Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36  All

Author Topic: M104: Mafia Games Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 92562 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M104: Mafia Games Mafia (D2)
« Reply #600 on: July 27, 2017, 08:16:24 pm »

Should Awaclus have gotten town points for being I believe the first to suggest Vig claiming to be IC? Seems like a pretty protown plan the way it has worked so far, unless he was playing the long game and just wanted to know who it was to nk it later, maybe post cop claim/pre vig shot.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 27, 2017, 08:32:56 pm »

Good call.  If we lynch mafia today, I think the Vig could consider shooting, maybe TWMing it.
Shoot me? Shooooot meee?

I think he meant the whole probability based use, but my first reading was to shoot you also haha.

Yes, that is what I meant.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 27, 2017, 08:33:09 pm »

Should Awaclus have gotten town points for being I believe the first to suggest Vig claiming to be IC? Seems like a pretty protown plan the way it has worked so far, unless he was playing the long game and just wanted to know who it was to nk it later, maybe post cop claim/pre vig shot.

Yes, he should.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 27, 2017, 08:36:17 pm »

Vote: cuzz
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 27, 2017, 08:58:02 pm »

Yes, he should.

How about someone who isn't Awaclus's heir shares their thoughts.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 27, 2017, 09:12:08 pm »

Dylan do you agree that your presence makes outlandish or unusual play to be less likely from scum?

My thought is that if you are around and going to shoot scum is less likely to be a player that makes waves and drives everyone nuts. Hence my thought on awaclus. If he were mafia, I think he would have been a bit less of his usual self, that drives much of town nuts (side note, I personally have developed more of a respect for his play at times) out of concern that you might just decide to kill him off during the night.

Can't think that this applied to anyone else though. Maybe schadd? He doesnt seem to have changed at all.

I don't think scum worries about Vig too much. They are about as likely to help them as hurt.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 27, 2017, 09:16:09 pm »

Vote: Cuzz

I claim IC privilege on not giving reasons for now.

PPE 1

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 27, 2017, 11:15:37 pm »

so yeah imna look at the wagon votes from yesterday at some point but i don't feel like it now and   might     not              ever
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

luckat

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: luckat
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 28, 2017, 01:35:39 am »

I don't have time right now to post much, and I'm going to be busy this weekend, so sorry in advance if I don't say much.

I doubt both remaining scum were on the IDP wagon: I'd guess either there's one on and one off or both off. So looking most closely at those who were off is a good idea (for today, at least). That means Cuzz, schadd, e, TWM, and mcmcsalot.

I've been getting townie vibes from TWM and I was for mcmcsalot too, at least earlier (I probably need to reread D1 though), so I'd rather look at the others first.

Cuzz looks a bit suspicious, as other have pointed out, but he already has three votes on him.

e wasn't really on much toward the end of D1. He only voted for schadd during D1, at that without real explanation. I'm not really suspicious of him, but I'm not really townreading him either.

schadd had a single vote on QS all of D1, never changing it. He was present for the wagon, and, well, there's this post shortly before Dylan hammered:

yeah intent

i kind of want to be not voting him because i think he will flip town and then people will observe "hey, schadd wasn't voting for that guy who was town" though

It just seems weird to me. Like, if he's town, he's saying he'll push the lynch through on someone he mistakenly thinks is town, while also thinking about how he'll look afterward. But if he's scum, he's trying to make it look like he's town by being wrong about the upcoming flip and expressing willingness to lynch someone who will be revealed as scum, while also avoiding actually voting for his partner. I'm mostly just confused by him right now.

vote: schadd

I feel like I shouldn't just ignore the people who were on the wagon, but I'm too tired to look at them right now.

Anyway, on another topic:

Yes. I apologize. I had missed that rule. I should have written them in a PM to myself instead.

No, you shouldn't have done that at all. That's exactly what the rule is designed to prevent.

Wait, there's a rule against composing and storing a post in a place only you have access to and posting it later? Because that's what it looks like Awaclus is saying here. I thought that rule was designed to prevent proving the role/alignment the mod gave you or proving in-game communication with other people based on exact wording or something similar.

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 28, 2017, 06:12:04 am »

Good call.  If we lynch mafia today, I think the Vig could consider shooting, maybe TWMing it.
Shoot me? Shooooot meee?

