Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Game over!)  (Read 231924 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #575 on: November 19, 2017, 07:46:27 pm »

Fine.
I was Draft pick 1.

Vote: Galz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 19, 2017, 07:48:51 pm »

Was really struggling with that. Trying to make a case for Galz to be town like for the last 5 days, but from his perspective I bread-crummed it pretty damn hard. No reason for him to corner me like that as Town, the whole point would of been to protect the valuable bid player. Someone please come up with an alternative because other than that I read him fairly towny.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 19, 2017, 07:50:18 pm »

I shall be waiting for the Galz full claim before claiming anything.

No. And vote: swan for trying this.

If you've got something to say, now's the time. You want me to commit? Claim bid. Think I won't claim? Lynch me if I don't.

If Swan and Dylan don't claim bid, I don't claim role, item, game or results.

just saying.
put him at L1 if he doesn't claim then hes skum anyways....
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 19, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »

Fine.
I was Draft pick 1.

Vote: Galz

Thanks. *I* knew that (well, you or Ash), but I didn't want you to be able to hold it in the guise of Ash having it.

Phone at 3% and leaving work. I'll full claim in about 45 minutes.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 19, 2017, 07:51:32 pm »

Oh, unvote now.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 19, 2017, 08:05:15 pm »

not sold.
Seriously everyone, please go back and re read in regards to this every since he claimed position 1.

Right now he got what he wanted as skum. Position 1 is outted. Yes, as it turns out we agreed to claim and that would of happened anyways, but when he started it he didn't know that.

I will wait for Full Claim I guess but the question that should be asked is "what in the hell good did him doing this as town do?" vs "what good did it do if he is skum"?

Read this in context as it is before the claim. Something tells me it is going to be important.
real good. That’s how

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 19, 2017, 08:12:46 pm »

no one is talking about full claiming anything, are they?  I mean, if people want to full claim by all means - go for it.  I don't want anyone to feel pressured to full claim on D2 though
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 19, 2017, 08:28:03 pm »

read more E!
Galz stated a few days ago that he thought it would be beneficial to Town for him to full claim his role. I said he should. WW made some snarky comment about my poor grammar. It was a delightful moment.

Hold on. He is like for real real IC right? Is there something that could exist that makes that not true?
real good. That’s how

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 19, 2017, 08:40:49 pm »

Huh. Wasn't expecting that.

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 19, 2017, 08:50:15 pm »

WW made some snarky comment about my poor grammar. It was a delightful moment.

What was this?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: November 19, 2017, 08:56:35 pm »

read more E!
Galz stated a few days ago that he thought it would be beneficial to Town for him to full claim his role. I said he should. WW made some snarky comment about my poor grammar. It was a delightful moment.

Hold on. He is like for real real IC right? Is there something that could exist that makes that not true?

E = IC

But he's not vanilla.

Otherwise we would be:

Vanilla IC E

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 19, 2017, 08:56:40 pm »

Alright, here we go:

https://quicktopic.com/50/H/qWTWzJtVZ9dLn
I am Atreides Bashar, from Dune Mafia. My powers are exactly the same as in that game:

1) I am 1-shot Bullet Proof
2) With the correct items, I can do things (Flint -> Create Fire, Pot -> Feed the Party)
3) When a player dies, I inherit their items. When I die, all items I possess are lost.

In addition, I follow the body water loss system that Ashersky implemented in that game. I start at 100% Body Water, and I lose water over time. Between 100 and 95 percent, I lose 1 percent every 72 "game-day" hours, and 1 percent every "game-night". Between 90 and 95, I lose 2 percent per cycle. Between 85 and 90 percent, I lose 3 percent per cycle. Below 85 percent, I automatically die at the end of two consecutive cycles. This is why I rushed the lynch D1.

I bid on RMM40: Stranger Things Mafia, as the most recent Mafia game that Faust did not play. I drew draft position #10.

From Draft #10, I attempted to take Slot 1, French Accent - In previous Pick Your Poison type setups, nobody had taken Doctor, and I thought my role would compliment it as I wouldn't need to worry about dying at night while Doctoring people. Sadly, I failed to win the extra role.

So when the game started, my position felt pretty mundane. I wouldn't have anything cool to do at night unless I got them via items from other players, so all I had to look forward to was finding scum - something I could do in a normal game. This was supposed to be RMM damnit!

When the suggestion was made for Draft #1 to claim, I made a snap decision to jump on it. I didn't know (still don't) if Draft #1 is town or scum, but I thought "what better opportunity to use my power effectively this game am I ever going to get?". My hope was that: If Draft #1 WAS town, they would think long and hard about counter-claiming me there.... I mean, why would scum put themselves up for a 1v1 D1? And if Draft #1 was scum, well, they could risk counter claiming me... but if I didn't back down they would be in trouble - If I was lynched they would be lined up D2.

