Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46  All

Author Topic: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Game over)  (Read 109462 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: RMM37: Worms Armageddon Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: October 18, 2016, 01:08:30 pm »

i just use the regular blue from the change color dropdown list. but thanks

ok. que sera sera
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2016, 01:12:16 pm »

ok. que sera sera

That's weird. It changed it to hex when I quoted it, and I don't think that normally happens for colors.

a
b
c
d

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2016, 01:12:43 pm »

ok. que sera sera

That's weird. It changed it to hex when I quoted it, and I don't think that normally happens for colors.

a
b
c
d

Ya usually they stay the same as just the letters.  What about blue

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2016, 01:12:54 pm »

ok. que sera sera

a
b
c
d

Ya usually they stay the same as just the letters.  What about blue

nope still the same

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2016, 01:21:54 pm »

my posts are weird in more ways than 1
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 18, 2016, 01:34:08 pm »

@Ghacob, sorry about that.

That was a townie post by them. Town read strengthened.

What was townie about that post?

They seem like town!ghacob from ONUW. Which isn't exactly the same, but it's enough for me to town read them for now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #231 on: October 18, 2016, 02:18:42 pm »

So gkrieg is a very hard-to-read player and seems to be pretty confident here. vote: gkrieg.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 18, 2016, 02:45:24 pm »

I guess bidding is just extreme WIFOM. And it still looks like J Reggie is just slinging votes around
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 18, 2016, 03:29:12 pm »

I guess bidding is just extreme WIFOM. And it still looks like J Reggie is just slinging votes around

JR has voted for five different people already.  I've seen several people say they read him as town. Could someone explain what it is that makes you read town, because irl, in any game I've ever played, accusing that many people first round would almost for sure get the accuser lynched.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2016, 03:36:49 pm »

JR has voted for five different people already.  I've seen several people say they read him as town. Could someone explain what it is that makes you read town, because irl, in any game I've ever played, accusing that many people first round would almost for sure get the accuser lynched.

It's not pro-town to tunnel the same person all of D1.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 18, 2016, 03:44:35 pm »

Yeah I'm aware of that. Obviously your vote will change from a random vote right at the beginning to something slightly more educated as people actually post.  However, voting for half the people in the game seems sort of extreme.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 18, 2016, 04:22:10 pm »

So gkrieg is a very hard-to-read player and seems to be pretty confident here. vote: gkrieg.

Was I confident in my recent scum games?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 18, 2016, 04:23:09 pm »

This isn't true always.  It can often be very pro-town, especially when that person is scum and gets lynched, or instead becomes an IC because they react well under the tunnel.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 18, 2016, 04:23:49 pm »

Part of it for me is that J Reggie seems much more out there, where he seemed more reserved when we were scum together.q

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 18, 2016, 04:24:13 pm »

They seem like town!ghacob from ONUW. Which isn't exactly the same, but it's enough for me to town read them for now.

Have they been scum in ONUW?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 18, 2016, 05:15:11 pm »

Have they been scum in ONUW?

Not in any completed games.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 18, 2016, 07:40:10 pm »

There is no objective strategy for bidding, because it depends entirely on what others do. It's a problem that's theoretically impossible to solve. Quite interesting. All we can hope for is to do better than others. At that you can be good. But it's extended WIFOM.

It's already really late, so I don't have time to get into as much forum stuff as I'd like tonight, but I want to maybe argue with this a bit. I mean, I agree it's theoretically impossible to solve, but not that we all should hope to do better than others. I think certain town roles, and presumably most scum roles, might benefit from being early in the priority queue. Then there are town roles whose priority order matters less, and I think maybe the voting strategy for those roles can be thought out separately, so as to purposefully boost town PR's chance of getting a high queue score.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 18, 2016, 07:47:55 pm »

Hurrah, Ghacob appears, and their stuff seems solid!

Will engage more later (like, after work) with responding to ideas, since I think I'm up for exploring what we can reason out as town.

In the meantime, Vote: Chairs.

Man I'm not sure I'll be able to ever read you.  You always seem so scummy to me.  Why is Ghacob's post solid?

Also as a side note, I'm against doing the thing that Ghacob is promoting doing.  I don't think there needs to be any coordination between town members, and talking about it can only lead to bad things.

I just don't see what you find so hard about me :-P I'm mostly just very straighforward.

What I liked about Ghacob's post is that they sound approximately as confused about similar issues as I am, and that particular blend of uncertainty feels to me like it would be a tricky set of unknowns to intuit well from an all-knowing scum perspective. I'm not going to join the discussion of whether we should claim more stuff just now because it's coming up for 1am and I have to sleep soon. But something else someone else has said since has actually been more informative than I think they intended to be, which is nice.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 18, 2016, 07:49:04 pm »

I think certain town roles, and presumably most scum roles, might benefit from being early in the priority queue. Then there are town roles whose priority order matters less, and I think maybe the voting strategy for those roles can be thought out separately, so as to purposefully boost town PR's chance of getting a high queue score.
well, firstly, it says in the setup that town roles and scum roles are supposed to be from the same batch. although perhaps you mean that being scum in and of itself makes you want to do one thing or another. which would probably be, try to be earlier in the turn order

secondly, here's another tip for you all; the walrus was paul. which is to say, of course, that my role affirms the thing that spaceanemone said, one direction or another.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2016, 09:05:50 am »

Man blue really was a good choice. Oh and look at you getting all fancy with the pure blue hex color!

Ooh! If I do fancy hex, will gkrieg like me better? :-)

Or will he just say it's scummy to be doing something non-alignment-indicative? :-(

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2016, 09:27:04 am »

I think certain town roles, and presumably most scum roles, might benefit from being early in the priority queue. Then there are town roles whose priority order matters less, and I think maybe the voting strategy for those roles can be thought out separately, so as to purposefully boost town PR's chance of getting a high queue score.
well, firstly, it says in the setup that town roles and scum roles are supposed to be from the same batch. although perhaps you mean that being scum in and of itself makes you want to do one thing or another. which would probably be, try to be earlier in the turn order

Scum get to use all of the scum arsenal, it says. So actually a really beneficial thing for them would be to be able to plan what order their turns come in. So Chairs's suggestion about deliberately setting the turn order would be a disaster for town, and would have very limited utility for town in a situation where people aren't willing to talk openly about various capabilities different people might have.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 19, 2016, 10:04:13 am »

Man blue really was a good choice. Oh and look at you getting all fancy with the pure blue hex color!

Or will he just say it's scummy to be doing something non-alignment-indicative? :-(

Woah. That is like intense

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2016, 10:05:13 am »

That's dope. I might like you better now

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2016, 10:09:41 am »

\o/
I think the one I did in Olympics was cooler, but nobody commented on it there at all :-P

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 19, 2016, 10:11:22 am »

\o/
I think the one I did in Olympics was cooler, but nobody commented on it there at all :-P
I was scum in Olympics  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 46  All

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 16 queries.