Doesn't look like these two are teamed unless its an act and its kinda OTT for an act.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 28, 2017, 08:45:49 am »

Sorry for D2 radio silence! I'm VLA, which took me a bit by surprise. Other than checking I'm not dead, I'm not very up-to-date on what's going on.

On the plus side, I'm about to be on trains, so I've made an offline copy to keep me occupied in transit. No idea how much posting/analysis time I'll have over the weekend, but I'll be reading along on my phone a couple of times a day minimum. Home Sunday night with enough time to get at least an hour of internetting time in before sleep-time, assuming trains and rail replacement bus services are on time. (This is not a safe assumption to make in the UK...).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 28, 2017, 08:45:57 am »

The suspicion of me is reasonable, just misguided. Everything people have said about my D1 behavior is in the context of me being town and unreasonably biased towards thinking Robz is scum in every game. Hence me not wanting to vote idp--I was suspicious of idp, mostly for being lurky, but when it was Robz pushing the wagon I hesitated to join.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 28, 2017, 09:12:33 am »

Wait, there's a rule against composing and storing a post in a place only you have access to and posting it later? Because that's what it looks like Awaclus is saying here. I thought that rule was designed to prevent proving the role/alignment the mod gave you or proving in-game communication with other people based on exact wording or something similar.

There were incidents (over several games) involving qt usage and what constituted fair/unfair usage. Different mods deal with it in different ways. In this game, just don't quote from your qt. You can write all the thoughts you want in them, just when you post those thoughts here don't reference them as being from your qt. You can post your own original thoughts verbatim, but obviously paraphrase mod supplied information.

Basically, just play the game and don't try to cheat/gain unfair advantages. It's not a big deal, but you can look up the history of how the ruling came about here on this forum if you want (I don't remember the specific game(s) involved).
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 28, 2017, 09:13:32 am »

That being said, travel day! Going up to see my sister who just had twins last night

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 28, 2017, 09:44:04 am »

That being said, travel day! Going up to see my sister who just had twins last night
Twin claim.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: M104: Mafia Games Mafia (D1)
« Reply #615 on: July 28, 2017, 01:11:08 pm »

Phone post so please excuse a lack of quotes and formatting. I don't like what Quicksync and TWM have been doing the most. Eevee didn't give me much to go off of and WW didn't change that too much. Schadd and Awaclus remind me of themselves so townish on schadd and I don't know how to read Awaclus at all. Mcmc seems reminiscent of either M94 or M96, whichever one he wasn't the scum inventor in (I forget which it was. It's been a while), so I'm inclined to lean town. I don't remember much from Space so no comment there either. Luckat hasn't been that vocal either. Dylan's our IC, so naturally he's town. I like what Cuzz has posted. I don't remember much from e either and Robz has been getting a lot of attention but I don't think it's scum driven.

I'd put QS in my lynch pool, but I think that's based on my dislike of his early posts and the way he seemed to be going about the game rather than any scum read. TWM is V/LA so I'd rather not lynch him but I will to get a lynch through.

So my pool is basically Robz, luckat, or Space with a maybe on TWM. I'm not sure where I'll be at the deadline (and probably should have said I'd be V/LA rather than semi-V/LA). I don't know how well lurker lynches go, so I'll vote: Robz and try to check in later, but no guarantees.

PPE: 2

parsing out this post from IDPTG into something more referable

Want to lynch: Robz, luckat, space
Would lynch: QS, TWM
Null: WW, schadd, e
Town read: Awaclus (mentions him twice, huh?), mcmc, Dylan, Cuzz

I would guess there is one partner in the want-would lynch area and one in the null-town area. All players in his would/want to lynch area were on his wagon except for me.

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 28, 2017, 01:15:42 pm »

Phone post so please excuse a lack of quotes and formatting. I don't like what Quicksync and TWM have been doing the most. Eevee didn't give me much to go off of and WW didn't change that too much. Schadd and Awaclus remind me of themselves so townish on schadd and I don't know how to read Awaclus at all. Mcmc seems reminiscent of either M94 or M96, whichever one he wasn't the scum inventor in (I forget which it was. It's been a while), so I'm inclined to lean town. I don't remember much from Space so no comment there either. Luckat hasn't been that vocal either. Dylan's our IC, so naturally he's town. I like what Cuzz has posted. I don't remember much from e either and Robz has been getting a lot of attention but I don't think it's scum driven.

I'd put QS in my lynch pool, but I think that's based on my dislike of his early posts and the way he seemed to be going about the game rather than any scum read. TWM is V/LA so I'd rather not lynch him but I will to get a lynch through.

