Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43  All

Author Topic: M92: xkcd Mafia - Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 120518 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1 Start!
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2017, 02:29:32 pm »

cool ploy, brah
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2017, 02:52:36 pm »

Interesting! What was your plan?

Well, if mafia thought I was the traitor, I wouldn't be killed N1, and they wouldn't know who the real traitor was.

Also, I could see if people caught on and voted for me (I didn't think this would be so sudden!) and that would give me some kind of information.
I have a hard time believing that town!gkrieg would go for a "let's act scummy to see who votes for me" strategy.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2017, 03:12:16 pm »

Also if we all breadcrumb that we are the traitor, isn't that a good thing?

Plus, if I really were the traitor, why would I place that in my first post?
So did you or didn't you breadcrumb Traitor?

Yes I did.  It was a ploy that is now ruined.
So your ploy was to make a post that singals to scum that you are the Traitor while at the same time making it clear to everyone that you couldn't possibly be the Traitor?

That would have been a pretty kick ass ploy though!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2017, 04:46:45 pm »

town town town town town

Ooh, lots of actual LOL :-) I didn't risk clicking on the youtube link in my office earlier, and just as well!!

(Though trying to explain why to my bemused lodger isn't going so well...)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2017, 04:48:00 pm »

Yeah. gkrieg thing is weird. It doesn't feel scum-weird to me though.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2017, 05:17:17 pm »

I did not think gkrieg was breadcrumbing traitor, and if he was, maybe he's town and wants to screw with mafia. So this is a total null thing that does not matter.

Of all the commentary on gkrieg's breadcrumb and faust's questioning of it, this is the post that feels scummiest to me.

To me, the comment and the various reactions to it clearly matter, and it's the best non-null thing we've got going, since other than my vote on Eevee, we seem to have got away with pretty much no RVS, which is great. So why is Robz so eager to move on and not examine gkrieg's motives? I mean, if he wants to go back to faust's setup discussion or something, that's great, but he's just kind of trying to put the dampers on one conversation and not even divert to a new thing.

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2017, 05:44:56 pm »

I did not think gkrieg was breadcrumbing traitor, and if he was, maybe he's town and wants to screw with mafia. So this is a total null thing that does not matter.

Of all the commentary on gkrieg's breadcrumb and faust's questioning of it, this is the post that feels scummiest to me.

To me, the comment and the various reactions to it clearly matter, and it's the best non-null thing we've got going, since other than my vote on Eevee, we seem to have got away with pretty much no RVS, which is great. So why is Robz so eager to move on and not examine gkrieg's motives? I mean, if he wants to go back to faust's setup discussion or something, that's great, but he's just kind of trying to put the dampers on one conversation and not even divert to a new thing.

Oh, I think people seizing on it is interesting, and I'm glad it moved us out of RVS, and watching gkrieg try to defend it is possibly illuminating. I was just giving my opinion on the actual incident in question--not the reaction to it, or whether it was good or bad for enhancing discussion. And as for the actual thing, gkrieg coming out of the gates with a reference to the Traitor, I don't think it's scummy whatsoever, for the reason I stated.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2017, 06:18:45 pm »

faust is town
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2017, 09:03:02 pm »

i mean it sorta makes sense. scum will be combing the thread for breadcrumbs n softclaims, much more than town (see M86). granted, the ploy has fuckall chance of working, but, i mean, as far as first posts go, it's not the dumbest thing to do.

what's happened?
That said,
is scummy

uh, thanks, everyone, for telling everyone how to read everyone

not a fan of the "always scum" epidemic

RR might be town

eevee might be town

i forgive you, sa

sa might be scum

spqr

ooh, wait. if there is an SK, i think that it might serve them to claim now for reasons i will explain later

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2017, 09:59:14 pm »

Vote Count 1.1

schadd (1): Ichimaru Gin
Eevee (1): SpaceAnemone
gkrieg13 (3): LaLight, faust, Calamitas
Calamitas (1): schadd

Not Voting (5): Roadrunner7671, Awaclus, Robz888, Eevee, gkrieg13

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 will last 10 days. The deadline for Day 1 will be Thursday, 19 January,  at 1 AM forum time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:11:31 pm by 2.71828..... »
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M92: xkcd Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2017, 12:30:39 am »

Well, I was joking when I voted for gkrieg, though his defence is really scummy. And THIS and this alone makes gkrieg town. See "Robz alignment indicators". Scum!gkrieg would defend himself so perfectly, you would not suspect him of anything for another 4-5 games. This is not the case, for now, town on gkrieg. Unvote

Prod: Awaclus i suppose?

Slight scum on everyone else. Exactly 0 alignment-indicative events happened.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2017, 04:26:50 am »

Well, I was joking when I voted for gkrieg, though his defence is really scummy. And THIS and this alone makes gkrieg town. See "Robz alignment indicators". Scum!gkrieg would defend himself so perfectly, you would not suspect him of anything for another 4-5 games. This is not the case, for now, town on gkrieg. Unvote

How can you have a town read on gkrieg when 0 alignment-indicative events happened?

