Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 240814 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #1550 on: October 05, 2017, 04:15:34 am »

Why did nobody take Day Vig. :( This is the situation it's actually useful.

There are still people who haven't claimed

I'm not feeling Day Vig on any of them lol. But hey, here's hoping A) I'm Wrong, and B) They're town.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: October 05, 2017, 04:15:40 am »

There is one more thing about Teproc that bothers me now. I will go back and put together all my problems with him.

Where's the O case?
If you can prove that you are town, I will reconsider my Teproc read.

It's more like you're on a suicide train to get lynched regardless, and I'm just hoping you're scum at this point.
Ah right so you don't have to justify any reads at all anymore. Proving you are town isn't going very well so far.

I really don't. I'm not getting lynched today, Teproc is not getting lynched today. I have pretty high confidence in it actually.

Even though our masonry isn't claimed at the perfect time it's still more legitimate and townie looking than many people's behavior so far.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: October 05, 2017, 04:15:54 am »

I guess there is no use in talking to e. What are the thoughts of the rest of you? We've heard plenty from e.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: October 05, 2017, 04:19:08 am »

Yeah, I said "goon" not "VT" - I meant the same thing. Vanilla whatever
Yay you. SO you think I'm the Poisoner? You think I put myself completely unnecessarily in a position that gives much more spotlight to me?

Maybe not the poisoner. Scums entire game revolves around the poisoner. I think scum bid 3,4,5,8,15. They wanted that poisoner role. I think you are the second line of defense behind iguana.

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that
Why those numbers? You do realize that 3 is actually a worse bid than 42 in term of which number comes first?

Yes. If 42 is unique.
No, also if both are unique.

If 3 bids exist: 42, 42, 3. The bid on 3 is better. If two bids exist: 42, 3. The bid on 42 is better.

You want unique lost numbers. But secondary to that is unique numbers.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: October 05, 2017, 04:19:21 am »

I guess there is no use in talking to e. What are the thoughts of the rest of you? We've heard plenty from e.

Guess so
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: October 05, 2017, 04:19:33 am »

Eevee, why didn't you track the claimed Poisoner N1? Or the claimed JK?
I hummed and hawed over it for a long time, but in the end basically thought those would be the plays scum would expect and plan for.

For Iguana, I just really didn't think he was scum, and thought that tracking him would give me just information that I was going to get one day later anyways. I didn't even consider scum might have done something like this.

LL, I thought I wouldn't catch scum because he was such an obvious target. I thought that there was so much heat on him he'd probably make sure to have his target match his claim. I hoped I would find scum going for a surprise target, not someone they would expect me to track.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: October 05, 2017, 04:20:06 am »

Yay you. SO you think I'm the Poisoner? You think I put myself completely unnecessarily in a position that gives much more spotlight to me?

Maybe not the poisoner. Scums entire game revolves around the poisoner. I think scum bid 3,4,5,8,15. They wanted that poisoner role. I think you are the second line of defense behind iguana.

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that
Why those numbers? You do realize that 3 is actually a worse bid than 42 in term of which number comes first?

Yes. If 42 is unique.

If 3 bids exist: 42, 42, 3. The bid on 3 is better. If two bids exist: 42, 3. The bid on 42 is better.

Yes, so I repeat my question: Why those numbers? aside from the fact that I bid one of them and you want to paint me scummy.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: October 05, 2017, 04:22:08 am »

I hummed and hawed over it for a long time, but in the end basically thought those would be the plays scum would expect and plan for.

For Iguana, I just really didn't think he was scum, and thought that tracking him would give me just information that I was going to get one day later anyways. I didn't even consider scum might have done something like this.

LL, I thought I wouldn't catch scum because he was such an obvious target. I thought that there was so much heat on him he'd probably make sure to have his target match his claim. I hoped I would find scum going for a surprise target, not someone they would expect me to track.

These are all legitimately terrible explanations.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: October 05, 2017, 04:22:10 am »

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that

Yes. If 42 is unique.

Yes, so I repeat my question: Why those numbers? aside from the fact that I bid one of them and you want to paint me scummy.

Because they are the two low lost numbers and the two low non-lost numbers with a delta of 1.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: October 05, 2017, 04:23:33 am »

Giant pointless discussion that's not 1/10th as relevant as Eevee's explanation

pls

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: October 05, 2017, 04:23:39 am »

I think they are perfectly townie reasons.

Think about it. Iguana very likely did not do the kill N1. Eevee investigates, sees iguana do nothing and confirms he is a good town poisoner who didn't vig

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 05, 2017, 04:24:35 am »

I am very convinced that eevee is town at this point

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 05, 2017, 04:24:43 am »

My thoughts are pretty open right now. Question everyone and everything.

I want quite badly to believe O and Teproc are scum. There are a number of things that put them in that column. There's also a number of things that make them likely town. First and foremost: They claimed unprovoked today prior to a Tracker and Watcher claim. They can't all 4 be scum, so that's incredibly dangerous if scum.

