Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 240778 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #1325 on: October 04, 2017, 12:01:56 am »

I am not surprised people didn't realize iguana wasn't the poisoner

One person, sure. But I'm quite surprised they didn't manage to realize it collectively. Especially Teproc. Doesn't seem like his MO to overlook something like that.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 04, 2017, 12:04:44 am »

I am not surprised people didn't realize iguana wasn't the poisoner

One person, sure. But I'm quite surprised they didn't manage to realize it collectively. Especially Teproc. Doesn't seem like his MO to overlook something like that.

Yeah, but maybe being obvious to him they didn't talk about it? I don't know.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 04, 2017, 12:06:18 am »

I don't think the masons are our lynch of choice at this point though
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 04, 2017, 12:41:00 am »

Yeah, I think we played fairly well so far and still are in terrible spot.
I am pretty confident Galzria is town.
Eevee looks more and more scummy. The whole "not realizing that the Poisoner didn't get killed" sounded a bit forced, additionally to the whole weird different behaviour in comparism to the limited experience I have with him.

I also did not realize until today that the poisoner didn't die, if that means anything.

Really? Between you and Teproc that detail never came up?

So... probably paranoia talking here, but this is a moderately good point at minimum

I have actually changed my opinion on this slightly. Re read the short D3.
FWIW - O did not post at all from what I can see and at the end they were not voting either.

I think this makes it more likely that he was just not around for those hours and never spoke to Teproc (assuming they are Masons).
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 04, 2017, 02:04:20 am »

Eevee looks more and more scummy. The whole "not realizing that the Poisoner didn't get killed" sounded a bit forced, additionally to the whole weird different behaviour in comparism to the limited experience I have with him.

I also did not realize until today that the poisoner didn't die, if that means anything.

So... probably paranoia talking here, but this is a moderately good point at minimum

FWIW - O did not post at all from what I can see and at the end they were not voting either.

I think this makes it more likely that he was just not around for those hours and never spoke to Teproc (assuming they are Masons).

I did not post in the mason QT during day 3 until this morning, at which point I read "we're at Lylo" and figured it out. Completely missed the third day because it happened so quickly.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 04, 2017, 02:08:40 am »

we're at LYLO being galzria's post, for the record. Not that it would matter if I claimed it was Teproc in the QT, but it wasnt.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 04, 2017, 02:41:51 am »

I did not post in the mason QT during day 3 until this morning, at which point I read "we're at Lylo" and figured it out. Completely missed the third day because it happened so quickly.

So... you didn't check there all of D3... or N3? Effectively, you didn't check the game for 3 days?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 04, 2017, 02:50:59 am »

So... you didn't check there all of D3... or N3? Effectively, you didn't check the game for 3 days?

I checked the game and saw (and misread!) the flip. I did skip out on Mason QT during that time, in which there's a very neglected Teproc dutifully keeping me up to date with a full page of content.

I did get yelled at for this.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 04, 2017, 02:56:20 am »

So... Here's where it falls through for me. And maybe I'm wrong. But I just find it hard to believe that you guys wouldn't have noticed the flip - even if you weren't there during the lynch, the Mason QT never closes. So you could have (and I can't believe that you wouldn't have) continued discussing at night.

----------

"Masons -- Jin and Sun Kwon

You are a Mason!

After the draft is finished, a random Vanilla Crash Survivor will become a fellow Mason. (If there are no VTs left, which is technically possible though unlikely, a random townie with a PR will be chosen. This townie will retain that PR and become a Mason.) You are confirmed town to each other. You will receive a QT with this player. This QT remains open at all times."

Mafia Record:

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 04, 2017, 03:07:12 am »

I noticed, but O really didn't show up at all in the mason QT in all of rhe Day3/Night3 cycle. I had him prodded even.

Yes, O and I will ful claim at the end.

I don't see whu e and Gal are so bent o  telling scim exactly what they're expecting.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: October 04, 2017, 03:08:23 am »

Phoneposting: I am not great at it.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 04, 2017, 03:11:45 am »

So... Here's where it falls through for me. And maybe I'm wrong. But I just find it hard to believe that you guys wouldn't have noticed the flip - even if you weren't there during the lynch, the Mason QT never closes. So you could have (and I can't believe that you wouldn't have) continued discussing at night.

