Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26  All

Author Topic: M99: Mathia (Game over)  (Read 67052 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M99: Mathia (Day 2)
« Reply #425 on: May 05, 2017, 10:18:53 am »

Every even natural number greater than 2 is the sum of 2 primes.

Vote Count 2.5

LaLight (3): Awaclus, gkrieg13, Dylan32
gkrieg13 (2): LaLight, JaketheBaseballGod22
Joseph2302 (1): SpaceAnemone
JaketheBaseballGod22 (1): Joseph2302

Not Voting (1): Jimmmmm

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends May 6th at 3:30 am forum time. That's in 17 hours.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 05, 2017, 10:39:07 am »

@Joseph, are you deliberately ignoring my request for you to clarify how your traitor reasoning works with respect to LL?
Somewhat purposely. I saw it yesterday, but by that time I wasn't sobre enough to give a decent response.

If LL is traitor and he thinks WW is town, then he's being clever by getting himself off of a mislynch wagon. But he can then use vig shot to shoot WW, and there's another person lynched. I.e. He gets more information, and the person he thinks is town still dies.

Of course, it turned out WW was scum, but we have to assume the traitor was pretty sure WW was town.

Your logic is still horribly tenuous even without alcohol getting involved. What you're saying is that at post #80 in the thread, which is where LL switched his vote from WW to me, LL had such a convincing townread on WW that he formulated a plan to gain townpoints for cleverly and pointedly withdrawing support for the wagon. That's what you're saying, right?

By post #80, WW had made two whole posts in the entire game. The first actual game post in the thread was at post #49, and was LL. The second was at post #50, and that was where LL voted for WW. So that's 30 posts'-worth of playing in which LL formulated all this (in case you want to count things up in terms of how much PoE info he might also have gathered in that time). I think there's just nothing there to support your "leading theory" about how LL is the traitor.

OTOH, gkrieg was suggesting that LL moving his vote might be an indication he's WW's partner. I can see that idea much more clearly, because in that case, LL knows WW's alignment and knows he doesn't want the wagon to succeed. I feel like you've seen gkrieg making an argument about how LL's vote was scummy, changed it around a bit so you can pretend it's original insight, and then suddenly had to retrofit a sub-par excuse to it after the fact.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 05, 2017, 10:40:48 am »

Day 2 ends May 6th at 3:30 am forum time. That's in 17 hours.[/b]

I forgot to account for the fact that I'm 5 hours ahead of forum time. Now we see why I like working with other people to confirm my numbers!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 05, 2017, 10:53:53 am »

I mayyyybe will be here at the deadline.

Although right now I'd prefer a Jake/Jimmmmm lynch. Most likely traitors for me now, I do think LL traitor is slightly less likely.
So let me get this strait, you think I'm the traitor because I'm new. That could be said for at least half of the people in this game. If that's not why then why?

But there isn't that much going on, so what is the point of waiting?  I feel like today has just been me talking, while you haven't really said anything.

And just voting for me because I told you that it was not ok to not vote for an entire day is pretty scummy.  Why do you think I'm scummy?

Why didn't you vote for me earlier in the day?  Why didn't you vote for anyone earlier in the day?
Do I have to always be voting? I would rather be not voting and then put my votes down later in the day. I didn't vote for anyone earlier in the day because none of the positions on early D2 were any good. Once I found a postion/case that I liked I voted there. I would rather wait till tomorrow to aggressively vote/go after someone until tomorrow when I have been able to see another NK/flip and see if they fit into my theory.

I don't think I've ever seen Jake hesitate to vote like this. I think this might be a sign of scum (traitor specifically) not wanting to end up hitting scum with a lynch, so he doesn't want to actually vote. The D1 shot of WW (which seems to be generally agreed to have come from new and/or unengaged traitor) and this newfound resistance to voting makes me suspicious. If there's no way an LL lynch is going to happen, I could talk myself into going for Jake.

This accurately describes my feelings.
Of course it does. Are you having a fun time moving from whatever wagon pops up to the next and not having any personal opinions?

Lol. Have you like read the thread?  I think I have more than half the posts today!  It is full of my personal opinions, and it's not like I've been jumping from wagon to wagon.

Can you show any evidence that this is the case?  Where else have you seen this behavior from me?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 05, 2017, 10:54:58 am »

PSA: I have tomorrow off and mostly to myself. Please don't lynch me in my sleep.

PSA: when I'm at a computer I will put together all of your posts.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 05, 2017, 10:56:26 am »

Although right now I'd prefer a Jake/Jimmmmm lynch. Most likely traitors for me now, I do think LL traitor is slightly less likely.

