Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423365 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 1
« Reply #475 on: May 16, 2017, 03:30:29 pm »

Sorry that is just for the part of you being good with my lynch

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 16, 2017, 03:31:20 pm »

Not reading a bunch of fluff might be anti fun, and it could even be anti town. My point is that posting a lot of stuff, regardless of what that stuff is, is scummy because gumming up the thread is an easy tactic to use here, and it's fairly effective.

This is so empirically anti-town I want us to lynch RR now.

You will hit an anti-town player, but I don't think you'll be hitting scum.

It's D1 and we're not likely going to lynch scum anyway. Lynching confirmed anti-town is worlds better than lynching a pro-town townie who just happened to get a wagon on them for nebulous "scumminess"

Towny^^

Why?  He is essentially saying we should lynch people who aren't helpful instead of lynching scum.  We still have a pretty good chance of hitting scum.  And either way, it at least makes people choose sides.  It isn't scummy or townie to try to lynch anti-town people.  It just is.  Which isn't helpful D1.

False.

Well we definitely have a better chance of lynching scum if we try to lynch scum instead of trying not to...

I'm really not sure that this is even true.

You are saying a random lynch is better than trying to lynch well?

When on earth did I advocate a random lynch?

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 16, 2017, 03:31:39 pm »

Ahhh, 65 games later, and I can still count on waking up in the morning to find myself driving a nice D1 wagon.

O, Ash, mcmc - I'm flattered that I'm your first vote in such a big game!

For many of you this is my first time playing with you. Would people mind posting preferred nicknames when being addressed/voted? I don't feel like typing The_Wine_Merchant out every time when I imagine TWM will suffice.

Generally I go by Galz.

Hey! It's really nice to see you! For your and other reference I am the mad guy, whose first game was M85, But I have read every existing game on this site, so I know all of you, but you don't know me hehe. I always dreamt to play with you guys especially with you, Galz.

I go with LL.

*cough* nerd *cough*
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 16, 2017, 03:33:00 pm »

Not reading a bunch of fluff might be anti fun, and it could even be anti town. My point is that posting a lot of stuff, regardless of what that stuff is, is scummy because gumming up the thread is an easy tactic to use here, and it's fairly effective.

It's D1 and we're not likely going to lynch scum anyway. Lynching confirmed anti-town is worlds better than lynching a pro-town townie who just happened to get a wagon on them for nebulous "scumminess"

Towny^^

Why?  He is essentially saying we should lynch people who aren't helpful instead of lynching scum.  We still have a pretty good chance of hitting scum.  And either way, it at least makes people choose sides.  It isn't scummy or townie to try to lynch anti-town people.  It just is.  Which isn't helpful D1.

False.

Well we definitely have a better chance of lynching scum if we try to lynch scum instead of trying not to...

When you advocated for RR's lynch based on him being anti-town.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 16, 2017, 03:34:06 pm »

Towny^^

False.

You and I have very different definitions of the word "random"

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: May 16, 2017, 03:34:10 pm »

gkrieg is making sense, and being helpful.

I don't like lynching TWM.

How am I being helpful?

Don't worry, you aren't, at all.

Yea I'm back on being cool with a gkrieg lynch.

I need to write down my thoughts townreads so I don't forget. I would actually suggest that to everyone. Later in this game it's going to be impossible to remember what happened early and scum can use that to trick people into lynch players they previously had strong town reads on, it happens even in small games.

And why is that?

I found you scummy early on, I believe pps whom I find towny said you were defending a lot of people. Then you did something I can't remember exactly what which made me think you were acting more like town, but this recent defense of twm has flipped me back around. It's loose.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 16, 2017, 03:34:56 pm »

For many of you this is my first time playing with you. Would people mind posting preferred nicknames when being addressed/voted? I don't feel like typing The_Wine_Merchant out every time when I imagine TWM will suffice.

Hi Galz :-) I'm Space!

Also, I am "they" (preferred) or "she" (acceptable), and not ever "he". Thanks!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 16, 2017, 03:36:54 pm »

Post-wall alert you guys aren't even talking about something usefull. Yes it's d1 in a big game, our lynch is gonna be really based on limited info compared to most games(semi-random) and yes there are a lot of scum so we actually still have an okay chance of catching one. Being. Anti-town is close to being scummy especially on d1. Move along now
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 16, 2017, 03:37:22 pm »

I'm confused. I would definitely be fown to lynching RR, mcmc or ash at this point of the game. Cuzz is hard to read, all those guys looking like ICs who are scum in the end, I don't believe my initial townreads in the game. Nothing else at this point
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 16, 2017, 03:38:28 pm »

Towny^^

False.

