Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84  All

Author Topic: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!  (Read 176887 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! FORSAKEN WIN!
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:28:13 pm »

The Wheel of Time turns, and the Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is may yet fall under the shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Welcome to
RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia!

Mod: mail-mi. Comod: Jorbles

Signups are closed
1. Archetype Lanfear, the Daughter of the Night, a 1-shot Nymphomaniac Godfather--WINNER!
2. yuma Aviendha of the Nine Valleys sept of the Taardad Aiel, a Maiden of the Spear, a Vig of All Trades--Endgamed on D5
3. XerxesPraelor Egwene al'Vere, a Dreamwalker, a Semi-Innocent Mailman--Killed N3
4. xeiron Matrim (Mat) Cauthon, the Lucky Ta'veren, a Semi-Ascetic Townie--Killed N3
5. faust Elmindreda (Min) Farshaw, a Viewer (Voyeur)--Killed N1
6. Twistedarcher Padan Fain, Mordeth's Tainted Darkfriend, a 1-shot Forsaken Immune Thieving Serial Killer--Lynched D3
7. Witherweaver Rahvin, the Diplomat, a Redirector--Killed N2 BUT STILL A WINNER
8. shraeye Loial son of Arent son of Halan, an Ogier 1-shot Commuter.--Killed N1
9. sudgy Elayne Trankand, a Ter'angreal Maker (Inventor)--Lynched D1
10. A Drowned Kernel Rand al'Thor, the Dragon Reborn, a Tainted Cop--Dayvigged D2
11. AndrewisFTTW Nynaeve al'Meara, the Wisdom, a Split Jailkeeper--Lynched D5
12. Jimmmmm Faile Bashere, a Hunter of the Horn, a Tracker--Endgamed D5
13. ashersky Moghedien, the Spider, a Rolecop--Lynched D4 BUT STILL A WINNER

Basic Mafia Ruleset Changes in limegreen

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for any mafia game on this site.  If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

Game Summary:

Mafia is a social deduction game.  There is an "informed minority" (the mafia) and an "uninformed majority" (the town).  The mafia know who each other are, and are trying to be the only people left alive.  The town doesn't know who anybody else is, and are trying to find and lynch all of the mafia.  The mafia, to make sure the town doesn't know who they are, must pretend to be town to win.  The mafia usually can kill at night, to help them in being the only ones left alive.

1. General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines).  If we do not receive your PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.  If your Night action was mandatory, it will be decided randomly.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

2. Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until the mods lock the thread; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. This game will have 10 day deadlines and 48 hour night deadlines.
5. If there is no majority lynch by deadline, it will be a no lynch.
6. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
7. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
8. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
10. If the thread is locked, you may not post.  Threads can be locked for various reasons, but no matter what the reason, you may not post.  The mod may forget to lock the thread, but if they say it is locked, it is still locked.
11. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post. Mods will not edit posts for you.

3. Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, colored text is reserved for the Mods.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods are up to you. They are not sent automatically.
6. Please do not discuss ongoing games, it can unintentionally affect the other game.
7. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, which may include modkill(s) if needed.
8. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
9. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread.  A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator.  Please do not use this as a manipulation technique.  (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request).  Requests to /out are final once submitted.  There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed.

Helpful Links:

Wiki Links:

--Main Wiki Page

--Newbie Guide

--Frequently Asked Questions

--Commonly Used Abbreviations

--Mafia Theory

Forum Links:

--Vacation/Limited Access announcements

--Mafia Lingo/Dictionary

Specifics to follow!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:12:07 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM13: Wheel of Time Mafia! (Signups are open!)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:28:27 pm »

This will be a typical RMM game: Everyone will get a role and a flavor name, and everyone will love their role. All scum will get a flavor fakeclaim. Flavor is gonna be awesome, if you're a Wheel of Time nerd (like me) you'll wet your pants. A lot of work has been put into this to strive for balance, but I cannot guarantee it, as this is, in fact, RMM. I hope you sign up because it's gonna be awesome!

