Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 240779 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #1900 on: October 09, 2017, 04:38:25 pm »

Shit. unvote

I thought you tracked somebody else N1. Just went back and reread that. e can't have RB'd LL N1 unless you're scum with him.

I mean reaching at straws on this one... but could Skum!E not of used ninja and RB the same night? Is that allowed?

Nope, only one. And Ninja is only a kill modifier (Not role modifier)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 2
« Reply #1901 on: October 09, 2017, 08:08:17 pm »

I heard whispering in the jungle, but there were no humans to pet me...

Vote Count 4.5

faust (2): 2.71828, Qvist
Galzria (2): DatSwan, Teproc
RoadRunner7671 (1): Eevee

Not Voting (5): SpaceAnemone, RoadRunner7671, faust, O, Galzria

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Day 4 ends on October 10 at 4:00 PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 09, 2017, 08:23:03 pm »

Just noticed a factual inaccuracy faust posted a while back, because I'm doing a targeted re-read. Sorry I missed it before -- I guess I assume posts with smilies like those in the middle of the text come from unfortunate arrangements of character (the sunglasses eighth bullet-point issue) and sort of skip ery quickly over the post because I assume it'll be posted later with better formatting if it was relevant. But now I realise faust was using the weird yellow faces as fill-in-the-blank symbols..

Now I want to recheck all night actions.

(Snipping N1)

Night 2

X poisons chairs
Z kills ??? (presumably: a Candidate)
Space watches Galzria - no targeter
e does nothing (?)
Qvist uses Protector of the Island
Eevee tracks Qvist - targets are candidates
gkrieg redirects Galzria and someone (only indication for this is Space's result)

Nope, I saw both gkrieg and Qvist target Galz. That's why Galz was the only sensible person to watch last night, in case I'd witnessed the missing scum kill.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:25 pm »

Very hasty list of things that look scummy about faust for D4. It's really late and I need to have been asleep half an hour ago already.

1) Comes into D4 talking about Teproc being scummy, when we now know Teproc is one of the least likely people to be scum.
2) Huge fuss about whether the claimed masons should state their bid numbers before him. What was the point in that?
3) He's actually pointing at the LyLo thing too (#1347), while I think town!faust should have thought Galz's argument through for himself and realised it's not quite right.
4) "Please everyone give their input on whether we should force O to not force me to claim!" -- what possible town utility is there in this style of posting?
5) Being snarky at me when I don't have time to respond, even though he's done exactly the same thing at #1444, which seems very like a cornered scum sort of behaviour.
6) Being argumentative wihtout actually keeping up with the thread, like the thing highlighted by the exchange between him and DatSwan at #1489/#1490.
7) More snarkiness at #1514: it's true that e has predicted pretty much exactly what he'd said.
8) It's day 4 of the game and faust is still alive. That has to be mentioned!

Urgh.. having re-read him, I'm more than happy to go along with vote: faust.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 09, 2017, 09:19:43 pm »

I'll vote for either/both of faust and datswan, but I think those are my two preferred lynches. I also think we're not gonna get much further today.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: October 09, 2017, 10:55:23 pm »

Eevee what realistic lynch candidates are you willing to vote for?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 09, 2017, 11:38:23 pm »

vote: faust

Upon realizing my mistake regarding the tracking of e this morning, the scum team that I purposed simply doesn't work. If e is scum, Eevee is scum. And since e has been one of my most consistent scum read this game, along with the fact that I absolutely believe LL was blocked N1, that brings me to scum!e & scum!Eevee. I don't really struggle with this as, prior to today, Eevee WAS my biggest gut read to be scum.

Problem is, with Teproc grandstanding for e, he's not getting lynched. And at this point, I don't think Eevee is either. So the last thing to look for would be their partner.

That leaves RR, Faust and DatSwan. Reasonably, it could be any of them. Of those, Space is correct in that Faust sitting in Iguana's space on this team makes bidding sense. It would give scum bids of 3/4/5/73, a very reasonable spread at the lower end. Certainly I think it's more likely than Swan (4/5/23/73) and especially RR (4/5/35/73).

And lastly... well... I don't know what Faust this is. But it doesn't bring to mind any town Faust I've seen. So as the most likely other lynch to myself, and the most likely scum pairing to e and Eevee, I think that's probably where I'll end my vote.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 09, 2017, 11:41:24 pm »

Galzria, suppose faust flips scum, does that change your read on me? Or you just assume I came into the day ready and willing to bus?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 09, 2017, 11:43:52 pm »

Galzria, suppose faust flips scum, does that change your read on me? Or you just assume I came into the day ready and willing to bus?

