Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M83: Duel Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 101803 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #850 on: August 07, 2016, 07:37:26 pm »

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #851 on: August 07, 2016, 07:45:05 pm »

I do agree with e that Seprix looks pretty scummy from the whole thing as well.  Especially because scum has daychat, and faust probably told him to just bus at that point.

Wrong. You're not thinking this through.

Ironically I was actually probably wrong here, so Seprix feels like he has to point this out

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 07, 2016, 07:48:27 pm »

e did not even vote. Come on, that's incredibly scummy! He doesn't want to stand out, and he didn't want to bus his partner.

Even more scuminess. He thinks this is something everyone will find e scummy for so he really pushes it even though it isn't that scummy

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 07, 2016, 07:53:46 pm »

Not to mention, there's plenty to look at! There's e, for example. You're just not trying. Man, I think I'd lynch you if you kept this up.

Here is his crown jewel of scumminess

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 07, 2016, 07:55:32 pm »

For me to be scum after the stunts I pulled would be Ashersky levels of balls.

What moves have you pulled?  Like what does that even mean?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: August 07, 2016, 07:58:20 pm »

but guys:

Also, I'm scum again.

Ya that is like the one point against Joseph.

Joseph and Seprix, I want you to make cases on each other. With quotes if you have a way to do that. Like a full blown case with holding and underlining and italicizing.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #856 on: August 07, 2016, 10:16:10 pm »

vote: Joseph

Not surprised I'm on the chopping block. Nothing else makes sense for a scum play, really. Lynch Joseph and I become clear MVP, just off of fluky gut reads, which is hilarious. I really have no reason to give reads on Joseph, since I already know he is scum. However, I can answer any questions people have.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 07, 2016, 10:17:10 pm »

Just to let you guys know, I'm not going to play this horribly next game. I know I got lucky.  :P
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 07, 2016, 10:18:03 pm »

But yes, interesting Joseph is the last scum. Very interesting. I think I will do a reread after all, but obviously take everything I say with a grain of salt.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 07, 2016, 10:37:23 pm »

But yes, interesting Joseph is the last scum. Very interesting. I think I will do a reread after all, but obviously take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Please make a case on Joseph.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 08, 2016, 10:37:01 am »

I have stuff to do this morning. I'll get back asap.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 08, 2016, 11:52:29 am »

But yeah, gkrieg pulled some of the very convicting quotes from seprix, I could probably pull some more, but there is a convincing enough sample with what gkrieg quoted

But really. Do a reread of Joseph and tell me he is scum. Please. Just try.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 08, 2016, 12:13:01 pm »

But yeah, gkrieg pulled some of the very convicting quotes from seprix, I could probably pull some more, but there is a convincing enough sample with what gkrieg quoted

But really. Do a reread of Joseph and tell me he is scum. Please. Just try.

Again, I'm at my college and I have to do a bunch of convoluted lameness because government. I've had to pay out of my own pocket already, and it's annoying, but I should be done in a couple of hours.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 08, 2016, 02:58:14 pm »

Vote: Seprix obviously
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 08, 2016, 03:07:30 pm »

I am backity back from my college trek, and I will now begin my read of Joseph's play.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #865 on: August 08, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »

With Ashersky's logic, he could have easily have been the one who wanted to die if it didn't work out, for Faust's reason: The set-up too heavily favored town and was swingy.

Another thing to consider: Scum could have picked someone who was as far away from scum as possible, in the hopes that it would hit a town player who supposedly missed. Chairs missed. So there's that.

This too. Just look at the list. They did pick someone as far away as possible
This argument doesn't actually work.  Whether Joseph or Seprix is the scum, killing the person furthest from the next scum on the list would have resulted in the same kill (ie. chairs).

If you're referring to iguana's death, the argument doesn't work since scum would know that town is never going to target the next person in line any more.

Unless you mean that Seprix is scummy because he's showing here that he knows what scum did.  Which seems a bit of an obvious thing for even Seprix to do.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 08, 2016, 06:29:31 pm »

I've just reread Joseph and I don't agree at all that he's obv!town here. 

I'm not going to say any more than that on Joseph until I see what Seprix does in his Joseph case.

