worse lynch.

Oh, certainly a worse lynch. I think it was more obvious Clemens was not scum than Space, though.

Clemens was the d1 lynch. I have never played a game in which anyone was "obviously not scum" on D1.
You never played a game with an IC?!

ugh

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 14, 2018, 11:41:56 am »

Also, after mcmc tells me to go back to PSS, faust immediately starts criticizing mcmc's inadequate case on PPS. Again, if this is the scumteam--mcmc, PPS, faust--it's like a reeeeally weird series of interactions. Which, okay, kudos to you guys I guess if that's the case, but no I really don't see it.

We should lynch faust, or alternatively I suppose mcmc. I think!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: March 14, 2018, 11:43:26 am »

Well, mcmc's pivot to Space soon after that makes the conspiracy a little more believable.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 14, 2018, 11:47:43 am »

RObz and pps both making strange we should lynch faust posts. We should lynch pps and if you think pps is town you should be arguing to lynch me not faust.

Lastly for those not convinced PPS is scum, it was very very obvious yesterday if pps was town he was an odd night cop which meant a result for sure today, but instead scum killed twm who had claimed a pr but not what.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: March 14, 2018, 11:48:27 am »

RObz and pps both making strange we should lynch faust posts. We should lynch pps and if you think pps is town you should be arguing to lynch me not faust.

Lastly for those not convinced PPS is scum, it was very very obvious yesterday if pps was town he was an odd night cop which meant a result for sure today, but instead scum killed twm who had claimed a pr but not what.

I'm more sure faust is scum than I am on either of you, why do you not get this?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 14, 2018, 11:49:04 am »

In my experience town makes the sort of mistakes like what Cuzz just made all the time. Scum not so much. It's easy to figure out what other players mean by things when you know their motivations and alignments.

So again the mistakes Cuzz makes look towny to me, not scummy.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: March 14, 2018, 11:49:25 am »

I'm not, though, is the thing.

So I think I am ready to vote for PPS.
You can interrogate me today, but once the night is over I'll be very VLA. Or you made up your mind and we just lose. Which I suppose is the case.

I kinda want iguana to be scum so I can congratulate him for the performance of a lifetime.

ok wait really? tell me this doesn't look like a scumslip from someone who knows pps is town.
Can you just stop posting nonsense. Clearly I am talking about me getting mislynched due to being absent.

+1 that this was indeed nonsense

i am sorry, but when someone responds to "I want to vote pps" with "then we will lose" I take pause and air my thoughts. why would iguana wanting to vote pps make faust be concerned about being mislynched while absent? even if iguana has made up his mind about faust being scum, he seemed to imply that that he'd prefer to lynch pps today and then faust tomorrow if pps flips scum, when presumably faust would no longer be absent and then could defend himself. apparently, though I'm the idiot and this all makes perfect sense to everyone else.
I'm on vacation for 11 days and thus would miss all of the next day.

I did not know this! Makes a little more sense now!
I've posted a thing in the VLA thread now. Probably should have done it earlier. I didn't want to tip scum off that I would be VLA hoping I get to be killed before it happens. Sodding PRs.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: March 14, 2018, 11:50:14 am »

I think mercy lynching Faust because he's scum and won't be around the next day anyway is completely fine.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: March 14, 2018, 11:51:23 am »

I'm more sure faust is scum than I am on either of you, why do you not get this?

Because thats stupid, I don't think you can really be more than 50% sure that faust is scum. I guess if you are town you know there is a 50% chance of scum in faust/iguana/cuzz/ghacob. so actually any town member has two sections where there is a 50% chance of finding scum
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: March 14, 2018, 11:51:49 am »

Well it's possible that they were afraid of protective roles. Also with this being LyLo a new result from PPS isn't terrible since it doesn't prove anything.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: March 14, 2018, 11:52:31 am »

Robz can you elaborate your scum read on me, I know you thinks its weak but you have pushed towards scumreading me over pps

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 14, 2018, 11:54:41 am »

I think mercy lynching Faust because he's scum and won't be around the next day anyway is completely fine.
At least I get to complain before I leave then! And not feeling a need to check f.ds occasionally would probably be nice. Downside is we lose more quickly. But is it worth it to extend the suffering? We probably should discuss this too much as we'll soon end up in RSP territory.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 14, 2018, 12:01:09 pm »

At least I get to complain before I leave then! And not feeling a need to check f.ds occasionally would probably be nice. Downside is we lose more quickly. But is it worth it to extend the suffering? We probably should discuss this too much as we'll soon end up in RSP territory.

Well the only part that made me mad was when you called me lazy : )

Sorry if you are town but I really don't think so! Can you at least look at yourself from an outside perspective and see how you look scummyAF?

It's like:

Scum is playing well, town is playing poorly. That is evident.

So is active!town!Faust playing poorly, or is active!scum!Faust playing well?

Same thing with McMcsalot. Is he town playing poorly but putting in a lot of effort and failing? or is he scum playing well?

