Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 96  All

Author Topic: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 213028 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Day 1 Starts!)
« Reply #1150 on: September 18, 2016, 09:21:33 pm »

Ok I just looked at my cutie again to see which game I was from and realized its really bad for town to mislynch me today.
What happened with this?

I claimed deathproof and then got lynched and didn't die. Turns out I was IC'd but I was afraid town were going to waste the first few days trying to lynch me.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1151 on: September 18, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »

More people's contributions would be good.. most people posting are people I'm generally townie on.  Seprix and EFHW should be reread and I'll try to do that.

Basically, I'm dead in two real-life days.  It's not clear to what extent days during the night phase count towards those.
Did you know about this Day 1?  Why didn't you ask for water then?

Reasons.  I also had not realized the increasing water use part of it, so I thought it would not be as urgent. 

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: September 18, 2016, 10:15:01 pm »

I'm still believing in LaLight beeing scum, some reasons I have already.

My suspicion was raised by his Day 1 behaviour. It appeared to be much more concise and substantive than in his previous town game (M85). I could absolutely see newbie!scum playing like that, trying to appear helpful and solvy without doing anything particular scummy.

He argued, that he stepped his game up and became a better player, on its own that might be believable. Though, it doesn't fit at all his Day 2 behaviour.
Actually, there hasn't been a single long post after I have expressed my suspicion. Re-read both days from LaLight for yourself and you will see that those seem to be written by different persons.

This sudden change of behaviour points IMO clearly to scum!LaLight (Either feeling 'caught' or influence of other scum) and therefore vote: LaLight

PPE 4
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 18, 2016, 10:16:10 pm »

I'm still believing in LaLight beeing scum, some reasons I have already stated.

My suspicion was raised by his Day 1 behaviour. It appeared to be much more concise and substantive than in his previous town game (M85). I could absolutely see newbie!scum playing like that, trying to appear helpful and solvy without doing anything particular scummy.

He argued, that he stepped his game up and became a better player, on its own that might be believable. Though, it doesn't fit at all his Day 2 behaviour.
Actually, there hasn't been a single long post after I have expressed my suspicion. Re-read both days from LaLight for yourself and you will see that those seem to be written by different persons.

This sudden change of behaviour points IMO clearly to scum!LaLight (Either feeling 'caught' or influence of other scum) and therefore vote: LaLight

PPE 4
Fixed

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Night 1)
« Reply #1154 on: September 18, 2016, 10:31:53 pm »

Vote Count 2.1

iguanaiguana (2): J Reggie, sudgy
Seprix (3): Lalight, Witherweaver, iguanaiguana
sudgy (1): Haddock
Lalight (1): Calamitas

Not Voting (6): silverspawn, Roadrunner7671, gkreig13, Seprix, Archetype, EFHW

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.  Day 2 ends at 6:00 PM FT on Sunday, September 25th.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 19, 2016, 01:51:35 am »

Alright let's finish up this faust reread so I can start moving forward.

Lots of stuff about wanting to get me lynched and calling me scummy. Very insistent on it and then gives that 'case' on me.

Hummm... it's tempting. But Archetpe is scummy too, and I just spent all this time compiling a nice case on him.
This quote is immediatly following the suggested switch to gkreig. Would faust be this blatant with sweeping a partner? I'm not sure, but faust had been playing fairly scummy and gkreig has said some weird things. So, slight scum?

silverspawn directs towards gkreig which faust disagrees. Doesn't want to lynch Reggie, but does want to lynch me. faust also defends gkreig a bit more with his weird posts.

He basically told us not to lynch him and made a promise to explain it later. We're at day 1, far away from LyLo, I don't see any reason not to give him at least another day.

If he's town, the difference between lynching and not lynching him is big.
If he's scum, the difference between lynching him now and later is small

Alright. I can follow this strategy. You are right. No reason to kill him now.
So what do you want to do instead? You have not been particularly vocal on that issue.
I could see this as a gentle prod to get more involved in the game to a partner.

I'm here. I don't really get Calamitatis claim, and I think it's a bit scummy... it does nothing to prove that he's town, but scum might think a thought-out fakeclaim may sound good to them. So I suppose he moved up to #2 on my "want to lynch" list?

There's still some time, and I want to reread him. I'll be around until the deadline.
Thinks Calamatis is scummy. Interesting note below though:

Scum roles from Calamitatis game:

- a role that can make two players voteless if certain conditions are met. Probably not in here, since it would be pretty easy to see through.
- a role that kills that player that hammers them. That uh makes me not want to lynch Calamitas a bit. Or lynch him while we still have majority lynches. Though I'm not sure how the interaction would work there.
- a Roleblocker. Basic stuff.

There were the mafias. There's also a SK who's also a Watcher+Jailkeeper.

