Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 129171 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #900 on: June 17, 2016, 04:09:59 pm »

I'm writing up some Joseph and RR rereads at the moment.
But I saw ced's post in the meantime. 

I wanted to point out that RR and Joseph were not responsible for the Jimmm lynch.  That would be me and Awaclus.  RR actively avoided the Jimmm wagon.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 17, 2016, 04:22:46 pm »

I'm writing up some Joseph and RR rereads at the moment.
But I saw ced's post in the meantime. 

I wanted to point out that RR and Joseph were not responsible for the Jimmm lynch.  That would be me and Awaclus.  RR actively avoided the Jimmm wagon.
Yep, I was on it, but away at deadline time.

Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #902 on: June 17, 2016, 04:31:31 pm »

OK so I'm gonna reread Joseph and RR because it's likely one is scum.

RR reread:

I'm not scummy on anyone so I won't vote yet.
Great start.  "Look at me not RVSing.  I'm so pro-town."

Then OMGUS's ss and faust.  I'm feeling town on silver (though I guess I need to reread him) and faust is conftown.
Vote: ss

Then a bunch of empty posts, he says this when called out on it
Scum feels pressure to have strong reads, lest they attract suspicion. Casually admitting that you don't have reads is therefore towny.

I might tentatively agree if it wasn't in RVS. My vote was not on RR because he "admitted to not having reads", but for stating the obvious. It's empty posting, and empty posting is not great.
Haven't you gotten used to it? Empty posts are my speciality!

But in reality, I wanted to justify not following Joseph, but I also didn't want him to chanhe his vote so that I'd vote. So I couldn't say 'I don't find silverspawn scummy,' I had to say 'I don't find anyone scummy.'
Not sure I agree with the first sentence.  RR's posts are usually crazy, but usually they're not empty, they contain some crazy opinion or other.

I do not understand the second sentence.  He's saying he doesn't want to be voting the same person as his partner so he votes noone?  Weird.  Null, but weird.

Joseph needs to move his vote.
Here Joseph and silver are voting for RR.  He's by no means the leading wagon.  This kind of consciousness of a small wagon, and early defensiveness, would look scummy for anyone else.  It's completely null for RR.
Roadrunner needs to think about someone other than himself.
I'm thinking about Joseph.

He needs to move his vote because I'm obviously not going to self vote so he's just handicapping me (and him) and we need all the votes we can get.
Again.  "Look at me pushing for the protown thing!"

I think Faust set that slip up, but whatever.
Hasn't at any point voted faust so far, and I don't think he ever does.  Throwing shade without voting is scummy, especially on conf!town.

Everyone else: Is it scummy to claim town in your personal QT? Is it scummy to do it twice? Three times? Should the doctor claim if he is confident his date is town?
This is weird as hell.  What's he saying about Joseph here?  It's a good thing I'm rereading Joseph next.  If scum didn't have day chat, this would look a lot like RR trying to pass information of some kind, about Joseph, to his partners.  (In case he's lynched, or something?)  I dunno.

So deadline is soon. I still don't know what I'm doing.

Unvote
I'll private find someone to vote for.
This is him unvoting silver.  Finally.  He hasn't changed his vote in the intervening period.  Nor has he ever given reasons for voting silver.  At best, this is quite poor town play.

Vote: Faust

You don't get to role hunt, buddy. Shame on Joseph for answering, but no. No way are you getting away with this.
I already had my rant about how faust's question was absolutely fine.  This is incredibly opportunistic.
Btw, I find everyone who pushed for the scumminess of faust's question to be scummy.  That's (at first look) gkrieg, Seprix and RR.

Joseph, vote for Faust. That kid will be the downfall of us all.
Bad.

'Haven't given scum much anyway?'

You claimed a PR in an open setup.
False. 

Vote: Faust

You don't get to role hunt, buddy. Shame on Joseph for answering, but no. No way are you getting away with this.

I will. Just watch.
He says he will get away with role hunting.

'I will get away with it.' I will tunnel you until I die!

Well, then I hope you die quickly :)
He just threatened me. Someone lynch this man.
Is this too blatant for scum?  Maybe.  But this is RR we're talking about.

He keeps pushing faust for ages, talking about a scumslip which he never describes.

So I can identify a dead case. We'll lynch Faust later.
Vote: Jimmmmmmmm
OK admittedly this does start things off.  This looks really towny in hindsight.

Feels bad man
Here he hops off the Jimmm wagon.  I could easily see this as scum realising that their distancing-vote on a partner is dangerously close to leading to a wagon.  He's taking the first opportunity to get off the wagon. 

Time to make a bold (ba dum Tsss) statement:
A no lynch is better than lynching Jimmmmm
This is super bold.  I don't think scum does this, do they? 

Then he pushes the dumb no lynch idea for a while.  This is a very RR idea.  The more I look at it the less likely it seems that scum!him manages to emulate this.

So, D2, he starts with a "oh I'm so bad for pulling away from Jimmm" post.  Hard to say whether or not it reads genuine.  I could go either way.