Reading Seprix now.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 08, 2016, 06:38:03 pm »

And Seprix doesn't read particularly scummy except in his interactions, which, well - people can be wrong.

I don't think this is obvious at all at all.

Want Seprix's response about this still.
I think it will be pretty easy for scum to know who to challenge anyway

thats not an ambiguously confident statement at all

I don't think we should be talking about this at all. I already have a game plan that will be unveiled after tonight. No more talking about this, please. The less information, the better.

I say lynch someone and move on. Anyone, really. It doesn't matter too much, since there are no reads. Those will be formed after tonight.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 08, 2016, 07:28:43 pm »

Interesting thought I just had.

Let's give Seprix and Joseph 2 days to put together cases on each other. Like their best cases and then we discuss them.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 08, 2016, 07:49:48 pm »

Okay, so I've said I'm going to write the case on Joseph, but I've been busy all day. I also have a Dominion Streamed match in a little over an hour, but I'm going to try and put it together now.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 08, 2016, 08:20:14 pm »

Also, I'm scum again.

Nothing but null. Anybody who claims otherwise is biased. This is Joseph's niche thing now, and while I could see going hard for it now, it's not worth going for it now. Bunch of WIFOM to even look at this as a convincing case.

It makes me sad that I am still not scum with ash, now that I finally have the chance again.
Except that isn't true, because you and ash are my scum buddies.

Vote: faust

This is a bit more alarming, though hilariously enough, this ended up being the first duel. Again, bunch of WIFOM, but if Joseph is scum, then naturally this is an interesting 'gambit' for Joseph to take.

And just to clarify, this plan definitely 100% works, right?
So we'll definitely kill scum N1.
That seems really good for us.

PPE: 1

Referring to the Ghoul plan. Anyways, this seems really really forced, almost excessively so. However, we are talking about Joseph here, so it's all WIFOM.

What if scum decides not to kill anybody? What if there are two scum in a row on the list, conveniently or by accident? I don't like this plan, it feels like a trap. I think we should wait to do this until we're certain we are in a losing position and want a free kill.
Scum is obliged to kill (see the setup)- if they don't nominate someone, then a random town player gets chosen.
If 2 or more scum are consecutive numbers then it doesn't matter, as one scum will definitely die.
This is 100% guaranteed.

PPE: 2

Joseph replies to my initial concerns with the Ghoul plan. Reasonable enough in hindsight.

Ya I don't like that plan at all.

Definitely think we should lynch teamlyle and then all use our ghoul on the next person in the player order.
Seems good to me.
Guarantees a scum lynch after all.
Vote: teamlyle

Joseph as scum would have known this is a mislynch.

vote: teamlyle

L-1
Early L-1.
Although he's clearly been the most anti-town player, by not wanting to do our cool, scum-killing plan.

Okay, this is really really cringy. No town player would ever say this, ever. Not even Joseph. "Look at me, I am a walking talking conspicuous Town player!" I don't care if it's Joseph, this is immensely scummy to say.

So on a quick reread I've noticed this:

ash seems to be calm & collecting in his posting
faust seems to be very defensive & self-conscious

That's leaning me towards faust being scum.
Will reread properly this evening.

...and then he says this. Dammit, I'm going to be the one to die today, aren't I?

The D2 content hasn't given me much- a serious of long arguments.

Nothing much here says faust is towny.
And not a lot says ash is scummy.

Therefore, Intent to effectively hammer (if I vote, it's L-1 on faust, and ash could then just hammer).

More of this. I have no idea how consistent Joseph is with reads, but he's been pretty spot on with this read.

So I'm kind of at a loss for what to do here. After leading the wagons on two town players, I don't blame people for seeing me as scum. Now I legitimately don't have any good reads. The two wagons seem to be e and me. I mean, e has a higher chance of being scum than I do, but I'm not really seeing it. I just want to say that it's a good idea for town to keep me alive for now.
Really?
"It's a good idea to keep me alive" seems like a pretty bad argument to me.
Vote: JReggie
Being on 2 town wagons cannot be a coincidence.

This is the perfect Joseph!scum game. He isn't making any mistakes besides that one robotic statement about town.

Well, almost perfect. I know something that I should have noticed before with Joseph, but that I didn't realize until now.

