Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 158402 times)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
Re: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #925 on: March 19, 2017, 05:46:10 pm »

Lynch away.

In a way, this makes me actually want to hammer, because it seems like scum resigned to their fate. But I also know scum usually fight harder against their lynch... AH WIFOM. But I would have to lean scummy for it though.

Yeah, I have generally thought your posts about mcmc have made sense and not generated near the reaction I would have liked to see. But either way this would be an informative lynch I think, so...

Intent to hammer.

I did fight against it and nobody cared so again, why bother? Everything I do is scummy. Everything I don't do is scummy. This is what I've learned from this game.

If you are town I really think your scum read on me is caused by me having a scum read on you. You are reading everything I do as scummy and not looking for a town narrative. If you're town there are some scum players hiding in places I'm not looking and I'm sorry they moved me to vote you and not dylan.

I don't know why scum would push the lynch off of me because if Andrew is town, then they would be ok with either lynch since I'm town. Actually, who are the people that are ok with either lynch?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 19, 2017, 05:48:07 pm »

Lynch away.

In a way, this makes me actually want to hammer, because it seems like scum resigned to their fate. But I also know scum usually fight harder against their lynch... AH WIFOM. But I would have to lean scummy for it though.

Yeah, I have generally thought your posts about mcmc have made sense and not generated near the reaction I would have liked to see. But either way this would be an informative lynch I think, so...

Intent to hammer.

I did fight against it and nobody cared so again, why bother? Everything I do is scummy. Everything I don't do is scummy. This is what I've learned from this game.

Some games do feel like that, but sometimes you just are scum trying to AtE.

I'm not trying to appeal to anyone. I'm just stating how I've felt recently. Yeah some mafia games are like that, I get it. I just feel that regardless of alignment if someone puts a lot of effort and focus into something it shouldn't be ignored even if everyone disagrees with it. Or at least it should be given a little more thought than someone placing a vote without explanation. Mostly I'm just baffled that there are some people in this game that have gotten by without putting in any effort whatsoever. Yes I understand that it's a strategy and their strategy is just as valid as anyone else's, it's just frustrating that nobody has really called them out on it. In effect it's made that towny and piecing together a case and pushing it scummy which is why I feel I'm at L-1 right now. You might not feel my case against mcmc is valid and I feel like a lot of people don't, fine. So I switched my vote to WW. Nope, that's scummy too. I honestly don't think anyone is thinking in pro-town terms. I think mcmc is the worst offender. He's completely turned his back on his "voting off wagon" idea and instead is pushing an OMGUS lynch. But that's just how I see it.

I don't like this pivot to ww and think it is scum driven. I think the stall on Andrews wagon is due to his scum buddies not willing to join as twm suggested was possible.

vote: andrew

That's a super belated vote, especially after pushing my wagon so hard in the first place. Why were you so afraid to put me to L-1? Is it because you'd be doing the same thing I did D1 and thought it'd be hypocritical?

Obviously now that TWM moved away from my wagon mcmc is comfortable voting me because he feels it's a safe move. One he can pull off without arousing suspicion.
Wrong I wanted to stop posting and pushing cases for a little bit to see what happened, what I saw is that even though many people found you scummy your wagon stalled. I then saw people I find scummy trying to pivot to ww and I don't want that happening.

So a wagon on town is incapable of stalling? Do you think the whole scum team is just going to jump on my wagon and push it through quickly? Please.

Lynch away.

Intent to hammer.

If you are town I really think your scum read on me is caused by me having a scum read on you. You are reading everything I do as scummy and not looking for a town narrative. If you're town there are some scum players hiding in places I'm not looking and I'm sorry they moved me to vote you and not dylan.

That's fair. At least the me not looking for a town narrative part. But you only started to have a scum read on me D2 so don't tell me I'm only scum reading you because you scum read me.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 19, 2017, 05:48:53 pm »

Lynch away.

Intent to hammer.

I don't know why scum would push the lynch off of me because if Andrew is town, then they would be ok with either lynch since I'm town. Actually, who are the people that are ok with either lynch?

<-- This guy

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 19, 2017, 05:56:10 pm »

unvote

I am on mobile and want check something on Dylan before he hammers and my service is horrid.

Plus robs still hasn't shown up
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 19, 2017, 05:58:44 pm »

Gah! Mostly i don't like Dylan suddenly being onboard but can't get to the previous pages to see what he posted before

Sorry if this double postscript

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 19, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »

Lynch away.

Intent to hammer.

<-- This guy

I appreciate your honesty. I was reading D2 to answer my own question and you were one of the few, yeah. You, and mcmc, and maybe twm? Not sure exactly. So has Eevee gotten townier for you today, WW, or you just prefer anyone but mcmc and yourself?

PPE1
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 19, 2017, 06:04:58 pm »

Ok, I really don't like the Andrew wagon. I could be convinced, but probably not easily. I need to reread how it formed, but I won't have time for the next several hours.