In my conspiracy theory brain, this points slightly to traitor!Joseph if LaLight flips scum. Of course the traitor wants us to look for the traitor as long as we aren't looking at him!

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 05, 2017, 11:03:07 am »

So let me get this strait, you think I'm the traitor because I'm new. That could be said for at least half of the people in this game. If that's not why then why?

But there isn't that much going on, so what is the point of waiting?  I feel like today has just been me talking, while you haven't really said anything.

And just voting for me because I told you that it was not ok to not vote for an entire day is pretty scummy.  Why do you think I'm scummy?

Why didn't you vote for me earlier in the day?  Why didn't you vote for anyone earlier in the day?
Do I have to always be voting? I would rather be not voting and then put my votes down later in the day. I didn't vote for anyone earlier in the day because none of the positions on early D2 were any good. Once I found a postion/case that I liked I voted there. I would rather wait till tomorrow to aggressively vote/go after someone until tomorrow when I have been able to see another NK/flip and see if they fit into my theory.

I don't think I've ever seen Jake hesitate to vote like this. I think this might be a sign of scum (traitor specifically) not wanting to end up hitting scum with a lynch, so he doesn't want to actually vote. The D1 shot of WW (which seems to be generally agreed to have come from new and/or unengaged traitor) and this newfound resistance to voting makes me suspicious. If there's no way an LL lynch is going to happen, I could talk myself into going for Jake.

Of course it does. Are you having a fun time moving from whatever wagon pops up to the next and not having any personal opinions?

Lol. Have you like read the thread?  I think I have more than half the posts today!  It is full of my personal opinions, and it's not like I've been jumping from wagon to wagon.

Can you show any evidence that this is the case?  Where else have you seen this behavior from me?
First you went really hard on LL but know you don't even talk about him any more. As soon as Joseph said that he thought I was the traitor you say "oh yeah That's how I feel" even though you never even hinted at that opinion before.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 05, 2017, 11:05:47 am »

I've already talked about LaLight for like 10 pages, and could only convince 2 others to vote for him, and no other people have indicated that they will vote for him so I'm looking at other options. Plus when we have two scum left, looking for two people is very reasonable.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 05, 2017, 11:07:37 am »

Also could you find where I stopped voting for LaLight?  Could you quote it for me?  With the amount of information we have, there isn't much more to talk about with LaLight, unless you want to add some of your own insights.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 05, 2017, 11:15:16 am »

Also could you find where I stopped voting for LaLight?  Could you quote it for me?  With the amount of information we have, there isn't much more to talk about with LaLight, unless you want to add some of your own insights.
I already said I found his flailing after being pressured mildly scummy but much of the early reasoning quite towny. I will not be around on the deadline unfortunately. 3:30 is just to late to stay up. I think right now my most preferred lynch would be LL but I could also be open to you or Joseph.
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: May 05, 2017, 11:16:01 am »

I already said I found his flailing after being pressured mildly scummy but much of the early reasoning quite towny. I will not be around on the deadline unfortunately. 3:30 is just to late to stay up. I think right now my most preferred lynch would be LL but I could also be open to you or Joseph.

If your preferred lynch is LaLight, why are you still voting for me?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 05, 2017, 11:21:17 am »

Vote: LL THIS IS L-1
Baseball For Life

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 05, 2017, 11:25:45 am »

not claiming.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2017, 11:38:57 am »

not claiming.

Well you are either the watcher, or going to claim VT, so not too exciting.  If you were the watcher, you probably would've claimed before now.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 05, 2017, 01:39:51 pm »

Woo!

Vote: Robz

Always scum.

anyway, i am finally town again which really makes me happy.

vote: WW, happy to see you again!

Actually serious Vote: LaLight
Scum is much more likely to say this than Town.

The forum seems to be loading better now; I'll catch up later today.

My only comments at this point are: If you're quoting USE THE PREVIEW BUTTON. Also don't be so willing to lynch people over very minor things very early into D1. Sadly these are just as likely bad Town plays as scum plays.

Vote: Joseph

Attempted Townslip.

Oh wait, I misunderstood. Never mind. Unvote

In answer to your question, no. If the Watcher is matched to anything else, there are no more edges for Mafia Knows Traitor.

No matter their alignment I don't think anyone would have actually hammered. I know I wouldn't have and I am pretty sure LL wouldn't have ethier.

But you also have to look at what LaLight did instead of hammering.  He started pushing for RR, which is exactly what a partner does when their buddy is closish to being lynched.

Wait... instead of hammering who?

I was finding the way gkrieg was arguing for LaLight scummy. Now I'm finding LaLight scummy. I'm going to re-read again and post more in the next day or so, I promise!

