Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65  All

Author Topic: M89: Best Dominion Card Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 156183 times)

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
Re: M89: Best Dominion Card Mafia (Game Over)
« Reply #1550 on: December 05, 2016, 11:25:25 am »

No frustration or any ill feelings towards anyone from me, just to me it didn't look like either side gained a decisive advantage and I think we could have played it through, I do understand that from a mod perspective, the game state is a difficult thing to take into account when making a decision like this.

Agreed. I'm sorry it had to end this way, but I can't fault LaLight (or faust) for the decision.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 05, 2016, 11:25:31 am »

As much as it sucks to have ended this way, I'm glad that it did.  I have been intentionally trying to make the wording of my QTs consistent, just to avoid this sort of thing, but maybe this game will make it so that people will be better at not trying to exploit the information that the mod gave them.  I think trying to gain an advantage from something that you were clearly not supposed to have an advantage with is a very dangerous line to cross.

Also in other news, I liked LaLight's post in the mod QT saying that closed setups are the worst.  I totally agree!  They are super fun for RMM, where people are expecting things to be a little bit crazy, but I think for standard setups, it is much better for people to know most parts of the setup, and it makes it a million times easier to mod. 

That is why I strongly advise any new mod to mod a standard open setup before they get into design, because as you can see, there is a lot of weird things about being a mod, like realizing that the wording of your QT posts need to be consistent, or knowing when to draw the line with scum asking for certain information, that are really hard to determine when the person asking you for the information is more experienced than you are, but you still feel they shouldn't get that information.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 05, 2016, 11:26:01 am »

I advised this course of action. Please relay all your frustration to me.

There was my mistake in the fundament.

I don't really think so. Dylan could easily have asked for clarification in the QT instead of jumping to conclusions.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 05, 2016, 11:26:30 am »

From what I saw, (and I'm not sure I remember correctly) Robz should have also been modkilled, for fake-quoting, but it's kind of difficult to say.

Possibly. But then it would still have been endgame, so that decision wasn't all that relevant.

That isn't true at all.  2 towns being dead and one scum being dead would've left us at LYLO

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 05, 2016, 11:27:33 am »

As much as it sucks to have ended this way, I'm glad that it did.  I have been intentionally trying to make the wording of my QTs consistent, just to avoid this sort of thing, but maybe this game will make it so that people will be better at not trying to exploit the information that the mod gave them.  I think trying to gain an advantage from something that you were clearly not supposed to have an advantage with is a very dangerous line to cross.

Also in other news, I liked LaLight's post in the mod QT saying that closed setups are the worst.  I totally agree!  They are super fun for RMM, where people are expecting things to be a little bit crazy, but I think for standard setups, it is much better for people to know most parts of the setup, and it makes it a million times easier to mod. 

That is why I strongly advise any new mod to mod a standard open setup before they get into design, because as you can see, there is a lot of weird things about being a mod, like realizing that the wording of your QT posts need to be consistent, or knowing when to draw the line with scum asking for certain information, that are really hard to determine when the person asking you for the information is more experienced than you are, but you still feel they shouldn't get that information.

Generally agree. I will add that I wouldn't mind seeing a semi-open version of this setup run some time in the future. It has potential I think.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 05, 2016, 11:28:22 am »

I advised this course of action. Please relay all your frustration to me.

There was my mistake in the fundament.

I don't really think so. Dylan could easily have asked for clarification in the QT instead of jumping to conclusions.

Thing is he asked and i gave a clarification..

Also, all the players QTs are in the mod qt. Here are some woth seeing.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 05, 2016, 11:29:04 am »

From what I saw, (and I'm not sure I remember correctly) Robz should have also been modkilled, for fake-quoting, but it's kind of difficult to say.

Possibly. But then it would still have been endgame, so that decision wasn't all that relevant.

That isn't true at all.  2 towns being dead and one scum being dead would've left us at LYLO

Wouldn't it be the night then? As is endgame?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 05, 2016, 11:29:58 am »

Generally agree. I will add that I wouldn't mind seeing a semi-open version of this setup run some time in the future. It has potential I think.

I'll do it in some time.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 05, 2016, 11:31:38 am »

Doesn't that make a mod kill always favor scum if it automatically goes to night?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 05, 2016, 11:33:18 am »

Doesn't that make a mod kill always favor scum if it automatically goes to night?

God true. My mistake.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: December 05, 2016, 11:35:33 am »

Oh crap... for some reason I thought this was LyLo andnot MyLo...

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 05, 2016, 11:38:09 am »

Oh crap... for some reason I thought this was LyLo andnot MyLo...

Does that mean we can call it a tie? :D

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 05, 2016, 11:49:27 am »

I'm sorry, everyone.  I should have realized. 

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 05, 2016, 11:52:02 am »

I'm sorry, everyone.  I should have realized.
we forgive you
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 05, 2016, 11:53:32 am »

Oh and special thanks to SA and Robz, it was a pleasure!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 05, 2016, 11:57:00 am »

We are waiting for you in other games :-)

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 05, 2016, 11:57:52 am »

I knew you were scum Eevee!!!  :)
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 05, 2016, 11:58:08 am »

As i mentioned in qt, game was more than interesting. Thanks to everybody, really.

Also, scumteam, types were randomized. It was not 4-4-4

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 05, 2016, 12:06:29 pm »

Oh no it's not your mistake. I'm pretty sure that is usually true of mod kills. Like I feel like we should change that as a community.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 05, 2016, 12:09:12 pm »

Also, scumteam, types were randomized. It was not 4-4-4

It worked as an assumption, and saved us from failing to kill Calamitas N1 :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 05, 2016, 12:10:07 pm »

@PPS What on earth gave me away? You were really scarily good all through that game!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 05, 2016, 12:11:25 pm »

I got the message for me in your QT :-) You and Robz were great scum-buddies to learn from!

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: M89: Best Dominion Card Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1572 on: December 05, 2016, 12:15:53 pm »

The thread and the way to my depression are unlocked

*great big hugs* :-)

It was a fantastic set-up! It was a challenge with it being closed, and I'm sorry for my part in pushing to have people dissect the wording of the novel rules.

Like the Worms game in RMM37, I've really thoroughly enjoyed having a bit of an extra mechanic to puzzle out, and it was really cleverly done to let all the PRs interact with only a subset of the overall player set.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 05, 2016, 12:34:13 pm »

Okay, I see I missed some stuff! I agree with the decision to call the game, and I don't blame anyone involved. These things can happen. Hope nobody feels too bad, including LaLight and Dyan.

I do think closed setups should be confined to RMM, with rare exception.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 05, 2016, 12:45:59 pm »

Kudos to gkrieg, who had us dead to rights.

In case it wasn't clear, I was a scum Roleblocker, and the wording in my PM was indeed exactly the same as the wording in other role PMs. That's why I appealed to LL to do something (although I didn't personally recommend mod-killing), I felt like I was losing the argument with Dylan because of an advantage that he both shouldn't have, and also wasn't valid--mine DID say what his said--but I was left with no way to argue it.

I think there was a good chance town was going to correctly lynch me instead of Dylan even before that came up, but then the way he did it with the PM thing was also basically ICing him, which would have meant no one would have seriously considered the possibility of us both being scum, and that woulda been real bad.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.