Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 96  All

Author Topic: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Game over!)  (Read 211891 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: RMM35: Rewind Mafia (Day 1 Starts!)
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2016, 04:22:52 pm »

So that second post is the reason you think J Reggie is scum?

Yes. J Reggie instantly knew he scumslipped and jumped on, saying he wasn't sure. It was a desperate quick move. Afterwards, he started justifying it with a "oh it was on purpose" kind of thing. I don't see a reason town does that, and it feels like an excuse.

If you look at my previous town games, I've done slightly similar things early on to get people talking. I like to think I'm pretty good at convincing people I'm town later on, so getting people talking at my expense is something good. Look at all this wonderful interaction we'll have to look back at later  :D

And this if of course not a good argument because it tells us that you're conscious of looking the way you think you look as town.

Of course I'm conscious of the way I look. I want to do enough crazy stuff that people talk about it but not enough that people vote for me. Which, obviously I crossed that line this time and that sucks

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2016, 04:23:44 pm »

Yes. J Reggie instantly knew he scumslipped and jumped on, saying he wasn't sure. It was a desperate quick move. Afterwards, he started justifying it with a "oh it was on purpose" kind of thing. I don't see a reason town does that, and it feels like an excuse.

If you look at my previous town games, I've done slightly similar things early on to get people talking. I like to think I'm pretty good at convincing people I'm town later on, so getting people talking at my expense is something good. Look at all this wonderful interaction we'll have to look back at later  :D

And this if of course not a good argument because it tells us that you're conscious of looking the way you think you look as town.

Of course I'm conscious of the way I look. I want to do enough crazy stuff that people talk about it but not enough that people vote for me. Which, obviously I crossed that line this time and that sucks

The point is 'I do this as town' also means 'I do this as scum' because as scum you try to act like you act as town.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2016, 04:24:11 pm »

Okay, so J Reggie supposedly did it on purpose. Ugh. I mean. Why are you even saying
I'm going to try to be towny as town for once.
if you continue to play intentionally scummy?

I forgot. It's hard to be towny as town, it's a lot more fun to do weird stuff. But I'm fine now, don't worry. You can expect nothing but towniness from here on out.

One more thing and maybe I unvote. Why do you think I look towny, though I trusted Seprix, voted for you and you told about moths on wagon?

Because of the way you acted. You seemed to be honestly trusting what other people were saying and not just looking for an easy mislynch.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2016, 04:25:10 pm »

Seprix's story now mostly checks out, and the fact that he didn't flail under pressure is townie for him methinks. unvote

Now do I want to vote for Reggie again?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2016, 04:25:17 pm »

This is all decidedly null.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »

The point is 'I do this as town' also means 'I do this as scum' because as scum you try to act like you act as town.

Which hasn't been the case for me. As scum I try to fly under the radar, as town I can't help but stir things up. Obviously me saying this is Wifom but it'd be hard for me to break this much from my meta.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 06, 2016, 04:26:59 pm »

Okay, so J Reggie supposedly did it on purpose. Ugh. I mean. Why are you even saying

I forgot. It's hard to be towny as town, it's a lot more fun to do weird stuff. But I'm fine now, don't worry. You can expect nothing but towniness from here on out.

On the other hand, this also looks townie. Maybe there is nothing here.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 06, 2016, 04:27:21 pm »

Which hasn't been the case for me. As scum I try to fly under the radar, as town I can't help but stir things up. Obviously me saying this is Wifom but it'd be hard for me to break this much from my meta.

So what you're trying to say is that you're playing a really fantastic scum game.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2016, 04:27:58 pm »

Vote: Faust

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2016, 04:28:52 pm »

???

This is like a subtle "oh hey town vs town it's all good" post. From what little I know of mafia, alarm bells ring whenever people say that.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2016, 04:29:27 pm »

And honestly I didn't expect the reaction to be this much. I thought someone would maybe say that might be a scumslip and the discussion would evolve from there but here we are still talking about that one post so oh well.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2016, 04:29:48 pm »

Vote: Faust

Have you just stopped finding Seprix scummy?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2016, 04:29:56 pm »

???

This is like a subtle "oh hey town vs town it's all good" post. From what little I know of mafia, alarm bells ring whenever people say that.

That's a stretch.  Are you trying to get me to vote you again?

PPEs

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 06, 2016, 04:30:04 pm »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:35 pm »

So what you're trying to say is that you're playing a really fantastic scum game.

why did you vote not for him after this post? oO
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 06, 2016, 04:34:44 pm »

Does it matter?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 06, 2016, 04:36:20 pm »

why did you vote not for him after this post? oO

Posting restrictions.  I can only vote for players named Faust or Seprix.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 06, 2016, 04:36:52 pm »

So, before I go to sleep because it's midnight down here, some thoughts from for anyone who's interested:

Seprix play is more sane that the last time we played, and this can be the sign that he's scum ('cause the last time he was town), but for now I believe him.
JReggie tries to avoid his own scumslip with many convincing words
I don't know WW's play but for now it's somehow complicated for me to see his motivations
Everybody else is either sleeping or null

Good night everyone!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 06, 2016, 04:37:58 pm »

[quote}
Posting restrictions.  I can only vote for players named Faust or Seprix.

It sounds like it's not a joke...

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2016, 04:38:31 pm »

So back to this before all this nonsense I caused (it's not really nonsense)...

I don't like people hiding behind safe positions. Of course it is generally not a great idea to claim your game, but their might be reasons to do that, as stated. Vote: J Reggie and townpoints to WW for trying to think outside of the box.

I don't see how going with the popular town opinion here is scummy. Maybe WW is mafia and knows something we don't and would benefit from knowing if a role from a certain game exists in this setup. Not saying that's necessarily the case, but it's a better case than the one you make in this post.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2016, 04:40:19 pm »

Vote: LaLight

Hi everyone. Good to be playing again.

Potential theory idea: going through the games and checking which ones could have roles taken from them and then seeing which anti-town players are in them. That would help narrow down what it is conceivably possible for scum to do. Based on numbers, I'm guessing that there will be like 3 Mafia and then 1 3rd party/Traitor.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 06, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »

I don't see how going with the popular town opinion here is scummy. Maybe WW is mafia and knows something we don't and would benefit from knowing if a role from a certain game exists in this setup. Not saying that's necessarily the case, but it's a better case than the one you make in this post.

People always say that; it usually doesn't happen. Also, your theor works just as well if ou replace "mafia" by "town".

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #197 on: September 06, 2016, 04:42:53 pm »

People always say that; it usually doesn't happen. Also, your theor works just as well if ou replace "mafia" by "town".

Good point

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 06, 2016, 04:43:24 pm »

Based on numbers, I'm guessing that there will be like 3 Mafia and then 1 3rd party/Traitor.

I guess you're not in a scum team with J Reggie then!

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2016, 04:43:29 pm »

You might want to get your y key checked out.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 96  All

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 16 queries.