More Specifics: There will be only 1 scum team, and there may or may not be a third party role like a Serial Killer or Survivor.  Roles that change players' alignment, that effect the flip, and that allow people to vote secretly will not be in the game (including Cult Master, Tailor, Janitor, Governor, Doublevoter, Miller, etc.).

Sample PM:
Welcome to RMM13, Jorbles. You are Galad Damodred, Warder-in-training.

Why can't everyone else see the world as you do? You've always had a good sense of right and wrong, Light and Shadow. Other people just don't see it that way. Well. You've been training at the White Tower to become a Warder, and you'll be using those skills, along with your sense of morality, to rat out the Shadow and win the Last Battle.

You are a Cop-Vigilante.

-Each night, you may send me the name of a player. I will tell you their alignment.
-If the person you target is a Forsaken, or targeted a member of the Light that night, you will kill them.

Please confirm by PM.

Dovei'andi se tovya sagain. It's time to toss the dice.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 11:13:21 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:50:38 pm »

/tag
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 01:25:32 am »

/tag

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 07:38:37 am »

Haha, lots of tags because if its like the wheel of time days will be 3 million days long and nothing much will happen except the promise of something in the next day, then it will finally get good once everybody playing has given up on it being good and then it will cliche itself out to the end?

(Too obvious joke?)
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:54 am »

/tag....

2. This game will most likely be able to go into yuma's stats.

While it might be eligible it won't be able to. I only accept normal/newbie/blitz games into my stats. If you want this game to be counted for stats it needs to go into the normal/invented queue. This is because how people play RMM games is different than how they play normal. You might compare it to how a NBA player would play a pre-season or All-star game compared to how they would play a regular season game. Or a FIFA friendly to a FIFA World Cup Qualifier.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 07:14:54 pm »

Hey, I'll /in!

MercurialEnemi

• Pawn
  • Its Not Personal Its Business | Time Starts Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 06:33:06 pm »

/in
I smell fresh blood looking for some action?
Big Julie from Guys and Dolls

BTW Im the fresh blood, cant wait for my first mafia game!
When you're dodging, think "I won't let them hit me!" When you're protecting someone, think "I won't let them die!" When you're attacking, think "I will cut them!"
--Urahara Kisuke”

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 08:07:17 am »

well, let's put this on my radar at least.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 10:51:18 am »

/in

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 08:19:01 pm »

BUMP!

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 06:09:37 am »

/in

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 10:49:12 am »

/out

MercurialEnemi

• Pawn
  • Its Not Personal Its Business | Time Starts Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 04:53:03 pm »

/out
When you're dodging, think "I won't let them hit me!" When you're protecting someone, think "I won't let them die!" When you're attacking, think "I will cut them!"
--Urahara Kisuke”

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 04:59:24 pm »

Just xeiron and I? :( C'mon people, signup! I've never read the books (though my friend highly recommends them!), but I don't mind pee-inducing flavor.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 09:26:49 pm »

Comod signing in.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 09:31:05 pm »

Added 4 in the specifics.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2014, 04:36:26 pm »

Made some balance changes in the setup. It's going to be fun!

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2014, 05:29:26 pm »

mail-mi and I have spent a long time batting the ideas for this one back and forth and I think it's a really fun setup. Though it's a hidden setup and it is role madness it is setup for balance. As with most RM games there's some roles that can get lucky and swing things a bit towards one team or another, but I think it is a fun and fair setup.

On a side note, for fans of the series I'm working on the final book right now, and I'm excited this game timed itself to open for signups at the same time as I finish the series I started back in the 90s.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2014, 09:40:03 pm »

as with most RMM games, I am willing to be a backup, but I don't think I will be /inning specifically.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2014, 12:20:15 am »

Bump? I can promise you 1. it is going to be awesome 2. you are going to love your role no matter what you get and 3. it's nothing like shadows over camelot. It'll be great!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 12:21:54 am »

Yes! Signup everyone!  :)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 07:11:43 pm »

Bump? I can promise you 1. it is going to be awesome 2. you are going to love your role no matter what you get and 3. it's nothing like shadows over camelot. It'll be great!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 19 queries.