Or...say faust flips poisoner. Would that change your read on me? I mean, he flips goon than reading it a a bussing scenario for town-cred to win the game as scum is plausible, though incorrect
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 10, 2017, 12:30:36 am »

I think scum came into today with a commanding position, looking for the kill but willing to have a completely open book.

It's possible you're not scum. It's actually a good reason to not lynch you today regardless. As you've claimed not to have used your RB, you're potentially the only player that can still prevent a death and change the game state.

Tomorrow brings more information. If Eevee is town and poisoned right now, for example, that would clear you. In fact, the point that scum didn't know who to safely poison last night is quite beneficial to us because there's a potential windfall of results between Eevee and Space, as well as Teproc/O.

I don't know, e. I've struggled this game to get solid reads. I've posted gut reads on every player still alive in my QT and I read absolutely 0 of you as town. And yet 6 of you are. It's why I'm more focused on the numbers than strictly reads. Reads this game, for me, have just been really hard. I think I've said at multiples points earlier in the game something along the lines of "I can't tell you why, but I believe 'X' is scum". That's terrible town play. I should be better able to form concrete reads, but I simply have not been able to do so.

End of story: If we're still playing tomorrow, and I'm still alive tomorrow, I'll reevaluate my reads tomorrow.

I -do- think LL was RB'd, and the only players that aren't you that could be hiding that PR are the VT's and the Masons. So if you're not scum then you should be convinced that either there is 2 scum amongst: RR/Datswan/Faust/Galz, or that the Masons are hoodwinking us.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 10, 2017, 12:38:25 am »

I think scum came into today with a commanding position, looking for the kill but willing to have a completely open book.

It's possible you're not scum. It's actually a good reason to not lynch you today regardless. As you've claimed not to have used your RB, you're potentially the only player that can still prevent a death and change the game state.

Tomorrow brings more information. If Eevee is town and poisoned right now, for example, that would clear you. In fact, the point that scum didn't know who to safely poison last night is quite beneficial to us because there's a potential windfall of results between Eevee and Space, as well as Teproc/O.

I don't know, e. I've struggled this game to get solid reads. I've posted gut reads on every player still alive in my QT and I read absolutely 0 of you as town. And yet 6 of you are. It's why I'm more focused on the numbers than strictly reads. Reads this game, for me, have just been really hard. I think I've said at multiples points earlier in the game something along the lines of "I can't tell you why, but I believe 'X' is scum". That's terrible town play. I should be better able to form concrete reads, but I simply have not been able to do so.

End of story: If we're still playing tomorrow, and I'm still alive tomorrow, I'll reevaluate my reads tomorrow.

I -do- think LL was RB'd, and the only players that aren't you that could be hiding that PR are the VT's and the Masons. So if you're not scum then you should be convinced that either there is 2 scum amongst: RR/Datswan/Faust/Galz, or that the Masons are hoodwinking us.

I think it's just incredibly likely that LL didn't perform a night kill the night after almost being lynched in a game with a tracker slot, and only JK'd someone

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: October 10, 2017, 12:39:07 am »

Vote: Space

i don't see why scum bus here.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 10, 2017, 12:40:15 am »

Just to be sure I am not taking this out of context - this is to mean that you do not see currently an option of a Space/Faust/XXX team?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 10, 2017, 12:43:05 am »

Just to be sure I am not taking this out of context - this is to mean that you do not see currently an option of a Space/Faust/XXX team?

This is to mean I see it at less likely than Space/Galz/XXX, and I see Faust as the easy+bad lynch.
Just because I can't see why Space would do it doesn't mean that Space wouldn't ever do it.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 10, 2017, 12:54:19 am »

Unless you all want to defend O/Teproc/Faust as a possible scum team I assume Galzria and Space at least admit to our Masonry.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: October 10, 2017, 03:04:05 am »

So I am pretty sure that the deadline is 11am my time. As I am a lazy ass that does not wake up until 10am or so, I will be here at the deadline and for a while before hand, but I will probably miss most interaction prior to it (as it will be middle of the night/early morning here).

Want to get my thoughts out at the conclusion of the day (Feel free to TDL;R inside the ***'s, they are just my thoughts):

Teproc and O - Masons. I believe it. Sue me.

RR - Someone said earlier in the game "the simplest explanation in Mafia is often the correct one" (or something along those lines). RR is not the simpilest explaination I guess, but IMO, if I were the poisoner, the simplest way to protect myself would to be just staying out of it.

E! - Definition of my middle man. Not saying I wouldn't be able to find a lynch on him today, but I don't think he is a best bet we have to find skum.

