Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M83: Duel Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 102605 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #750 on: August 02, 2016, 08:24:32 am »

This is an epic game. We just took down Faust. Let's please finish off in proper style and lynch the other mafias.

Vote: e
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #751 on: August 02, 2016, 08:26:11 am »

Guys. Enough of the knee jerk voting.

The wagon will be telling, but seriously. 0% chance ash is scum

It takes a ballsy scum to say this when the ash lynch looks probable but far from certain. Otherwise I find him generally Townie.

I'm looking at JR and Egor at the moment, will reread them properly and post more on them when I get the chance.

Everyone can make that one sentence where they really look like town. I agree the one post looks towny, but the rest of his posts read scum to me.

And I mean to be completely honest, the only people who knew 0% chance that Ash was scum were scum. AND they know that soon everyone else would know one way or the other. Scum had a strong motivation to distance themselves from Faust.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 02, 2016, 10:03:38 am »

Vote Count 2.1

ashersky (5): gkrieg13, Seprix, faust, J Reggie, ashersky {L-1}
faust (1): Jimmmmm

Not Voting (5): Haddock, e, Joseph2302, iguanaiguana, Egork

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Aug 3, 23:00 forum time. That is in 8 days and 12+ hours.

Looks like I miscalculated when I tried to count 9 days forward. Subsequent game days are one real life day shorter than the first, down to seven. Real ending is August 3, not 4.

When I am scum, I sit back and watch the mislynches happen whenever possible. That was not the case here. There is no motive whatsoever for me to defend ash strongly here if I were scum
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2016, 10:06:57 am »

Vote Count 2.1

ashersky (5): gkrieg13, Seprix, faust, J Reggie, ashersky {L-1}
faust (1): Jimmmmm

Not Voting (5): Haddock, e, Joseph2302, iguanaiguana, Egork

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Aug 3, 23:00 forum time. That is in 8 days and 12+ hours.

Looks like I miscalculated when I tried to count 9 days forward. Subsequent game days are one real life day shorter than the first, down to seven. Real ending is August 3, not 4.

When I am scum, I sit back and watch the mislynches happen whenever possible. That was not the case here. There is no motive whatsoever for me to defend ash strongly here if I were scum

I mean iguana gives a good reason why you might.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2016, 10:13:52 am »

Guys. Enough of the knee jerk voting.

The wagon will be telling, but seriously. 0% chance ash is scum

It takes a ballsy scum to say this when the ash lynch looks probable but far from certain. Otherwise I find him generally Townie.

I'm looking at JR and Egor at the moment, will reread them properly and post more on them when I get the chance.

Everyone can make that one sentence where they really look like town. I agree the one post looks towny, but the rest of his posts read scum to me.

And I mean to be completely honest, the only people who knew 0% chance that Ash was scum were scum. AND they know that soon everyone else would know one way or the other. Scum had a strong motivation to distance themselves from Faust.

Because I knew of the inevitable end of faust.  You know, the one I worked strongly towards.

The only reason anyone is voting for me is because I did not immediately vote for faust.  Yes, I should have.  I explained why I didn't earlier though.  Everyone was going crazy voting and I didn't want to join in the ridiculous "let's lynch someone in 24 hours" mentality that seemed to be affecting the duel.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2016, 10:22:11 am »

M79 mafia qt #146: "Haha, yeah. I was having trouble posting not only because I was busy with work and such, but because I could only see cases against gkrieg and silverspawn"

While I do bus, I don't make it a habit as scum.  M79 I was lurking quite a bit, not because I couldn't build a case, but because I felt like I could only build cases against my partners.  So I just lurked away.  Not so this game.  I think Seprix or iguana or someone said earlier that I am playing along with my scum meta.  D2, pushing a lynch against faust (which would be a bus if I were scum), is totally opposite my scum meta.  If I am scum and town is about to be lynched, I usually try to sit back and watch it happen.  If my partners are about to be lynched I may or may not join in.  If I am about to be lynched I always fight it.  Town or scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2016, 10:28:53 am »

The perfect scum thing to do right now is sit back and lurk into my lynch.  Which is exactly what is happening with, uh, I don't know.  Everyone except iguana (ok, and a couple others)

If you guys do lynch me, I will fliip town, and iguana will look bad and bashfully apologize for having a wrong read, along with some sort of "well, he posted scummy stuff anyway." 

I do feel bad that my read on Seprix is tainted due to the fact that I always find Seprix scummy.  I need to work on that.  But really.  His hedgemaster switch to Ashersky was so scummy.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 02, 2016, 10:33:09 am »

- Dum dadalum dididum darumlum tidarum -

Vote Count 2.3

ashersky (4): Seprix, faust, J Reggie, Egork
faust (4): Jimmmmm, gkrieg13, iguanaiguana, Haddock

Not Voting (3): e, Joseph2302, ashersky

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Aug 3, 23:00 forum time. That is in 6 days and 7+ hours.