This is really frustrating. Last post til I get home, but this makes me suspicious cause I didn't see Dylan being difficult to convince. Just easily talked himself into it.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 19, 2017, 06:06:18 pm »

And to be 100% clear, I'm still not thrilled about an Andrew lynch, but if he flips town, then it would narrow the pool of people I'd be willing to lynch tomorrow down to like 3 people, and so I would join for the information. But if someone would go for a wagon on someone that I had previously listed as scummy, I would definitely prefer that.

PPE 1

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 19, 2017, 06:07:42 pm »

TWM, I'm pretty sure you are completely basing your read on me on our difference of opinion on mcmc throughout the game. Would you say that is plausible?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 19, 2017, 06:52:30 pm »

I think I'd like to reread before we end today.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 19, 2017, 07:20:37 pm »

Lynch away.

Intent to hammer.

Some games do feel like that, but sometimes you just are scum trying to AtE.

I'm not trying to appeal to anyone. I'm just stating how I've felt recently. Yeah some mafia games are like that, I get it. 1)I just feel that regardless of alignment if someone puts a lot of effort and focus into something it shouldn't be ignored even if everyone disagrees with it. Or at least it should be given a little more thought than someone placing a vote without explanation. 2)Mostly I'm just baffled that there are some people in this game that have gotten by without putting in any effort whatsoever. Yes I understand that it's a strategy and their strategy is just as valid as anyone else's, it's just frustrating that nobody has really called them out on it. In effect it's made that towny and piecing together a case and pushing it scummy which is why I feel I'm at L-1 right now. You might not feel my case against mcmc is valid and I feel like a lot of people don't, fine. So I switched my vote to WW. Nope, that's scummy too. I honestly don't think anyone is thinking in pro-town terms.3 I think mcmc is the worst offender. He's completely turned his back on his "voting off wagon" idea and instead is pushing an OMGUS lynch. But that's just how I see it.
1) I don't think people are ignoring your case on me, I think people don't like it.

2) Who are you talking about? Robz because I have threatened to have him removed, I don't know why others aren't more upset at him, if he wasn't my brother I would have requested a replacement. If you are talking about the super low posters (twm/dylan/idp) I called them all out multiple times, since then they have been posting more.

3) This is one of the huge reasons I find you scummy. Your case on me seems fake, I have said in almost every post I STILL WANT TO LYNCH DYLAN. So me as town is trying to think why does town!andrew think i'm scummy and when you say stuff like I have turned my back on voting off wagon I feel like you have to be scum who wants to convince other I did that because that would look scummy of me. I also feel like town!andrew would understand I wasn't voting for you because I still wanted to lynch dylan and didnt want to move to you and allow scum to sheep. I wanted people to have to vote you instead of agreeing with me about dylan.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 19, 2017, 07:45:26 pm »

1) I don't think people are ignoring your case on me, I think people don't like it.

If people said they didn't like it then fine, I'd understand. Since it's being ignored by all but a few people we can only speculate, hence the "I think". Whatever, I may have been a little dramatic about it. Sorry.

2) Who are you talking about? Robz because I have threatened to have him removed, I don't know why others aren't more upset at him, if he wasn't my brother I would have requested a replacement. If you are talking about the super low posters (twm/dylan/idp) I called them all out multiple times, since then they have been posting more.

I'm referring to Robz, WW, IDP, schadd.

3) This is one of the huge reasons I find you scummy. Your case on me seems fake, I have said in almost every post I STILL WANT TO LYNCH DYLAN. So me as town is trying to think why does town!andrew think i'm scummy and when you say stuff like I have turned my back on voting off wagon I feel like you have to be scum who wants to convince other I did that because that would look scummy of me. I also feel like town!andrew would understand I wasn't voting for you because I still wanted to lynch dylan and didnt want to move to you and allow scum to sheep. I wanted people to have to vote you instead of agreeing with me about dylan.

Yes I know you want to lynch Dylan but you're voting me and have been pushing my lynch for a while now. I think if you're going to suddenly decide I'm scummy and you make a big case on me you shouldn't be afraid to put me to L-1. Instead you waited for other people to do what they will and sat back and observed like you said. I find that pretty scummy. And yes I want to convince other people about the scummy things you have said because I think you're scum and I want you to be lynched. Why is that scummy?