Joseph is playing WELL.

He is analytical, never making any jokes besides the 'I'm scum' bit he always does. He's always been right on the money and very very consistent. I propose that Joseph has played way too perfectly and that is why he must die today.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 08, 2016, 08:49:55 pm »

Also, I'm scum again.

Nothing but null. Anybody who claims otherwise is biased. This is Joseph's niche thing now, and while I could see going hard for it now, it's not worth going for it now. Bunch of WIFOM to even look at this as a convincing case.

It makes me sad that I am still not scum with ash, now that I finally have the chance again.
Except that isn't true, because you and ash are my scum buddies.

Vote: faust

This is a bit more alarming, though hilariously enough, this ended up being the first duel. Again, bunch of WIFOM, but if Joseph is scum, then naturally this is an interesting 'gambit' for Joseph to take.

And just to clarify, this plan definitely 100% works, right?
So we'll definitely kill scum N1.
That seems really good for us.

PPE: 1

Referring to the Ghoul plan. Anyways, this seems really really forced, almost excessively so. However, we are talking about Joseph here, so it's all WIFOM.

What if scum decides not to kill anybody? What if there are two scum in a row on the list, conveniently or by accident? I don't like this plan, it feels like a trap. I think we should wait to do this until we're certain we are in a losing position and want a free kill.
Scum is obliged to kill (see the setup)- if they don't nominate someone, then a random town player gets chosen.
If 2 or more scum are consecutive numbers then it doesn't matter, as one scum will definitely die.
This is 100% guaranteed.

PPE: 2

Joseph replies to my initial concerns with the Ghoul plan. Reasonable enough in hindsight.

Ya I don't like that plan at all.

Definitely think we should lynch teamlyle and then all use our ghoul on the next person in the player order.
Seems good to me.
Guarantees a scum lynch after all.
Vote: teamlyle

Joseph as scum would have known this is a mislynch.

vote: teamlyle

L-1
Early L-1.
Although he's clearly been the most anti-town player, by not wanting to do our cool, scum-killing plan.

Okay, this is really really cringy. No town player would ever say this, ever. Not even Joseph. "Look at me, I am a walking talking conspicuous Town player!" I don't care if it's Joseph, this is immensely scummy to say.

So on a quick reread I've noticed this:

ash seems to be calm & collecting in his posting
faust seems to be very defensive & self-conscious

That's leaning me towards faust being scum.
Will reread properly this evening.

...and then he says this. Dammit, I'm going to be the one to die today, aren't I?

The D2 content hasn't given me much- a serious of long arguments.

Nothing much here says faust is towny.
And not a lot says ash is scummy.

Therefore, Intent to effectively hammer (if I vote, it's L-1 on faust, and ash could then just hammer).

More of this. I have no idea how consistent Joseph is with reads, but he's been pretty spot on with this read.

So I'm kind of at a loss for what to do here. After leading the wagons on two town players, I don't blame people for seeing me as scum. Now I legitimately don't have any good reads. The two wagons seem to be e and me. I mean, e has a higher chance of being scum than I do, but I'm not really seeing it. I just want to say that it's a good idea for town to keep me alive for now.
Really?
"It's a good idea to keep me alive" seems like a pretty bad argument to me.
Vote: JReggie
Being on 2 town wagons cannot be a coincidence.

This is the perfect Joseph!scum game. He isn't making any mistakes besides that one robotic statement about town.

Well, almost perfect. I know something that I should have noticed before with Joseph, but that I didn't realize until now.

Joseph is playing WELL.

He is analytical, never making any jokes besides the 'I'm scum' bit he always does. He's always been right on the money and very very consistent. I propose that Joseph has played way too perfectly and that is why he must die today.

So your case on him is too townie to be town?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 08, 2016, 09:12:29 pm »

*seprix's case*

Sounds about right. Can we lynch seprix now?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 08, 2016, 09:44:36 pm »

*seprix's case*

Sounds about right. Can we lynch seprix now?

You'll be making a huge mistake. Just lynch Joseph. You know you want to. Town wins if you do!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 09, 2016, 11:55:52 am »

So Haddock, what do you make of seprix's case?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41  All

Page created in 2.234 seconds with 16 queries.