Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423319 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 2
« Reply #2150 on: May 24, 2017, 02:28:02 pm »

Claimed it along time ago I think ash is the serial killer who literally cannot win if me and twm are town and get hammers.

Still would rather lynch andrew or eevee.

Ok, I know I got chewed out for this a while ago, but I literally can't help myself.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: May 24, 2017, 02:29:01 pm »

Yea that's not Galzria being scummy, I had the same thought that it'd be awesome if it were true. Hopefully it'll happen some game eventually.

To defend myself at least a bit, why are we sheeping Awaclus instead of TWM? if TWM is scum we only have WIFOM that Awaclus is town.

I do really think the largest whiners are the most likely to be scum, since they're the most sure that TWM/MCMC are town... so that'd be Ashersky, Faust, and Galzria I guess.

I think this is ash by far i mean what is this even:

I'm also fine with scum giving up and moving on to the next game, by the way.  We could all vote on that, too.

Vote: Ashersky

he clearly wants out anyways  :P

If MCMC is scum he gets a likely mislynch and a hider killed out of the claim, as well as just general PR mayhem and a lack of effort. There's plenty of incentive to claim even if he's scum. So this resignation of a broken game is way too premature unless he knows MCMC is town.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: May 24, 2017, 02:29:31 pm »

Yea that's not Galzria being scummy, I had the same thought that it'd be awesome if it were true. Hopefully it'll happen some game eventually.

To defend myself at least a bit, why are we sheeping Awaclus instead of TWM? if TWM is scum we only have WIFOM that Awaclus is town.

I do really think the largest whiners are the most likely to be scum, since they're the most sure that TWM/MCMC are town... so that'd be Ashersky, Faust, and Galzria I guess.

I can buy that mcmc and TWM might out themselves on this plan. Assuming a 5 man mafia team, do you really think they would out 3 of them? That only leaves 1 living unidentified scum. If the plan breaks down it's high probability of total loss for scum. I'm not saying that's not exactly what they are doing but that the more people they include in the plan that are actually scum the more likely it breaks in a catastrophic way for them and thus the less likely they are to do that thing.

Only MCMC has to have lied, no?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: May 24, 2017, 02:30:32 pm »

I think this is ash by far i mean what is this even:

I'm also fine with scum giving up and moving on to the next game, by the way.  We could all vote on that, too.

he clearly wants out anyways  :P

If MCMC is scum he gets a likely mislynch and a hider killed out of the claim, as well as just general PR mayhem and a lack of effort. There's plenty of incentive to claim even if he's scum. So this resignation of a broken game is way too premature unless he knows MCMC is town.

plus it could always be a mcmc/twm werewolf team. one can dream.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: May 24, 2017, 02:33:34 pm »

I can buy that mcmc and TWM might out themselves on this plan. Assuming a 5 man mafia team, do you really think they would out 3 of them? That only leaves 1 living unidentified scum. If the plan breaks down it's high probability of total loss for scum. I'm not saying that's not exactly what they are doing but that the more people they include in the plan that are actually scum the more likely it breaks in a catastrophic way for them and thus the less likely they are to do that thing.

Only MCMC has to have lied, no?

Today, yes. But after TWM hides behind mcmc tomorrow and doesn't die then we potentially have two liars. If that were the case then he is already lying about hiding behind awaclus. Now, that's a safe lie to make if Awaclus is, indeed, town but also if he is scum. the hing I'm pointing out is that I think scum would rather IC a town player in this gambit as opposed to out 3 of themselves. ergo the awaclus sheeping (which I'm not about anyhow).
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: May 24, 2017, 02:34:55 pm »

As I expressed earlier, who better to IC from town when you are scum than Awaclus?

That said, if Awaclus is also scum and O is town then his dogged assertion we lynch O makes more sense, I suppose.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: May 24, 2017, 02:36:46 pm »

So this resignation of a broken game is way too premature unless he knows MCMC is town.

I can vibe to that. If the fix really is in I think Mafia has trouble prolonging the torture by trying to solve it out.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: May 24, 2017, 02:39:53 pm »

So this resignation of a broken game is way too premature unless he knows MCMC is town.

I can vibe to that. If the fix really is in I think Mafia has trouble prolonging the torture by trying to solve it out.

They would really have to be up for wifoming the shit out of this thing for IRL weeks potentially, and still need a miracle to pull it out.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2158 on: May 24, 2017, 02:43:09 pm »

As I expressed earlier, who better to IC from town when you are scum than Awaclus?

Someone whose reads are typically not as good as mine, for instance.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: May 24, 2017, 02:46:08 pm »

It's going to be pysche-breaking to you when I flip town, clearly.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: May 24, 2017, 02:56:03 pm »

You will likely have read your PM wrong, playing under the assumption that you were SK the whole time.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: May 24, 2017, 03:03:36 pm »

Claimed it along time ago I think ash is the serial killer who literally cannot win if me and twm are town and get hammers.