Here through the roles for ourselves here: https://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/AvtThTxUsAqt

Faust got one of the roles wrong. It'd be kinda goofy to do that if that was the role of his partner. So, I think its safe to say that if Calamitas is scum he's not a Reflexive Roleblocker. Also, he's probably not the vengeful hammerer or otherwise he'd of not been so eager to claim and get out of the lynch. And the first one is improbable. So I think he's either SK or Town, but I'm leaning Town.

End of the day, nothing too much. He calls out Seprix and says EFHW wouldn't be like this as scum. He REALLY doesn't want to see Reggie get lynched. Still wants to kill me as does silverspawn for some reason.

So, reads time? I think it's reads time.

From Towny - > Scummy:

Reggie
Calamitas
Witherweaver
LaLight
iguanaiguana
silverspawn
gkreig13
Haddock
[now entering the 'would-lynch' zone]
sudgy
Roadrunner
EFHW
Seprix

None of this is really set in stone...more just general impressions synthesized from the faust reread and recent developments. I'll Vote: Seprix though.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 19, 2016, 01:53:20 am »

WW, when is your deadline?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 19, 2016, 01:59:19 am »

PPE 4

Well. Strong case you have here.
In my defense I want to point out something. At first, look at your own game in Olympics. Now you've improved so very much, haven't you? Second: as I told yet, I can be the reason that no kill occurred N1. I had some ability that can be considered 1-shot and it Jailbreaks. Though it's not my primary.

What is wrong with my D2 behaviour?

Also, one more. I remember you thought I'm scummy in the end of D1. I'll explain my behaviour:

It was the end of the day and I was sure that if we wouldn't find enough votes, there would be no-lynch which on my opinion is bad, cause it gives us no info. So I tried to lynch one of the 'people who were the most suspicious to me. And I was a little afraid than 10 seconds before deadline everyone will come with different vote and we'll have at most 4-5 votes for one person. That's why I sheeped (Silverspawn, I think).

That's it. Also I read you town after this post.

PPE
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 19, 2016, 02:53:02 am »

PPE 4

vote: LaLight

Saying a case on you is good, particularly when it's not yet consensus, is a big scum tell I believe.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: September 19, 2016, 02:57:36 am »

PPE 4

vote: LaLight

Saying a case on you is good, particularly when it's not yet consensus, is a big scum tell I believe.

It was nothing but sarcasm.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 19, 2016, 03:10:47 am »

oh it was? I frankly tabbed out and wanted to read the case later, since i assumed that the case was less of a reason to vote than you saying it was strong

unvote until I read the case and your response and decide whether it was sarcasm.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 19, 2016, 03:12:31 am »

it was. that's too bad.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 19, 2016, 05:49:24 am »

Iguana's not a good lynch.

And, yes, lynching early and me staying alive is better than me dying.

I have super limited time for this game right now so I'll take a risk and sheep you as long as your vote isn't awful. Are you still thinking EFHW?

I guess I should reread.  Don't have a good feeling on Seprix.

You think I'm scummy every game, and you're wrong every time. Didn't you learn from the Olympics game?

Vote: Seprix

I'm OK with this.  His interactions with faust are pretty bad.
Can we deal with this water thing first though?  If RR has it...

It seemed to me like RR was saying that he had it yesterday, but it got shuffled around with all the items.  (I had an item yesterday and it got swapped at the beginning of the night.)
Yeah sorry of course.  Confused. 

I'm totally fine with vote: Seprix then.  (L-2)?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 19, 2016, 06:52:33 am »

Archetype why am I in the would lynch zone? If I get lynched the water has issues
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 19, 2016, 09:17:09 am »

Archetype why am I in the would lynch zone? If I get lynched the water has issues
Because I think you're scummy. Though if you do save WW that's pretty towny.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 19, 2016, 09:36:50 am »

We have to lynch today, like nowish.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 19, 2016, 09:36:59 am »

I still may die during night.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 19, 2016, 09:38:07 am »

The only ones I would lynch today are efhw and LaLight, with clear preference for LaLight.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 19, 2016, 09:38:56 am »

The only ones I would lynch today are efhw and LaLight, with clear preference for LaLight.

What do you think on Seprix?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 19, 2016, 09:40:59 am »

Alright, Vote: EFHW

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: September 19, 2016, 09:42:02 am »

What do you think on Seprix?
Slight scum, not enough to lynch by now.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 19, 2016, 09:57:11 am »

vote: Seprix

Possible L-1. I'm not sure who WW is voting for

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: September 19, 2016, 09:58:16 am »

I think that is just L-2 because WW was voting for Seprix but I'm no my phone so not entirely sure

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: September 19, 2016, 10:00:29 am »

I went to EFHW, who I think I prefer more, but I'd do either.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: September 19, 2016, 10:02:27 am »

I went to EFHW, who I think I prefer more, but I'd do either.

I actually have a similar opinion
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 96  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.