It was risky, but I didn't really feel I could do anything more useful than that. I'm HOPING that the lack of a NK last night means that scum bought that I was Draft #1 and choose to shoot me.

Swan: The reason I went to the lengths I did D1 to shut down your dialog on the issue is that I didn't want you to tip your hand that you were Draft #1 and not me. Obviously I knew (or strongly suspected - Like I said, Ashersky kinda put himself in the same boat) that you were probably Draft #1 - but it would've defeated the purpose for that to be public knowledge.

Why did I, today, "back you into a corner"? Because I still don't know if you're town or you're scum - but I know that given the lack of a NK I've most likely served my usefulness. If I die without forcing you out and you're scum, then you skate by the entire rest of the game. Lets say I had claimed, not #1, but #10, and then Dylan claimed. You would, by PoE, know Ash's bid. It's entirely possible that scum!you could claim Ash's bid banking on him dying at night and never have to come clean on it.

As it happens, I *do* think you're town. I think the fact that PPS bid for the Sword Stick and won as the SK means that Slot 1, if scum, did NOT - and I don't see what they bid for instead unless it's to block town from getting the resurrection stone.

Speaking of PPS and the sword stick, I mentioned earlier that I could now confirm (obvious though it may have been) that PPS had the Sword Stick D1 and that it was not broken - that's because when he died it came into my possession, and immediately broke.

And that's about all I have. I'm going to look back at wagons and bids now, but I think bids #3-#5 are probably the best places to look for scum right now as I don't believe Swan is scum at #1, and PPS was SK at #2. I'm going to check and see where #3-#5 were in terms of wagons and votes D1.

If people want to vote for me I understand. LAL is certainly an acceptable thing here. I made a call, for right or wrong, and I stand by it. Given the relative weakness of my role, I'm not a huge expense to town if lynched, and I hope to have optimally served my purpose here in this game N1.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 19, 2017, 08:58:07 pm »

read more E!

Actually, yes. I've asked the MoD what would happen if an IC were converted via  Cultist or WW, and he said that no notification would be given to town, and the green text that confirms him as IC would stay.

Don't know that it's likely, but it is possible.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 19, 2017, 09:11:13 pm »

Alright, here we go:

https://quicktopic.com/50/H/qWTWzJtVZ9dLn
I am Atreides Bashar, from Dune Mafia. My powers are exactly the same as in that game:

1) I am 1-shot Bullet Proof
2) With the correct items, I can do things (Flint -> Create Fire, Pot -> Feed the Party)
3) When a player dies, I inherit their items. When I die, all items I possess are lost.

In addition, I follow the body water loss system that Ashersky implemented in that game. I start at 100% Body Water, and I lose water over time. Between 100 and 95 percent, I lose 1 percent every 72 "game-day" hours, and 1 percent every "game-night". Between 90 and 95, I lose 2 percent per cycle. Between 85 and 90 percent, I lose 3 percent per cycle. Below 85 percent, I automatically die at the end of two consecutive cycles. This is why I rushed the lynch D1.

I bid on RMM40: Stranger Things Mafia, as the most recent Mafia game that Faust did not play. I drew draft position #10.

From Draft #10, I attempted to take Slot 1, French Accent - In previous Pick Your Poison type setups, nobody had taken Doctor, and I thought my role would compliment it as I wouldn't need to worry about dying at night while Doctoring people. Sadly, I failed to win the extra role.

So when the game started, my position felt pretty mundane. I wouldn't have anything cool to do at night unless I got them via items from other players, so all I had to look forward to was finding scum - something I could do in a normal game. This was supposed to be RMM damnit!

When the suggestion was made for Draft #1 to claim, I made a snap decision to jump on it. I didn't know (still don't) if Draft #1 is town or scum, but I thought "what better opportunity to use my power effectively this game am I ever going to get?". My hope was that: If Draft #1 WAS town, they would think long and hard about counter-claiming me there.... I mean, why would scum put themselves up for a 1v1 D1? And if Draft #1 was scum, well, they could risk counter claiming me... but if I didn't back down they would be in trouble - If I was lynched they would be lined up D2.

It was risky, but I didn't really feel I could do anything more useful than that. I'm HOPING that the lack of a NK last night means that scum bought that I was Draft #1 and choose to shoot me.

Swan: The reason I went to the lengths I did D1 to shut down your dialog on the issue is that I didn't want you to tip your hand that you were Draft #1 and not me. Obviously I knew (or strongly suspected - Like I said, Ashersky kinda put himself in the same boat) that you were probably Draft #1 - but it would've defeated the purpose for that to be public knowledge.

