Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 96  All

Author Topic: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 212963 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1125 on: September 17, 2016, 11:37:24 pm »

Okay. I didn't want to say anything because I'm super scummy because of this but let's go:

On N0 I had a water bottle. I lost it in the blackout but then I found a water bottle. I don't know if it's mine or not.

Either way, I can't remember why I didn't want to say anything. There was a reason though. Let me find said reason

Town on RR. Scum wouldn't talk about water bottles I wouldn't imagine.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 17, 2016, 11:38:01 pm »

So no one has water?
I'd like it back
Okay, I remembered. I was hoping someone would pick up that I lost water to see if there were more water bottles floating around. Apparently not
PPE 2
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 17, 2016, 11:38:15 pm »

So Town includes RR, J Reggie, and Iguana.

Scum reads so far include Haddock, WW, and SS (as usual  ::))
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 17, 2016, 11:39:27 pm »

Oh wait, WW was the guy going on about lack of water. Never mind then. Haddock and SS it is then.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 17, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »

Should we item claim?

My guess is that mafia has the water, but if we item claim(what we had N0 and what we have now, we could get people the right stuff that they need)

What if mafia has some power (or item) related to items?  It might be the right idea, but just remember that there could be a lot of wrong ideas as well.

I was wondering, what if WW's water died with faust?  If someone holding an item dies, does the item die with them?

The item may or may not get destroyed.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 18, 2016, 05:15:16 am »

So no one has water?
I'd like it back
Okay, I remembered. I was hoping someone would pick up that I lost water to see if there were more water bottles floating around. Apparently not
PPE 2
Can you give it to WW?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 18, 2016, 10:31:12 am »

I'll be waiting for WW to decide and sheep. 24 hour post.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 18, 2016, 12:01:59 pm »

So no one has water?
I'd like it back
PPE 2
Can you give it to WW?
Let's go read the setup together
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 18, 2016, 12:18:12 pm »

So no one has water?
I'd like it back
PPE 2
Can you give it to WW?
Let's go read the setup together
Oops

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 18, 2016, 12:40:14 pm »

Iguana's not a good lynch.

And, yes, lynching early and me staying alive is better than me dying.

I have super limited time for this game right now so I'll take a risk and sheep you as long as your vote isn't awful. Are you still thinking EFHW?

I guess I should reread.  Don't have a good feeling on Seprix.

You think I'm scummy every game, and you're wrong every time. Didn't you learn from the Olympics game?

Vote: Seprix

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 18, 2016, 12:47:53 pm »

I have super limited time for this game right now so I'll take a risk and sheep you as long as your vote isn't awful. Are you still thinking EFHW?

You think I'm scummy every game, and you're wrong every time. Didn't you learn from the Olympics game?

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 18, 2016, 12:55:07 pm »

I'm OK with this.  His interactions with faust are pretty bad.
Can we deal with this water thing first though?  If RR has it...
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 18, 2016, 01:03:34 pm »

Faust reread:

His beginning posts are copying old quotes.  J Reggie notices first:

So Faust is going through and repeating his opening lines from previous RMM games, which seems appropriate. I wonder if he'll continue or stop now that I've noticed this.

I love the flavor! This is going to be a fun game. I'm going to try to be towny as town for once.

vote: WW

I'd say that makes J Reggie less likely to be scum, though we already believe that.

Game-claiming seems bad methinks. We give up information (that is pretty useless for now), and scum isn't even required to restrict their fakeclaim pool.

Though thinking a bit... there was this one RMM that only had a SK and lots of townies. If someone is from that game (Guilds Mafia I think), claiming is probably a good idea.

First idea.  Somewhat interesting now that Faust knew this is not accurate.  I don't think that actually changes anything. 

A vote for Seprix:

vote: Seprix

I think scum!Seprix is more likely to notice my "scumslip" than town!Seprix, so that paid off in the end.

That's a terrible argument. I rechecked the main thread, because I didn't see how many scum were revealed. You said 4, so I checked again. There was nothing. And then you backpedaled, and then started telling me how you did it on purpose. How is anyone falling for this? We caught scum red handed with the hand in the cookie jar. This is as clear cut as it gets!

You did all that in under a minute

Now that's a much better point.

Continues to question Seprix some on the timing and degree of Seprix rereading the setup.

And now I have to figure out which of these stories makes less sense.

On Sperix v J Reggie.

Seprix's story now mostly checks out, and the fact that he didn't flail under pressure is townie for him methinks. unvote

Now do I want to vote for Reggie again?

Okay, so J Reggie supposedly did it on purpose. Ugh. I mean. Why are you even saying
I'm going to try to be towny as town for once.
if you continue to play intentionally scummy?

I forgot. It's hard to be towny as town, it's a lot more fun to do weird stuff. But I'm fine now, don't worry. You can expect nothing but towniness from here on out.

On the other hand, this also looks townie. Maybe there is nothing here.

This is by the way when I thought Faust was scum, because both these assignments feel arbitrary.  (I have a post in my QT about it.)  Makes Seprix partner slightly more likely, I think.

A Gkrieg vote:

Hey, gkrieg is here. He is very low profile. His latest post looks kinda scummy. Vote: gkrieg I want to see more stuff from you.

Again:

I trust iguana's claim for now.  If there is evidence of SK, he is who I will be lining up to lynch first.

You do realize this makes no sense?

Who am I voting for? I forgot. Vote: gkrieg

I trust iguana's claim for now.  If there is evidence of SK, he is who I will be lining up to lynch first.

