Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 96  All

Author Topic: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 211892 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1375 on: September 23, 2016, 04:50:27 pm »

OK, I'm waiting on mod confirmation here, but something smells funny.

If Lalight was given that item last night, it should have prevented him from killing AFAICT.
My assumption is that item trading is in Miscellaneous, which is before Kill, so if he was given a blocker it should have stopped him killing. 

Which makes no sense.  I'm leaning strongly towards liar!Lalight here, at least until I get clarification from mail-mi or someone comes in with something that would explain how items might move outside of the night phase.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 23, 2016, 05:15:31 pm »

I know what happened to the curse.

I got it when all of our items got moved around N1.  I asked mail-mi several questions about it.  It does get moved at the end of night, but doesn't activate until the start of day.  I still had a scumread on Reggie at that point and gave it to him.  He must have given it to LaLight last night before he died.  I asked mail-mi about if it would still be given if the player died, and he said yes, that's actually why he switched miscellaneous with kill in the night action resolution order.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 23, 2016, 05:26:09 pm »

I know what happened to the curse.

I got it when all of our items got moved around N1.  I asked mail-mi several questions about it.  It does get moved at the end of night, but doesn't activate until the start of day.  I still had a scumread on Reggie at that point and gave it to him.  He must have given it to LaLight last night before he died.  I asked mail-mi about if it would still be given if the player died, and he said yes, that's actually why he switched miscellaneous with kill in the night action resolution order.
OK.  Dang.  I keep thinking I'm finding things but then not.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: September 23, 2016, 05:48:50 pm »

So I think I believe LaLight and also feel that he hasn't done anything scummy.

EFHW and Haddock and RR are still scummy to me.  None of my opinions on scummy people has really changed.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1379 on: September 23, 2016, 06:32:16 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

sudgy (2): LaLight, gkreig13
LaLight (2): Roadrunner7671, Calamitas
Haddock (1): EFHW
Roadrunner7671 (1): Archetype

Not Voting (3): silverspawn, sudgy, Haddock

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.  Day 3 ends at 2:30 PM FT on Saturday, October 1st.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: September 23, 2016, 06:59:22 pm »

Vote: LaLight for now, at least until we find something better.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 23, 2016, 10:16:30 pm »

Can anyone claim having it last night?

I received it and passed it to LaLight.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 23, 2016, 10:20:17 pm »

err wait no. I received it at the start of day 1 and then it was stolen along with everything else. nvm.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 24, 2016, 06:15:39 am »

I haven't seen it.
What does it do?  Just completely block all your actions?
Target X, every night action from X cannot be interefered with. So its pretty much an anti-roleblocker which doesn't make sense without an actual rb.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 24, 2016, 03:41:26 pm »

I haven't seen it.
Target X, every night action from X cannot be interefered with. So its pretty much an anti-roleblocker which doesn't make sense without an actual rb.
It took me a while to realise that you were reiterating your claim as I asked, rather than explaining the Curse Card, which is not that :P

I've been busy all day, gotta say I was expecting to come here needing to catch up.  Not much going on.

I'll be here and doing some reading this evening.  My instinct says Lalight is probably town, after all the mess that went on with the Curse.  His claim doesn't make sense as a scum thing.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 24, 2016, 03:46:22 pm »

I haven't seen it.
It took me a while to realise that you were reiterating your claim as I asked, rather than explaining the Curse Card, which is not that :P

I've been busy all day, gotta say I was expecting to come here needing to catch up.  Not much going on.

I'll be here and doing some reading this evening.  My instinct says Lalight is probably town, after all the mess that went on with the Curse.  His claim doesn't make sense as a scum thing.
It doesn't as town either. And I think its easier to see the scum narrative behind it than the town narrative. But I admit it isn't a perfect case but I haven't seen a better one yet.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 24, 2016, 03:55:47 pm »

I haven't seen it.
It also seems like it'd prevent redirection too, Mafia could have that. This Curse Card sounds a lot like Paper Money from Board Game Mafia, an item that was owned by a Roleblocker.

I could see it helping against the Curse Card, but I guess it depends on how that's phrased.

Should we game claim? We've already done a lot of POE with that and could potentially do more. It depends on how much time we have left for the day.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 24, 2016, 03:57:28 pm »

vote: RR

I think I like that better than sudgy right now.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 24, 2016, 04:00:12 pm »

I haven't seen it.

It doesn't as town either. And I think its easier to see the scum narrative behind it than the town narrative. But I admit it isn't a perfect case but I haven't seen a better one yet.
Help me see the scum narrative?

I just don't see newbie scum responding so calmly.  I was probing somewhat hard into his night actions, re the Curse Card and stuff.  I was convinced I'd caught scum (well my theory was that he was the Survivor from his game), I think scum!Lalight would have seen that and flailed more.  But he was totally cool-headed. 

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 24, 2016, 04:01:52 pm »

I haven't seen it.
It also seems like it'd prevent redirection too, Mafia could have that. This Curse Card sounds a lot like Paper Money from Board Game Mafia, an item that was owned by a Roleblocker.

I could see it helping against the Curse Card, but I guess it depends on how that's phrased.

Should we game claim? We've already done a lot of POE with that and could potentially do more. It depends on how much time we have left for the day.
Whoa, missed a bunch of PPEs.

Thing is, the softclaims we've had so far, game-claiming for some people is the same as full claiming.