Why did I, today, "back you into a corner"? Because I still don't know if you're town or you're scum - but I know that given the lack of a NK I've most likely served my usefulness. If I die without forcing you out and you're scum, then you skate by the entire rest of the game. Lets say I had claimed, not #1, but #10, and then Dylan claimed. You would, by PoE, know Ash's bid. It's entirely possible that scum!you could claim Ash's bid banking on him dying at night and never have to come clean on it.

As it happens, I *do* think you're town. I think the fact that PPS bid for the Sword Stick and won as the SK means that Slot 1, if scum, did NOT - and I don't see what they bid for instead unless it's to block town from getting the resurrection stone.

Speaking of PPS and the sword stick, I mentioned earlier that I could now confirm (obvious though it may have been) that PPS had the Sword Stick D1 and that it was not broken - that's because when he died it came into my possession, and immediately broke.

And that's about all I have. I'm going to look back at wagons and bids now, but I think bids #3-#5 are probably the best places to look for scum right now as I don't believe Swan is scum at #1, and PPS was SK at #2. I'm going to check and see where #3-#5 were in terms of wagons and votes D1.

If people want to vote for me I understand. LAL is certainly an acceptable thing here. I made a call, for right or wrong, and I stand by it. Given the relative weakness of my role, I'm not a huge expense to town if lynched, and I hope to have optimally served my purpose here in this game N1.

As it stands now i would of expected town or skum Galz to have a good explaination so nothing really changing about this post.
Also don’t forget fake claims.
Also BS he didn’t go water if he knew this was his role.
Aaannndddd i don’t see and upside for Town in this plan anywhwre, just how to avoid a downside.

Y’all pick it apart. He said it himself, if he is telling the truth about his role
Than he only has x longer to live anyways. If he is lying he can always say the person heat drafted water does and he therefore inherited it. He also didn’t go flint, don’t really know if that maters or not but it’s a link.

It is a brilliant thought out fake claim from the mastermind of M100.

real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 19, 2017, 09:31:23 pm »

TBF, I thought about water. But if I die before I get to that point it would've been moot anyway - and I already had a bland role for RMM. I wanted something to do, and as I said, Doctor hasn't ever been taken in PyP. Plus the fact that my role helps negate the negative of French Accent here, and it seemed like an easy choice.

As for Flint - Ashersky created Dune, the item, and the mechanic - and as he said himself, he doesn't even remember what it's supposed to do. It's not in his notes, or anywhere else (trust me, I checked lol). I asked Faust about it as well, but he wouldn't tell me more. As I have no idea what, if anything, it does, it didn't seem worth going for.

Mafia Record:

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 19, 2017, 09:45:10 pm »

But scum wouldn't want to shoot a town draft #1. The top town draft was likely to have an item that causes a scum shooting them to die...

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 19, 2017, 09:45:51 pm »

So how could you have all those thoughts and then still do something so antitown?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 19, 2017, 10:10:03 pm »

But scum wouldn't want to shoot a town draft #1. The top town draft was likely to have an item that causes a scum shooting them to die...

That's... fair.

Honestly I didn't catch the first part of what Amulet did. I knew it resurrected, but didn't see that it killed the shooter. I also, as I was not draft #1, didn't put any thought into what Town draft #1 would pick. I just figured attempting to protect draft #1 would be the best use of my power.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 19, 2017, 10:10:45 pm »

So how could you have all those thoughts and then still do something so antitown?

I didn't do anything known anti-town, unless you're suggesting to know Swan is town.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 19, 2017, 10:11:35 pm »

I didn't do anything known anti-town, unless you're suggesting to know Swan is town.

Noted everyone disregard this . Galz is the one on trial here don’t let him deflect.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 19, 2017, 10:17:37 pm »

Same logic - YOU did do something anti Town knowing i was town.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 19, 2017, 10:22:03 pm »

What's anti-town?

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 19, 2017, 10:33:15 pm »

What's anti-town?

Better question - what was to be gained for Town by you claiming pos 1 then, obviously knowing they were in claimed, calling them out at the end. As you pointed it out you clearly knew it was me. It isn’t what was anti Town. It is why go through all the effort of this to be anything but pro town?

So what was pro town Galz?

Your claim?
You forcing pos 1 to out?
Pushing for quick lynch ?(not being results oriented).
Lying to Town?

This is nonsense. 2 days down the road after person x and y are gone anyways this is just gonna come back up. There was no reason for this line. He only reason was to help and by forcing hand he took that away.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 19, 2017, 10:46:34 pm »

If Galzria had gotten the water, his role would not be that bland. He would have a chance at a new item every Day and another chance every Night. He still does, while he is alive.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 19, 2017, 10:50:32 pm »

Trying to draw the nk is a good use of the bulletproof. But why did you need to out draft 1 today? If you had been quiet you might have absorbed another nk,  which is not a bad use of your shortened life expectancy.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 16 queries.