Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26  All

Author Topic: M99: Mathia (Game over)  (Read 65804 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M99: Mathia (Night 2)
« Reply #575 on: May 08, 2017, 03:31:41 am »

"what if", schadd pondered, "the problem at hand here is actually undecidable?"

"Oh come on. You know that's only something people say when they cannot manage a proof or counterexample."

faust turned to his laptop and hammered in something. Then it suddenly all became clear.

"I knew getting that wolframalpha professional account would finally pay off! Look here", and he turned the screen to schadd.

Awaclus has been lynched! They were Gφdel's Incompleteness Theorem, the 1-shot Vigilante Traitor.

The scum team of Witherweaver, JaketheBaseballGod22 and Awaclus has lost!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 08, 2017, 03:33:58 am »

Remaining flavor names:

Dylan32 - parallel axiom
Joseph2302 - axiom of choice
gkrieg13 - Stokes' theorem
LaLight - Differentiability
Jimmmmm - wolframalpha

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M99: Mathia (Game over)
« Reply #577 on: May 08, 2017, 04:09:49 am »

Still never mislynched! But the pressure was unbearable, I really weighted the possibility to selfhammer. Good thing I didn't do it
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 08, 2017, 04:35:32 am »

Still never mislynched! But the pressure was unbearable, I really weighted the possibility to selfhammer. Good thing I didn't do it

I believed in you! I mean, I was questioning whether I was right to, but I did :-P You actually didn't feel nearly flaily enough to be evil...

I was all set to come into D3 with a tunnel on Dylan for his now-clearly-false logic on you :-P Except of course I felt like I'd played a strong D2 and wasn't at all confident about living through the night :-P
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 08, 2017, 04:36:27 am »

Day 3 Final Vote Count

Awaclus (4): Jimmmmm, LaLight, Dylan32, gkireg13

not voting (2): Joseph2302, LaLight

With 6 alive it took 4 to lynch.
Technically this vote count is wrong. The other not voting was Awaclus not LL
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 08, 2017, 04:37:06 am »

But yay finally a game where I'm not mislynched :-)
And I said LL was a bad lynch choice, appears I was right

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 08, 2017, 04:38:44 am »

Day 3 Final Vote Count

Also, i am sorry, but "gkireg"?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 08, 2017, 04:41:54 am »

I have to say, I thought Jake played a good scum game. Sadly for him, the piece of evidence that tipped it for me was the issue of WW not joining the wagon that already had LL and Jake on it! That and the fact he seemed really on top of things like the scum having an RB, which nobody had really been talking much about up till that point... :-P
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 08, 2017, 04:43:05 am »

But yay finally a game where I'm not mislynched :-)

I wanted to lynch you for crimes against logic. Sadly that appears not to be alignment-indicative :-P

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 08, 2017, 05:14:43 am »

I guess Awaclus thought he would take a lot more heat for the D1 hammer than he did and consequently shot N1. Funny enough, that time the short D1 actually hurt scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 08, 2017, 05:19:39 am »

Day 3 Final Vote Count

Also, i am sorry, but "gkireg"?
Fixed now.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #586 on: May 08, 2017, 05:24:32 am »

I still think shooting at random N1 was absolutely correct. There was only a 2/9 chance of hitting scum and a 6/9 chance of hitting town, it was the only way to guarantee that I could shoot at all before getting lynched or converted into real scum, and the longer the game went on, the higher would be the chance of the Watcher catching me and/or the scum team targeting the same townie. Like, I knew from the moment I got my role PM that I would be shooting N1 for sure.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 08, 2017, 05:24:39 am »

Kireg has a nice ring to it

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 08, 2017, 05:25:55 am »

I have to say, I thought Jake played a good scum game. Sadly for him, the piece of evidence that tipped it for me was the issue of WW not joining the wagon that already had LL and Jake on it! That and the fact he seemed really on top of things like the scum having an RB, which nobody had really been talking much about up till that point... :-P
Well I was confused because I thought Jake was traitor.....

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #589 on: May 08, 2017, 05:29:01 am »

Although I was also prepared to get more heat for the quickhammer, but I really didn't have any idea how it would turn out. That's also partially why I wanted to try it out, but ultimately I also thought that even if I just managed to mislynch a PR and shoot a townie before getting lynched D2, that would still be pretty okay since I was only the traitor and then the real scum team would be in a 2 vs 5 situation with no real wagon analysis possibilities to help town. Unfortunately, it worked out even worse than that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 08, 2017, 05:31:48 am »

Although I was also prepared to get more heat for the quickhammer, but I really didn't have any idea how it would turn out. That's also partially why I wanted to try it out, but ultimately I also thought that even if I just managed to mislynch a PR and shoot a townie before getting lynched D2, that would still be pretty okay since I was only the traitor and then the real scum team would be in a 2 vs 5 situation with no real wagon analysis possibilities to help town. Unfortunately, it worked out even worse than that.

Was it intentional quote fail D1?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #591 on: May 08, 2017, 05:32:07 am »

Yeah.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 08, 2017, 05:33:11 am »

Yeah.

Knew that! Also I was scumreading you pretty all the game, but then gkrieg seemed to be more scummy.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 08, 2017, 05:34:01 am »

I've no idea about MVP btw

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (΄。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #594 on: May 08, 2017, 05:41:03 am »

Knew that!

Well, I guess so, but your reasoning was wrong though. The quote fail itself was perfectly realistic; people make that kind of a quote fail sometimes and I have also made quote fails in the past. What could have given it away though was that I had to force myself to actually say something about the quotes and I didn't really have anything to say so that whole post didn't make a lot of sense.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 08, 2017, 06:13:31 am »

Knew that!

Well, I guess so, but your reasoning was wrong though. The quote fail itself was perfectly realistic; people make that kind of a quote fail sometimes and I have also made quote fails in the past. What could have given it away though was that I had to force myself to actually say something about the quotes and I didn't really have anything to say so that whole post didn't make a lot of sense.
Well, the quote fail is realistic; it's still more likely to come from scum. Town and scum both have the same chance of a "real" fail, but scum has the additional incentive to fake it. So P(quotefail happens | poster is scum) > P(quotefail happens | poster is town).

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 08, 2017, 06:20:11 am »

Are you saying that my joining of a wagon was influenced by Jake's vote?  That's not the case at all.  Also, I was gone for most of Day 1, and in particular for the lynch.

I usually don't take note of where my partners are voting when I vote as scum. 

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 08, 2017, 06:34:48 am »

Well I was confused because I thought Jake was traitor.....

I'd already said that I didn't think the traitor shooting N1 was as newbie a thing as you guys were implying, specifically because of the reasons Awaclus has now confirmed :-)

Though I'm also sad to find out that my "last straw" of info pointing to Jake wasn't as informative as I gave it credit for.

PoE was really hard for town with Jimmmmm so absent, though I'm glad he pulled through for us in the end! :-) Presumably he watched me last night and saw the kill? I was actually kind of excited to wake up this morning and not have a PM telling me I'm dead and pointing me to the speccy... but that excitement was a short-lived :-P

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 08, 2017, 07:08:59 am »

I kinda feel bad for the scum team this game. WW gets shot by his teammate, Jake is quicklynched at the last minute and then Awaclus is caught by night actions.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 08, 2017, 07:15:04 am »

Hi.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 16 queries.