Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43  All

Author Topic: M92: xkcd Mafia - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 120436 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #325 on: January 15, 2017, 04:10:05 am »

Can we please vote Eevee? His posts are super forgettable and don't help us move forward in any way. Like the only thing he did post after the prod is some super inconsequential stuff about soft deadlines that never do anything and just help keep the discussion at a point where noone contributes because "I agree" is all the interaction that seems necessary (see posts from LaLight, Ichi).
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 15, 2017, 04:18:19 am »

Also I think the votes on Spacey and Awaclus are garbage.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 15, 2017, 04:23:39 am »

Ok now that you mention it. I see what you are talking about.
The most recent one in particular.

I'll do a vote: Eevee

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 15, 2017, 07:06:27 am »

Can we please vote Eevee? His posts are super forgettable and don't help us move forward in any way. Like the only thing he did post after the prod is some super inconsequential stuff about soft deadlines that never do anything and just help keep the discussion at a point where noone contributes because "I agree" is all the interaction that seems necessary (see posts from LaLight, Ichi).

I'm not totally against voting Eevee (there was a point in the game where I managed to forget he was even in this one!), but other people's posts are also forgettable. The only reason I remember anything Awaclus has said is because he's voting for me, for instance. Do you have a stronger argument than that on Eevee, and/or a reason why you think the others are more likely to be town?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2017, 07:07:54 am »

Well, I was prodded and had nothing to say. Why me and not Robz?

I disagree with the SA wagon as well, they look towny and also at this point have an activity pass for today from me as well for activity. Why are the votes for awaclus garbage?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 15, 2017, 07:17:11 am »

Yes, and then fail to adhere to it! It will be just like old times!

..No, but seriously, I think that's a good idea. 24 hours before the deadline, 1AM on Wednesday would probably make sense? Anyone opposed to doing this?

So what time is 1am forum time for you?

For me, it's 6am local time, and there's zero chance of me being awake, either at that sort of deadline, or for a good few hours beforehand.

With the usual players on this forum being spread between forum-minus three and forum-plus-eight, the band of times when we're all likely to be awake runs from about noon till 17.00 forum time, maybe pushing an hour on either side of that depending on individual players' schedules.

Though for most of D2, our eastern-most player will be visiting me here in the UK (yay!!!), so the later limit could change (especially if we need to schedule internetting time for ourselves when we're not both in the same room as each other!).
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 15, 2017, 07:33:05 am »

So cool about a meet-up! Sounds amazing.

It's 8am for me, that's indeed a good point about me never being awake that early. I'll know later today if and how much I'll have school, but from my end just staying up until a few hours before the deadline is probably the most reasonable alternative.

Of course we can also lynch before the deadline! (Not looking likely.)

Categorizing the players in this game:

Active people moving us forward, I don't think I like lynching any of these because we don't want to become even more of a ghost town: SA, LL, faust. I don't mind giving scum and incentive to play active and post a lot.

Everyone else I could see myself lynching. I'll do some rereads.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 15, 2017, 07:35:34 am »

RR reread: I didn't remember he was in the game. He has been commenting on the few things that have happened, but nothing groundbreaking or even generating more discussion. I think a narrative for struggling town looks maybe more likely, I think my posting history would look pretty similar to RR's (if with little more posts). Hard to say of course from 10 in-game posts, RR hasn't really offered many reads yet.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #333 on: January 15, 2017, 07:37:37 am »

Vote: Eevee
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 15, 2017, 07:41:01 am »

gkrieg: In many games simultaneously / VLA? He hasn't posted a lot, but the posts that he has made look towny to me - he is commenting on the alignments of other players, seems like he is trying to generate reads. Scum gkrieg would also of course be able to fake this, but we are dealing with very limited information, and I don't see anything that makes me want to lynch gkrieg. YMMV if you read the traitor-thing as very scummy of course, but to me this looks like town as well. Gkrieg is also a very useful asset for us later if town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 15, 2017, 07:45:01 am »

okay, I've only played with Eevee with him being either scum or IC. And he did better than this. I remember RMM7 where he was town and I see the same now. Not voting yet.

And as much as I hate doing this at all, but vote: faust. Looks like he's looking for easy mislynch.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 15, 2017, 08:05:18 am »

I thinks it's shown in my play that I'm pretty relieved to be town (with no IC responsibilities) for a change. I've definitely been posting much more care-free than in the previous two games.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 15, 2017, 08:10:29 am »

Because this is the exact behaviour I saw from scum!you in the game I modded.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 15, 2017, 08:15:57 am »

Because this is the exact behaviour I saw from scum!you in the game I modded.
Yep, I'm indeed the same guy, just different alignment this time. :)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 15, 2017, 08:16:44 am »

And as much as I hate doing this at all, but vote: faust. Looks like he's looking for easy mislynch.
Can you provide an example of a scum game from me where I was looking for an eas mislynch?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 15, 2017, 08:18:21 am »

I disagree with the SA wagon as well, they look towny and also at this point have an activity pass for today from me as well for activity. Why are the votes for awaclus garbage?
Because Awaclus is not doing anything that would warrant a vote and you cannot vote Awaclus for reactions, so the votes are pretty useless.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2017, 08:20:41 am »

I thinks it's shown in my play that I'm pretty relieved to be town (with no IC responsibilities) for a change. I've definitely been posting much more care-free than in the previous two games.
Did you though?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 15, 2017, 08:27:23 am »

Because Awaclus is not doing anything that would warrant a vote and you cannot vote Awaclus for reactions, so the votes are pretty useless.
If there is no reaction, that just means there aren't enough votes!
Did you though?
Post more care-free? I think so, I haven't really been filtering myself at all, even dabbled on unsubstantiated voting in the case of Awaclus.

No, but seriously, I'd be happy to move my vote if I developed an actual scumright, however slight. I'll try to reread more of the not so active people to find a place for my vote later today.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #343 on: January 15, 2017, 08:34:50 am »

I don't know if it's just me, but voting for some of the less active people sounds a lot like an easy excuse to vote for a mislynch. Scumreading a townie isn't trivial to explain afterwards, so scum would obviously want to avoid that.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:14 am »

Reread Ichi, he doesn't seem scummy either. He was more active in the beginning, but the posts did seem towny to me and again nothing raised any alarm bells. May be that his positive attitude from the beginning is clouding my judgement a little bit, but it gave a me a towny feel all the same.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: January 15, 2017, 08:35:25 am »

I haven't really been filtering myself at all
more so or less so than the drunk ama that you did
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 15, 2017, 08:39:02 am »

No need for filters when you are town! I don't remember what I said then, but it was clearly a ploy because I was scum and nothing I did or said was honest.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 15, 2017, 08:42:23 am »

Can you provide an example of a scum game from me where I was looking for an eas mislynch?

Your first vote of NM9 was for Jake. He's like a mislynch on a silver platter.

I don't see why scum doesn't want to go for a smooth and uncontroversial mislynch for D1, though. That's especially true in a game where there are lots of vets, so it's not immediately obvious that scum has to kill one or two particular people first.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 15, 2017, 09:15:34 am »

Aside from what SA said, I don't think there is 100% predetermined pattern of behaviour of scummy you. Maybe you haven't ever done that, but you do it now.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 15, 2017, 11:10:34 am »

Sorry about that!  I'll be dropping in more today probably.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.