Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423499 times)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 2
« Reply #1875 on: May 23, 2017, 11:38:27 am »

Any reason we should believe mcmc is town vs. scum hammer hero?

I think mcmc's mistake about the scum QT is too hard to fabricate.

Wackjob theory: mcmc is SK Hammer Hero. He had both NKs last night while mafia failed to kill him due to odd-night bulletproofing.

ppe: a few

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: May 23, 2017, 11:39:29 am »

MCMC could still claim and present this plan if his scumteam has any role from slot 10, but obviously once you put conditionals like that you accept that the default likely assumption is a town claim.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars
« Reply #1877 on: May 23, 2017, 11:40:34 am »

Problems we might have with mcmc's plan:

- 1-shot Strongman. Hammer Hero says "completely safe", so this is not an issue I think? Robz, can you clarify?
- 1-shot Bus Driver. I am not sure on how Bus Driver & Hider would interact if they targeted the same player. Asking for clarification here as well.

I think that is all. Sounds good so far.

Order of Operations
Commuting
Hammer Hero killing / self-protecting
Hiding
Lightning Rod activates
Bus Driving
Other actions happen simultaneously (Roleblocking takes priority over jailing if there’s a conflict)
After all else… Godfather-ing takes effect (does not register same night)

I would think the hider should be safe (given everything else)

Haven't fully thought through mcmc's plan yet though
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: May 23, 2017, 11:42:23 am »

While I don't think town would have actually taken the hider unless they got it from the fully random slot due to the general vibe I've gotten of it being a weak role, if we do have one, I don't think they should actually claim since them dying reveals the flip right? As long as they hide behind mcmc, if they survive tonight, they claim and we are happy, if they die, we assume mcmc was actually scum right? Of course that would hinge on the hider actually following through with the plan.

PPE 2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: May 23, 2017, 11:42:48 am »

- 1-shot Strongman. Hammer Hero says "completely safe", so this is not an issue I think? Robz, can you clarify?
- 1-shot Bus Driver. I am not sure on how Bus Driver & Hider would interact if they targeted the same player. Asking for clarification here as well.

I believe hammer hero is safe even from strongman kills, and Hider cannot be targeted by bus driver:

Order of Operations
Commuting
Hammer Hero killing / self-protecting
Hiding
Lightning Rod activates
Bus Driving
Other actions happen simultaneously (Roleblocking takes priority over jailing if there’s a conflict)
After all else… Godfather-ing takes effect (does not register same night)

ppe: e

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: May 23, 2017, 11:43:33 am »

I have clarified both wit rob already but he can confirm. Hammerhero is completly unkillable, so Since I can't die the hider behind me can't die.
Also I cannot have my hammerhero protection bus driven off me. Hider hides before bus driver takes effect so the hider would already be hiding once the bus driver activated. All actions after that would be moved from me to whoever they bussdrove me toward.

Ppe 4
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: May 23, 2017, 11:44:32 am »

While I don't think town would have actually taken the hider unless they got it from the fully random slot due to the general vibe I've gotten of it being a weak role, if we do have one, I don't think they should actually claim since them dying reveals the flip right? As long as they hide behind mcmc, if they survive tonight, they claim and we are happy, if they die, we assume mcmc was actually scum right? Of course that would hinge on the hider actually following through with the plan.

PPE 2

Well the hider is unconditionally safe if MCMC is telling the truth and unconditionally dead if MCMC is lying, if we go through with the plan. So if you consider that a hider has far more credibility if they claim earlier i think claiming today would be better.

Also Hider isn't weak compared to the other two in slot ten really.. motion detector is blegh and gambler is hilarious but really weak also.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: May 23, 2017, 11:45:37 am »

Any reason we should believe mcmc is town vs. scum hammer hero?

I think mcmc's mistake about the scum QT is too hard to fabricate.

Wackjob theory: mcmc is SK Hammer Hero. He had both NKs last night while mafia failed to kill him due to odd-night bulletproofing.

ppe: a few

No way does SK take hammer hero and attract that kind of attention.

I am inclined to believe mcmc is town with his claim/plan, but still not confident that his plan will work how he thinks it will.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: May 23, 2017, 11:45:57 am »

PPE 2

Well the hider is unconditionally safe if MCMC is telling the truth and unconditionally dead if MCMC is lying, if we go through with the plan. So if you consider that a hider has far more credibility if they claim earlier i think claiming today would be better.

Also Hider isn't weak compared to the other two in slot ten really.. motion detector is blegh and gambler is hilarious but really weak also.

What if mcmc and hider are both scum?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: May 23, 2017, 11:46:44 am »

PPE 2

Then the hider claiming still benefits us???

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: May 23, 2017, 11:47:36 am »

Anyway I don't think we should question mcmc before D3. I personally am ready to treat him as IC until it will be known there's no hider to backup his claim

Ppe: lots
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: May 23, 2017, 11:47:58 am »

I already addressed scum hider:

MCMC could still claim and present this plan if his scumteam has any role from slot 10, but obviously once you put conditionals like that you accept that the default likely assumption is a town claim.

I was specifically talking about hider claiming if we accept the plan.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: May 23, 2017, 11:49:00 am »

PPE 2

I just mean that your assertion "the hider is unconditionally safe if MCMC is telling the truth and unconditionally dead if MCMC is lying" fails here.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: May 23, 2017, 11:49:30 am »

Hider has built in cop utility belt telegraphing who they hid behind. It's by far the best role of that slot.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: May 23, 2017, 11:49:33 am »

PPE 2

And yeah. While theoretically possible, I doubt scum wraps themselves up so tightly in a plot like that

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: May 23, 2017, 11:49:40 am »

I'll play.

Hard evidence is just phrase that Awaclus likes to hide behind.

I am the hider and I hid behind Awaclus last night, and lived. PS. Robz approved the above breadcrumb. I will hide behind mcmc so long as he gets the hammer and will take death proof.

If I survive the night this will confirm mcmc, myself and Awaclus as town, correct? Although I think there are some possibilities of Awaclus still being scum, such as him being a scum commuter? I am willing to die if it shows mcmc is scum.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: May 23, 2017, 11:50:39 am »

PPE 2

Random idea that could be added to the plan.  If we have a town inventor somehow and a hider claims today, give the hider a neighbor item today so mcmc and the hider can be unkillable neighbors for the rest of the game.

PPE 4 + some
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: May 23, 2017, 11:51:29 am »

Mcmcsalot did you have first pick overall?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: May 23, 2017, 11:51:35 am »

Strongman cannot kill the Hammer Hero if the Hammer Hero chooses protection.

Hider and Hammer Hero both resolve before Bus Driver takes effect, so the Bus Driver won't impact either of their actions.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: May 23, 2017, 11:51:47 am »

Actions directed toward me won't affect me, as I will be hiding.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: May 23, 2017, 11:52:19 am »

Nice
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: May 23, 2017, 11:53:01 am »

I'll play.

I am the hider and I hid behind Awaclus last night, and lived. PS. Robz approved the above breadcrumb. I will hide behind mcmc so long as he gets the hammer and will take death proof.

If I survive the night this will confirm mcmc, myself and Awaclus as town, correct? Although I think there are some possibilities of Awaclus still being scum, such as him being a scum commuter? I am willing to die if it shows mcmc is scum.

Sweet.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: May 23, 2017, 11:53:16 am »

I'll play.

That's a very bad claim
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: May 23, 2017, 11:53:38 am »

Mcmcsalot did you have first pick overall?

Don't need to claim this yet I think.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: May 23, 2017, 11:53:45 am »

Oh yay I also don't have to scumread you anymore this is getting better and better!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.