Ok, I know I got chewed out for this a while ago, but I literally can't help myself.

I don't know that twm is town. If I did I would be scum stop being unhelpful trying to catch slips. I hate that I even am being town read by you for mostly making that qt opens at twilight mistake. I had no idea if the qt did or did not open at twilight, I remembered a game where the scum qt did open at twilight and said that. Had the rules of this game been slightly different your read on me would have flipped and I hate that. Read people for their content not silly phrasing.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2162 on: May 24, 2017, 03:05:03 pm »

It's a good thing you aren't going to flip town in that case.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: May 24, 2017, 03:08:34 pm »

It's a good thing you aren't going to flip town in that case.

AKA "NUH UHHH!!"
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: May 24, 2017, 03:16:07 pm »

I realized that I'm not getting through all players by the end of the day, so I'm going to pick the people that people are talking about first.  So Andrew first.

I took Cuzz's post to be slightly sarcastic in a "I shouldn't have to explain this to you" way. Apparently that was incorrect. And are you implying that I was tunneling gkrieg? I wouldn't necessarily call it that considering I posted so little. And he wasn't my only scumread.

Just curious, who else were you scumreading D1?

So, Andrew doesn't have too much stuff.  The main thing that's interesting (wow I use that word a lot) is that yesterday he was tunneling gkrieg, and now he's tunneling Cuzz today.  I can see a town narrative, but it's a bit odd.

Also, he keeps mentioning that he thinks e is scum but he's never really gone any further with it.  Andrew, do you still think e is scummy?  And if so, why?

Disclaimer:

My reads suck this game. I was way behind D1 and I'm somewhat behind now. Thus I don't have much to back up my reads and I just occasionally see something that stands out to me and I can't really present a case to you like I would normally do. So in that respect yeah I'm a decent lynch today for not being all that valuable to town. But lynching town is bad so... don't lynch me.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: May 24, 2017, 03:19:09 pm »

I don't know that twm is town. If I did I would be scum stop being unhelpful trying to catch slips. I hate that I even am being town read by you for mostly making that qt opens at twilight mistake. I had no idea if the qt did or did not open at twilight, I remembered a game where the scum qt did open at twilight and said that. Had the rules of this game been slightly different your read on me would have flipped and I hate that. Read people for their content not silly phrasing.

I disagree with the broader point you are making. Wording matters and I believe that scum and town will use different phrasing to express the same point. I am going to probe people for their wording on occasion

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: May 24, 2017, 03:19:54 pm »

Scum reread of Andrew:

Other than the tunneling, a few more things popped up:

Back in #747, he starts buddying TWM.  He makes it not quite so strong in #1715 but goes stronger again later.

Not buddying, just putting a read out there.

In #970 he's downplaying his scum abilities, which I think scum definitely does.

Maybe scum does this? But town does it too, case in point: me!

#1560 he's talking about how this game is different than his previous scum games.  This could be him as scum knowing he's playing differently and trying to get people away from him.

But in this case it's town trying to get people away from him because lynching town is bad.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: May 24, 2017, 03:30:37 pm »

I disagree with the broader point you are making. Wording matters and I believe that scum and town will use different phrasing to express the same point. I am going to probe people for their wording on occasion

Absolutely, I often type things up, and as scum, proof them and edit them and proof some more. As town I tend to just shit it out and fix any grammar, etc. after the fact.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: May 24, 2017, 03:31:28 pm »

Absolutely, I often type things up, and as scum, proof them and edit them and proof some more. As town I tend to just shit it out and fix any grammar, etc. after the fact.

That said, I do that precisely so I don't make silly connections like you are latching onto. So, I'd be more likely to sound scummy as town...

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: May 24, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »

as a counterargument i attempt to spew random crap regardless of alignment.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: May 24, 2017, 03:53:41 pm »

as a counterargument i attempt to spew random crap regardless of alignment.

I tried that for a long time. The problem is, the randomizers stop rolling you as scum and it ceases to be effective.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: May 24, 2017, 03:55:16 pm »

my clearly town play has been absolutely vital to our likely win here, though.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: May 24, 2017, 04:02:14 pm »

Has it, though?

I'm pretty sure mcmc's lucky guesses at the drafting game were vital.

Actually, we could make him claim answers, then all claim answers to check if he was right.  There's our proof.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: May 24, 2017, 04:03:51 pm »

Also, given no other PRs matter except mcmc and TWM, I'm no worse a mislynch than anyone else.

I am admittedly disappointed and bored with this game, so feel zero need to stick around.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: May 24, 2017, 04:06:35 pm »

Has it, though?

I'm pretty sure mcmc's lucky guesses at the drafting game were vital.

Actually, we could make him claim answers, then all claim answers to check if he was right.  There's our proof.

How is this any better than just claiming draft order? And how does it prove anything?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 16 queries.