PSA: I have tomorrow off and mostly to myself. Please don't lynch me in my sleep.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 05, 2017, 01:40:31 pm »

We really need more to go on Jimmmm.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 05, 2017, 01:44:50 pm »

post count (I was curious):
Jimmmm: 11
Awaclus: 41
gkrieg13: 80
Dylan: 31
LaLight: 83
Joseph: 48
Space: 40
Jake: 20

So, I guess I don't have as many posts as I thought...

But either way, LaLight and I have almost as many as the rest combined.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 05, 2017, 01:45:41 pm »

I may put all of Jake's posts in one place next.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 05, 2017, 01:48:23 pm »

That's a lot of false contribution.

Posts of Jimmmmm without any results, vote count without any results, Jake's posts. You do mechanical work to take towncred. Town!gkrieg has more conclusions in his posts than quotes combined

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 05, 2017, 01:48:52 pm »

Post count*

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 05, 2017, 01:49:25 pm »

Thanks space.

Speaking of stuff, is it common practice for vigs to shoot N2? I can totally see myself making one too many joke and getting gunned down.
Scummy Vote: RR maybe if you don't want to get shoot, don't make so may jokes.

Wow that's was a quick day. RR actually looks like scum traitor to me.

Lol That day/night was terrible and also very good. Losing two of our three Pr's sucked but getting scum D1/N1 is also a massive boost for town and makes it much easier for a town win.

feels so good to be in a game again! And I am still not scumread by Awaclus!

Though feel free to lynch this guy in my semiabsence.

I am IC now
Please stop. Your not a IC.

The guy's vla, what do you want to achieve with the wagon? vote: SA

This is scummy.

RR is scum. I am ready to eat my tie on it. fully serious vote: RR

More scummy.

Also the height of the WW wagon was: gkrieg, Robz, Joseph, Awaclus, RR

So people not on wagon that aren't dead are: LaLight, Space, Jimmmmm, Jake.

I would be willing to bet that the partner is not on the wagon, and that the traitor is on the wagon.

Day 1 Final Vote Count

Witherweaver (1): gkrieg13
LaLight (2): Witherweaver, Jimmmmm
Jimmmmm (1): SpaceAnemone
Roadrunner7671 (6): LaLight, JaketheBaseballGod22, Robz888, Dylan32, Joseph2302, Awaclus

Not Voting (1): Roadrunner7671

With 11 alive, it took 6 to lynch.

And here is the EoD wagon.  People on the mislynch who could've hammered WW are: LaLight, Jake.

vote: LaLight
I would never have hammered anyone this early on a Day.

Sorry for lack of posting I haven't been able to get on the forum until this morning. I think the reasoning for why LL is scum is awful. How can you expect someone to hammer a rvs wagon?

Sorry for lack of posting I haven't been able to get on the forum until this morning. I think the reasoning for why LL is scum is awful. How can you expect someone to hammer a rvs wagon?
It wasn't necessarily a RVs wagon. RR had given strong indication he was the traitor, as he was fishing for information.

Although I don't think LL is scummy based on RR wagon.
The WW wagon not RR wagon.

The guy's vla, what do you want to achieve with the wagon? vote: SA

This is scummy.

RR is scum. I am ready to eat my tie on it. fully serious vote: RR

More scummy.

Also the height of the WW wagon was: gkrieg, Robz, Joseph, Awaclus, RR

So people not on wagon that aren't dead are: LaLight, Space, Jimmmmm, Jake.

I would be willing to bet that the partner is not on the wagon, and that the traitor is on the wagon.

Day 1 Final Vote Count

Witherweaver (1): gkrieg13
LaLight (2): Witherweaver, Jimmmmm
Jimmmmm (1): SpaceAnemone
Roadrunner7671 (6): LaLight, JaketheBaseballGod22, Robz888, Dylan32, Joseph2302, Awaclus

Not Voting (1): Roadrunner7671

With 11 alive, it took 6 to lynch.

And here is the EoD wagon.  People on the mislynch who could've hammered WW are: LaLight, Jake.

vote: LaLight

This is what I'm talking about. This reasoning is soooooooo flawed. I mean look at the votes on the WW wagon:

Vote: WW to make it a proper wagon.

This is a rvs vote. Then the very next post:

Vote: WW

Wagons are fun

then this

The guy's vla, what do you want to achieve with the wagon?

What do you not want to achieve with the wagon? Vote: WW

Vote: WW
Sorry. I lied about him being at L1, but I want my statement to be true.

I mean how can you expect someone to hammer a person after those are votes that put them on L-1.  Especially after how little time had passed in the game.