Vote: Joseph
Everything he says about me applies to him. Why was he so quick to claim? Why is he tunneling me? Is it really because he thinks I'm scum...?
Hummm.  I think on balance this looks like it comes from town RR.  The thing about Joseph's claim - I think scumRR is more careful than that, given that Joseph never actually fully claimed.

And that's it.

I want to reread Joseph before I really conclude.  But:
from his posts he comes out slightly scummy overall.  Add that to the fact that he and Joseph weren't the NK, and he looks pretty bad.  But, I dunno.  On balance, I don't have enough confidence to be desperate to lynch him today.  I'd rather wait til we've got more to work with.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 17, 2016, 04:45:47 pm »

There's no point to a post-by-post reread of Joseph. 
He comes out pretty much stonecold null to me.  All of his posts are brief, to the point, and contributing something, but a minimum.  Which is basically Joseph's meta.  I dunno.  I got towny vibes on him overall. 
His softclaim thing was very Josephish, and I think it looks towny. 

He's not done anything scummy, his reads and mine agree (which I think makes him slightly townier from my perspective).  The only scummy thing he's done is survive the night.

Little to say here.

I don't think I want to lynch either of them today.  Seprix is better.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 17, 2016, 04:46:25 pm »

Gonna reread silver now I think.  Fair warning, I have a towny vibe on him going in.  So it may end up a bit biased.  I'll try my best.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 17, 2016, 04:55:39 pm »

Again.  Not doing post by post.  But silver is towny.  Off the table for today definitely.

Actually @silver, when you get a minute can we get a summary of your reads?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 17, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »

Your reread seemed full of conformation biss until the end  :-\
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 17, 2016, 05:29:35 pm »

vote: RR

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 17, 2016, 05:32:34 pm »

Golly. It does!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #909 on: June 17, 2016, 05:33:32 pm »

Why not just vote for Seprix?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 17, 2016, 05:34:52 pm »

I thought we were at an understanding that different =/= scummy.

My one different post should not warrant a vote.

At least when I get mislynched Haddock will stop trusting his reads in me...

Why can't we wait until D3 when I'll crumble if I'm scum?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 17, 2016, 05:42:34 pm »

Because you are crumbling D2

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 17, 2016, 05:47:35 pm »

Because you are crumbling D2
That's a town tell bud.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 17, 2016, 07:25:04 pm »

vote: RR

You can still vote Seprix and have it count for tiebreakers.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 17, 2016, 10:56:03 pm »

I am back from work. I guess I can get to work on that thread again. I've all but forgotten everything anyways, might as well.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #915 on: June 18, 2016, 12:00:55 am »

Let me say right now before I start, Faust, Haddock, and ADK are so very pro-town in my eyes. Let's see if this re-read changes my opinion.

The Haddock lynch is where it's at. Time to get this guy dead as dead can be.

Heap 'em on.

Let's start here, the day before the lynch period. Iguana pushes for Haddock, which is a little scummy, but not damning by any means, let's be honest.

OK, so the final day is upon us and apparently I'm still the one in the lead to be lynched.  Which is super frustrating, especially since my wagon basically isn't any bigger than the competing ones.  It also hurts that my vote has been essentially rendered useless by Awaclus refusing to move.

I don't really know what to say at this point. I'm aware that my play for the first half of the day was really weak; but it really bugs me that noone has noted how I've stepped up my game since I found the time more recently.  In particular since Fruit Ninja ended.

Lots of people look towny here, scum must be playing well, so I understand that there's a lot of PoE doing work.  But we can do better than me.  I have been scumhunting as well as anyone else in recent times, and have been contributing much more effectively than the current alternative wagons. 

Can the people currently on my wagon please explain why?  The person who made the case (faust) has even moved away, and you guys haven't really offered anything. 

ADK in particular, can you rethink your vote please?

This feels so genuine. Haddock plays scummy sometimes, but he can really start the violins and hit you in the feels when he wants to.

From before:
So, summary of my reads:

People I would like to lynch:
iguana (some posts that read like his town meta but also lots of scummy things)
gkrieg (I stand by my stance on his recent slip.  And he's not done anything towny except his reads list)

People I could lynch:
ced (Many questions, and fair enough if that's his style, but he hasn't been super towny in general)
Jimmm (lurker)

People I probably wouldn't want to lynch:
ADK (towny in general)
Seprix (lots of idiotic posts that make no sense, but I've come to expect that)
silver (makes a lot of sense, which is a nulltell for him but he's handy to have around as a result)

People I definitely wouldn't want to lynch:
Joseph, RR, faust, Awaclus.  All for fairly obvious reasons.

This reads list yesterday reflects how I feel today mostly. It's really really weird. I've been looking again at Ced recently (he was my scum case before), because scum is not playing an aggressive game by any means. He's been asking questions, sure, but not contributing all that much. Now he's pushing for my lynch, and sure, there's the whole OMGUS argument, but it's honestly not that. I'm such a super easy mislynch for that gambit, let's be honest. It's really safe to push my lynch. That's Awaclus, pushing the safe lynch. He never takes gambles. But Ced is a good player, you'd think he'd be more aggressive as town, right?

I think deadline is in about 6 hours.