So my pool is basically Robz, luckat, or Space with a maybe on TWM. I'm not sure where I'll be at the deadline (and probably should have said I'd be V/LA rather than semi-V/LA). I don't know how well lurker lynches go, so I'll vote: Robz and try to check in later, but no guarantees.

I would guess there is one partner in the want-would lynch area and one in the null-town area. All players in his would/want to lynch area were on his wagon except for me.

Ugh, your reads look horrible...

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 28, 2017, 01:17:02 pm »

Ugh, your reads look horrible...
Dude. Those aren't my reads. They were IDPTG's. I am just putting them in a format that is easier to go back and read quickly.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 28, 2017, 01:17:31 pm »

Seriously. Robz is dead and I am voting for Cuzz. How could those even be my reads?

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 28, 2017, 02:24:53 pm »

Seriously. Robz is dead and I am voting for Cuzz. How could those even be my reads?

I am just too much of a special snowflake, I guess.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 28, 2017, 04:36:36 pm »

Or you are more ready to pounce on any perceived mistake or unusual post than you are at actually looking at the substance and context?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 28, 2017, 04:39:04 pm »

But here are my actual reads at the moment. Still need to go back and do a better reread. Feel free to judge these:

Town Won't Lynch: Dylan, luckat, ashersky (Awaclus)
Townier but not as townie: WW, Space
Would lynch: 2.7, schadd, QS
Want to lynch: mcmc, Cuzz

QuickSync

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 28, 2017, 04:50:02 pm »

Or you are more ready to pounce on any perceived mistake or unusual post than you are at actually looking at the substance and context?

Pretty much, yeah.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 28, 2017, 08:10:47 pm »

I still need to do a solid reread and am going to be vla most of this weekend
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 28, 2017, 11:24:24 pm »

As for the cuzz case I'm not sure it's super strong either.

So I want to use this post as a spring board of my understanding about Cuzz, even though it is from mcmc and not Cuzz.

A lot of your case seems to hinge on the fact that you find it scummy of cuzz to support the idp lynch but still want the case from robz.
I would say this is incorrect. My read on Cuzz is based on him repeatedly stating he wanted to lynch IDPTG, but never actually voting for him. That is a baseline reason for suspicion.

And then you think cuzz's eventual reason for supporting the idp lynch is lame.
I don't think Cuzz ever ended up supporting the IDPTG wagon. For me, support is a vote. He never voted, never encouraged anyone else to vote and only ever detracted from the wagon. So I don't know how you can say he supported it.

But isn't it just weak, hence him wanting robz to make his case more clear because maybe he was still debating if he found robz or twm scummier than lurky idp.
Sure. Maybe he is town that was super suspicious of Robz. Or maybe he really thought I was a better lynch. Those are possible explanations. I just don't think them any more likely than Cuzz being IDPTG's partner.

Robz, I will admit, I thought was being scummy. I honestly don't know what I would have done if I were in the game, but when I am town, I do try and keep my reads separate from how my scum reads are reading. Because that just isn't an accurate barometer of the game at all because my own reads are likely to be questionable by themselves.

And yes, making cases is often a good idea. But again. It wasn't like Cuzz was coming in with a town read on IDPTG and was needing to be convinced. He already was scum reading him. In the late game. When we needed a lynch to go through and a bunch of people were VLA. He put up a stop sign on a lynch that he previously said he would support. If it had derailed would there have even been a lynch? Hypothetical. But possibly.

Also the specific pairing of idp and Lucat which cuzz did I think is because at the time idp and lukat had been voting for eachother all day which meant it was unlikely both were scum but possible one was scum sitting on a towny. It's actually a good point to make that it's unlikely Lucat is scum.
But Cuzz doesn't even state that as a reason. So you are literally putting words in his mouth. He said what he said, which was that they were both lurkers. Which I called lame. That is what he said. That isn't a reason to think one of two is scum. It makes me think he had knowledge that one or two was scum and when pushed up to actually back that up when IDPTG had a couple of votes he just came up with something lame and said that because there wasn't anything else he could say. He literally said "strong suspicion" and then when asked said "I just think there is always scum among the lurkiest players." That isn't reason to warrant "strong suspicion."

So yeah. I am keeping my vote on Cuzz. It is a good lynch. I have strong suspicion he is scum. See above to know why.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.