So in a vacuum scum!Faust and scum!McMc already make more sense than town for either of them.

OTOH town!Robz not trying too hard and getting nowhere makes a lot of sense.

Absent town!Teproc into trying to catch up town!Ghacob makes a lot of sense.

Too busy to reread and consequently unable to push his scum!Faust read town!Cuzz makes sense.

Robz, Ghacob, and Cuzz all make sense as town. If you look at them, you can see what they were thinking as town as the time through the whole game.

Faust doesn't really give off any towny vibes except maybe a little bit today as he's defending himself. McMc gives off towny vibes D1 ONLY. After that, he's scummy.

PPS is the only one who is like, uh, he's kinda like scum playing poorly if I am right about everyone else.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: March 14, 2018, 12:03:39 pm »

I think it's my townreads much more than my scumreads who are really making it hard for me to re-evaluate and see anything other than McMcsalot, PPS, Faust.

I reread Robz, Cuzz, and Ghacob and they are all really towny and not partnery with people who are alive.

Robz is pushing this Cuzz & Faust thing, but Cuzz has been pushing Faust all game. And he's just towny, like, the way he talks.

Does scum!Cuzz with Faust as a partner really go into their winning LyLo situation pushing Faust and no one else?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 14, 2018, 12:06:19 pm »

It seems you are right. I think that's just how it is for town!me: Either I play well and have good reads starting out and then scum is scared and kills me. Or I play badly and things look grim for town and scum leaves me alive because I suck and then it's a downward spiral as people think that I must be scum because I'm still there and haven't accomplished anything.

It wouldn't have to be this way if more people would play actively. But they don't and they get to live and maybe even get more out of the game in terms of fun than me by playing an anti-town game. It's kind of frustrating when I put it like that.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 14, 2018, 12:06:50 pm »

I could see Ghacob as scum MAYBE. I could see Cuzz as scum MAYBE. MAYBE McMc is town instead of one of them.

Does scummy!scum!PPS really think he's going to fake a result on anyone other than Faust and get that person lynched? If scum!PPS knows he is going down, maybe he just wants to use his fake results to create a false clear on his partner.

People have been calling him scum for days.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 14, 2018, 12:07:07 pm »

PPS is the only one who is like, uh, he's kinda like scum playing poorly if I am right about everyone else.

That's an astute assessment on a town player.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 14, 2018, 12:07:24 pm »

It seems you are right. I think that's just how it is for town!me: Either I play well and have good reads starting out and then scum is scared and kills me. Or I play badly and things look grim for town and scum leaves me alive because I suck and then it's a downward spiral as people think that I must be scum because I'm still there and haven't accomplished anything.

It wouldn't have to be this way if more people would play actively. But they don't and they get to live and maybe even get more out of the game in terms of fun than me by playing an anti-town game. It's kind of frustrating when I put it like that.

I think everyone tried medium hard and people are trying especially hard right now so it's not so fair to say we are not active.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 14, 2018, 12:09:47 pm »

I think everyone tried medium hard and people are trying especially hard right now so it's not so fair to say we are not active.
It's true that this game has been okay, and there have definitely been worse. Yes people are active now when it's easy and exciting to be active, but they got here by lurking and being in the background. I don't apply this to you; that you are still alive is a bit of a miracle.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 14, 2018, 12:09:57 pm »

Also @Faust

Almost every single dead townie died calling for your lynch before they died. That's a thing too.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 14, 2018, 12:10:19 pm »

It's true that this game has been okay, and there have definitely been worse. Yes people are active now when it's easy and exciting to be active, but they got here by lurking and being in the background. I don't apply this to you; that you are still alive is a bit of a miracle.

Frickin PR shenanigans

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 14, 2018, 12:11:49 pm »

Also @Faust can you show me who the scum team is really? Like figure out the game and make it make sense to me. If you are town, I feel like you would be able to do this by now.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 14, 2018, 12:12:55 pm »

woah iguana where did this mcmc has been scummy thing come from? We both pushed lalight which unfortunately flipped town. I actually do not think I have played a bad game, I for once don't wish I pushed harder day one, I pushed as hard as I could against the awful galz and clem wagons. Day two my reads were destroyed by the pps claim/space result, and day three I really thought lalight was scummy, I even continued doing rereads and worked up a ghacob case yesterday while everyone was doing nothing waiting for scum to join you and I and lynch lalight.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 14, 2018, 12:14:19 pm »

woah iguana where did this mcmc has been scummy thing come from? We both pushed lalight which unfortunately flipped town. I actually do not think I have played a bad game, I for once don't wish I pushed harder day one, I pushed as hard as I could against the awful galz and clem wagons. Day two my reads were destroyed by the pps claim/space result, and day three I really thought lalight was scummy, I even continued doing rereads and worked up a ghacob case yesterday while everyone was doing nothing waiting for scum to join you and I and lynch lalight.

PoE. And the thing about how scum has played a good game, so we need to look for people who are playing well right now, not people playing poorly.

Who do you think is the team?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 73  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.