There is that whole metagame where Faust is towny versus Ash can be seen as an easy scum matchup. Hmmm... I'm going to take a big risk here, and question my gut read.

vote: Faust

LOOK AT WHO IS NOT VOTING!!!!!!!!

Myself, who had consistently defended Ashersky and painted faust as the scum, just hadn't voted.
Joseph, who also was leaning toward scum!faust
Ashersky, who was Ashersky, obviously.

So then Seprix, in such a gut-wrenching performance of questioning his reads and overcoming his biases, decides it is time to do a 180 turn around and vote for Ashersky completely out of the blue.  No indication prior to that.  Do the vote analysis.  Scum knew faust was going down at that point.  There was no saving the ship, might as well help sink it and get town-cred for it.

And if out other wagon is correct, J Reggie (scum) was already voting Ashersky (very scummily so).  Like, switching up to bus and effectively "hammer" here for town cred is a smart play.  And a super scummy one.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #758 on: August 02, 2016, 11:00:54 am »

So I'm kind of at a loss for what to do here. After leading the wagons on two town players, I don't blame people for seeing me as scum. Now I legitimately don't have any good reads. The two wagons seem to be e and me. I mean, e has a higher chance of being scum than I do, but I'm not really seeing it. I just want to say that it's a good idea for town to keep me alive for now.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 02, 2016, 11:41:27 am »

So I'm kind of at a loss for what to do here. After leading the wagons on two town players, I don't blame people for seeing me as scum. Now I legitimately don't have any good reads. The two wagons seem to be e and me. I mean, e has a higher chance of being scum than I do, but I'm not really seeing it. I just want to say that it's a good idea for town to keep me alive for now.
Really?
"It's a good idea to keep me alive" seems like a pretty bad argument to me.
Vote: JReggie
Being on 2 town wagons cannot be a coincidence.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 02, 2016, 11:55:14 am »

I'll reread J Reggie shortly. This new wagon intrigues me. I'll also reread e. I had other reasons to vote for him, and I want to bring those to attention.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 02, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »

Vote Count 3.e

J Reggie (4): gkrieg13, jimmmmm, e, joseph (L-1)
e (2): Seprix, iguanaiguana

Not Voting (3): J Reggie, Egork, Haddock

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends at Aug 5, 17:00 forum time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 02, 2016, 03:39:04 pm »

- Hen syndrorro, oños. Hen ñuqir, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson. -

Vote Count 3.4

J Reggie (4): gkrieg13, Jimmmmm, e, Joseph2302

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends at Aug 5, 17:00 forum time. That is in 3 days and 1+ hours.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 02, 2016, 03:58:26 pm »

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 02, 2016, 04:10:51 pm »

I can't read Reggie. There's no tells, no traits, nothing. How on earth am I supposed to figure out if he's scum or not from what he says?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 02, 2016, 04:14:41 pm »

I can't read Reggie. There's no tells, no traits, nothing. How on earth am I supposed to figure out if he's scum or not from what he says?

In that case, just reply with your thoughts on the specific posts gkrieg quoted.

I get it, it is hard to give reads on your partner

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 02, 2016, 04:36:45 pm »

The perfect scum thing to do right now is sit back and lurk into my lynch.  Which is exactly what is happening with, uh, I don't know.  Everyone except iguana (ok, and a couple others)

If you guys do lynch me, I will fliip town, and iguana will look bad and bashfully apologize for having a wrong read, along with some sort of "well, he posted scummy stuff anyway." 

I do feel bad that my read on Seprix is tainted due to the fact that I always find Seprix scummy.  I need to work on that.  But really.  His hedgemaster switch to Ashersky was so scummy.

It was completely natural and Seprixy.

If you are town, I"ll have no regrets. Everyone is wrong sometimes.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 02, 2016, 04:38:06 pm »

Really?

You say this as if you've never been on two town wagons before when everyone has...

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 02, 2016, 04:39:57 pm »

J Reggie isn't the worst vote but I still like e better. Usually when I go for my second top choice, I lynch town, so I am trying to do that less.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 02, 2016, 04:43:42 pm »

Really?

You say this as if you've never been on two town wagons before when everyone has...

Well I mean this is one of his first games, so he really might not have been on two town wagons as town...

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 02, 2016, 05:28:30 pm »

OK so I'm finally back from working on my show all day.  Been a long one.

I'm also at a PC doing this for the first time in ages.  So I can do a classic Haddock-style stream-of-consciousness reread!

I do agree with e that Seprix looks pretty scummy from the whole thing as well.  Especially because scum has daychat, and faust probably told him to just bus at that point.