Also I am not sure that gkrieg is as good a scum player as Robz. I don't have a standout memory from a gkrieg scum game, could you provide one?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2017, 04:44:05 am »

Vote: LaLight

I don't know, seems like you are trying to contribute without really saying anything. As faust points out, it's very odd to say nothing that's happened is alignment-indicative if you also developed a town read for gkrieg from it.

I think, based on gkrieg's reaction, he was surprised about the reaction for this. I think had he cooked this up as a scheme (as a traitor), he would have anticipated a reaction like this being possible more likely than town!him just thinking of a ploy on a whim and posting it, and now being surprised how it's received. All in all, I thinkfor  someone capable of being measured, like gkrieg, this is a town tell. Wasn't it totally a thing in the past that our day 1 lynches were always town that had tried something a little unorthodox?

So yeah, a slight townread on gkrieg, because I think the narrative fits better that way. Glad to warp through RVS like this, so well done gkrieg in that regard!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2017, 04:52:16 am »

How can you have a town read on gkrieg when 0 alignment-indicative events happened?

Also I am not sure that gkrieg is as good a scum player as Robz. I don't have a standout memory from a gkrieg scum game, could you provide one?

0 outside of gkrieg's townread. He is a perfect scum player. M86, no single vote for him even given his counterclaim.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2017, 04:56:23 am »

I don't know, seems like you are trying to contribute without really saying anything. As faust points out, it's very odd to say nothing that's happened is alignment-indicative if you also developed a town read for gkrieg from it.

I am trying to contribute, that's the point. I think gkrieg is town. Outside of that, I don't see anything. Yet. Voting for me is strange, given that all our conversation consisted of gkrieg's ploy discussion, I just try to think wider and analyse the analysis.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2017, 04:57:03 am »

I don't know why and how it will help anyone, but Eevee's vote a little offended me :)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2017, 04:57:39 am »

Unvote We are cool.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2017, 05:00:32 am »

Unvote We are cool.

nono, I know we're cool, i didn't try to AtE, it's just I didn't get the reasoning behind the vote :)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2017, 05:01:52 am »

i mean it sorta makes sense. scum will be combing the thread for breadcrumbs n softclaims, much more than town (see M86). granted, the ploy has fuckall chance of working, but, i mean, as far as first posts go, it's not the dumbest thing to do.

what's happened?
That said,
is scummy

uh, thanks, everyone, for telling everyone how to read everyone

not a fan of the "always scum" epidemic

RR might be town

eevee might be town

i forgive you, sa

sa might be scum

spqr

ooh, wait. if there is an SK, i think that it might serve them to claim now for reasons i will explain later

I don't know what to think about that post. Typical schadd. What's spqr btw?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2017, 05:04:02 am »

Unvote We are cool.

nono, I know we're cool, i didn't try to AtE, it's just I didn't get the reasoning behind the vote :)
I realized we are pretty much in agreement, and I was just jumping on the way you worded your post, which is dumb from my part. But at least we got you reacting to a vote out of this!

I don't think I've ever played with schadd before. I anticipate having a tough time reading him (is it him?).

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2017, 05:14:08 am »

Unvote We are cool.

I realized we are pretty much in agreement, and I was just jumping on the way you worded your post, which is dumb from my part. But at least we got you reacting to a vote out of this!

I don't think I've ever played with schadd before. I anticipate having a tough time reading him (is it him?).

Yeah, i have sometimes a problem with formulating.

It is him and it is indeed hard.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2017, 05:18:57 am »

I don't think I can get prodded, I just posted like 14 hours ago.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2017, 05:26:13 am »

I don't think I can get prodded, I just posted like 14 hours ago.

Missed that, sorry :)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2017, 05:30:42 am »

I don't know what to think about that post. Typical schadd. What's spqr btw?
Senatus Populusque Romanus

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 10, 2017, 05:34:06 am »

I think, based on gkrieg's reaction, he was surprised about the reaction for this. I think had he cooked this up as a scheme (as a traitor), he would have anticipated a reaction like this being possible more likely than town!him just thinking of a ploy on a whim and posting it, and now being surprised how it's received. All in all, I thinkfor  someone capable of being measured, like gkrieg, this is a town tell. Wasn't it totally a thing in the past that our day 1 lynches were always town that had tried something a little unorthodox?

So yeah, a slight townread on gkrieg, because I think the narrative fits better that way. Glad to warp through RVS like this, so well done gkrieg in that regard!
It's true that gkrieg's play doesn't add up if if was really supposed to be Traitor signaling. But it also doesn't add up as a town ploy. I don't really that much think he's a Traitor, but that doesn't mean he cannot be scum.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43  All

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 17 queries.