I could see an Eevee/Space/Qvist team. But then we have a lost Mafia Kill N2.

You're more combative than I'm used to. Don't know what to make of a Faust that goes against the grain. Half of me wants you to be town. The other half can't stop going "Damn, that shit's scummy".

RR and DatSwan and e... I don't know. Probably scum there... But I wouldn't know where to begin to pick.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 05, 2017, 04:24:50 am »

Eevee* going for Tracker at slot 13

That spot had candidate cop and tracker. Tracker is useful to town, whereas for scum it's only use is to appear townie. Candidate cop is a really weak role in my opinion.

Tracker is strong enough that town wants it in play. Draft position 13 is a great place to make sure the role is in play, but I don't think that role is a priority for town to jump at. I really like eevee going for it at 13. Working for town utility not just random town knowledge.
This is to the dot what I was thinking! Also that if I get it, it would be one of the more fun roles to play.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 05, 2017, 04:25:31 am »

Yeah, I have no particular issue with Eevee's tracking choices.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 05, 2017, 04:26:04 am »

Are you saying you don’t believe Galz uniquely bid 42?

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that

Yes. If 42 is unique.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: October 05, 2017, 04:27:05 am »

Are you saying you don’t believe Galz uniquely bid 42?

Sorry, 4 scum. 3,4,5,8

Or something like that

Yes. If 42 is unique.
Phone sorry - are you saying you don’t think Galz 42 was unique?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 05, 2017, 04:27:45 am »

I think they are perfectly townie reasons.

Think about it. Iguana very likely did not do the kill N1. Eevee investigates, sees iguana do nothing and confirms he is a good town poisoner who didn't vig

The probabilities/WIFOM there are all fine and dandy but the alternative is, of course, picking randomly from a crowd and hoping it sticks AND is somehow useful.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 05, 2017, 04:28:07 am »

Eevee* going for Tracker at slot 13

That spot had candidate cop and tracker. Tracker is useful to town, whereas for scum it's only use is to appear townie. Candidate cop is a really weak role in my opinion.

Tracker is strong enough that town wants it in play. Draft position 13 is a great place to make sure the role is in play, but I don't think that role is a priority for town to jump at. I really like eevee going for it at 13. Working for town utility not just random town knowledge.
This is to the dot what I was thinking! Also that if I get it, it would be one of the more fun roles to play.
Tracker is useful for scum the same way that Rolecop is useful for scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 05, 2017, 04:28:35 am »

Phone sorry - are you saying you don’t think Galz 42 was unique?

I was strictly theory talking. It was not on my mind at all that galzria bid 42

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 05, 2017, 04:31:54 am »

As fun as it's been boys and girls, it's bed time for Galzria! 1:30am and I have a long day of work ahead of me tomorrow. Look forward to the rest of the claims and more discussion.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 05, 2017, 04:32:13 am »

My thoughts are pretty open right now. Question everyone and everything.

I want quite badly to believe O and Teproc are scum. There are a number of things that put them in that column. There's also a number of things that make them likely town. First and foremost: They claimed unprovoked today prior to a Tracker and Watcher claim. They can't all 4 be scum, so that's incredibly dangerous if scum.

I could see an Eevee/Space/Qvist team. But then we have a lost Mafia Kill N2.

You're more combative than I'm used to. Don't know what to make of a Faust that goes against the grain. Half of me wants you to be town. The other half can't stop going "Damn, that shit's scummy".

RR and DatSwan and e... I don't know. Probably scum there... But I wouldn't know where to begin to pick.

What is the Nash Equilibrium of risking 2 scum when you're at LYLO with a 7-3 split?

What is the % modifier on that for the choice to either do it with trackers/watchers out, or for neither of us to have taken an action thus far?

Yea it's a play that can be made and should be sometimes by some theoretical model that I'm definitely not going to bother figuring out. Like 5-10% of the time. This is not one of those times.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: October 05, 2017, 04:34:28 am »

Galzria; why are you so keen on conspiracy theories when we still have people unclaimed?

Like, RR is super scummy and no one is talking about him for example. Very easy to datswan, faust or galzria as scum as well.

Those feel more likely than this being a complicated mason bluff from scum, but I really appreciate the mason-rereads happening. No reason not to investigate there, but I wouldn't forgo the more traditional explanations, even though it would be way cooler to lynch a mason and be right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 05, 2017, 04:36:53 am »

Well, RR is up for claiming, but I doubt we will get it for another few hours at least

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: October 05, 2017, 04:37:14 am »

to be fair, if you guys were scum and knew mason was a safe claim, it's pretty great for you because you'd surely not expect to get lynched. but with at least a tracker and possibly also a watcher in the game, could scum have been sure enough that they weren't seen somewhere to go for this and risk their excellent position?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 20 queries.