Wrong. You're not thinking this through.

How so?

Think of it this way. Why conspicuously jump off and just magically change my mind through some gut read? Why not build some pseudo-case? There were plenty of those done. I'm not a lazy scum player. In addition, what did bussing Faust give me if I was scum? Nothing. It only gets people looking in my direction. If I stuck with my Ashersky read, nobody would have batted an eye.

Because you guys talked about it in your daychat and decided that ash was going to win the duel. So you loudly and hesitantly switch to ash despite your gut read against him
Seems like a scumtell to me.  He talks about Seprix being scum while simultaneously acknowledging the existence of Seprix's gut read.  I get what he means, but the wording is off.  He wants "despite your claimed gut read".  This is pretty weak.

Final Vote Count Day 1

Seprix (2): e, teamlyle
J Reggie (1): Jimmmmm
gkrieg13 (1): Haddock
Joseph2302 (1): Egork
teamlyle (7): J Reggie, gkrieg13, iguanaiguana, Joseph2302, ashersky, faust, Seprix
iguanaiguana (1): chairs

With 13 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Seprix and gkrieg also on the teamlyle mislynch. Still frustrated that teamlyle threw in the towel. Oh well.
Overkill on the frustration.  Townies are over that by now (at least I am), but scum might think that townies would still be annoyed by that.

Off the top of my head:

gkrieg13-scummier. On the teamlyle mislynch and scummy movement off Faust and onto ashersky in the duel
Joseph2302-town. 98% certainty
Haddock- townie (ish). Doesn't seem to have a huge footprint in the game, but maybe because others are stealing the spotlight. He plays a good scum game, but leaning town for now
e-IC
Egork- always a bit difficult to tell. Votes ashersky fairly late in the day, had he done it earlier could very well have lynched ash. Off wagon D1, slight scum lean.
J Reggie - scummy. Self aware scummy type. Plus posts from d1 and such.
Seprix- scummy. I can compile a case in one post later, by for now you can read the d3 dialogue and make the educated decision and vote seprix
iguanaiguana-  had iguana as scum d1, not as confident in that read. Lands him in the nullish category.
Jimmmmm- townie. his d1 leans strongly town in my opinion. Didn't do anything to change that d2
This is towny - lots of scumreads, few townreads.  Was gonna call him out for hedging on me but I think that's actually towny.

Ok, good thing we won, bad thing my read was off

I'll be V/LA until Saturday afternoon, sorry
Bleh.  Egor is ridiculous.  He does stuff like this as every alignment.  Sure he could be scum here.  Who the hell knows?

Well done Town, I was in the ash Town camp so sorry I didn't help that happen more.

I'll jump on Vote: e, but I'm also looking at Egor and also still J Reggie.
Meh.  I mean, sure.  I can't read Jimm.  Probably this is towny.

I don't trust Jim. Let's not trust Jim.
TOOOOOWWWWWWNNNNNN.

Please, a case.

Seprix is voting me because ashersky grew suspicious of me and scum!seprix wants an easy way to justify his mislynching me.

Gkrieg is voting me because OMGUS

Not sure why jimmmmm is voting me other than wagons are cool.

Partially I'm voting for you because of the way you came out against me today.  You also haven't been as present as you normally are, you spend a lot of time saying that we shouldn't do reads lists, and you claim multiple times that ash is town, but don't vote for faust.  That looks like you pushing for ash to win the duel without actually voting to help him win the duel.
I'm leanier townier on gkrieg for this among other posts.
Including his Reggie case, which I think is really strong.

Yeah I think e comes out middle-to-strong scum.
But Reggie's wagon positioning is bad and there's been some good cases. 

I lean towards lynching Reggie here.  But I'm not gonna hammer yet.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 02, 2016, 05:29:23 pm »

I don't like that I'm happy with both wagons.  That's a weird one.  Certainly no more than one of these are town or another wagon would probably exist.  Unless the nonvoters are scum.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 02, 2016, 06:00:24 pm »

- Hen syndrorro, oños. Hen ñuqir, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson. -

Vote Count 3.4

J Reggie (4): gkrieg13, Jimmmmm, e, Joseph2302

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends at Aug 5, 17:00 forum time. That is in 3 days and 1+ hours.
Apparently my vote was L-1, my bad for not noticing.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #773 on: August 02, 2016, 11:05:47 pm »

I guess I'll vote: e because it's our best chance at lynching scum. Although I'm not the worst mislynch I guess. I'll try to get some kind of reads list together before the end of the day.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 03, 2016, 01:33:49 pm »

I guess I'll vote: e because it's our best chance at lynching scum. Although I'm not the worst mislynch I guess. I'll try to get some kind of reads list together before the end of the day.
I disagree.
I think you're a better lynch.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.