Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M83: Duel Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 101764 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #900 on: August 11, 2016, 10:49:39 am »

Bump

We can probably assume egork has disappeared. The case on Joseph is that he played too well. Which is no case at all.

The case on seprix is artificial looking hammers, hedging, and generally scummy play (like resistance to the d1 plan). I think the choice is clear
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: August 11, 2016, 10:58:29 am »

I'll put together a Joseph case tonight probably.  It's not a simple as "he played well".  His play feels like it's informed. Hard to explain what I mean. Hopefully you'll see.

Meanwhile seprix has done stupid stuff and stuff that looks bad but he's done that in every game I've played with him.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: August 11, 2016, 01:17:39 pm »

Bump

We can probably assume egork has disappeared. The case on Joseph is that he played too well. Which is no case at all.

Probably Egor isn't coming back- how long has it been since he last posted?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: August 11, 2016, 01:22:16 pm »

So I mean we have 3 days, but I don't think that I will be swayed away from voting Seprix, so it seems like at this point, unless Jimmmm or EgorK comes back and both vote for Joseph, Seprix will be the lynch

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #904 on: August 11, 2016, 01:45:45 pm »

Also, I'm scum again.
It makes me sad that I am still not scum with ash, now that I finally have the chance again.
Except that isn't true, because you and ash are my scum buddies.

Vote: faust
This could come straight from daychat.  "You've done this a bunch lately Joseph, do it again and people will think you're towny for it.  Oh and in one of the times, tie together a scum and a towny."
Though actually, would a scumteam with Joseph in it have Joseph say this and then make faust and ash the duel?  Maybe not.

I will follow the Ghoul plan tonight, target the person on the list after me.

I love your plan. I bow before its simple genius and vow to follow it unless I forget to submit a night action on time.

Only it's chairs plan. Though it is good and I'll follow on it

In other news I finally read all you posted while I was sleeping. Jimmm's answers seems off, but he confronting ash do not make much sense otherwise. Joseph repeating his behavior from earlier town game seems much more interesting and I do not see why he had not been given much scrutiny for doing this (there were votes, but I think their motivation had much more to do with behavior itself, not associated meta)

I'd Vote: Joseph for now

I like this post by EgorK.  Seems very townie and genuine.
Agree, a sensible enough post to seem towny.
Throwing shade for no reason.  The word "seem" is totally unnecessary.

And just to clarify, this plan definitely 100% works, right?
So we'll definitely kill scum N1.
That seems really good for us.

PPE: 1
Look at me, liking a protown plan a bunch.
What if scum decides not to kill anybody? What if there are two scum in a row on the list, conveniently or by accident? I don't like this plan, it feels like a trap. I think we should wait to do this until we're certain we are in a losing position and want a free kill.
Scum is obliged to kill (see the setup)- if they don't nominate someone, then a random town player gets chosen.
If 2 or more scum are consecutive numbers then it doesn't matter, as one scum will definitely die.
This is 100% guaranteed.

PPE: 2
WHAT A GREAT PLAN THIS IS AND I'M SUPPORTING IT, LOOK!
To be clear, this plan does NOT tell us about anyone's alignment. It just guarantees one dead mafia.
True, but it's 1 dead mafia.
That's pretty fricking good.
I LOVE THIS PLAN MORE THAN MY LIFE!
Seriously I think this is overkill.
And then this, which is more overkill but also seems really tacked on, "oh look town would be disappointed, I am too":
Also, annoying that the plan didn't work.

That's like the good ole days.  I'm almost double the nearest poster, who is surprisingly JIMMMMM.

Townpoints for Jimmmmmm for being so active.
Scumponts for Jimmmmmm for earning townpoints.

faust is strangely absent.  He's usually the top in post numbers.  Iguana/Haddock/Joseph are in the sweet acti-lurking scum slots.

vote: joseph
I'm always in the slightly lurky
Unnecessarily defensive?

So on a quick reread I've noticed this:

ash seems to be calm & collecting in his posting
faust seems to be very defensive & self-conscious

That's leaning me towards faust being scum.
Will reread properly this evening.
Daychat: "Joseph, bus me for these reasons."

I should be around for deadline.

I currently strongly prefer JReggie to e, and can't see another good wagon at the moment.
Nyeh.  Maybe Joseph's reads are just suspiciously good.

I look over this and it does seem pretty weak overall.  I dunno.  Maybe Seprix is right.  He does seem much more obviously scummy.  But he's always scummy. 

