Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65  All

Author Topic: M89: Best Dominion Card Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 157767 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M89: Best Dominion Card Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #425 on: November 17, 2016, 02:02:48 pm »

PPs is town.  I agree with him re. Calamitas.  Calamitas seems very much like he is fishing, but I actually think it may be for reasons other than being scum..

Also another note on Jake, if I were LaLight and designing my first game, I would definitely put a cop in.  I think newer players think they are cooler than they really are, and blah blah blah, something about this game.

So PPS is town, Jake is town, and Calamitas is townie to me.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 17, 2016, 02:23:38 pm »

So it is pretty close to 2 whole days since the last time Robz has posted, and it has been almost exactly 1 day since eevee has posted.  I haven't looked at the VLA thread to see if Robz said anything there, but 2 days is a bit much if that's just lurking.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 17, 2016, 02:39:24 pm »

Robz is VLA till this evening.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 17, 2016, 02:40:10 pm »

Vote: SA

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 17, 2016, 03:26:01 pm »

Just so PPS knows someone has noticed, I really appreciate your 'interactions' with McGarnacle
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 17, 2016, 03:35:16 pm »

I'm just gonna ignore PPS because he's making no sense to me so does anyone else wanna comment on a possible McG lynch

I'd like to document the fact that Jake is explicitly ignoring my request to demonstrate how McGladiator's wagon is clearly town driven. I've given a clear narrative for why and how it is scum driven. I can't help but interpret his refusal as inability.

On that note I'd like to point out that you completely ignored my remark abou the Calamitas wagon.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 17, 2016, 03:40:36 pm »

I'm just gonna ignore PPS because he's making no sense to me so does anyone else wanna comment on a possible McG lynch

I'd like to document the fact that Jake is explicitly ignoring my request to demonstrate how McGladiator's wagon is clearly town driven. I've given a clear narrative for why and how it is scum driven. I can't help but interpret his refusal as inability.

On that note I'd like to point out that you completely ignored my remark abou the Calamitas wagon.

I missed it. I just went back and looked for it and still missed it. Care to quote/link it? I'm certainly not ignoring you.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 17, 2016, 03:54:49 pm »

You said this.

I'm actually feeling good about the Jake wagon because I think scum would have already run it through if he were town. I'm suspicious of SA and Lekkit for trying to divert to McGroceries as I don't see the case there at all.

I responded with this.

pingpongsam, I assume you have no objections to the Calamitas case, then?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 17, 2016, 04:17:07 pm »

I never saw your requests and I have no objection. Also where is McG he has been lurking for a day and I've seen him post on other threads today
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 17, 2016, 04:20:08 pm »

You said this.

I'm actually feeling good about the Jake wagon because I think scum would have already run it through if he were town. I'm suspicious of SA and Lekkit for trying to divert to McGroceries as I don't see the case there at all.

I responded with this.

Well, it's no so much objection as analysis. I think based on the interaction Calamitas is opposite alignment of Jake. I realize that's not airtight or anything but it's my operating assumption right now. I feel Calamitas has done things that are definitely scummy looking but I don't think he does those things as scum, not that brazenly or maybe clumsily. In fact, I can find town narrative for his behavior. I do not see town narrative for Jake's behavior so if I presume Jake scum then I presume Calamitas town. If we flip calmitas town does anyone else then presume Jake scum? If not, then I have no real interest in Calamitas today as i would be alone in my understanding of his flip.

I'm open to the idea they are both town but completely closed to the idea they are both scum.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 17, 2016, 04:21:08 pm »

I never saw your requests and I have no objection. Also where is McG he has been lurking for a day and I've seen him post on other threads today

Objection to what? I object to his lynch, if that is what you are referring to him you are clearly not objecting to it by voting him. What I'm asking from you is to give a town representation of how the wagon has formed on him much like I colored it a scum wagon.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 17, 2016, 04:27:02 pm »

Objection to what? I object to his lynch, if that is what you are referring to him you are clearly not objecting to it by voting him. What I'm asking from you is to give a town representation of how the wagon has formed on him much like I colored it a scum wagon.
Ok McG has said some scummy things one but two and what really made me vote for McG was McG's awful defense against those accusations. McG's defense was that because he was town in the other two games and played like this he must be town. That is why I'm voting for McG PPS
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 17, 2016, 04:39:26 pm »

You said this.