No matter their alignment I don't think anyone would have actually hammered. I know I wouldn't have and I am pretty sure LL wouldn't have ethier.

I'll ask this again, are there any better reasons for anyone else being scum?  Like no one has offered ANYTHING else.
Idk how about your non stop targeting of LL who I think has been pretty town. Scum usually bases their cases off weak reasoning. This case is based off of weak reasoning. You look pretty scummy to me right now

Theory question for anyone who feels like contributing to the game over the next few hours: should we be trying to lynch the other scum right now, or are there arguments for settling on a traitor lynch?

Are the people on the LL wagon of the opinion that he's scum-and-not-traitor?
I feel like we should try to lynch the other scum because now that the traitor has used their they are useless whereas the other scum has a NK as well as the ability to RB. I feel like the other scum is more dangerous so I think we should try to lynch then first.

Theory question for anyone who feels like contributing to the game over the next few hours: should we be trying to lynch the other scum right now, or are there arguments for settling on a traitor lynch?

Are the people on the LL wagon of the opinion that he's scum-and-not-traitor?
I feel like we should try to lynch the other scum because now that the traitor has used their they are useless whereas the other scum has a NK as well as the ability to RB. I feel like the other scum is more dangerous so I think we should try to lynch then first.

When the last scum-not-traitor is lynched, the traitor inherits the NK if I'm not mistaken, so no matter which order they are killed, scum has 1 NK per night from now on.
Yes but last scum also has RB ability.

I absolutely hated the early reasoning for LL being scum but with every post he seems more scummy. I still don't think he's scum but I am beginning to doubt my read.

Wait what. What happend to "Joseph is traitor" and now all of a sudden I am. First of all I would never shoot N1 with only one shoot. I would save that for a much more advantageous situation in the game or if I thought I would get lynched the next day. (I don't) Also if you look at my past history I'm extremely frugal with my pr uses especially if I have a limited amount of shots. If you look at M97 I was a two shot doctor and didn't use it N1 because it was too random that it's not advantageous. If I only had one shot there is no way I'd ever use it N1 especially as a just random shot. I can't wait until tomorrow to drop my theory's on who the traitor is. I'm decently sure I know who it is.

Actually to the three who haven't voted at all today: that is unacceptable
Fine Vote: Gkrieg13

Wait what. What happend to "Joseph is traitor" and now all of a sudden I am. First of all I would never shoot N1 with only one shoot. I would save that for a much more advantageous situation in the game or if I thought I would get lynched the next day. (I don't) Also if you look at my past history I'm extremely frugal with my pr uses especially if I have a limited amount of shots. If you look at M97 I was a two shot doctor and didn't use it N1 because it was too random that it's not advantageous. If I only had one shot there is no way I'd ever use it N1 especially as a just random shot. I can't wait until tomorrow to drop my theory's on who the traitor is. I'm decently sure I know who it is.

Why not just do that right now?
Because I'd rather wait a day/night cycle to see if said person dies.

I also think it's because you seem like you'd be willing to take the risk. Most of the experienced players would think that using the vig shot N1 is too dangerous, coz it could backfire. Like it did. If traitor hadn't used it, we'd have been in some deep shit right now.
Why would I take the risk? Look at my past games. I never use my shots for any role on D1 when I have a limited amount of them. I already made a super long post about why and how I wouldn't use the shot N1 yet you just seem to ignore that.

First you went really hard on LL but know you don't even talk about him any more. As soon as Joseph said that he thought I was the traitor you say "oh yeah That's how I feel" even though you never even hinted at that opinion before.

Vote: LL THIS IS L-1

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 05, 2017, 01:50:01 pm »

Posts of Jimmmmm without any results, vote count without any results, Jake's posts. You do mechanical work to take towncred. Town!gkrieg has more conclusions in his posts than quotes combined

Oh calm down.  I'm doing this part while I'm at a computer and feel like doing it.  The conclusions and analysis are on their way.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 05, 2017, 01:52:56 pm »

Oh calm down.  I'm doing this part while I'm at a computer and feel like doing it.  The conclusions and analysis are on their way.

I'm pretty calm :) it's just not town!you (or my reads are still shit) the further the more it's not you

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 05, 2017, 01:55:13 pm »

I'm pretty calm :) it's just not town!you (or my reads are still shit) the further the more it's not you

I very rarely do meaningless things for towncred anyway.  As either alignment.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 05, 2017, 01:56:28 pm »

I very rarely do meaningless things for towncred anyway.  As either alignment.

Good thing that you are aware of that so you can make couple of meaningless posts without fear

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.