Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423368 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 5
« Reply #3600 on: June 12, 2017, 01:21:13 pm »

Unfortunately, some things that work out quite mysteriously in timing make me think the LaLight bit of ash's speech may have been genuine.

It is also a breach of the civility pledge.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: June 12, 2017, 01:22:31 pm »

Anyone else believe the Jake kill strongly implies that Galzria is town? If sucm had roleblocking capabilities, I'd think they would rather kill an IC.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: June 12, 2017, 01:44:37 pm »

Unfortunately, some things that work out quite mysteriously in timing make me think the LaLight bit of ash's speech may have been genuine.

I really don't feel comfortable speculating on this topic. It appears he's still in this game so I feel that discussion of this is out of place at this time. I'll weigh his merits on being scum based solely on in game play.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: June 12, 2017, 02:58:13 pm »

Hi.

I am back from vla, too exhausted, too sleepy. Ash's post is despise-worthy, i don't know who might do such a thing even if they is scum. I am not scum, so it double-offended me actually. But i stay in the game.

I will post something tomorrow.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: June 12, 2017, 03:00:06 pm »

Oh and this is really scummy post. Just to be clear, "some things" have something to do with ash's speech, but it's only one of the reasons and not the main one. Let's not.

Thank you.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: June 12, 2017, 03:20:35 pm »

Oh and this is really scummy post. Just to be clear, "some things" have something to do with ash's speech, but it's only one of the reasons and not the main one. Let's not.

Thank you.
Sorry. It's just too much of an elephant in the room; it will affect my reads whether I want it or not.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: June 12, 2017, 03:21:37 pm »

I mean, we should lynch iguana today anyway. Vote: iguana

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: June 12, 2017, 03:39:31 pm »

Anyone else believe the Jake kill strongly implies that Galzria is town? If sucm had roleblocking capabilities, I'd think they would rather kill an IC.
Who's the IC?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: June 12, 2017, 03:52:08 pm »

Who's the IC?
Awaclus and Jimmmmm.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: June 12, 2017, 03:54:58 pm »

Who's the IC?
Awaclus and Jimmmmm.
Jimmmmm?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: June 12, 2017, 04:00:37 pm »

Who's the IC?
Awaclus and Jimmmmm.
Jimmmmm?

we only had one claim on Eevee's lover, a town aligned role.

At least pretty sure that was jimmmmmm

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: June 12, 2017, 04:08:16 pm »

Who's the IC?
Awaclus and Jimmmmm.
Jimmmmm?

we only had one claim on Eevee's lover, a town aligned role.

At least pretty sure that was jimmmmmm

Yeah, it was Jim.

I have a final today and tomorrow, but then I'm free from school!  I'm going to reread all claim-related things after that to try to wrap my mind around everything that has been happening.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: June 12, 2017, 04:34:22 pm »

Vote: Space

Scum would know this a lot better than town would.  Vote: ashersky I think that's L-3.

I'm really busy again over the next couple of days.

PPE L-2

I think at this point, the main people who want to run up a speedy wagon are the scums desperate to get to nighttime again so they can drop another townie and work out how to survive the massclaim. For everyone else, there will be more information to vote on if we go through with the claiming than there is available now.

#2182] -- I'm not quite sure where O is going with this.

multiple subtle attempts to derail the Ashersky wagon without mentioning Ashersky.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: June 12, 2017, 04:36:43 pm »

everyone should could consider rereading D3 and seeing exactly how the Ashersky wagon went nowhere. From my perspective d3 it was pretty obvious he was scum, and now thanks to the magic of post-lynch flips you all can pretend it was too!

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: June 12, 2017, 04:37:41 pm »

D2 AND D3 my apologies. Mostly D2, then D3 until we had e's ridiculous claiming situation.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: June 12, 2017, 04:45:51 pm »

D2 AND D3 my apologies. Mostly D2, then D3 until we had e's ridiculous claiming situation.

Totally off-the-walls theory, but what if RR counterclaimed e just to postpone ash's lynch?  It's a stupid idea, though.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: June 12, 2017, 04:53:44 pm »

Scum would know this a lot better than town would.  Vote: ashersky I think that's L-3.