I responded with this.

Well, it's no so much objection as analysis. I think based on the interaction Calamitas is opposite alignment of Jake. I realize that's not airtight or anything but it's my operating assumption right now. I feel Calamitas has done things that are definitely scummy looking but I don't think he does those things as scum, not that brazenly or maybe clumsily. In fact, I can find town narrative for his behavior. I do not see town narrative for Jake's behavior so if I presume Jake scum then I presume Calamitas town. If we flip calmitas town does anyone else then presume Jake scum? If not, then I have no real interest in Calamitas today as i would be alone in my understanding of his flip.

I'm open to the idea they are both town but completely closed to the idea they are both scum.
The thing is that you shouldn't give me a town/scumread because of Jake flipping as either. As town I don't know Jakes alignment so it doesn't change my behaviour in that regard. It is for town!Calamitas' behaviour irrelevant whether Jake's alignment is actually town or actually scum.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 17, 2016, 04:44:36 pm »

You said this.

I responded with this.

Allright. So here's the thing. SA were voting McG. People were voting Jake. All of a sudden, IDPTG and GKrieg started going for Calamitas. At pretty much the same time I posted my thoughts on McG. Then there were some hammer intent and stuff, and then the claim followed by Calamitas request. At the time, there was no way you would know that's how Calamitas would react and frankly, I don't see how turning to McG was much scummier than Calamitas. But yet you didn't even mention it. My point is. Two similar wagons. You decided one was scummy and the other one wasn't.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 17, 2016, 05:39:50 pm »

Wow, whole lot went down during my VLA. I just read thru it as quickly as possible, probably missing things, that's going to hurt, oh well. Maybe can re-read more carefully this weekend, because I felt like there were some key interactions there.

But the big thing is, I don't believe Jake at all. So everything else is really beside the point. I absolutely still advocate his lynch. This is the claim scum makes--in fact, if I were Jake's partner, I would have told him to claim cop if he was in danger of being lynched, hoping to out a cop. I'm confident other vets very well may have done the same (in fact, maybe they did!). Lack of counterclaim means little in this setup.

So I'm still mega in favor of lynching Jake. More in favor of it, if anything.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 17, 2016, 05:41:37 pm »

I don't find Calamitas scummy at all for pressing for details, even if that wasn't a good idea, but I'm not convinced it was a bad idea, and I probably would have done the same. Actually, Calamitas's reaction seemed very townie to me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 17, 2016, 05:42:37 pm »

Also the PPS thing is very clearly not a scumslip. He said scum know everyone's alignment. That's true... scum do know that!

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 17, 2016, 05:54:51 pm »

Well sience you people are just going to follow the vets and lynch me I'm going too say that my scum reads are robz as scum leader ( Not a role but vet leads scum in actions) McG looked like scum early but has silenced sience he was accused and also because robz probably told him too and for my third scum read I'm trying to decide between RR, Lek and calm. May have more too go on but over half the players in this game are lurking which makes it hard too read so none of the three choices may be scum but out of who's talking that's who I think is scum
Baseball For Life

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 17, 2016, 05:55:24 pm »

I'm leaning scum on Robz. Why don't you want to give Jake a night to do something?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 17, 2016, 05:56:50 pm »

Does anyone object to me proding Dylan, McG, Ee and IDPTG?
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 17, 2016, 05:57:19 pm »

I would like to hear what they have to say and they are being inactive
Baseball For Life

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2016, 05:58:02 pm »

I'm leaning scum on Robz. Why don't you want to give Jake a night to do something?

Because he's lying.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2016, 06:20:45 pm »

Because he's lying.
But the downside of letting him live throughout the night is pretty much null if we lynch surviving!Jake (not sure whether we should do that, but it is strictly better than lynching Jake outright)
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2016, 06:27:51 pm »

Let me put it this way: being suckered by PR claims is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. It's been a major flaw of my town game in the past. This is either an extraordinary coincidence or the exact thing a scum would do, or be coached to do.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2016, 06:32:46 pm »

Because he's lying.

But letting him live one night is worth it
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 65  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.