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 19, 2017, 08:32:50 pm »

so andrew is either town or being double/triple bussed, between saying "lynch me" and throwing shade at people off wagon.

there is a townslip there that i realized and decided to leave in. where's silverspawn?

something i'm kind of concerned about is "lynch me" before claiming. i'm more wary about people forgetting to claim after mcmc in M94. i mean, that can just be taken to be a vt claim (and i did essentially that in M94; i said i would self-hammer, faust noted it as vt claim, i was like "right") and also by D2 scum have perhaps sussed out what their claims would be
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 19, 2017, 08:39:26 pm »

so andrew is either town or being double/triple bussed, between saying "lynch me" and throwing shade at people off wagon.

there is a townslip there that i realized and decided to leave in. where's silverspawn?

something i'm kind of concerned about is "lynch me" before claiming. i'm more wary about people forgetting to claim after mcmc in M94. i mean, that can just be taken to be a vt claim (and i did essentially that in M94; i said i would self-hammer, faust noted it as vt claim, i was like "right") and also by D2 scum have perhaps sussed out what their claims would be

Well nobody asked me to claim and I'd rather not give scum more information/PoE unless I absolutely need to.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 19, 2017, 08:47:16 pm »

Andrew sounds like scum resigned to being lynched to me. Town would claim, why not? Anyone by chance have exceptional memory and remember andrew being in this situation before?

I think we should lynch andrew, but maybe give idptg, robz (!! i second we need him replaced or more engaged) and pps more time to re-emerge first (especially because more time = more time for my internet situation to improve). Andrew, if you flip town, we'll take another look at your mcmc posts. I can totally sympathize with the frustration of taking the time to formulate long posts and having people not comment on them. mcmc has just been so much townier than you!

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 19, 2017, 09:02:30 pm »

robz is probably town, unfortunately. in my time in mafiascum i've encountered two lurkers: thinkbig, not_mafia.

thinkbig: town. gave heaps upon heaps of "i promise i'll catch up guys," never did.

[an unrelated takeaway: radiantcowbells, scum in that game and most cunning manipulator at the time, replaced in and hammered him 30min afterward; we'd had him at L-1, and i was voting him for pressure reasons; i thought the behavior was shitty and i wanted him to be at l-1 when he gave his reads. but rc hammered him before that happened, and he was scum, and we all shrugged it off, because it seemed too scummy to be scum, and he had a reason that kinda made sense in spite of not scumreading the guy very hard and having replaced in shortly before. not congruent to the pps thing but perhaps you can imagine why i'm concerned about him.]

[there's a lot of parts about RC's scum play and others' on MS that this forum could learn from. don't tell him i said that]

and not_mafia: scum, you wouldn't know he was lurking if he weren't doing it, if that makes sense. just said a couple things sporadically that were sometimes game-related, made it apparent he just decided to lurk that game. no mention of it, nothing.

i haven't really looked at any of robz's pre-break games (briefly for M92), and ww (i think) who suggested he has done it for towncred can assess the validity of this, but i think he's one to feel especially shitty to do it the way he's doing it now; if he's scum in this game, it gets to the point where it feels more like you're lying to people rather than players in a game. so it's a lame trust-tell type thing but i think it's likely to be effective.

a bit irrelevant to the stuff going on now but it's a think that i can say
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 19, 2017, 09:03:08 pm »

Well nobody asked me to claim and I'd rather not give scum more information/PoE unless I absolutely need to.
yea i meant to add "don't claim though if you don't feel the need" but forgot

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 19, 2017, 09:04:15 pm »

Andrew sounds like scum resigned to being lynched to me. Town would claim, why not? Anyone by chance have exceptional memory and remember andrew being in this situation before?

I don't want to claim yet because I don't want scum knowing if I'm a PR or not until it's clear I'm absolutely going to be lynched.

Yes:

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9962.0

In that game I had to defend myself through a 36 page D1 and for the rest of the game as well from a very persistent scum!ash. Eventually I pushed for ash to be lynched despite having a townread on him originally. Let me check a couple other games of mine too.

mcmc has just been so much townier than you!

Really?

PPE: 2

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 19, 2017, 09:06:19 pm »

is there anything else that tells this apart from town being resigned to being lynched? for the things i pointed out i think it's quite unlikely he's resigned if he's scum, rather trying to be lynched

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 19, 2017, 09:07:34 pm »

I agree with schadd about Robz.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 19, 2017, 09:09:22 pm »

scone!

supposed to be score but i mistyped

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 19, 2017, 09:18:36 pm »

my current understanding of the game has too many TvTs

so if you guys are all town and TvTing, stop

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 19, 2017, 09:51:53 pm »

I think we should lynch andrew, but maybe give idptg, robz (!! i second we need him replaced or more engaged) and pps more time to re-emerge first (especially because more time = more time for my internet situation to improve). Andrew, if you flip town, we'll take another look at your mcmc posts. I can totally sympathize with the frustration of taking the time to formulate long posts and having people not comment on them. mcmc has just been so much townier than you!

This post is scummy to me, BTW.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 19, 2017, 09:54:13 pm »

TWM, I'm pretty sure you are completely basing your read on me on our difference of opinion on mcmc throughout the game. Would you say that is plausible?
You are thinking of someone else. I mean. I was suspicious of you really early Day1 for just one post in particular, but I haven't really suspected you since then, until your recent change about Andrew, which I am now going to look more into.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 19, 2017, 09:57:52 pm »

This post is scummy to me, BTW.
Just when I thought we were buddies! Why?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 19 queries.