Space and Eevee - I think it is likely that one of these two are dirty. At first I was leaning Space purely based on the ideal that it would be harder for Eevee to create a lie based on the time that they claimed. Currently, I just don't know. The only way it really makes sense in my head is if it is either both Eevee and Space, or if skum has 2 out of the top 4 picks and they took Tracker as 3. For Space - all of the above points (as they are relevant to Space instead of Eevee) plus the fact that I believe if we think one or the other have to skum then watcher seems to have more utility for the skum team. That being said, I just gut feeling do not think it is Eevee and Space has been so helpful and towny with their posts that I could I guess see a both of them being town scenario.

Faust - I said that I think he is skum, I still pretty much think he is skum, but players that have played just so many more games with him than I seem to think that "this isn't how Skum!Faust would play". My opinion is still mine to have and I think that delaying the claim was strange and skummy, but other than that I guess I don't really have much of a skum reason for Faust.

Qivst - Unless it is like a Teproc/O fake mason claim with Qivst as the partner... Whatever, too much paranoia for that - I think he is town.

Galz - I could write mountains, but I have already said all I have to say, so I wont waste space re-capping my thoughts. He strikes me as the skummiest player around at this point. The die hard read on LL early game (maybe LL is SK or maybe they are not, but Skum!Galz can push it without relent knowing that worse case they take out a town and there is a reason it was pushed so hard), to the weird whatever type of interaction you want to call it with Iguana on Day 2, to his Day 4 over appeal to probability to make a case against me... Unless like O or Teproc somehow got lynched and flipped over as skum I do not see a Day 5 where my opinion can change on this which is why he is still my #1.

Summary:
My vote sits on Galz and I think he is the best option. Lynching Poisoner>Lynching Skum>Lynching poisoned Town>No Lynch>Lynching Town. Cearly at the point we are just searching for Skum. So, that being said...

I would not argue excessively with switching to RR or Faust.
I guess I could be convinced to switch to E! or Eevee/Space today, but not likely.
I don't see myself voting Teproc, O, Qivst.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 10, 2017, 03:16:18 am »

1) Comes into D4 talking about Teproc being scummy, when we now know Teproc is one of the least likely people to be scum.
We don't. Actually it's pretty scummy that you think Teproc is townier than Qvist.
2) Huge fuss about whether the claimed masons should state their bid numbers before him. What was the point in that?
To catch scum. Do you think claim order doesn't matter? It should be obvious that it does. It still grates me that O got to go last.
3) He's actually pointing at the LyLo thing too (#1347), while I think town!faust should have thought Galz's argument through for himself and realised it's not quite right.
It's sufficiently right to be worried. Honestly I feel like your play is mostly nitpicking irrelevant details.
4) "Please everyone give their input on whether we should force O to not force me to claim!" -- what possible town utility is there in this style of posting?
What possible scum utility is there?
8) It's day 4 of the game and faust is still alive. That has to be mentioned!
You could vote Galzria on the same grounds. Or Teproc.

It's telling that all you do to figure this game out is reread a single day from a single player.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: October 10, 2017, 03:18:51 am »

I still prefer RR who has a very good chance of flipping Poisoner, so vote: RR.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 10, 2017, 03:20:17 am »

On the other hand... I am at 4 votes, scum!Masons could quickhammer me for the win. I guess I am forced to believe they are town. In that case RR looks like not the best lynch. Vote: DatSwan

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: October 10, 2017, 05:15:21 am »

Eevee what realistic lynch candidates are you willing to vote for?
Feeling scummier on Space and Galzria now that I see where their votes landed.

vote: space

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: October 10, 2017, 06:22:40 am »

Could do Space, but I still think I prefer Galz.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: October 10, 2017, 06:33:19 am »

Could do Galz but I still think I prefer space  :P

Won't matter unless we magically get to 5:5 and the two of us have to arm wrestle to choose.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: October 10, 2017, 06:34:51 am »

Could do Galz but I still think I prefer space  :P

Won't matter unless we magically get to 5:5 and the two of us have to arm wrestle to choose.

I guess I need to vote where other townies are voting (and I don't really want to vote faust), so alright.

vote: Space
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: October 10, 2017, 06:40:28 am »

hey at least the loss is solely on me if space is town and I've been the only one pushing the lynch.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: October 10, 2017, 06:42:13 am »

hey at least the loss is solely on me if space is town and I've been the only one pushing the lynch.

Kinda depends on who is scum. If it's like e/faust/DatSwan/RR somehow, it'll be a rather impressive collective fail.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.