We've got plenty of time left in the day.  almost a whole week I think.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 24, 2016, 04:03:55 pm »

I haven't seen it.

My action would work for anything including curse card, redirection, comuting and obviously roleblocking the way I understand it. Therefore I considered it's inclusion only medium evidence for the existence of a RB, it's still likelier to be included in games with scum RB than in games without.

PPE 3

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 24, 2016, 04:06:03 pm »

I haven't seen it.

Help me see the scum narrative?

I just don't see newbie scum responding so calmly.  I was probing somewhat hard into his night actions, re the Curse Card and stuff.  I was convinced I'd caught scum (well my theory was that he was the Survivor from his game), I think scum!Lalight would have seen that and flailed more.  But he was totally cool-headed.
I wouldn't put it beyond scum!LaLight to react calmly, I would even say it's evidence in favor of scum!LaLight. But have to take another look at his reactions.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: September 24, 2016, 04:08:55 pm »

I could get behind this. 
At the very least I want RR to clear up what went down with the water.  I swear yesterday it was decided he didn't have water after all.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 24, 2016, 04:13:01 pm »

I could get behind this. 
At the very least I want RR to clear up what went down with the water.  I swear yesterday it was decided he didn't have water after all.
He's been on recently and hasn't anything either. For a while, actually.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: September 24, 2016, 04:24:10 pm »

As far as I'm concerned I'm an IC. I have two things:

1. Water that I gave to WW.

2. A modified neighborhood with Faust that I will happily answer questions about.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: September 24, 2016, 04:27:47 pm »

Good points.

vote: EFHW

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 24, 2016, 04:30:48 pm »

I could get behind this. 
He's been on recently and hasn't anything either. For a while, actually.
I'm doing a quick reread of him now.
First thing: this is the quietest, by far, I've ever seen him.  51 posts total, including pregame gumpf. 

He pushes town!Reggie insanely hard:
I learn more from Mafia than high school. So I'm gonna be like chairs, but less helpful. I reread everything but that's pretty much it. J Reggie looks bad, yeah.

How bad does he look?  And why does he look bad?
How bad does he look? Like on a scale of 1-10 maybe like a pretty scummy.

And he's bad because his scumslip looks real and he didn't recover from it well
I learn more from Mafia than high school. So I'm gonna be like chairs, but less helpful. I reread everything but that's pretty much it. J Reggie looks bad, yeah.

So why not vote for him?
I ignored the vote count so he could be a L-something. No need to let him hammer himself!

Also, voting in spirit is enough for me
^^This is super scummy, refusal to vote for someone you're pushing.  He takes ages before he votes.
Okay nothing has really happened in my opinion. I might scummily put J Reggie at L-1 because he scum slipped. That's a big deal
"Look at how scummy I'm being" was a scumtell for RR at one point.  But then he did it once as town.  Still.

Vote: J Reggie

I think?
Ew.  This is L-1.  Which he then announces in his next post, to be fair.

Unvote

This is pretty gross. There really isn't a case. Y'all need to read Sudgey's case against J Reggie
Erm, unvotes Reggie and then encourages people to vote Reggie?
Then this:
Vote: J Reggie

We have a real scumslip, a refusal to claim, and scummy everything else. He really hasn't proven that he's anything even similar to town

So yeah his D1 approach to Reggie looks absolutely awful.

Then there's his claim about a faust neighbourhood.
Okay. For some reason this game has slowed down. So I'm gonna do it. #spillthebeans

I was Faust's neighbor. It was incredibly complicated

So part of my role is a neighbor. However, I didn't pick Faust. I just got shoved in his hood on N0. We chatted for a bit, but this isn't any old neighborhood. This is a neighborhood where we could each take an action each night. Collectively we have 7 shots, I used one last night.

We talked quite a bit though. He confirmed me as town in his first post, and I'm super easy to white knight, so it should be pretty believable that I'm town.

Should I continue?

Gkrieg: How sure are you that there's a poisoner or arsonist?
This is the biggest thing working in his favour.  I don't see why scum makes this up.  What a weird thing to invent.  I mean, unless he's scum, worried that he's let slip somewhere that he and faust were communicating.  But why would he think that?  He's not interacted with faust at all til this point. 

Okay. I didn't want to say anything because I'm super scummy because of this but let's go:

On N0 I had a water bottle. I lost it in the blackout but then I found a water bottle. I don't know if it's mine or not.

Either way, I can't remember why I didn't want to say anything. There was a reason though. Let me find said reason
OK so he does say here that he had the water.  Fair enough.

D2 looks reasonably bad too.  He hasn't mentioned Seprix at all except for this:
Why is Seprix the only one making sense?
until Seprix's botched fakeclaim, and then RR pushes him hard and announces intent to hammer.  (He never gets a chance to hammer but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there)

That's it, in terms of useful contribution.  And now he's just claiming IC all over the place.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 24, 2016, 04:33:23 pm »

But the water.  The water is pretty strong evidence for him.  Presumably water exists in the game, so if RR weren't actually the water-person someone would have counterclaimed. 

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: September 24, 2016, 04:36:34 pm »

Good points.

vote: EFHW
What's the case?

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 24, 2016, 04:37:17 pm »

But the water.  The water is pretty strong evidence for him.  Presumably water exists in the game, so if RR weren't actually the water-person someone would have counterclaimed.
Why is it evidence for town!rr?
The water didn't save WW, therefore we don't know what happened.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 96  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.