You do realize this makes no sense?

Who am I voting for? I forgot. Vote: gkrieg

It doesn't make no sense, just little sense.  Why is not making sense scummy?
I suppose.

Scum wants to keep iguana a viable lynch candidate, both because they don't want an IC and they don't want to use their nightkill on the SK.

I'd just expect town!gkrieg to see that iguana's play doesn't make a ton of sense for a SK. Why he would look at him first for a SK is beyond me.

I'd say this interaction makes Gkrieg less likely, though it could be done to a partner.  He continues this line of discussion with Gkrieg a bit more.

First reads list:

So where are we?

iguana is IC.
J Reggie, sudgy, Seprix are towny.
Witherweaver, EFHW and RR are somewhat towny.
silver is minimally towny.

gkrieg and Archetype are somewhat scummy.

I think that's everyone I have an opinion on. The rest really need to step up their game.

Hmm.. Gotta be a parnter in there somewhere.  Seprix, Sudgy, EFHW, Silver, RR?... I think this is the first time he mentions RR and EFHW, and possibly Silver as well.

Response to LaLight voting J Reggie:

Man, that is really bad. The thing I can't figure out is how scummy LaLight is for this. But he has played before, so I have to assume that he understands these kind of things.

I think that was the 'fake hammer' thing. 

Here's the move towards Arch:

Vote: Archetype
[/quote

J Reggie is hovering around L-2, L-1 for a while.. possible partner scenario, Faust thinks J Reggie will get lynched anyway and wants to put some early distancing in, but the Arch wagon takes off and he stays committed to it?  Possible but I don't think it's very likely.

A bit later (r552) he makes a case against Arch with quotes and stuff.. not too indicative of bussing. 

In response to J Reggie proposing GKrieg:

Hummm... it's tempting. But Archetpe is scummy too, and I just spent all this time compiling a nice case on him.

Has a bit to say about Calamitas' claim.. mostly nullish to non-partner on Calamitas from this I think.

On EFHW:

EFHW is meh. I think she'd be more active as scum.

Switches to Calam:

Well. Vote: Calamitas

But I think here Arch is not even possible.  Scum!Faust would probably have gone away from partner!Arch sooner.  I think all our leading D1 wagons (Arch, J Reggie, Calam) were town.

Basically brings us to end of day.

There is not a whole lot here.  Faust voted:

Seprix,
Gkrieg,
Archetype

Interaction-wise I'd say Seprix looks worse.  EFHW does look likely as well.. oh, RR claimed that neighborhood with Faust.. Faust said very little about RR throughout the day. 

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 18, 2016, 01:04:14 pm »

I'm OK with this.  His interactions with faust are pretty bad.
Can we deal with this water thing first though?  If RR has it...

It seemed to me like RR was saying that he had it yesterday, but it got shuffled around with all the items.  (I had an item yesterday and it got swapped at the beginning of the night.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Day 1 Starts!)
« Reply #1139 on: September 18, 2016, 01:05:25 pm »

Aaaaand if I bother to read the setup:

Items may be given to other players during the Night Action phase. Players may not use the power of an active power Item on a night they decide to give it away. Passive power Items, on the other hand, will remain in effect until the end of that night phase. Giving away an Item counts as an Action, and therefore can be roleblocked, redirected, etc.

So it's better to not claim if you have it.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: September 18, 2016, 01:13:55 pm »

Also I didn't play the Olympics game.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 18, 2016, 01:32:45 pm »

Weird that you bring up the Olympics game, you seemed were different then IMO. Which is the reason why I am scumreading you slightly (and I assume the same applies to igu)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 18, 2016, 01:33:15 pm »

Weird that you bring up the Olympics game, you seemed were different then IMO. Which is the reason why I am scumreading you slightly (and I assume the same applies to igu)

And to me
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 18, 2016, 01:40:26 pm »

Aaaaand if I bother to read the setup:

Items may be given to other players during the Night Action phase. Players may not use the power of an active power Item on a night they decide to give it away. Passive power Items, on the other hand, will remain in effect until the end of that night phase. Giving away an Item counts as an Action, and therefore can be roleblocked, redirected, etc.

So it's better to not claim if you have it.
You are certainly going todau them or is there any possibility how we could safe you?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 18, 2016, 01:52:00 pm »

I gave up in Olympics. Like Iguana, I want to play a more pro-town game this time around. I am not a constant. I can change and get better as a player.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 18, 2016, 07:44:40 pm »

More people's contributions would be good.. most people posting are people I'm generally townie on.  Seprix and EFHW should be reread and I'll try to do that.

Basically, I'm dead in two real-life days.  It's not clear to what extent days during the night phase count towards those. 

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 18, 2016, 07:47:24 pm »

More people's contributions would be good.. most people posting are people I'm generally townie on.  Seprix and EFHW should be reread and I'll try to do that.

Basically, I'm dead in two real-life days.  It's not clear to what extent days during the night phase count towards those.
To which extent would water help you?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 18, 2016, 07:52:19 pm »

Did you know about this Day 1?  Why didn't you ask for water then?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 18, 2016, 08:05:37 pm »

Been doing some rereading.  gkrieg is townier today and I don't want to lynch LaLight.  Considering voting Seprix b/c of a large number of self-referential comments. Vote count please.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 18, 2016, 08:26:35 pm »

Ok I just looked at my cutie again to see which game I was from and realized its really bad for town to mislynch me today.
What happened with this?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 96  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.