I agree with gkrieg, lynching someone who has done nothing alignment-indicative is by definition a random lynch in terms of scumhunting
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 16, 2017, 03:40:48 pm »

gkrieg is making sense, and being helpful.

I don't like lynching TWM.

How am I being helpful?

Don't worry, you aren't, at all.

Yea I'm back on being cool with a gkrieg lynch.

I need to write down my thoughts townreads so I don't forget. I would actually suggest that to everyone. Later in this game it's going to be impossible to remember what happened early and scum can use that to trick people into lynch players they previously had strong town reads on, it happens even in small games.

And why is that?

I found you scummy early on, I believe pps whom I find towny said you were defending a lot of people. Then you did something I can't remember exactly what which made me think you were acting more like town, but this recent defense of twm has flipped me back around. It's loose.

Uh...  This is what I said about PPS...

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 16, 2017, 03:41:45 pm »

Towny^^

False.

I agree with gkrieg, lynching someone who has done nothing alignment-indicative is by definition a random lynch in terms of scumhunting

Wrong. It is a policy lynch and it is very different from a random lynch.

Scumhunting is overrated D1 in terms of actually lynching scum D1. This should not be taken to mean people shouldn't post reads, though, because those are very very very useful to look back on later in the game.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 16, 2017, 03:42:13 pm »

Like that means that your case against me is that PPS said I was defending people, but you say you think PPS is townie.

But I was the one that said PPS was defending people weird and that he was scummy.  So PPS is townie for doing so, but I'm scummy for doing so?  PARADOX

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 16, 2017, 03:43:56 pm »

Like that means that your case against me is that PPS said I was defending people, but you say you think PPS is townie.

But I was the one that said PPS was defending people weird and that he was scummy.  So PPS is townie for doing so, but I'm scummy for doing so?  PARADOX

Yes. The conclusion: lynch mcmc
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 16, 2017, 03:45:32 pm »

Yes. The conclusion: lynch mcmc

vote: mcmcsalot

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 16, 2017, 03:46:38 pm »

This gkrieg is the "ask single questions in response to posts about me as if I were faust" gkrieg.  So, in a word, scum.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #491 on: May 16, 2017, 03:49:56 pm »

We have to try to lynch scum D1.  The fact that we don't often catch scum D1 doesn't matter.  A wagon that is supposed to be on scum is much easier to find scum on than a wagon on an anti-town townie.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 16, 2017, 03:50:55 pm »

We have to try to lynch scum D1.  The fact that we don't often catch scum D1 doesn't matter.  A wagon that is supposed to be on scum is much easier to find scum on than a wagon on an anti-town townie.

This is a better counter-argument than any offered so far, but I am unconvinced.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 16, 2017, 03:51:51 pm »

Remember how I said I have to write things down...

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 16, 2017, 03:53:18 pm »

What? You guys are crazy. Catching up now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: May 16, 2017, 03:53:26 pm »

This gkrieg is the "ask single questions in response to posts about me as if I were faust" gkrieg.  So, in a word, scum.

I don't believe I do that as scum.  It's better than the absent gkrieg.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 16, 2017, 03:53:58 pm »

I think the unspoken thing about lynching anti-town is that there is some probability that they are also scum.  So, the determination becomes...

Is (% of the time anti-town player is scum) > (% of the time town player is anti-town).

You have to adjust for the player.  The % is different for SA as compared to Awaclus, for example.

It's an unfortunate commentary on RR's general town play, but I don't think this formula works for him.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 16, 2017, 03:55:28 pm »

I don't believe I do that as scum.  It's better than the absent gkrieg.

At least you aren't contesting the observation.

I don't know that you've done it on purpose as scum.  I do believe that you believe that when faust does it, he's towny.  And that you've internalized the notion of that action equaling townies, and that it could subconsciously affect your play.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 16, 2017, 03:55:43 pm »

What? You guys are crazy. Catching up now.

Or you are just scummy.  LALL.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 16, 2017, 03:56:05 pm »

It's an unfortunate commentary on RR's general town play, but I don't think this formula works for him.
The last two games I was town we won, so I think we'll be okay here, even if I'm 'anti town.'
PPE 2
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 16 queries.