Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Will Envoy get a reprint?  (Read 3507 times)

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
Will Envoy get a reprint?
« on: October 07, 2016, 05:45:42 pm »

I know in the secret history Donald mentioned cards like Pirate Ship will get reprinted with the correct wording, but will Envoy get fixed wording despite it's being a promo?
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Will Envoy get a reprint?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:22:41 pm »
+1

I know in the secret history Donald mentioned cards like Pirate Ship will get reprinted with the correct wording, but will Envoy get fixed wording despite it's being a promo?

Yes. Stash will get a fixed wording, and Stash is a promo. Therefore, it is logical to conclude that Envoy will as well.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 10:44:42 pm »

I'm curious how BM will be reworded. Talk about a card that literally does not explain itself.

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1471
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 11:23:00 pm »

I assume similarly to the Advisor wording right now? Since they pretty much do the same.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 01:54:57 am »
+1

Yes, eventually.

sorawotobu

• Spy
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 02:15:33 am »
+2

Given Masquerade's functional change, any chance that a reprint of Black Market would allow you to use coin tokens? It's consistent with the current wording in the sense that it doesn't say you're allowed to use coin tokens but also doesn't say you're allowed to play treasures.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 03:35:17 pm »
+2

Given Masquerade's functional change, any chance that a reprint of Black Market would allow you to use coin tokens? It's consistent with the current wording in the sense that it doesn't say you're allowed to use coin tokens but also doesn't say you're allowed to play treasures.
No. It would be extra text on a super-wordy card.

sorawotobu

• Spy
  • Respect: +140
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 07:19:39 pm »
+2

No. It would be extra text on a super-wordy card.

But allowing you to play treasures apparently takes up 0 space on the card, why would allowing you to play coin tokens take up any more than that?

//edit: A picture for reference:

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:23:43 pm by sorawotobu »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 09:23:23 pm »
+3

But allowing you to play treasures apparently takes up 0 space on the card, why would allowing you to play coin tokens take up any more than that?
If you're not just being hilarious, playing treasures does take up space, obv. obv., you just haven't seen that version yet.

Black Market dates way back. Early on Buying cards implicitly let you spend treasures, and they were spent not played (and there was no Buy phase). Some Prosperity cards said "when you spend this." That was confusing, e.g. when the card made $2 and you spent it on different things. Later I changed it all to the way you know it, but Black Market slipped out.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 12:46:37 am »

Now that Woodcutter is out, how does this version of Black Market look?

Black Market
Action -
+1 Buy
+
Reveal the top three cards of the Black Market deck. During your Buy phase, you may buy up to 1 of those cards. During Clean up, return the rest to the bottom of the Black Market deck in any order.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 01:37:41 am »
+5

Like it's not happening! I'm not just messing with cards as if they were never published.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 02:31:12 am »

Like it's not happening! I'm not just messing with cards as if they were never published.

Oh, I wasn't suggesting a replacement. This was simply hypothetical.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.695 seconds with 20 queries.