I'm really busy again over the next couple of days.

PPE L-2

I think at this point, the main people who want to run up a speedy wagon are the scums desperate to get to nighttime again so they can drop another townie and work out how to survive the massclaim. For everyone else, there will be more information to vote on if we go through with the claiming than there is available now.

#2182] -- I'm not quite sure where O is going with this.

multiple subtle attempts to derail the Ashersky wagon without mentioning Ashersky.

Really? I was pushing for an ash lynch in spite of the fact I know iguana is scum because I wanted ash out of the picture more!

I admit, I'm surprised he flipped goon and not some other PR, because I distinctly recall predicting that ash was the more high-value target because of the way iguana seemed to be trying to push the 1-v-1 between him and me instead of do what I thought was the much more logical thing and push the wagon everyone else would agree on. For example, here's my position at #3576, at which point I'm on the ash wagon and actively asking to hear why others won't tip it past L-1:

Interesting note on the last two voters for Ash:

Iguana and Space.

If Ash is scum then one of them is now likely bussing.

I've been saying I want to lynch ash for most of the day already, haven't I? The main reason I bothered voting iguana at all was that I didn't want to run the ash wagon to completion till after the claims had come out and been discussed. I think they're both scum, but I think ash is the higher-value target, and he's certainly the easier one to convince everyone else of.

My impression right now is that most of you only think he and I are around 50/50 each. A couple of people have opined that I'm townier now, but mcmc was still scumreading me when he died, in spite of the fact I'd totally driven D3's claiming exercise that outed e and ash, so that's not the greatest endorsement. I don't expect the head-to-head to go entirely smoothly, especially since I was so lost in the early game, and people often scumread me for stuff like that.

I do think that most people must be above 75% on ash being scum by now... and if not, I'd really like to hear about why that is. My hunch is that at least some of the people who're not voting are abstaining because they're not up to date with the game and having actually absorbed what's going on yet.

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: June 12, 2017, 04:55:02 pm »

I mean, we should lynch iguana today anyway. Vote: iguana

^^^

Vote: iguana
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: June 12, 2017, 05:02:24 pm »

@space clearly i'm not referring to day 4, where the actions taken are quite irrelevant as (as you can see by the votes) scum either lurked or bussed Ashersky with us. I'm referring to days 2 and 3.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: June 12, 2017, 05:04:04 pm »

Thank you.
Sorry. It's just too much of an elephant in the room; it will affect my reads whether I want it or not.

Don't overlook the fact that LaLight had posted a total VLA announcement on 8th June covering 10th-13th June. Ash's post wasn't made until 10th June, when the timing of LL's "conveniently-timed" absence would be available for anyone to read.

I feel really unhappy about ash's post, the motives behind it, and the breach of the civility pledge. But given how nasty it was, I feel no qualms whatsoever about assuming the worst from ash and giving LL the benefit of the doubt to the point that it's not really so much of an elephant in the room after all.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: June 12, 2017, 05:05:44 pm »

Seems Faust is scum too.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: June 12, 2017, 05:10:50 pm »

everyone should could consider rereading D3 and seeing exactly how the Ashersky wagon went nowhere. From my perspective d3 it was pretty obvious he was scum, and now thanks to the magic of post-lynch flips you all can pretend it was too!
Everyone should reread everything from Space and iguana if they have not already done so.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: June 12, 2017, 05:11:10 pm »

@space clearly i'm not referring to day 4, where the actions taken are quite irrelevant as (as you can see by the votes) scum either lurked or bussed Ashersky with us. I'm referring to days 2 and 3.

Ah, my apologies. This game has more days than I'm used to!

I have no regrets about forcing the claiming process to run its full course before the final lynch in D3, though.. leaving it incomplete was never going to help town more than scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: June 12, 2017, 05:12:03 pm »

Seems Faust is scum too.
Your analysis is top-notch.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: June 12, 2017, 05:12:59 pm »

Everyone should reread everything from Space and iguana if they have not already done so.

wait iguanas posted?
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.