----------

"Masons -- Jin and Sun Kwon

You are a Mason!

After the draft is finished, a random Vanilla Crash Survivor will become a fellow Mason. (If there are no VTs left, which is technically possible though unlikely, a random townie with a PR will be chosen. This townie will retain that PR and become a Mason.) You are confirmed town to each other. You will receive a QT with this player. This QT remains open at all times."

Scum!Galz thinking he senses weakness and going for the kill...?

1. What incentive does scum!O have to make this crap up? Like actually what am I doing, defending poisoner!Eevee?
2. It was 4 days including a weekend. I wasn't V/LA per se, but I had shit to do and the QT wasn't exactly on the top of my mind.
3. Since I am a mason, and not scum, I also have access to day chat. This makes night conversations substantially less important... anything I can say at night can be said with pretty much as effectiveness during the day, since we aren't PRs.

More effective, actually since we have the flip in the day... no use embarrassing myself with middle-of-the-night scum predictions like Teproc has  ;D when I can wait for the flips and have him be entirely wrong.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 04, 2017, 06:17:23 am »

I think galzria is townie pushing back on o like he is. As someone who has had a shared at (as scum) it is perfectly normal that a player just kind of.... ignores that qt.  I don't see anything uber suspicious about O through the whole process

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 04, 2017, 06:18:32 am »

I don't see whu e and Gal are so bent o  telling scim exactly what they're expecting.

I don't have a mason at to theorize in, so I theorize in the main thread.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 04, 2017, 06:41:14 am »

I do not think the supposed Masons should get away with claiming last.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 04, 2017, 06:42:08 am »

I want whoever of them actually bid for the thing to claim bid and draft order as soon as possible.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 04, 2017, 06:58:33 am »

I want whoever of them actually bid for the thing to claim bid and draft order as soon as possible.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 04, 2017, 06:59:35 am »

On a more serious note: go ahead and make the case for scum!Teproc/o. Bear in mind that there is a Poisoner targeting someone every night and iguana probably wasn't doing the kills, right ? And Tracker, Watcher and Rolecop are all things in this setup.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 04, 2017, 07:01:57 am »

I'd rather you waited for the massclaim to happen first. You have a QT. Have fun theorizing there in the meantime. Or discuss the possibility of O and I being scum, the sooner we get all of that out of the way the better.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 04, 2017, 07:02:56 am »

Could the poisoner have killed and poisoned, or not?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 04, 2017, 07:04:58 am »

I'd rather you waited for the massclaim to happen first. You have a QT. Have fun theorizing there in the meantime. Or discuss the possibility of O and I being scum, the sooner we get all of that out of the way the better.

Meh, I think you two are town.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 04, 2017, 07:06:52 am »

Could the poisoner have killed and poisoned, or not?

Based on the setup, yes. I haven't asked the mod that specific question though

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 04, 2017, 07:09:52 am »

On a more serious note: go ahead and make the case for scum!Teproc/o. Bear in mind that there is a Poisoner targeting someone every night and iguana probably wasn't doing the kills, right ? And Tracker, Watcher and Rolecop are all things in this setup.
I'm not sure why the burden of proof is on me here. You are asking us to clear to players as town in LyLo. You should do everything in your power to prove yourselves as town.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 04, 2017, 07:12:06 am »

I'm not sure why the burden of proof is on me here. You are asking us to clear to players as town in LyLo. You should do everything in your power to prove yourselves as town.

I have done that by claiming Mason before anything else happened. It's hard for me to imagine scenarios where we're that comfortable doing that as scum and yet could be tripped by having to claim bid/draft order first. I can however envision scenarios where scum would want to have that information before having to claim themselves.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 04, 2017, 08:27:11 am »

I have done that by claiming Mason before anything else happened. It's hard for me to imagine scenarios where we're that comfortable doing that as scum and yet could be tripped by having to claim bid/draft order first. I can however envision scenarios where scum would want to have that information before having to claim themselves.
You have claimed Mason yes, but if I recall correctly you did not want O to claim just yet.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.464 seconds with 16 queries.