I'll probably end up just saying screw it and lynching Seprix.  But wanted to get the above out there before I did.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 11, 2016, 03:27:50 pm »

With scum daychat, do you think I'd play this badly? I mean, now that I have said it, it's going to be all WIFOM, but still.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 11, 2016, 03:28:34 pm »

Of course Scum is going to pick me in the duel. There's nobody else to pick!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 11, 2016, 03:28:52 pm »

If I was scum, I would have picked Haddock or someone else, not Joseph.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 12, 2016, 08:39:34 am »

e, gkrieg, wanna respond to my "case" on Joseph at all?

The more I look at it the weaker it gets, so unless you guys see it and suddenly magically agree, I'll probably go ahead and finish Seprix off.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 12, 2016, 08:40:58 am »

The more I look at it the weaker it gets, so unless you guys see it and suddenly magically agree, I'll probably go ahead and finish Seprix off.

Sorry, haven't had the chance between work and signing a rental agreement for a new house and stuff.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 12, 2016, 08:43:31 am »

But yeah, I read it, not going to convince me.

The whole plan caught scum off guard. I think that scum would have more of a reaction like seprix- skeptical, then eventually gung-ho when they realized it was inevitable. Joseph just went for it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 12, 2016, 08:45:29 am »

And the whole "reads are too good thing" is overblown. Look at my reads all game. I missed faust D1, but from d1 I had ashersky town, seprix and reggie scum. If seprix is scum, then I was spot on the entire game.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 12, 2016, 08:46:33 am »

Sorry, haven't had the chance between work and signing a rental agreement for a new house and stuff.
No need to apologise.  I wasn't really nagging, just wanted to make sure I didn't forget about this game as much as anything else.

But yeah, I read it, not going to convince me.

The whole plan caught scum off guard. I think that scum would have more of a reaction like seprix- skeptical, then eventually gung-ho when they realized it was inevitable. Joseph just went for it.
Fair.  His bussing of faust and Reggie felt too perfect as well, but that does happen I guess.

PPE. Yeah. It's the WAY he went for it that bothers me though.  Nyeh.  You're probably right.  Once gkrieg weighs in I guess I'll move over.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 12, 2016, 08:48:13 am »

I mean, granted, this game would be an anomaly for me to have been spot on like that, but still. It is possible for town to have correct reads. In fact, I would say scum will have about 50% correct reads. Bus a partner, call a partner town. Seprix instead did flip flops on both. D2: Ash is scum....no wait, faust is. And similar (not quite like that) with reggie.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 12, 2016, 09:45:18 am »

Sorry I signed for a house yesterday and we get it today! 

So I'm not gonna change my vote and hope this game is over!  I think the case was well thought out, but unconvincing. If Joseph really was scum, MVP for sure

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: August 12, 2016, 09:53:47 am »

vote: Seprix then.
Don't think that's the hammer because Joseph unvoted.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 12, 2016, 10:16:51 am »

So I'm not gonna change my vote and hope this game is over!  I think the case was well thought out, but unconvincing. If Joseph really was scum, MVP for sure

No, Joseph was obviously coached by Faust, who should really get the MVP if scum wins somehow. It's the only explanation, really. Joseph just doesn't make reads like that!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 12, 2016, 10:17:45 am »

I am asking all of you to do what I did: Just throw away what your brain tells you and vote the other way. Just this once. Please! That's all it will take. Come on, finish this epic town victory and vote for Joseph. He is just so obviously scum...

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 12, 2016, 01:25:26 pm »

No, Joseph was obviously coached by Faust, who should really get the MVP if scum wins somehow. It's the only explanation, really. Joseph just doesn't make reads like that!

Man, you must have pretty good knowledge of the scum qt to say that. Because in my opinion faust did nothing on D1 and then was the obvious lynch D2. Not MVP worthy. If Joseph is scum then he would be mvp I think. But....I don't think that is the case

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 12, 2016, 06:37:47 pm »

Joseph, come and hammer?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 12, 2016, 06:40:27 pm »

Man, you must have pretty good knowledge of the scum qt to say that. Because in my opinion faust did nothing on D1 and then was the obvious lynch D2. Not MVP worthy. If Joseph is scum then he would be mvp I think. But....I don't think that is the case

There's daychat, and there's no way Joseph could make all of those brilliant cases. It's the only explanation...

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 12, 2016, 06:40:58 pm »

Man, you guys are going to regret this. I am 1000000% town, and it's obvious.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 12, 2016, 06:41:16 pm »

I'm not sure what else I can really do at this point. You guys won't believe me.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 12, 2016, 06:43:44 pm »

I'm glad town is so inactive that we can't even get a hammer when we have come to a consensus

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 12, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »

I'm not sure what else I can really do at this point. You guys won't believe me.
Nyeh. I think you're about 55/45 to be town. No way that's enough to convince the rest.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.