Vote: Jimmmmm out of self-preservation.

This is why I think Awaclus is town. He's just so hard to read, and I know it's about 6 hours to the lynch, but he never moves his vote after.

I'm not a big fan of the Jimmmmm wagon. Too many not-so-towny people on it.

More town posts from obvious town.

Iguana is voting for Haddock at this point. Gkreig is voting for Haddock at this point. No way all three scum votes on Haddock. Faust and Jimmmmm are also voting here at this point. In addition, Joseph and RR are both voting for Jimmmmm, along with Haddock and Awaclus. Silverspawn is the lone wolf voting for Awaclus, with that awful awful bussing attempt from him, likely trying to repeat the Fruit Ninja trick again. Ced is not voting. I think Silverspawn is almost given to be scum as well, and then pick among Gkreig, Iguana, Joseph, RR and Ced for the third.

So FTR I think that faust's 587 presents a good case on Haddock.

As for Haddock's more recent posting:
There's an obvious self-survival motive at work here (e.g. voting Jimmmmm), but I think that's a given regardless of alignment. There's something else driving Haddock's posts here, though: he's trying to solve the game. 675 is insightful in this regard. The voting restrictions are making a mess of the deadline situation, for example me not being able to productively vote iguana. He's not just saying that though - he is also actively trying to scumhunt outside of just going for Jimmmmm.

Jimmmmm and Awaclus meanwhile are mainly preoccupied with self-survival votes. In Jimmm's case, this goes back further. I did note his previous posts were complaining about Lynch all Lurkers when he got the first two votes from RR/Joseph.

Vote Jimmmmm

Lurker lynches suck but I really don't like the alternatives.

EWP: Man. If you're gonna flame me iguana, then I don't think I want to play.

EWP2: Oh.

And there might go the Ced scum case, single handedly. This is a bold bus move if Ced is scum. He is a good player, but is it necessary? Haddock is practically the lynch at this point, and nobody would really knock Ced all that much for doing so. So it's down to SS, Iguana, RR, Joseph, and Gkreig.

Feels bad man
What does this mean?

Vote: Seprix instead.
Shit.  I might be number one lynch again.

Hold on.
Jimmmm's emotional time zone plea got me.

WOW is this a bad post. I hear people say it's typical RR, but he could be looking for the first chance possible to get another wagon going. He also does a lot of other scummy stuff I remembered, such opportunistic stuff, which I may or may not quote as I go through the end of the day, because it might not be there.

Time to make a bold (ba dum Tsss) statement:
A no lynch is better than lynching Jimmmmm

Well, like this. Speak of the devil.

Awaclus. You are forgetting Awaclus.

We should lynch Awaclus.

Man, I just don't like this last second push for Awaclus. The last time that happened left a Monarch Butterfly-like taste in my mouth.

let's do that then

vote: Awaclus

SS was already voting Awaclus when he did this. Not sure how relevant this is.

vote: Jimmmm then

Ooooooh, there goes my SS case. That's crazy insane for SS to do as scum. Like, wow. Crazy bus gamble as scum. If anybody would do it, SS would, but man.

I think I'm scummier than Seprix. I was over there blowing my nose at Jimmmmm's defense. Still though. Let's here Seprix's pitiful excuse, if he even has one.

Ewwwwwwwww, ew ew ew. He first says he's scummier, then instantly flip flops like Romney and turns on me like a rabid dog. As SS says, "classic RR". I can't read this. Can anybody read this?

Okay, so we're down to RR, Joseph, Gkreig, and Iguana.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 18, 2016, 12:02:30 am »

We could lynch RR just for town policy based on how he has played, but is that the right call? I will have to reread gkreig, RR, Joseph, and Iguana. I think Iguana/gkrieg is the best lynch now, actually, but there's no real substance to this yet. I'll have to read.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #917 on: June 18, 2016, 02:58:21 am »

We could lynch RR just for town policy based on how he has played, but is that the right call?

No. The right call is to lynch you.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 18, 2016, 09:14:59 am »

Again.  Not doing post by post.  But silver is towny.  Off the table for today definitely.

Actually @silver, when you get a minute can we get a summary of your reads?
reads? what reads? where am I?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 18, 2016, 09:21:32 am »

oh right this was the game where nothing scummy happened.

That means scum are among the players whom we don't count because they're always scummy. Vote: Awaclus

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 18, 2016, 09:29:49 am »

That means scum are among the players whom we don't count because they're always scummy. Vote: Awaclus

Remaining team seems to be Seprix/silverspawn
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 18, 2016, 09:57:59 am »

pretty sure it's not that team. About 100%.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #922 on: June 18, 2016, 12:01:04 pm »

No, this was the game where Seprix was confirmed scum.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 18, 2016, 01:41:34 pm »

No, this was the game where Seprix was confirmed scum.

Prove it. Prove I'm scum. That's right, you can't. So quit acting like you have.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #924 on: June 18, 2016, 01:46:14 pm »

Prove it. Prove I'm scum. That's right, you can't. So quit acting like you have.

That's not how it works. You prove you're town.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 20 queries.